Playoff Depth charts and what to do with Javale

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:49 am    Post subject: Playoff Depth charts and what to do with Javale

The Lakers have an advantage of solid team chemistry but without seeing what plays out when the 8 games are up, what will the depth chart look like? We don't know the shape the guys are in but what's your best take?

Also, McGee is a delicate situation but it's hard to justify putting him out there. I understand that there are studies and early results that debate that the risk isn't as high as first believed when it comes to asthma, but it's still a risk. It may come across to McGee the wrong way, but I wouldn't put him out there. That makes the center depth Howard/Davis and another topic would be a move for another big (DMC for Cook?)

PG Bradley 28/Rondo 14/Caruso 6
SG Green 16/KCP 22/Caruso 10
SF James 36/Green 12
PF Kuzma 24/Morris 12/Davis 12
C Davis 24/Howard 18/Morris 6
*Davis and James go up a few mpg as the playoffs go on
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Playoff Depth charts and what to do with Javale

fansincemagic wrote:
The Lakers have an advantage of solid team chemistry but without seeing what plays out when the 8 games are up, what will the depth chart look like? We don't know the shape the guys are in but what's your best take?

Also, McGee is a delicate situation but it's hard to justify putting him out there. I understand that there are studies and early results that debate that the risk isn't as high as first believed when it comes to asthma, but it's still a risk. It may come across to McGee the wrong way, but I wouldn't put him out there. That makes the center depth Howard/Davis and another topic would be a move for another big (DMC for Cook?)

SF James 36/Green 12

I had corona and pneumonia I also was out of here. I don’t think he has anything to worry about as long as he fully healed. I think if you avoid things like pneumonia or anything that would help kill you’ll be ok. My breathing isn’t 100% yet but it’s because of the pneumonia not so much the corona
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:05 am    Post subject: Re: Playoff Depth charts and what to do with Javale

Car54 wrote:
fansincemagic wrote:

SF James 36/Green 12

I had corona and pneumonia I also was out of here. I don’t think he has anything to worry about as long as he fully healed. I think if you avoid things like pneumonia or anything that would help kill you’ll be ok. My breathing isn’t 100% yet but it’s because of the pneumonia not so much the corona

Happy to see you recovered bro...that's a tough combo...I take it you're middle age...elderly don't do well with that combo.
cthroatgtr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:52 pm    Post subject:

Can Boogie be resigned now? I would think he maybe healthy now with the extra time perhaps you sign him as insurance if Javale is a no-go. I believe I read you cannot sign players that were not signed at the beginning of the season but that may allow him to be resigned.

Javale is a real concern. Without him AD plays more center, which isn't a bad thing. That is where having signed Morris helps too as you have a few more options.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:22 pm    Post subject:

There is talk of playoff rosters being expanded because of the pandemic.

If there are additional spots and/or an injury, it’s probably likely Boogie will be brought back and added to the roster.
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Playoff Depth charts and what to do with Javale

King Randle wrote:
Car54 wrote:
fansincemagic wrote:

SF James 36/Green 12

Happy to see you recovered bro...that's a tough combo...I take it you're middle age...elderly don't do well with that combo.

Yeah that has to be terrible, good to hear your recovery though!
sgtpepper1972
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Playoff Depth charts and what to do with Javale

Car54 wrote:
fansincemagic wrote:

SF James 36/Green 12

Great to hear you've recovered sir!
textbook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:57 am    Post subject:

I forgot we had DION WAITERS. What’s he going to bring to the table?
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:22 am    Post subject:

https://www.lasportsreport.com/lakers/213887/lakers-news-antetokounmpo-among-3-g-league-players-to-be-called-up-for-orlando-tournament/
EduBasketball
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:11 am    Post subject:

I'm doing an in-depth analysis of the Lakers depth chart focusing on four different lineup combinations. I'll post more info as I go, but wanted to run a quick poll.

Which one of the 4 lineup scenarios do you think has the LOWEST offensive efficiency (Hint: may not be the obvious answer)

- Lebron and AD on the court
- Lebron on, AD off
- AD on, Lebron off
- Both off
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:25 pm    Post subject:

I would guess Lebron on, AD off.

If no McGee or Howard, I am fine with Cacock getting 10-15 minutes.
EduBasketball
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:07 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

Lebron off and AD on the court has been the worst combination for the Lakers so far.

A complete breakdown here for those interested:

Let me know what you think.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:04 pm    Post subject:

EduBasketball wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Lebron off and AD on the court has been the worst combination for the Lakers so far.

A complete breakdown here for those interested:

Let me know what you think.

My guess was because AD plays with the bench when Lebron sits
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: