2020 NBA Season Restart /NON LAKER RESTART GAMES
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 274, 275, 276  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:27 am    Post subject:

NBA/NBPA - Maintaining Social Change During Season Restart

Per Lakers Nation (Full article on their Blog)

NBA officials and the Players Association have met to determine the best course of action to continue raising awareness in the fight against racial injustice and other social issues as the league continues to move toward resuming its season.

One of the biggest concerns expressed by players for the 2019-20 NBA season restart on the Walt Disney World Campus in Orlando, Florida, is that they would be actively providing a distraction from all the efforts being made by the African-American community amid challenging times.

Although the NBA has long supported the player’s right to protest and use their platform to bring attention to the real issues at hand, there are those that feel efforts have largely been one-sided and more must be done on if they hope to spark a true change.

As a result, commissioner Adam Silver and chief operating officer Mark Tatum were among the notable league officials to meet with the NBPA, headed by executive director Michele Roberts, president Chris Paul and first vice president Andre Iguodala to come up with a plan to address the social unease in the United States.

https://twitter.com/lakersnation/status/1276230177844891655?s=21

Article - https://lakersnation.com/nba-nbpa-discussing-ways-to-best-use-platform-for-social-change-amid-season-restart/2020/06/25/amp/?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:02 pm    Post subject:

I read on Twitter that the Clippers and other teams are trying to get the league change when families can enter the “bubble”. They want to drop from 22 teams to 16 in order to have more living space. I’m still not confident that this thing happens.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:51 am    Post subject:

Quote:
RE NBA schedule release: I've heard the "next 8 games on the original schedule among teams in Orlando" template that was initially reported was used as a rough baseline - but then tweaked in several spots to better reflect each team's remaining SOS at the time of the shutdown.

https://twitter.com/ben_dowsett/status/1276560771426578432?s=21
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:18 pm    Post subject:

Restart Schedule

I just drove up North. I thought sure someone would’ve posted the actual info lol

Per NBA.com

NEW YORK -- The NBA today released its complete game schedule and national television schedules for TNT, ESPN, ABC and NBA TV for the “seeding games,” which will be played July 30 – Aug. 14 to tip off the resumption of the 2019-20 season.

The 22 teams participating in the season restart will play eight seeding games each at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida. The team-by-team schedules for the seeding games are now available.

On Thursday, July 30, the season will resume with a TNT doubleheader as the Utah Jazz faces the New Orleans Pelicans (6:30 p.m. ET) and the LA Clippers meet the Los Angeles Lakers (9 p.m. ET).

ESPN will tip off its restart game telecasts with a doubleheader on Friday, July 31 and four games on Saturday, Aug. 1. Friday’s doubleheader will feature the Boston Celtics vs. the Milwaukee Bucks (6:30 p.m. ET) and the Houston Rockets vs. the Dallas Mavericks (9 p.m. ET). Saturday’s schedule on ESPN will begin with a matchup between the Miami Heat and the Denver Nuggets (1 p.m. ET).

ABC will present two games on Sunday, Aug. 2, with the Portland Trail Blazers taking on the Celtics (3:30 p.m. ET) and the Bucks meeting the Rockets (8:30 p.m. ET).

NBA TV will televise seven games during the first week of the season restart, beginning with a matchup between the Memphis Grizzlies and Portland Trail Blazers on July 31 (4 p.m. ET).

NEW YORK -- The NBA today released its complete game schedule and national television schedules for TNT, ESPN, ABC and NBA TV for the “seeding games,” which will be played July 30 – Aug. 14 to tip off the resumption of the 2019-20 season.

The 22 teams participating in the season restart will play eight seeding games each at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida. The team-by-team schedules for the seeding games are now available.

On Thursday, July 30, the season will resume with a TNT doubleheader as the Utah Jazz faces the New Orleans Pelicans (6:30 p.m. ET) and the LA Clippers meet the Los Angeles Lakers (9 p.m. ET).

ESPN will tip off its restart game telecasts with a doubleheader on Friday, July 31 and four games on Saturday, Aug. 1. Friday’s doubleheader will feature the Boston Celtics vs. the Milwaukee Bucks (6:30 p.m. ET) and the Houston Rockets vs. the Dallas Mavericks (9 p.m. ET). Saturday’s schedule on ESPN will begin with a matchup between the Miami Heat and the Denver Nuggets (1 p.m. ET).

ABC will present two games on Sunday, Aug. 2, with the Portland Trail Blazers taking on the Celtics (3:30 p.m. ET) and the Bucks meeting the Rockets (8:30 p.m. ET).

NBA TV will televise seven games during the first week of the season restart, beginning with a matchup between the Memphis Grizzlies and Portland Trail Blazers on July 31 (4 p.m. ET).

https://www.nba.com/article/2020/06/26/nba-schedule-release-2019-20-season-comeback-official
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:34 pm    Post subject:

Le Actual Schedule

https://stats.nba.com/schedule/

All 2019-20 NBA season restart games are played across three venues at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex in Orlando, Florida and will begin on July 30. Based on a competitive format approved by the NBA Board of Governors and the NBPA, 22 teams will return to play during the 2019-20 NBA season. The 22 teams consist of the 16 teams (eight per conference) in current playoff positions and the six teams that are currently six games or fewer behind the eighth seed in their respective conferences.

Thursday, July 30
WEEK 22
2 GAMES

6:30 PM ET - TNT

Utah Jazz

vs

New Orleans Pelicans

HP Field House
Orlando, FL

9:00 PM ET - TNT

LA Clippers

vs

Los Angeles Lakers

The Arena (WWOS)
Orlando, FL

Friday, July 31
WEEK 22
6 GAMES

2:30 PM ET
Orlando Magic

vs

Brooklyn Nets
HP Field House
Orlando, FL

4:00 PM ET - NBATV

Memphis Grizzlies

vs

Portland Trail Blazers
The Arena (WWOS)
Orlando, FL

4:00 PM ET
Phoenix Suns

vs

Washington Wizards
Visa Athletic Center
Orlando, FL

6:30 PM ET - ESPN
Boston Celtics

vs

Milwaukee Bucks
HP Field House
Orlando, FL

8:00 PM ET
Sacramento Kings

vs

San Antonio Spurs
Visa Athletic Center
Orlando, FL

9:00 PM ET - ESPN

Houston Rockets
vs

Dallas Mavericks
The Arena (WWOS)
Orlando, FL

I'll update this schedule weekly once gameplay starts.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:46 pm    Post subject:

Actually - LAKERS Games

Let me just list the Lakers Games for now

Thursday, July 30 - 9:00 PM ET - TNT

LA Clippers

vs

Los Angeles Lakers

Saturday, August 1st - 8:30 PM ET - ESPN

Los Angeles Lakers

vs

Toronto Raptors
The Arena (WWOS)
Orlando, FL

Monday, August 3rd - 9:00 PM ET - ESPN

Los Angeles Lakers

Utah Jazz

vs

The Arena (WWOS)
Orlando, FL

Thursday, August 6th - 9:00 PM ET - TNT

Los Angeles Lakers

vs
Houston Rockets
The Arena (WWOS)
Orlando, FL

Saturday, August 8th - 6:00 PM ET - ABC

Los Angeles Lakers

vs

Indiana Pacers
HP Field House
Orlando, FL

Monday, August 10th - 9:00 PM ET - TNT

Denver Nuggets

vs

Los Angeles Lakers

The Arena (WWOS)
Orlando, FL

Thursday August 13th - TBD - TBD

Sacramento Kings

vs

Los Angeles Lakers
ESPN WWOS
Orlando, FL
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:02 pm    Post subject:

16 out of 302 Players Tested Positive

Per ESPN

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29369877/16-302-nba-players-test-positive-coronavirus

The NBA and the National Basketball Players Association on Friday said 16 players tested positive for the coronavirus in the first wave of mandatory tests done in preparation for the restart of the season.

Those 16 players were part of a pool of 302 tested on Tuesday -- a 5.3% rate of positive tests leaguewide.

Commissioner Adam Silver said the numbers were roughly as expected and that none of the 16 were seriously ill.

"One thing we're learning with this virus is, so much is unpredictable," Silver said during Friday's conference call with National Basketball Players Association executive director Michele Roberts and NBPA president Chris Paul. "We're not saying full steam ahead no matter what happens. We all talk daily, and we're gonna see how this continues to play out. But we feel very comfortable right now with where we are."

Any player who tested positive will remain in self-isolation until he satisfies public health protocols for discontinuing isolation and has been cleared by a physician.

The player names were not disclosed; some players, such as Malcolm Brogdon of Indiana and Sacramento teammates Jabari Parker and Alex Len, have publicly acknowledged they recently tested positive.

The NBA season is scheduled to resume on July 30 with 22 teams participating in Orlando, Florida.

Both Silver and NBPA executive director Michele Roberts said they were "relieved" that the number wasn't higher and that both sides expected positive tests during this period.

"Well, I think one would have been concerning, but God forgive me, I'm somewhat relieved that the number was not higher," Roberts said. "I'm also relieved that we had the foresight to identify the players that would be testing positive now, because our goal, of course, is to make sure that when guys do report to campus, that they'd be reporting having been tested negative.

"I've been holding my breath for the last few weeks -- and again, maybe I should be less enthusiastic or optimistic. If nothing else, it's told me that the great majority of our players have been doing exactly what they should have been doing, which is keeping safe. Again, one is too many, but 150 would have been devastating."

The league did not announce results of testing on staffers and other members of team travel parties, all of whom are also part of the mandatory testing program.

On Tuesday, teams were required to begin testing players participating in voluntary workouts in their home markets every other day. Mandatory workouts begin July 1, and teams participating in the restart can begin to arrive in Florida on July 7. Training camps will run from July 9 to 29 with three scrimmages per team.

On Thursday, the NBA shared with its players the security plan to help enforce health and safety protocols and to secure its campus at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex for the resumption of the season, league sources told ESPN.

ESPN's Tim Bontemps and The Associated Press contributed to this report.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:40 pm    Post subject:

5.3 percent positive! Dam. Hope the NBA has a plan to retest players intermittently because a 5.3 percent as a screening test is very high. Take a random group of 300 people from any city and you wouldn’t get near that rate. I know it’s a bubble...but how do we know they can keep all players inside and their families.

Saw some article comparing it to the national average of 6.5 percent trying to spin it as not that bad. Well the 6.5 percent represents not just screening tests but tests where there are symptoms or someone exposed to someone with coronavirus, which probably makes up the majority of these tests, which should be much higher than screening tests alone.
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:54 am    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
5.3 percent positive! Dam. Hope the NBA has a plan to retest players intermittently because a 5.3 percent as a screening test is very high. Take a random group of 300 people from any city and you wouldn’t get near that rate. I know it’s a bubble...but how do we know they can keep all players inside and their families.

Saw some article comparing it to the national average of 6.5 percent trying to spin it as not that bad. Well the 6.5 percent represents not just screening tests but tests where there are symptoms or someone exposed to someone with coronavirus, which probably makes up the majority of these tests, which should be much higher than screening tests alone.

This site for Orange County data shows a 4.96% testing positive rate for people who got the test and then tested positive.

https://orangecountycovid19.com/
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:23 am    Post subject:

Not very excited about the restart tbh.

It sucks that we are the only team of the contenders with at least one important player opting out.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:00 pm    Post subject:

Surfitall wrote:
lar9149 wrote:

This site for Orange County data shows a 4.96% testing positive rate for people who got the test and then tested positive.

https://orangecountycovid19.com/

Orange County does have lower % positive tests due to lower incidence of the virus. LA county however, has been rising to over 9% in past 2 weeks (link below)

https://deadline.com/2020/06/los-angeles-county-coronavirus-test-positivity-rate-rises-to-9-percent-1202971558/

Let me clarify..the 4.96% & 9% testing positive you mentioned is for people that have symptoms or been exposed (or both)..some are for people without symptoms (as in a screening tests)..but the vast majority are for people in the former group. It isn't as common some person without symptoms will come get a tests just to make sure they don't have virus. Mostly its people who have a reason to do it.

If a person has fluid in the lung and is being tested for the virus, you should think they are much more likely to have the virus.

But if you are testing a random person just so make sure they don't have it, the chance of getting a positive tests are going to be far far less likely. Although this would depend what city you are speaking about.

The NBA is testing for the latter reason..as a screening test so it should be far far less than 4.96%

If you take for example, the total number of people who have been infected in the USA at 2.5 million and the total population of 330 million..which is an incidence of 0.8%. But this is for all cases since the pandemic (cumulative cases), the number of cases at any one time is going to be much lower.

So given the incidence in the US population is much lower than 0.8%, it doesn't bid well that the NBA had a 5% incidence imo
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:49 am    Post subject:

All Lakers Regular Season Games Will Be On Spectrum SportsNet

I wasn’t sure until I found a confirmation

Per Spectrum SportsNet

Final 8️⃣ games of the regular season are 𝗛𝗘𝗥𝗘 and you can catch them all on @SpectrumSN. #LakeShow

https://twitter.com/spectrumsn/status/1276674870168784898?s=21
Startrout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:39 pm    Post subject:

We haven’t played in all this time and have to open with a back to back of the Clippers and Raptors - Ouch! I was hoping we’d get a few games under their belt before we played the Clips. I hope no one gets hurt by going too hard right out of the gates by trying to win against a tough opponent.
Startrout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:41 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:

Per Spectrum SportsNet

Final 8️⃣ games of the regular season are 𝗛𝗘𝗥𝗘 and you can catch them all on @SpectrumSN. #LakeShow

I wonder if they will be blacked out in Florida? I hope not, but Directv in Florida’s tends to block out all SportsNet games no matter who we are playing (even if the game is not shown anywhere else).
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:38 pm    Post subject:

Startrout wrote:
TDRock wrote:

Per Spectrum SportsNet

I wonder if they will be blacked out in Florida? I hope not, but Directv in Florida’s tends to block out all SportsNet games no matter who we are playing (even if the game is not shown anywhere else).

Oh wow how frustrating. Why let y’all have the channel if they’re going to block everything??
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:48 pm    Post subject:

Players Opting Out

Per Sporting News (updated about 7pm 6/28/20)

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nba/news/nba-players-opting-out-2020-season-return/bx9o1py4syh2135hagvwm3jhl

Trevor Ariza, Portland Trailblazers

Davis Bertans, Washington Wizards

Avery Bradley, LA Lakers

Willie Cauley-Stein, Dallas Mavericks

DeMarcus Cousins, free agent (conflicting reports on this one)

Wilson Chandler, Brooklyn Nets
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:50 pm    Post subject:

John Wall Confirmed Out

Per Ohm

Wizards GM Tommy Sheppard says John Wall will not join the team in Orlando. He will continue to work with his off-season schedule.

https://twitter.com/notoriousohm/status/1277689008177348608?s=21
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:52 pm    Post subject:

The Refs Will Be There

Per NBA Refs

NBRA announces ratification of agreement with NBA governing re-start of season in Orlando. The NBRA is proud to join the NBA community as we navigate the new normal, and deliver the best basketball product to the best fans in the world:

https://twitter.com/officialnbarefs/status/1277673169105686530?s=21
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:06 am    Post subject:

Nets Having Corona Issues

Per Woj

The Nets practice facility re-opened today after being closed for several days, sources said. Nets had recent positive coronavirus tests with DeAndre Jordan and Spencer Dinwiddie.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1277996612632092672?s=21
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:12 am    Post subject:

Startrout wrote:
We haven’t played in all this time and have to open with a back to back of the Clippers and Raptors - Ouch! I was hoping we’d get a few games under their belt before we played the Clips. I hope no one gets hurt by going too hard right out of the gates by trying to win against a tough opponent.

I would bench LeBron and AD for the Clippers game just to screw with them and avoid injury before the playoffs since the Clippers have several dirty players.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:13 am    Post subject:

Nuggets Too

Per Woj

After positive tests for the coronavirus within the traveling party headed to Orlando, the Denver Nuggets have closed team's practice facility for several days, sources tell ESPN. Facility was locked to players and staff starting Saturday, and could open again later this week.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1277989389205938176?s=21
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:49 am    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
Nuggets Too

Per Woj

After positive tests for the coronavirus within the traveling party headed to Orlando, the Denver Nuggets have closed team's practice facility for several days, sources tell ESPN. Facility was locked to players and staff starting Saturday, and could open again later this week.

I feel like some sort of higher power keeps trying to warn the league this season restart is a bad idea.
But the owners just won't take the hint. They're just thinking about the $ to be made. And not how this could backfire with large ripple effects.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:53 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
TDRock wrote:
Nuggets Too

Per Woj

I feel like some sort of higher power keeps trying to warn the league. This season restart is a bad idea. But the owners just won't take the hint. They're just thinking about the $ to be made. And not how this could backfire with large ripple effects.

I don’t disagree with you, but what really rubs me the wrong way is how Europe was able to competently resume their major leagues (EPL, Bundesliga, Serie A and Spanish league).

I just smh at how incompetent the whole situation is domestically. Imagine 20 years ago reading “Europe is issuing a travel ban from the USA.”

Just embarrassing tbh. Americans are now getting banned from entering other countries.

Edit: I will say though that the reality is you have to work around this virus because it’s not going away. Can’t shutdown for 2 years. The issue is the incompetence and moronic actions of a few.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:56 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
TDRock wrote:
Nuggets Too

Per Woj

I feel like some sort of higher power keeps trying to warn the league this season restart is a bad idea.
But the owners just won't take the hint. They're just thinking about the $ to be made. And not how this could backfire with large ripple effects.

I have very large concerns myself. Another trend talked about what would stop Lakers from a championship and my biggest worry is Covid 19. It’s possible the nba could start this and have to close down due to outbreaks despite taking super cautions.

But neitherless I think the nba has to try. As Adam silver said sports bring people together. The nba is just going to have to be really ocd about everything to prevent outbreaks within the bubble.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:20 am    Post subject:

Cancel this Florida plan. And do it in Hawaii instead. I know that screws things up for the league and what not. But if/when this thing starts up in Florida and the numbers spike in the bubble. Alot of people will be saying how dumb and reckless this plan was all along.

You could actually do this safely in Hawaii (a state that has a 14 day quarantine for all arriving passengers). But I get it. The time zone makes it tough for games to be shown during prime eastern time markets. And travel expenses. And we have to make Disney happy. And yada yada $ is more important than long term lung scarring from COVID to the players.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 274, 275, 276  Next
Page 5 of 276
Jump to: