What are our chances to win it all?

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
AD23
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 15 Jul 2019
Posts: 553

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:04 pm    Post subject: What are our chances to win it all?

Let's discuss! I want this one BAD!

For Kobe, for a crappy 2020.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
madsen35
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jun 2002
Posts: 8587

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:14 pm    Post subject:

Clippers are probably the only team standing in the way. Bucks maybe.
_________________
Good Laker book I recommend, "The Biggest What-If's in Lakers History" http://www.amazon.com/Biggest-What-Ifs-Angeles-History-ebook/dp/B00BB3OEC0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Reply with quote
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 2352

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:19 pm    Post subject:

We're gonna take this one. It's our year, and the only chances of that being derailed are through covid. With the season back on track, i want to see us smash the Clippers in the WCF (4-1 or 4-2). Then, let's humiliate the Celtics in the Finals (4-0 or 4-1) on our way to tying up the all-time championship count.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Dec 2007
Posts: 29817
Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:01 pm    Post subject:

I’m not super optimistic if Dwight ends up sitting out. Defense already took a significant hit without Bradley.
_________________
Damian Lillard shatters Dwight Coward's championship dreams:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZrbEjppnd4
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 12054

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:08 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
I’m not super optimistic if Dwight ends up sitting out. Defense already took a significant hit without Bradley.


With Dwight, I’ll say 33.3%. 3 way split with Clippers and Bucks.

Without Dwight, <10%. He is a glue guy for what the team does on defense. Already took a hit like you said with AB out.

If we had AB, I would give us 50% chance and 50% between the Clippers/Bucks.
_________________
Klutch Angeles Lakers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Jun 2006
Posts: 29358

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: What are our chances to win it all?

AD23 wrote:
Let's discuss! I want this one BAD!

For Kobe, for a crappy 2020.



Going in, we probably have as good a shot as anyone. But lots of unknowns -- how will the layoffs affect the teams, who will come down sick? This will be the may be the most unpredictable playoffs ever.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 137258
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:15 pm    Post subject:

I am guessing that injury will be the deciding factor
_________________
“I loved playing music to his words” - John Densmore on Jim Morrison
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Jan 2010
Posts: 33507

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:34 pm    Post subject:

So hard to predict anything not knowing how this will look. Its completely new territory.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
4evARaBruinLG
Rookie
Rookie


Joined: 19 Jun 2019
Posts: 24

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:42 pm    Post subject: Re: What are our chances to win it all?

activeverb wrote:
AD23 wrote:
Let's discuss! I want this one BAD!

For Kobe, for a crappy 2020.



Going in, we probably have as good a shot as anyone. But lots of unknowns -- how will the layoffs affect the teams, who will come down sick? This will be the may be the most unpredictable playoffs ever.


Yup
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersfever714
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 05 Jan 2016
Posts: 5696

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:34 pm    Post subject:

100%
_________________
In Loving Memory of the Black Mamba!
1978-2020
Posterized but never got posterized
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
hype
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Nov 2007
Posts: 1810
Location: Mission Viejo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:33 am    Post subject:

I'd say as good as anyone right now. It's a shame the season ended because we had not only the talent but our team was gelling so great which is what was pushing us above the other contenders. After all that time off and every team looking to regain that rhythm it's a complete tossup all over again for all the top teams. Especially with us losing for sure Bradley and if we lose Dwight as well it's going to be tough.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Dec 2008
Posts: 5392
Location: LA

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:20 am    Post subject:

We are in an unfavorable position compared to pre-covid due to the loss of Bradley, disruption to our great play at the time, and loss of HCA versus LAC, and due to the extra rest given to KL and PG13. Obviously we got the rest too, but they needed it more. So i would say we had a 60% chance then. We probably have a 40% chance now, with LAC and Bucks at 30% each. Still the favorites l
_________________
Billions Billions Billions
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 26602

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:51 am    Post subject:

100%
_________________
KOBE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Apr 2002
Posts: 13454

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:28 am    Post subject:

BigBallerBrand wrote:
We are in an unfavorable position compared to pre-covid due to the loss of Bradley, disruption to our great play at the time, and loss of HCA versus LAC, and due to the extra rest given to KL and PG13. Obviously we got the rest too, but they needed it more. So i would say we had a 60% chance then. We probably have a 40% chance now, with LAC and Bucks at 30% each. Still the favorites l


I'm hopeful that the time off has allowed AD to overcome his nagging injuries. He seemed like he was only playing at 85%-90% and the shoulder was never right. If he's all good, I'm confident we win it all.
_________________
On Lakersground, a concern troll is someone who is a fan of another team, but pretends to be a Lakers fan with "concerns".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Jun 2006
Posts: 29358

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:48 am    Post subject:

BigBallerBrand wrote:
We are in an unfavorable position compared to pre-covid due to the loss of Bradley, disruption to our great play at the time, and loss of HCA versus LAC, and due to the extra rest given to KL and PG13. Obviously we got the rest too, but they needed it more. So i would say we had a 60% chance then. We probably have a 40% chance now, with LAC and Bucks at 30% each. Still the favorites l


I'd say we have a 41.34% chance now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 12054

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:06 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
BigBallerBrand wrote:
We are in an unfavorable position compared to pre-covid due to the loss of Bradley, disruption to our great play at the time, and loss of HCA versus LAC, and due to the extra rest given to KL and PG13. Obviously we got the rest too, but they needed it more. So i would say we had a 60% chance then. We probably have a 40% chance now, with LAC and Bucks at 30% each. Still the favorites l


I'd say we have a 41.34% chance now.


Assume JR Smith wears #6. Remove Avery Bradley #11

Total sum of jersey numbers with Bradley = 309
Total sum with JR, no Bradley = 304

304/309= 98% chance

#analytics
_________________
Klutch Angeles Lakers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB