Should Lakers resign Demarcus Cousins now?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
4evARaBruinLG
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:44 pm    Post subject:

Who are the eligible players to sign besides bigs?

Cacock
Kostas
Boog
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:35 am    Post subject:

Laker7 wrote:
ESPN is reporting some players are hesitant to return fearing the virus. Players association is telling players they can not report to Orlando and not be punished. NBA is telling teams if players don't report they can sign free agents. If one of the Lakers players do not show in Orlando, Boogie would be my first call.

Dion Waiters would be the guy I would cut.

So we replace a guy who is healthy with a guy who hasn’t been? Are we trying to lose? When Cousins was last healthy enough to play he was a shell of his former self. Better off with Cacock.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:36 am    Post subject:

4evARaBruinLG wrote:

Cacock
Kostas
Boog

Every player not on an NBA team
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:58 am    Post subject:

4evARaBruinLG wrote:

Cacock
Kostas
Boog

I don't believe the NBA has announced the details of their plan, so we don't know for sure if the rules for free agents and roster changes will be changed. Right now, people are just guessing or reacting to different idea/proposals that may or may not be implemented.
brock
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:32 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
activeverb wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Imagine a Dwight/Cousins/McGee trio at Center.

Sure, that's great if he's the Demarcus Cousins from 2017. Would we even want the current Demarcus Cousins in the rotation? No idea.

And I am McGee I wouldn’t play until there is a vaccine. Very dangerous with his asthma.

That's actually not true. There hasn't been any science to show that COVID is any more dangerous to an otherwise healthy person with asthma, than it is to anyone else.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:37 am    Post subject:

brock wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
activeverb wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Imagine a Dwight/Cousins/McGee trio at Center.

Sure, that's great if he's the Demarcus Cousins from 2017. Would we even want the current Demarcus Cousins in the rotation? No idea.

And I am McGee I wouldn’t play until there is a vaccine. Very dangerous with his asthma.

That's actually not true. There hasn't been any science to show that COVID is any more dangerous to an otherwise healthy person with asthma, than it is to anyone else.

A lot isn't known about covid-19 yet. Right now the data is incomplete and sketchy about asthma. At this point, no one is sure if people with asthma are at greater risk -- there is even some data (also sketchy and incomplete) which suggests they might be at lower risk than people without asthma.

That said, the virus does target the lungs, so if I had asthma I would probably exercise extra caution.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:52 am    Post subject:

If I am reading Sham's tweet correctly, the Lakers don't have another open roster spot right? He said 17 players including the two way players. So we would still be at the max already.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:18 pm    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
If I am reading Sham's tweet correctly, the Lakers don't have another open roster spot right? He said 17 players including the two way players. So we would still be at the max already.

The league is still negotiating the specifics with the player's union. As far as I know, they don't have an official plan yet.

A number of ideas have been floated.

One is to expand the roster to 17 players by including the guys on current two-way contract. Some people are against that. They prefer teams to remain smaller, so less people are in the bubble.

Some people seem to think a team could pick up any player before the season renews, but I have not seen that stated officially. I have seen speculation that teams would only be allowed to pick up a player from an eligible pool if a player is injured or gets the virus.

I don't know that we could drop a healthy player (Dion) because we wanted someone else (Boogie), as some here have speculated.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:38 pm    Post subject:

They are saying that teams can add players to replace players positive for COVID, at least at this point.
cital
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:34 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
They are saying that teams can add players to replace players positive for COVID, at least at this point.

Or if a player decides not to play... I read that McGee wasn’t sure about playing, maybe because of his health/asthma issues? If that’s the case Cousins or Gasol could be candidates to pick up.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:43 pm    Post subject:

cital wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Or if a player decides not to play... I read that McGee wasn’t sure about playing, maybe because of his health/asthma issues? If that’s the case Cousins or Gasol could be candidates to pick up.

The only thing I have read about McGee is that he was surprised to hear that players can’t come and go from the bubble and said that the NBA can’t make it a prison.
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:39 am    Post subject:

I'm not sure if they're able to resign him for the playoffs, but if they are I think they should...

It doesn't matter if he's able to play or not in my opinion only because he's been there since the beginning of the season on the bench and in rehab as a part of the team. I believe the Lakers have a good relationship with him and he obviously respects LeBron and AD.

#signboogie
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:20 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Talen Horton-Tucker is reportedly on the 15-man roster, as Cacok is the 16th man, and Antetokounmpo is the 17th man. They are all very active on the defensive end, and their length will be beneficial for Los Angeles.

https://www.lasportsreport.com/lakers/213887/lakers-news-antetokounmpo-among-3-g-league-players-to-be-called-up-for-orlando-tournament/
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:41 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Quote:
Talen Horton-Tucker is reportedly on the 15-man roster, as Cacok is the 16th man, and Antetokounmpo is the 17th man. They are all very active on the defensive end, and their length will be beneficial for Los Angeles.

https://www.lasportsreport.com/lakers/213887/lakers-news-antetokounmpo-among-3-g-league-players-to-be-called-up-for-orlando-tournament/

That's good they're on the roster but I don't see any of them getting any significant minutes of any kind.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:45 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Quote:

That's good they're on the roster but I don't see any of them getting any significant minutes of any kind.

I could see them getting some run if we lock up the 1 seed early on in the 8 game regular season. Maybe for games 5 -8 have the starters play the first half and then give those guys some run in the 2nd half of those games
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:53 pm    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Quote:

I could see them getting some run if we lock up the 1 seed early on in the 8 game regular season. Maybe for games 5 -8 have the starters play the first half and then give those guys some run in the 2nd half of those games

This is such an odd situation. After several months of layoffs, the Lakers will be more likely to want to get the rotation guys back in the groove rather than rest anyone.

Can't see why you would waste minutes on the 15-17th guys. Those three guys have only gotten 10 minutes of total playing time this season, so I don't see why they'd get a lot now.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:31 pm    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Quote:

Plus with such a short time to get into game shape after 4-5 months off, you have to expect injuries.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:33 pm    Post subject:

Regarding DMC, I wasn’t aware that his security guard had died from COVID.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:55 am    Post subject:

Quote:
@boogiecousins
Another Boogie Bomb ...

LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:13 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:

Quote:
@boogiecousins
Another Boogie Bomb ...

I like Boogie, but if this is him replacing Dwight we are screwed.

The defense will take a massive drop imo without AB and Dwight. Just too much of a drop in defense to get out of the West.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:27 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
ocho wrote:

Quote:
@boogiecousins
Another Boogie Bomb ...

The defense will take a massive drop imo without AB and Dwight. Just too much of a drop in defense to get out of the West.

Turns out it’s nothing. He’s promoting some show.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:52 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
ocho wrote:

Quote:
@boogiecousins
Another Boogie Bomb ...

The playoff rosters had to be sent in on July 1.

The Lakers decided to keep Dwight on the roster, though he hasn't decided if he will play or not from what I last heard. If he decides not to play, they can't add anyone else.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:01 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
ocho wrote:

Quote:
@boogiecousins
Another Boogie Bomb ...

The Lakers decided to keep Dwight on the roster, though he hasn't decided if he will play or not from what I last heard. If he decides not to play, they can't add anyone else.

I forgot they were keeping Dwight’s spot for Dwight and that wasn’t even long ago lol.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:13 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
ocho wrote:

Quote:
@boogiecousins
Another Boogie Bomb ...

Wow...If that's the case I'm really hoping he plays...I don't think they pull it off without him...especially with AB out. Too much D to overcome .
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:58 pm    Post subject:

"Anthony Davis FaceTimed his ex-teammate, DeMarcus Cousins, in championship locker room tonight. Cousins is eligible for a Lakers ring."

https://twitter.com/ShowtimeForum/status/1315493663187767297

AD and Cousins are tight
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 2 of 14
Jump to: