The Official J.R. Smith Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scout0_0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:16 am    Post subject:

Would be interesting to see how

KCP
JR
Green
LeBron
Davis

Would hold up on defense vs the Clippers. Switching everything from 1-4. On offense we would probably blow everyone out before the 2nd Q. The spacing would be scary.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:12 am    Post subject:

scout0_0 wrote:
Would be interesting to see how

KCP
JR
Green
LeBron
Davis

Would hold up on defense vs the Clippers. Switching everything from 1-4. On offense we would probably blow everyone out before the 2nd Q. The spacing would be scary.

I question the sustainability of that lineup. JR is probably going to be the weak link on defense and just like Rondo, the opponent will hunt him everytime.

It’s a great spacing lineup, but I don’t see them putting together more than a 2-3 min run. I could see them as a good group for a few minutes where they could go on a 12-2 run or something.

KCP, AD and Lebron can handle the minutes. Hoping that Green can play effective extended minutes with Bradley now out. I don’t think JR would be good for more than 10 minutes.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:12 pm    Post subject:

scout0_0 wrote:
Whose minutes is JR going to steal?

He is def not going to be glued to the bench. He adds what we have lacked all season long, with his addition we now have KCP, Green and JR to shoot the rock.

Dion will play due to his play making and shot creation... caruso always brings it... will it be kuzma? Or morris sliding kuz to PF?

I’m glad he is with us. I can see him getting really hot with all the attention ad and bron get.

Probably Dudley’s as the end of the bench guy.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:20 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
scout0_0 wrote:
Whose minutes is JR going to steal?

He is def not going to be glued to the bench. He adds what we have lacked all season long, with his addition we now have KCP, Green and JR to shoot the rock.

Dion will play due to his play making and shot creation... caruso always brings it... will it be kuzma? Or morris sliding kuz to PF?

I’m glad he is with us. I can see him getting really hot with all the attention ad and bron get.

Probably Dudley’s as the end of the bench guy.

I would not give Dudley's minutes to that scrub.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:26 pm    Post subject:

Spectrum SportsNet Interview

He was interviewed last night on spectrum Sportsnet and it’s available online so here is the link. Historically I have been neutral on JR because he’s been on teams that I didn’t like anyway so it didn’t matter. I don’t know how I feel about him just yet.

Per Spectrum SportsNet

Watch our full one-on-one interview with J.R. Smith: https://bit.ly/32ImbTg
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:19 pm    Post subject:

JR looked good in his first game since 2018. His effort on defense and unselfish play might get him more minutes than Waiters.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:20 pm    Post subject:

ZeroDark30_ wrote:
JR looked good in his first game since 2018. His effort on defense and unselfish play might get him more minutes than Waiters.

Yeah his passes really impressed me.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:21 pm    Post subject:

I like the pressure defense. Fits the Bradley mold.
acer77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:25 pm    Post subject:

Only question is can Lakers overcome one of his boneheaded plays in the playoffs.
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:54 pm    Post subject:

acer77 wrote:
Only question is can Lakers overcome one of his boneheaded plays in the playoffs.

I didn’t want him on the team for that reason. The good news is that we have enough bodies that he can be put on the bench and stay there.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:59 pm    Post subject:

acer77 wrote:

Trust him more than kuz tbh.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:49 am    Post subject:

Lakers' J.R. Smith balls out in first game in nearly two years
Quote:
This is pretty impressive stuff given that the 34-year-old Smith has not suited up in an NBA game since Nov. 19 of 2018. Yes, that’s almost two full calendar years.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/watch-lakers-jr-smith-balls-out-in-first-game-in-nearly-two-years/ar-BB177n6z
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:07 am    Post subject:

levon wrote:

I liked how he ran on court when his number was called. I liked that he knew he was there for 3&D only. I like that he was poised like a veteran who’s been to 4 straight NBA finals. I like how he let the game come to him. Swish will do well for us.
poppies
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:27 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
levon wrote:

I liked how he ran on court when his number was called. I liked that he knew he was there for 3&D only. I like that he was poised like a veteran who’s been to 4 straight NBA finals. I like how he let the game come to him. Swish will do well for us.

All great points, he seems ready to really add value to the team within his role.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:50 am    Post subject:

poppies wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
levon wrote:

All great points, he seems ready to really add value to the team within his role.

JR looked decent and hustled on both ends of the court (6 points, 2 assists).. He was obviously winded due to his hiatus; hopefully he can work his way back into game shape by playoff time.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:58 am    Post subject:

Pretty unfortunate that JR is in his mid 30’s really wish he was a bit younger.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:23 pm    Post subject:

I thought he was washed, but JR to his credit looked decent out there. Looks to be in great shape, still has that effortless looking stroke and was playing great defense. We needed more guards with size and he brings that, guy isn’t a chump either that will back down.

I think he could help us, if I was Vogel I’m pairing him with Lebron to see how it looks in some of the warm up games.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:57 am    Post subject:

I was wrong: if the dude defends this hard through the rest of the season, he'll be a flat out great addition because his gravity opens up the floor even more. Teams are scared of his jumper.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:39 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, he has exceeded already what I expected. This is such a great situation for a guy like him too. At his older age with so much nba mileage he gets to come after not playing for well over a year and only have to play an 8 game season. He can still go all out every game and not have to worry about killing himself through an entire season and run out of gas before seasons end. On top of that he will be playing limited minutes most of the time besides the few games (hopefully) he is on extreme fire.

Him and Dion is making Bradley's dismissal much easier to stomach. I think both of these guys are clearly not fully in sync with anybody yet as well which has showed several times but that will only get much better with more games under there belt.
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:05 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
Yeah, he has exceeded already what I expected. This is such a great situation for a guy like him too. At his older age with so much nba mileage he gets to come after not playing for well over a year and only have to play an 8 game season. He can still go all out every game and not have to worry about killing himself through an entire season and run out of gas before seasons end. On top of that he will be playing limited minutes most of the time besides the few games (hopefully) he is on extreme fire.

Him and Dion is making Bradley's dismissal much easier to stomach. I think both of these guys are clearly not fully in sync with anybody yet as well which has showed several times but that will only get much better with more games under there belt.

Yeah repetition and staying focused for both JR and Dion will make them that more much valuable to our bench rotation. Rondo returning can botch it up though but we'll worry about that bridge when we cross it.
poppies
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:45 pm    Post subject:

MookieBetts50 wrote:
hype wrote:

Yeah repetition and staying focused for both JR and Dion will make them that more much valuable to our bench rotation. Rondo returning can botch it up though but we'll worry about that bridge when we cross it.

I had allowed myself to forget that Rondo will eventually return, and I found myself having a visceral "ugh" reaction when I read this post. The guy can really be amazing, but he's just so primarily draining on the team I almost hope he decides to rest his hand extra long.
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:32 pm    Post subject:

poppies wrote:
MookieBetts50 wrote:
hype wrote:

I had allowed myself to forget that Rondo will eventually return, and I found myself having a visceral "ugh" reaction when I read this post. The guy can really be amazing, but he's just so primarily draining on the team I almost hope he decides to rest his hand extra long.

Abosolutly and then Avery misses being with the guys and decides to return by the WCF.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:54 pm    Post subject:

J- Swish seems to be getting his rhythm and his stroke back.

20 points, 6 rebounds (6-7 from deep!)
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:30 pm    Post subject:

Didn’t see the game but I just saw his highlights vs the Wizards and boy his 3pt shot is pure, just a very nice signing by the FO.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:55 pm    Post subject:

One thing is for sure he is not going to be scared of the moment. He has made countless playoff/finals threes. Kuz is young and can hit open 3's in practice, but there is different nerves when the game matters. And then there are different nerves when a title run is on the line.

When the game is on the line and Lebron needs shooters around him and AD it wouldn't be shocking if Danny and JR are the ones he trusts the most.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11
Jump to: