OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4610, 4611, 4612 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chick's Magic Johnson
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:29 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Quote:
Stefan Bondy
@SBondyNYDN
Jason Kidd now a frontrunner for Knicks coach as search turns messy: source

good luck Kidd

who can we hire as his replacement? other then fitzdale

The Giannis thing has to be strong at this point.

Only other thing I can think of is Thibodeau is pushing for compensation and power that they don’t want to hand to him.

What do you mean by he Giannis thing? Do people think the Knicks are pursuing J-Kidd because Giannis would play for him?

A lot of people think Kidd still holds sway over Giannis, but it's kinda sill. If Kidd could deliver Giannis, some team would give him a 5/60 deal.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:31 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
I’m guessing we can’t afford to pay Dion, Morris, or Dwight. We’ll see what moves we decide to make. Kuz is up for an extension too, which he won’t get from us.

I can see Clarkson and JR back here, although Clarkson might be looking for a final big payday.

Disagree @ bold. Kuz is the guy that the FO has decided to love. Barring some sort of scandal or outrageous salary demand, he'll get his extension.

Hopefully his game will justify it, as well.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:31 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
I’m guessing we can’t afford to pay Dion, Morris, or Dwight. We’ll see what moves we decide to make. Kuz is up for an extension too, which he won’t get from us.

I can see Clarkson and JR back here, although Clarkson might be looking for a final big payday.

who is paying waiters after the plane story? he is coming back for minimum. Howard too

dont know about morris
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:33 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

A) I'd love Clarkson here at the MLE and B) He's not even in the 2nd half of his career... why would this be him final big payday?

Clarkson is 28. Most guards peter out at 31/32.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:19 pm    Post subject:

I know there is Laker hate in the Bay Area, but thought this video was good to get a sense of it from a Warriors perspective.

Anything can happen with free agency, trades, cap and injuries but they definitely see similarities with the Clippers ascension and their own. It’s all about ownership and they seem to think Ballmer could run this league like their owners did.

I hate that they got West, it basically got Ballmer credibility among the players.

King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:33 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

who is paying waiters after the plane story? he is coming back for minimum. Howard too

dont know about morris

I agree with Jesus...Waiters is minimum...Dwight minimum or a little more cuz of his age. Morris would want multiple years IMO so he's out. Also with Dwight...he loves it here...$ is not a huge issue hence he gave up the rest of his salary this year for social injustice.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:29 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
I know there is Laker hate in the Bay Area, but thought this video was good to get a sense of it from a Warriors perspective.

Anything can happen with free agency, trades, cap and injuries but they definitely see similarities with the Clippers ascension and their own. It’s all about ownership and they seem to think Ballmer could run this league like their owners did.

I hate that they got West, it basically got Ballmer credibility among the players.

i disagree. they have this and maybe next year. after that they have no future and KL/PG aging

montrez will go somewhere this summer to a team that pays him.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:57 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

i disagree. they have this and maybe next year. after that they have no future and KL/PG aging

montrez will go somewhere this summer to a team that pays him.

I think that’s one of the scenarios for sure. Kawhi may not be a full time player for the rest of his career and PG has his own issues. I took it more as they have the strong ownership in place and endless resources.

Your scenario is another possibility for sure. Just thought it was interesting to see the GSW media perspective.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:59 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

dont know about morris

I agree with Jesus...Waiters is minimum...Dwight minimum or a little more cuz of his age. Morris would want multiple years IMO so he's out. Also with Dwight...he loves it here...$ is not a huge issue hence he gave up the rest of his salary this year for social injustice.

Dwight was the minimum because he was rebuilding his career and didn't need the money.

With Dion, we'll see. If he has a great playoffs, that could create interest in him.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:23 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

dont know about morris

Dwight was the minimum because he was rebuilding his career and didn't need the money.

With Dion, we'll see. If he has a great playoffs, that could create interest in him.

Don’t think teams are gonna show interest in Dion Waiters if that’s what you were trying to say, Waiters fit here is perfect he trusts Vogel and the coaching staff and he likes playing with LeBron.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:50 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

dont know about morris

nobody is touching dion after his last year with the heat and the airplane gummy episode
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:52 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
activeverb wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

dont know about morris

nobody is touching dion after his last year with the heat and the airplane gummy episode

So we both agree Jim it’s pretty obvious that Dion likes it here and teams will know that if they go after him he might not be the same person, our coaching staff know how to control players.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:54 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

So we both agree Jim it’s pretty obvious that Dion likes it here and teams will know that if they go after him he might not be the same person, our coaching staff know how to control players.

both dion and Dwight should return for the minimum
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:13 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
activeverb wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

dont know about morris

Who knows? I am not big on predicting the future. I just try to live in the moment. Next season will take care of itself, and we'll see who's on the roster.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:40 pm    Post subject:

Might not be much roster movement

1. LeBron
2. AD (PO)
3. DG
4. KCP (PO)
5. McGee
6. Kuzma
7. Caruso
8. Bradley (PO)
9. Rondo (PO)
10. THT

11. Dwight (Free agent who desesrves return)
12. Dudley (Free Agent who might return)
13. Q.Cook (unguaranteed contract)
14. Waiters (Might play his way to a roster spot next year)
15. JR

Hopefully Rondo opts out. I dont see McGee/Bradley/KCP opting out with the market uncertainity. Bradley/Cook/1st used in a 3 for 1 trade to open roster spots.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:36 pm    Post subject:

Cook is a very good Teammate. He has a bond with LeBron and AD. Too bad he doesn’t fit in to what we are trying to do.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:39 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Cook is a very good Teammate. He has a bond with LeBron and AD. Too bad he doesn’t fit in to what we are trying to do.

If he was hitting 3's at 44%, he'd fit perfectly.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:39 pm    Post subject:

LG Cap experts. What would a Kuzma extension look like? 4 years 48m, like what Clarkson got? So we’ll have him for the next 5 years. I guess it works because Danny Green will be off the books after next season.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:42 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:

1. LeBron
2. AD (PO)
3. DG
4. KCP (PO)
5. McGee
6. Kuzma
7. Caruso
8. Bradley (PO)
9. Rondo (PO)
10. THT

15. JR

Hopefully Rondo opts out. I dont see McGee/Bradley/KCP opting out with the market uncertainity. Bradley/Cook/1st used in a 3 for 1 trade to open roster spots.

Rondo - out
Dudz - out
Cook - out
McGee - out

Got to see what Avery/ tht/ 2020 1st brings us
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:44 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

1. LeBron
2. AD (PO)
3. DG
4. KCP (PO)
5. McGee
6. Kuzma
7. Caruso
8. Bradley (PO)
9. Rondo (PO)
10. THT

15. JR

Rondo - out
Dudz - out
Cook - out
McGee - out

Why McGee out? He’s been solid in his role.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:46 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

1. LeBron
2. AD (PO)
3. DG
4. KCP (PO)
5. McGee
6. Kuzma
7. Caruso
8. Bradley (PO)
9. Rondo (PO)
10. THT

15. JR

Rondo - out
Dudz - out
Cook - out
McGee - out

I am assuming d12/cousins/ young guy as center rotation
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:30 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

1. LeBron
2. AD (PO)
3. DG
4. KCP (PO)
5. McGee
6. Kuzma
7. Caruso
8. Bradley (PO)
9. Rondo (PO)
10. THT

15. JR

Rondo - out
Dudz - out
Cook - out
McGee - out

I am assuming d12/cousins/ young guy as center rotation

McGee is not going anywhere, unless we are suffering next mid season. I’m afraid that the friendships Rondo and Cook have with the team might hinder us moving on from them. Although LeBron did okay DWade getting traded to Miami.

I’m on the fence about moving Green. He is a savvy veteran with a ton of playoff experience. He’s just not living up to his 3&D calling card.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:00 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:

I’m on the fence about moving Green. He is a savvy veteran with a ton of playoff experience. He’s just not living up to his 3&D calling card.

i am in the same boat. He will be making 15.3m and could net a guy making 20m

dont know who that guy is tough.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:10 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
LG Cap experts. What would a Kuzma extension look like? 4 years 48m, like what Clarkson got? So we’ll have him for the next 5 years. I guess it works because Danny Green will be off the books after next season.

Based on performance, you can debate whether Kuz is worth keeping around. After a surprising rookie season, he's been on a downward trend. For the past two years, he's been a below-average NBA player.. However, he and his people might still see him as a potential star.

The question is whether one team out there will see something in him to make a big offer, a la Julius Randle.

Not sure the Lakers will rush to extend him and tie up cap space. I think they'll wait to see what he does next season.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:17 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:

1. LeBron
2. AD (PO)
3. DG
4. KCP (PO)
5. McGee
6. Kuzma
7. Caruso
8. Bradley (PO)
9. Rondo (PO)
10. THT

15. JR

If I had to guess, I'd say the roster that begins next season won't be significantly different than the roster that ends this season.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4610, 4611, 4612 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 4611 of 8560
Jump to: