Dion Waiters Officially a Laker
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:36 pm    Post subject:

Waiters proving that the Cavs were right to draft him before Damian Lillard at #4.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakerfansd
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:01 am    Post subject:

I like the fact he finished at the rim at least twice today through contact. That's something I think is important in the playoffs when refs may hold their whistles.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:18 am    Post subject:

Love this pickup. He's going to punish other team's guards off the bench for us.
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:23 am    Post subject:

If he keeps playing like this there is no reason to replace him with Rondo when Rondo comes backs.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:32 am    Post subject:

That spin dribble!!!
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:37 am    Post subject:

Looks like an absolute steal for the Mighty Lakers!
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:46 am    Post subject:

Please no more rondo PLEASE!!
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:52 am    Post subject:

WOW never realized how skilled Dion was at attacking and finishing at the rim... I was BIG on us getting Rose to help our bench units out with an offensive creator but dare I say Dion is about as capable yet much better on defense? and we got him without a trade!
our "Lebron on the bench" lineup has gotten dangerous!
Caruso
Dion
Kuz
AD
Dwight
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:54 am    Post subject:

His salary for next season is all paid for by Memphis (stupid that they agreed to pay his entire next year's salary when they waived him).

I can see him coming back on a minimum (b/c he's already getting 12-13m from Memphis) and being a key contributor to this team.

And yes, please, no more Rondo. Can be an assistant coach if he wants to stay a Laker!
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:39 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
His salary for next season is all paid for by Memphis (stupid that they agreed to pay his entire next year's salary when they waived him).

I can see him coming back on a minimum (b/c he's already getting 12-13m from Memphis) and being a key contributor to this team.

And yes, please, no more Rondo. Can be an assistant coach if he wants to stay a Laker!

You know Rondo has a $2.7mil PLAYER OPTION for next year, right?

Rob gave four players (Rondo, KCP, Bradley & McGee) PLAYERS OPTIONS for next year, kinda limits what he can do in the off season as their Agents shop them around the NBA trying to get a bigger deal..
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:49 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Rob gave four players (Rondo, KCP, Bradley & McGee) PLAYERS OPTIONS for next year, kinda limits what he can do in the off season as their Agents shop them around the NBA trying to get a bigger deal..

Nothing stops the Lakers from cutting Rondo.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:05 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

That is true. But it's basically a prorated minimum. Maybe he thinks he can get more PT somewhere else. But he'll be 34/35 and we could use that roster spot for someone more productive.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:09 am    Post subject:

Guys, Dion Waiter was a high lottery pick when he came out, it’s not like this guy is showing his stuff while being a unknown he was expected to be a very good player but never really reached his full potential, I could see him finally realizing his potential because of the comfort place he is in right now, he is still fairly young.
Chick's Magic Johnson
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:51 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Guys, Dion Waiter was a high lottery pick when he came out, it’s not like this guy is showing his stuff while being a unknown he was expected to be a very good player but never really reached his full potential, I could see him finally realizing his potential because of the comfort place he is in right now, he is still fairly young.

I'm excited too, but cautiously. Let's not forget that Miami is known for strong culture and they cut Waiters earlier this year. I hope he's turned a corner and maybe this bubble is good for him, but I'm still gritting my teeth o this guy.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:26 am    Post subject:

Chick's Magic Johnson wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I'm excited too, but cautiously. Let's not forget that Miami is known for strong culture and they cut Waiters earlier this year. I hope he's turned a corner and maybe this bubble is good for him, but I'm still gritting my teeth o this guy.

Credit the coach and staff if they make Waiters into a good basketball player without the off court distractions, we have some top notch communicators on our team so I’m not worried about his past problems.
JPaulK0n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:46 am    Post subject:

Dion is fearless out there. Has a legit iso game, can score out of the pick n roll by scoring from 3 levels on the floor, and spot up from 3 as well. Lakers legit have 4 players that can go off for 20+ points in any game now with Dion on the roster to go along with Bron, AD, & Kuzma.
kevin_405
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:25 am    Post subject:

His problems were injuries , fitness management and discipline issue. however he is probably the best of all our guards
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:29 am    Post subject:

I like what Downhill Dion brings to the table. He is effective at driving into the lane for easy buckets. And he can play some defense! We may not miss Bradley if Waiters continues to earn minutes. And, oh yeah, what's his name, Rondo.
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:36 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

If some team signs him for like 6M, would he earn 12+6 or 12 where 6 is paid by MEM and the other 6 are paid by the other team?
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:37 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Love this pickup. He's going to punish other team's guards off the bench for us.

Love having a downhill guard coming in off the bench!

As we progress in the playoffs, it seems pretty clear the strategy against the Lakers will be to pack the paint (because we put so much pressure on the rim) and pressure our ball handlers (because LeBron was basically the only one). Dion gives LA a sorely needed additional ball handler and can be an offensive compliment to LeBron off ball as well.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:07 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

They're a strong culture. But it's also a suffocating one with Spo and Riley. They're a bit too spartan for some.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:08 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Love having a downhill guard coming in off the bench!

As we progress in the playoffs, it seems pretty clear the strategy against the Lakers will be to pack the paint (because we put so much pressure on the rim) and pressure our ball handlers (because LeBron was basically the only one). Dion gives LA a sorely needed additional ball handler and can be an offensive compliment to LeBron off ball as well.

I'm hoping come playoff time, AD/LBJ put teams into foul trouble early. Then Dion can get to the line as a result coming off the bench.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:09 am    Post subject:

SPO200 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

If some team signs him for like 6M, would he earn 12+6 or 12 where 6 is paid by MEM and the other 6 are paid by the other team?

Not sure if they agreed to an offset. If so, then even more reason to sign with the Lakers on a minimum type deal. I doubt a team will gamble and offer him big money. Lakers culture is strong enough to help him.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:13 am    Post subject:

so much better than rondo
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:38 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

They're a strong culture. But it's also a suffocating one with Spo and Riley. They're a bit too spartan for some.

Took the words right out of what I was gonna say but you said it, Riley is known to be tough on players and that doesn’t sit well with some players, our coaching crew are more laid back.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 24 of 28
Jump to: