The Clippers are so deep, is what they said.......
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crazylakerfan001
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:43 am    Post subject:

Is there any possibility that Avery Bradley can come back for us?

If not then I wouldnt want to use that as an excuse. Ya not having rondo, who will be back by the playoff, makes sense to use. But why do people keep bringing up Bradley as if hes going to come back?

Them not having Lou and Montrez and us not having Rondo is basically what it was.

Lou will take shots away from Kawhi and PG and will also be less efficient when taking those shots. Not having Avery to take on Lou is going to be missed because I think he could have shut down Lou. I dont think Rondo can guard Lou and our best bet is Caruso.

As for Montrez with him on the court it makes it easier for us to guard them cause he doesnt have an outside shot. As opposed to Jaymichael Green and Patrick Patterson who were stretching the floor for them.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:52 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
To take another shot on the “Great” Clippers and there 2 Superstar “LEADERS”

We all know Kawhi is not the most buddy, buddy vocal leader but imagine Lou Will was on this current Lakers squad.

Do you think Lebron and AD would let him leave the bubble to hit up a strip club to get chicken wings?!?!

A deep roster doesn’t mean squat if you can’t come together collectively. An it starts with your two leaders leading the example.

Meanwhile Kawhi is off being a introvert alien and Paul looks like he only hangs out with his BFF Reggie Jackson going fishing.

This is true. They have a lot of big personalities but none of them have leadership characteristics.

Kawhi apologists be saying then what about his time with Toronto? (Completely ignoring his poor leadership in the final years in San Antonio)

Not realizing majority if not all of the leadership came from Kyle Lowry, Marc Gasol and Serge Ibaka.
Kawhi and Pascal weren’t vocal, they just hoop.
Day
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:36 pm    Post subject:

Saw this one twitter lol

Quote:
Marcus Morris is 0-13 for 1 point in 48 minutes vs Lakers since joining the Clippers.

A lot of people wanted to trade DG and Kuz for him.
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:41 pm    Post subject:

Day wrote:
Saw this one twitter lol

Quote:
Marcus Morris is 0-13 for 1 point in 48 minutes vs Lakers since joining the Clippers.

That day was pretty wild, it almost seemed that we had lost any chance of winning the chip from what you could read here
Day
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:41 pm    Post subject:

SPO200 wrote:
Day wrote:
Saw this one twitter lol

Quote:

That day was pretty wild, it almost seemed that we had lost any chance of winning the chip from what you could read here

BUT HE AVERAGED 18 PPG ON THE KNICKS!!
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:57 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

https://twitter.com/josh2saint/status/1289268706472628224?s=21

This is why I’m not worried about the Lou/Harrell argument.

Say Lou and Harrell play, there is no chance the Clippers hold the Lakers to 103 points. Can’t have it both ways where you add offense but ignore the defensive liability.

Also, how often is PG going to play as well as he did last night? It’s also pretty much guaranteed Lou will take away some of the shots PG/Kawhi took last night.

It’s like these arguments are made in a vacuum to fit the narratives. Both teams have various variables at play.

It’s not as simple as “Lou and Harrell will make up the 2 points” silly argument.

I want us to beat the Clippers and win a chip. Just trying to be fair and objective here.

If you look at
5 man lineups: https://go.nba.com/vwq2c
4 man lineups: https://go.nba.com/1euvx
3 man lineups: https://go.nba.com/yhk7i
2 man lineups: https://go.nba.com/u2ihr
You see Lou and/or Trez are a part of alot of their good lineups.

But on your side of the argument you see looking at On/Off court Net rating. The Clips are better with Lou off the court and a little better with Trez on the court. https://go.nba.com/gt41t

So I'd say depending on Doc's coaching in a given game the Clips are better off with Lou and Trez playing.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:43 pm    Post subject:

Kikanga, I totally get where you are coming from.

I was just as concerned as you about the roster discrepancy. Ever since the March meeting, I have felt a little better about paper vs. actual game. I noticed some things that the Lakers can exploit. Make no mistake, it’s still going to come down to execution.

I just don’t think it’s as simple as “the highest scoring bench duo will be the difference.”

It’s going to go 6 or 7. The Lakers need Lebron and AD to be 2 of the top 3 players in the series and execution from the role players.

It’s going to be a pretty tight series with a couple of mistakes or missed shots swinging the games late imo.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:49 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Kikanga, I totally get where you are coming from.

I was just as concerned as you about the roster discrepancy. Ever since the March meeting, I have felt a little better about paper vs. actual game. I noticed some things that the Lakers can exploit. Make no mistake, it’s still going to come down to execution.

I just don’t think it’s as simple as “the highest scoring bench duo will be the difference.”

It’s going to go 6 or 7. The Lakers need Lebron and AD to be 2 of the top 3 players in the series and execution from the role players.

It’s going to be a pretty tight series with a couple of mistakes or missed shots swinging the games late imo.

Maybe we should wait to see if the Lakers and Clippers actually match up in a playoff series.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:18 pm    Post subject:

I think it’s pretty obvious we are talking hypothetical...
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:24 pm    Post subject:

If you don't know by now, Ballmer's media hacks will make excuses for the Clippers no matter what. They beat us in the first two meetings, and all the talk was that we don't stand a chance. We actually won the last two games (one with everyone at full health) and somehow the discussion doesn't change at all? Clippers still own us? WTF is that logic?

It's a moving bar for Lebron, just accept it. Now all of a sudden Harrell is being hailed as some sort of AD stopper and we're gonna pretend Lou didn't get played off the floor last time as Lebron hunted his ass on every possession FOH.

Having said that, Kawhi and PG are a problem. When they're on the court together, it really is a bad matchup for us. And they'll be playing more minutes in the playoffs, so there's gonna be even less room for error. We're gonna need Lebron in prime form and Kuz to bring the same two-way play to beat them, and of course AD is gonna have to dominate his matchup on offense and step up defensively against their star duo, too. Vogel can't afford any mental lapses with his rotations, either. Rondo can't play, and Dwight/Javale should not be playing meaningful minutes, as we've been much better against the Clippers in all four matchups without a true center on the floor.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:44 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
Last night

- Clippers shot 44% from 3
- Lakers shot 39% from the FIELD
- LeBron & AD were 14/38 for 50 points
- Kawhi & PG were 18/33 for 58 points
- Kawhi was a +16
- AD was a -3
- LeBron was a -4

And the Lakers still WON

https://twitter.com/josh2saint/status/1289268706472628224?s=21

This is why I’m not worried about the Lou/Harrell argument.

Say Lou and Harrell play, there is no chance the Clippers hold the Lakers to 103 points. Can’t have it both ways where you add offense but ignore the defensive liability.

Also, how often is PG going to play as well as he did last night? It’s also pretty much guaranteed Lou will take away some of the shots PG/Kawhi took last night.

It’s like these arguments are made in a vacuum to fit the narratives. Both teams have various variables at play.

It’s not as simple as “Lou and Harrell will make up the 2 points” silly argument.

The Clippers gave up more than most people know when they shipped out Harkless as well
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:45 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:

We all know Kawhi is not the most buddy, buddy vocal leader but imagine Lou Will was on this current Lakers squad.

Do you think Lebron and AD would let him leave the bubble to hit up a strip club to get chicken wings?!?!

A deep roster doesn’t mean squat if you can’t come together collectively. An it starts with your two leaders leading the example.

Meanwhile Kawhi is off being a introvert alien and Paul looks like he only hangs out with his BFF Reggie Jackson going fishing.

If Lebron and AD would try to stop him from attending a funeral he rightfully should tell them to go f themselves.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:47 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

If Lebron and AD would try to stop him from attending a funeral he rightfully should tell them to go f themselves.

Attending a funeral is perfectly fine. Hitting up a crowded strip club after, in the middle of a pandemic, without a mask, is not.

If he thinks that's fine everyone on the team can rightfully tell him to go f himself.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:21 pm    Post subject:

It's early to write the epitaph of Marcus Morris, just as it is to over celebrate the performance of Waiters.

It was absurd for the Clippers to overpay for him... it's the first questionable move I've seen them make in the last year or two... but I don't think you can count on him playing that poorly in the playoffs, in the same way you can't count on Waiters shooting 50% when he's a career 41% shooter.

Morris will play better, and Waiters will probably play slightly worse.
For me, Waiters seems like Lance... capable of getting his shot off but also inconsistent. I'm glad he's played well for us, and he certainly fills a need that Caruso cannot provide, but it's unrealistic to think at 30 years old that he's found another gear.

This was an important win for the Lakers, as it evened the season series. I think if we win the first game of a series against them, we will have a strong psychological edge... but on the flip side, if we lose... it could easily go the way of first two games.

Don't underestimate the contributions of Harrell and Lou... Especially Harrell.
This season it finally seems Lou might finally be on the decline, but he's still just a point or two below his career shooting percentage so it's not like he's done.

I think we have a 50/50 chance of beating them, and that's all you can ask for at this point.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:51 pm    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
It's early to write the epitaph of Marcus Morris, just as it is to over celebrate the performance of Waiters.

It was absurd for the Clippers to overpay for him... it's the first questionable move I've seen them make in the last year or two... but I don't think you can count on him playing that poorly in the playoffs, in the same way you can't count on Waiters shooting 50% when he's a career 41% shooter.

For me, Waiters seems like Lance... capable of getting his shot off but also inconsistent. I'm glad he's played well for us, and he certainly fills a need that Caruso cannot provide, but it's unrealistic to think at 30 years old that he's found another gear.

This was an important win for the Lakers, as it evened the season series. I think if we win the first game of a series against them, we will have a strong psychological edge... but on the flip side, if we lose... it could easily go the way of first two games.

This season it finally seems Lou might finally be on the decline, but he's still just a point or two below his career shooting percentage so it's not like he's done.

I think we have a 50/50 chance of beating them, and that's all you can ask for at this point.

Read my sig.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:57 pm    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
AD, the mismatch for the clippers

A couple of things

Caruso is waaaay under rated....the patience in staying with him has paid off

and

The lakers appear to have been very smart with their late season additions......they found some players
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:41 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
BILBJH wrote:

Read my sig.

Believe what you want. If you had asked me what I thought at the beginning of the season, I would have said much worse.

I think a 50/50 shot at the title is pretty good and hardly trolling.
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: The Clippers are so deep, is what they said.......

activeverb wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
.....then when they lose, its all about who didn't play. Really.....

That's when your depth is suppose come into play! That's what depth is suppose to be about! Next man up! That's been the Lakers mantra all season! The Lakers lost Avery Bradly.... Next man up. Rondo got hurt....next man up!

Now everybody on TV want to make excuses for the Clippers? OK well....

Were Trez and Lou there in March......who won?

The Lakers have had a double digit lead in all 4 games this season, yet, the narrative that the media keeps pushing is "The Clippers are so much better than the Lakers".

The first 2 games, even with Lou and Trez, we were not able to finish the job. The last 2 games..... we did!

And realistically, The Lakers didn't really need last nights game. They pretty much have the west locked up. The Clippers needed this game. With this loss, The Nuggets are only 1 game behind them.

It's good to win, but I'm not getting worked up analyzing what it means.

If history has told us anything, it's told us that regular reason games in late July and early August are not predictive of what will happen in the playoffs.

I think people were in such a hurry to post they missed this gem. Well done.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:02 am    Post subject:

Montrez is a great player no question. But I will never understand all the fame for Lou. I get it, he is great for scoring and getting to the FT line but on the other hand is is probably one of the worst defensive players in entire league. Its so easy to score and you basically playing 5 on 4 when he is on the floor. He will maybe score 15 but how many points you will score because he is trying to defend someone? Probably even double than what he will score. I am not afraid of him or the Clippers.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: