Dion Waiters Officially a Laker
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:30 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
so much better than rondo

It's like saying that your only qualifications for your future wife is...she has to be a living female. Pretty low bar.
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:33 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:

It's like saying that your only qualifications for your future wife is...she has to be a living female. Pretty low bar.

People were crying over here 2 weeks ago with Rondo's injury. Bless in disguise, I'm afraid that Vogel puts Rondo back in rotation when he returns.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:50 pm    Post subject:

SPO200 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:

People were crying over here 2 weeks ago with Rondo's injury. Bless in disguise, I'm afraid that Vogel puts Rondo back in rotation when he returns.

I doubt it. He'll be too behind the 8 ball if AC/Dion continue killing it like they did yesterday. Rondo is a former great player. But he's 34 and just doesn't have it anymore.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:01 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
SPO200 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:

I doubt it. He'll be too behind the 8 ball if AC/Dion continue killing it like they did yesterday. Rondo is a former great player. But he's 34 and just doesn't have it anymore.

Plus, Rondo won't have played competitive basketball for five months. No way he just gets thrown into the WCF. Maybe he is keeping his cardio up, but it takes time to get basketball rhythm. The rest of the team will have had training camp, scrimmages, seeding games and playoff games.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:13 pm    Post subject:

what's the purpose of having Green out there? besides the spot up 3s, dude can't do anything right, can't dribble, can't pass, fouls way too much. as a guy with reputation as a good defender, PG13 was having a field day out there with no resistance.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:26 pm    Post subject:

So far so good for Dion. AC makes things happen on defense, Dion makes things happen on offense. I'm starting to feel real good about this. Keep it up DD.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:35 pm    Post subject:

Like what we're seeing from Dion and Caruso.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:38 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
His salary for next season is all paid for by Memphis (stupid that they agreed to pay his entire next year's salary when they waived him).

I can see him coming back on a minimum (b/c he's already getting 12-13m from Memphis) and being a key contributor to this team.

And yes, please, no more Rondo. Can be an assistant coach if he wants to stay a Laker!

You know Rondo has a $2.7mil PLAYER OPTION for next year, right?

Rob gave four players (Rondo, KCP, Bradley & McGee) PLAYERS OPTIONS for next year, kinda limits what he can do in the off season as their Agents shop them around the NBA trying to get a bigger deal..

That gives him 4 manageable expiring contracts to put in trades.
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:03 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/pickuphoop/status/1288151445498466309?s=19
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:08 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
what's the purpose of having Green out there? besides the spot up 3s, dude can't do anything right, can't dribble, can't pass, fouls way too much. as a guy with reputation as a good defender, PG13 was having a field day out there with no resistance.

Reputation is maybe there but actual defense is actually quite bad. I didnt see him except maybe few times that he played and consistent defense. If Bradley is there I would put him out of rotation easily. But at this moment we dont have a choice really. Just cut Greens minutes. Waiter is the same defensively but much better offensively.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:50 am    Post subject:

As long as he keeps making layups, I'm happy.
๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’› ๐Ÿ† ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ– #18!!!
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:54 am    Post subject:

#1 seed in the WC is all but locked up. Any chance Dion replaces Green for a few games with the starters? I wanna see him with Bron and AD a little more.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:03 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:

As odd as it seems. Green is still a "plus" player. His defense is certainly not elite anymore, but the hope is that he can tick his 3-pt% back up (at least during the playoffs).
markjay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:18 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:

Clippers are a tough matchup for Green, but I doubt if he gets cut from the starting lineup. But his minutes could dwindle. AC and Kuz already played more minutes than him first game back and Waiters was pretty close.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:21 am    Post subject:

Texas_Pete wrote:
#1 seed in the WC is all but locked up. Any chance Dion replaces Green for a few games with the starters? I wanna see him with Bron and AD a little more.

I would prefer Waiters remain coming off the bench.

He gives the Lakers an iso ball handler when James is on the bench. And defensively I prefer him playing against other bench players.

I continue to hope he keeps developing some consistency on both ends. He is new to the team after a long layoff. Right now he is just as likely to miss a rotation or take a wild shot as he is to make the right play.

Lakers are still need to develop better team chemistry over individual efforts from the role players to win it all.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:24 am    Post subject:

LAL shot mostly miserably behind the arc before kicking it up to a subpar 30% for the game.

Being able just to be net neutral when the bench is in, allows the opportunity for LAL to win.

In this particular case, the right lineup around LBJ or AD when they were alternating PT, helped LAL to stay the course all game.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:06 am    Post subject:

i would like to see him in the starting 1 spot once the #1 seed is clinched.

He can pass the ball to AD and give lebron rest with ball handling
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:24 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

As odd as it seems. Green is still a "plus" player. His defense is certainly not elite anymore, but the hope is that he can tick his 3-pt% back up (at least during the playoffs).

His 3 point percentage is on par for the past 3-4 seasons minus last seasonโ€™s obvious outlier. 33-35% is his recent normal.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:24 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:

I do not understand this line of reasoning. James is the best passer and decision maker, why take the ball out of his hands? James can't pass to AD?

When James goes to the bench is when they need another ballhandler with the ability to get to the basket, as in Waiters. Since the Lakers really don't have anyone else capable of playing that role.

Rest time is over. In a couple weeks the playoffs start and James will be needed to play the role he was brought in to play. Team leader. He will need to play extended mpg and be dominant with this roster. Not resting off ball.

If Waiters can keep under control and hit some shots while James is on the bench then a good signing. With the way Vogel has been staggering mins by James and Davis, doesn't it make sense to have Waiters come in when James goes to the bench to "pass to AD"?
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:24 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

I do not understand this line of reasoning. James is the best passer and decision maker, why take the ball out of his hands? James can't pass to AD?

When James goes to the bench is when they need another ballhandler with the ability to get to the basket, as in Waiters. Since the Lakers really don't have anyone else capable of playing that role.

Rest time is over. In a couple weeks the playoffs start and James will be needed to play the role he was brought in to play. Team leader. He will need to play extended mpg and be dominant with this roster. Not resting off ball.

If Waiters can keep under control and hit some shots while James is on the bench then a good signing. With the way Vogel has been staggering mins by James and Davis, doesn't it make sense to have Waiters come in when James goes to the bench to "pass to AD"?

did you not read my 1st line? the last 5 games are for fine tuning and not to burn out lebron.

Having another ball handler will help lebron. Green/KCP/Mcgee provide no ball handling skills.

Waiters does. whats the problem here in trying?
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:15 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

did you not read my 1st line? the last 5 games are for fine tuning and not to burn out lebron.

Having another ball handler will help lebron. Green/KCP/Mcgee provide no ball handling skills.

Waiters does. whats the problem here in trying?

My confusion remains after re-reading. Why put Waiters in the starting lineup?

Lakers need to regain the focus and chemistry they had in March. Not "try new things" with the starting five IMO.

I prefer they keep their playoff rotation intact. Play hard for a half and then let Waiters build chemistry with the second or third unit players as James and AD sit the second half.

Just my belief that James is James, he is not an off ball player. He is a playmaker that needs the ball in his hands. Any mins on the floor should be with starting unit and main rotation players in a "playoff mode" intensity.

JMO, not trying to be provocative but I truly do not see Waiters as a starter, especially on this James led roster. Waiters is a role player off the bench that also needs the ball in his hands to be effective. I hope he can tighten up his game and be a vauable spark off the bench for 10-15mpg.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:35 pm    Post subject:

Lakers need to regain the focus and chemistry they had in March. Not "try new things" with the starting five IMO. .

Well, the guy who was our starting point guard in March is sitting out the bubble, so we have to try something new.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:48 pm    Post subject:

bubble
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:48 pm    Post subject:

CHEESE
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:20 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:

Lakers need to regain the focus and chemistry they had in March. Not "try new things" with the starting five IMO. .

Well, the guy who was our starting point guard in March is sitting out the bubble, so we have to try something new.

Bradley was never the ball handler or playmaker. His strength and role was high energy defense in the starting lineup.

James was and is the PG and playmaker on this team. Kind of why he averaged 10 assts per game and Bradley 1.3 assists.

Just for arguments sake, on a Shaq and Kobe team, would you have started J.R Rider to take the ball out of Kobe's hands?

The way this season has gone, I should just keep my mouth shut because Waiters will likely be in the starting lineup tonight.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 25 of 28
Jump to: