OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4616, 4617, 4618 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:15 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
2024 Plan = Devin Booker.

And he'll only be 26 at that time. Wished we had traded down and drafted Devin Booker, what a steal. Kid is unconscious! Didn't matter if he was being guarded by Kawhi or PG, he roasted them last night and hit a game winner against both. He has that Kobe no fear going for him.

He'd be in a different uniform regardless.

Yeah Lakers would've probably taken Mudiay.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:18 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
2024 Plan = Devin Booker.

And he'll only be 26 at that time. Wished we had traded down and drafted Devin Booker, what a steal. Kid is unconscious! Didn't matter if he was being guarded by Kawhi or PG, he roasted them last night and hit a game winner against both. He has that Kobe no fear going for him.

He'd be in a different uniform regardless.

Yeah Lakers would've probably taken Mudiay.

I think Magic would've traded him to get Lebron and PG13.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:21 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Keep an eye on Spencer Dinwiddie. I think he may be in play for the Lakers. Would be an interesting wing shot creator for the team.

What are the Lakers trading for him?

We may have a bunch of expiring deals if guys like KCP/Jav/Bradley opt in, plus Danny Green, and a 1st. It may not be great but if Spence is indicating that he will opt in 2021 and wants to head this direction, who knows.

A 2027 1st? Or their 2020 1st at #29 in a weak draft?

The Lakers still don't have any assets to package with expiring salary unless a team loves Kuzma/Caruso/THT.

Spencer has an opt out next summer. I doubt anybody pays a 1st for him

heck i would ask spencer + bonga for 2020 1st and expirer

I could see the Suns drop a 1st in a heartbeat for Dinwiddie.

all deals are off if Spencer pulls the "ill sign only with lakers " card
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:44 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Keep an eye on Spencer Dinwiddie. I think he may be in play for the Lakers. Would be an interesting wing shot creator for the team.

What are the Lakers trading for him?

We may have a bunch of expiring deals if guys like KCP/Jav/Bradley opt in, plus Danny Green, and a 1st. It may not be great but if Spence is indicating that he will opt in 2021 and wants to head this direction, who knows.

A 2027 1st? Or their 2020 1st at #29 in a weak draft?

The Lakers still don't have any assets to package with expiring salary unless a team loves Kuzma/Caruso/THT.

Spencer has an opt out next summer. I doubt anybody pays a 1st for him

heck i would ask spencer + bonga for 2020 1st and expirer

I could see the Suns drop a 1st in a heartbeat for Dinwiddie.

all deals are off if Spencer pulls the "ill sign only with lakers " card

I guess so, but why would we think that would happen?

And tbh, I don't get Dinwiddie as a long-term option unless Lebron is still going at an All-NBA 1st team level at age 41-42. Dinwiddie would be a great value boost as a second initiator for the next couple of championship hunting seasons, but once Lebron fades or hangs 'em up, Dinwiddie becomes a potential impediment to adding a true star alongside AD. I guess you could always trade him if his next contract is reasonable enough.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:44 pm    Post subject:

And tbh, I don't get Dinwiddie as a long-term option unless Lebron is still going at an All-NBA 1st team level at age 41-42. Dinwiddie would be a great value boost as a second initiator for the next couple of championship hunting seasons, but once Lebron fades or hangs 'em up, Dinwiddie becomes a potential impediment to adding a true star alongside AD. I guess you could always trade him if his next contract is reasonable enough.

honestly I am not a spencer guy. i prefer Caris Levert who is most definitely getting traded in a beal deal.

i have my eyes on him more then Spencer
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:04 pm    Post subject:

Don't like Spencer at his market. He's a bench guard with starter/star ambitions. Rather pay closer to the minimum for Waiters.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:00 pm    Post subject:

Masai ok to do d green/filler/1st for FRed VanVleet?
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:13 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Slim chance but guys I'd love to see with the MLE:

Paul Millsap
Aron Baynes (prob gets 10-15)
Marc Gasol
Malik Beasley (prob 10-18)
Dario Saric (15-20), unsure if PHX pays offer sheet

Prospects:
Sterling Brown
John Konchar

Wesley Matthews
Mo Harkless

My MLE targets-Dragic/Clarkson

S&T Targets-(Exp k/1st/Cash to cover contract)-Gallo/Ibaka/Millsap/Gasol/Baynes

Bi Annual Excepetion-Mo Harkless/Crowder

Prospects-Josh Jackson, Dragan Bender, Harry Giles, Korkmaz, Okafor

Konchar would be great but doubtful Memphis will let him go since he will be restricted.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:15 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

Paul Millsap
Marc Gasol

Prospects:
Sterling Brown
John Konchar

Wesley Matthews
Mo Harkless

Konchar would be great but doubtful Memphis will let him go since he will be restricted.

Agree with that list as we've discussed before but I think Kormaz gets paid.

I also wonder if there's a way to get CP3 via trade but not sure Rob wants to give up the 2021 Giannis dream.

But all that said, we need an attacking/scoring/probing guard in that starting 5. LeBron's isn't blowing by guys the way he used to and right now he's the only perimeter guy who can do that outside of maybe Caruso. I like Dragic but for the above reason I think he might not make the best choice-- plus he's now a weak defender himself.

This offseason will be crazy. Tons of teams will be wanting to shed salary and picks so hopefully we can get in on the action... I mean last year TJ Warren and Baynes were salary dumps.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:34 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

Paul Millsap
Marc Gasol

Prospects:
Sterling Brown
John Konchar

Wesley Matthews
Mo Harkless

Agree with that list as we've discussed before but I think Kormaz gets paid.

I also wonder if there's a way to get CP3 via trade but not sure Rob wants to give up the 2021 Giannis dream.

But all that said, we need an attacking/scoring/probing guard in that starting 5. LeBron's isn't blowing by guys the way he used to and right now he's the only perimeter guy who can do that outside of maybe Caruso. I like Dragic but for the above reason I think he might not make the best choice-- plus he's now a weak defender himself.

This offseason will be crazy. Tons of teams will be wanting to shed salary and picks so hopefully we can get in on the action... I mean last year TJ Warren and Baynes were salary dumps.

TJ + 2 2nd rds(35th pick in last years draft) was traded for cash.

now imagine the situation with no fans next year and how many teams will be sellers
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:44 am    Post subject:

Bear in mind, Lakers aren't exactly cash cows outside of NBA related revenues. They asked execs to take a paycut and even applied for a PPP loan.

We may also not be eager to overspend as well. We don't have the same deep pockets as Ballmer.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:48 am    Post subject:

It takes cap space and/or draft picks to be buyers. We really don’t have either, with our player options I would expect a similar roster next season.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:53 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Bear in mind, Lakers aren't exactly cash cows outside of NBA related revenues. They asked execs to take a paycut and even applied for a PPP loan.

We may also not be eager to overspend as well. We don't have the same deep pockets as Ballmer.

Well, yeah. There are three tiers of NBA owners (roughly speaking). There are the handful of super-rich "I don't give a flip" owners (I'm not just talking about billionaires -- I'm talking about multi-billionaires with nothing else to do with their time). There are the handful of legitimate cheapskates (I'm not talking about the owners who don't spend as much as their fans would like, but rather the handful who are genuinely cheap). Then there is the mass of owners in the middle. We used to have a big advantage here, but that's smaller now due to revenue sharing and the punitive luxury tax. We can still outspend a lot of teams, but we can't go on a luxury tax binge like the Warriors.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:54 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
It takes cap space and/or draft picks to be buyers. We really don’t have either, with our player options I would expect a similar roster next season.

Assets/means to acquire players:

-We will have a bunch of expiring deals, especially if guys opt in.
-2020 1st (will be a 29th pick most likely).
-IIRC we can technically offer our 2027 1st after the draft.
-If everyone opts in, and we are over the cap, we would have the full MLE, which is subject to change as we don't know what the cap will be next season.

It ain't great but we have some tools. Key is to opportunistically find hidden value. Do people remember what we traded for guys like Ariza, even Shannon Brown? Those moves around the margin could help.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:58 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

Same. Unless Pelinka can sucker someone into overvaluing someone like Green, or into believing that the 29th or 30th pick in the draft is spun from pure gold, we have minimal ability to upgrade the roster. We're more likely to be fishing for ring chasers, but our attractiveness to ring chasers will depend on how we do in the playoffs.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:19 am    Post subject:

Out of all the former Lakers players which 1’s would you like to see come back next season?

Jordan Clarkson
Larry Nance Jr
Julius Randle
Brandon Ingram
Lonzo Ball
Lou Williams
Ivica Zubac
Josh Hart

Last edited by Inspector Gadget on Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:24 am; edited 2 times in total
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:19 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

teams wanting to win like Dallas Mavericks will want to have a guy like D Green.

specially if THJ opts out and signs somewhere
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:22 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Out of all the former Lakers players which 1’s would you like to see come back next season?

Jordan Clarkson
Larry Nance Jr
Julius Randle
Brandon Ingram
Lonzo Ball
Lou Williams
Ivica Zubac

BI
Zo

i hate Josh Hart
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:24 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Jordan Clarkson
Larry Nance Jr
Julius Randle
Brandon Ingram
Lonzo Ball
Lou Williams
Ivica Zubac

BI
Zo

i hate Josh Hart

Thanks for mentioning Josh Hart, I totally forgot about him haha
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:58 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Same. Unless Pelinka can sucker someone into overvaluing someone like Green, or into believing that the 29th or 30th pick in the draft is spun from pure gold, we have minimal ability to upgrade the roster. We're more likely to be fishing for ring chasers, but our attractiveness to ring chasers will depend on how we do in the playoffs.

I agree there is a lot riding on this playoff run. Much of it not being discussed.

Lakers need a deep competitive run to entice those invaluable cost effective “ring chasers” to make much needed tweeks and fill out the roster for next year. Perception is a marketing tool in its own right.

But what also needs to be considered is Davis re-signing. Most assume it is a done deal. If this playoff run is not successful or if James can’t prove to be the dominant player they need him to be it opens up the door for Davis to look elsewhere.

Again perception. If the Laker roster falters, no significant changes can be made and James shows some vulnerability and decline... why wouldn’t Davis take a serious look at other options?

This playoff run has far more implications then just #17.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:02 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

I agree there is a lot riding on this playoff run. Much of it not being discussed.

Lakers need a deep competitive run to entice those invaluable cost effective “ring chasers” to make much needed tweeks and fill out the roster for next year. Perception is a marketing tool in its own right.

But what also needs to be considered is Davis re-signing. Most assume it is a done deal. If this playoff run is not successful or if James can’t prove to be the dominant player they need him to be it opens up the door for Davis to look elsewhere.

Again perception. If the Laker roster falters, no significant changes can be made and James shows some vulnerability and decline... why wouldn’t Davis take a serious look at other options?

This playoff run has far more implications then just #17.

That's the nuclear winter scenario. Barring a major surprise, we'd be out of contention and back in the lottery (if the pick doesn't get swapped to the Pelicans) for the good part of a decade. I try not to think about it very much. I just hope that Pelinka has sold Davis on more than just playing with Lebron.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:14 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

Paul Millsap
Marc Gasol

Prospects:
Sterling Brown
John Konchar

Wesley Matthews
Mo Harkless

I can't see how JC and Dragic are realistic targets. JC is probably going to enter the best contract of his life. Dragic, his last big payday.

I'm out on Bender, Korkmaz, Okafor.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:36 am    Post subject:

ARIZA.... but seriously...
KBandKB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:40 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

Paul Millsap
Marc Gasol

Prospects:
Sterling Brown
John Konchar

Wesley Matthews
Mo Harkless

I can't see how JC and Dragic are realistic targets. JC is probably going to enter the best contract of his life. Dragic, his last big payday.

I'm out on Bender, Korkmaz, Okafor.

Yeah I doubt that JC and Dragic will accept a low 8ish mil. The only hope is that Dragic is 34 now and wants to ring chase in his last couple seasons.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:39 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
ARIZA.... but seriously...

Not funny!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4616, 4617, 4618 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 4617 of 8560
Jump to: