Has this Lakers team developed the lightswitch mentality?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:04 am    Post subject:

The Lakers I've seen in the last two games give me cause to worry. They have no energy, chemistry or secondary leadership.

Without LBJ they're a ship without a rudder. His groin injury is also cause to worry. I've had a groin injury it does't heal overnight. It's a injury that only time and rest can heal.

Hate to be gloom and doom but it doesn't look good right now.

Bright spot we have the #1 seed in the basket so until the playoffs we don't have to go all out.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:06 am    Post subject:

We clinched our seeding 2 games ago.

It's clear the team took its foot off the pedal. If we go balls to the walls in essentially meaningless games now, you risk what happened to guys like Ben Simmons. Let our bench guys play, and let our starters go at max 12 minutes per half. Think big picture.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:26 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

It's clear the team took its foot off the pedal. If we go balls to the walls in essentially meaningless games now, you risk what happened to guys like Ben Simmons. Let our bench guys play, and let our starters go at max 12 minutes per half. Think big picture.

I understand where you're coming from. I've said in the past now is the time to see how deep we are, see who can be the go to off the bench? My concern is do we have the players able to flip the switch? I know LBJ can but who else?

AD's fragility is a concern. I don't know if fragile is the right way to explain his injuries because they're mostly accidental but they happen with such frequency. Green, Caldwell-Pope, J R Smith, Kuzma and Waiters are inconsistent. One or all of these have to do what they were signed to do.

We're shaky right now. Let's see what the playoffs bring.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:56 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

My gut feeling is you are correct. Just the shooting is a concern.

I’m also uncomfortable with how things have looked with JR and to a lesser extent Waiters. They don’t really need JR, but it’s important they get “good” Waiters. To his credit, he’s been texting with Rondo about the offense.
statyin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:15 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

It's not about taking foot off the pedal, it's how we make good use of the remaining games to get ourselves ready for the playoff, it's also about figuring out how to integrate new joiners like Waiters and JR into the team. I see none of that on the court. Guys are playing however they want to and its a complete mess.

Seriously if they gonna play like that they may as well rest AD and Kuz, there's no point to have them on the court. And if we gonna play like this, we arent getting past second round in the playoffs
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:24 am    Post subject:

I put some blame on Vogel. Coaches have to be able to get the best from their players. There's no chemistry. These guys are sleep walking. Need some Phil mind games here.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: