OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4617, 4618, 4619 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Palin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:42 am    Post subject:

Due to pandemic cap will go down so it will be impossible to sign Giannis unless Lebron retires. I never thought Giannis would join Lebron anyway. If Lebron gonna stay beyond 2021 and if there isn't a good alternative FA then we should go all in this summer. Use MLE with multiple years and trade Green etc.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:57 am    Post subject:

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/259075/Pelicans-To-Consider-Ty-Lue-Jason-Kidd-If-Alvin-Gentry-Isnt-Retained

Anyone willing to give Gentry a role on the bench if he gets fired? If Jason Kidd gets the Pelicans job maybe Gentry would come here to replace him on the staff.
KBandKB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:28 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/259075/Pelicans-To-Consider-Ty-Lue-Jason-Kidd-If-Alvin-Gentry-Isnt-Retained

Anyone willing to give Gentry a role on the bench if he gets fired? If Jason Kidd gets the Pelicans job maybe Gentry would come here to replace him on the staff.

Wouldn’t hurt at all. He’s offensive minded and has coached along side great offensive coaches like Kerr and D’Antoni. As long as he doesn’t touch our defense, he’ll be a good addition
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:31 am    Post subject:

KBandKB wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Wouldn’t hurt at all. He’s offensive minded and has coached along side great offensive coaches like Kerr and D’Antoni. As long as he doesn’t touch our defense, he’ll be a good addition

I agree, he would give our offense a big boost something that we surely need because our offense is bad right now.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:33 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

No, we need to look forward, not back. That being said, Pelinka will probably pursue Gentry.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:15 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

His offense would help us if we still had the young core. We do not, so his brand of offense doesn't do much for us and it doesn't fit into the style of basketball LeBron wants to play.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:16 pm    Post subject:

Not sure what our cap situation was like when Kawhi decided to go to the Clippers but I really wish we didn’t waste our time with him and instead prioritized Malcom Brogdon In FA because the dude is a stud.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:30 pm    Post subject:

A Kidd for Gentry swap would be magical. Kidd needs to go. He's the one who has designed this subpar offense that Vogel is stuck with. Gentry would be so clutch. If Lue gets the NOLA job, I'd imagine that Doc would swoop in pretty swiftly, though. That would suck.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:54 am    Post subject:

luka doncic is the player who I would want on my team.
Is it safe to call him a top 10 talent in the league now? I think so.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:07 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
A Kidd for Gentry swap would be magical. Kidd needs to go. He's the one who has designed this subpar offense that Vogel is stuck with. Gentry would be so clutch. If Lue gets the NOLA job, I'd imagine that Doc would swoop in pretty swiftly, though. That would suck.

Out of 16 seasons head coaching. Gentry has had a winning record 5 times. But maybe he'd be a good assistant. I dunno.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:26 am    Post subject:

I would love to make a run at Myles Turner. He would be a perfect compliment with AD on both sides of the court.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:50 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
I would love to make a run at Myles Turner. He would be a perfect compliment with AD on both sides of the court.

Do we really need 2 bigs in a perimeter league?
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:07 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:

He's definitely a top 10 player. Only 21 years old.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:42 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

It's not about having two bigs. It's about what kind of bigs they are. Theoretically, Turner and AD could be a dynamic pairing.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:08 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

It's not about having two bigs. It's about what kind of bigs they are. Theoretically, Turner and AD could be a dynamic pairing.

Agree to a point, Indy won't trade with us tough

How admit Lauri M from Chicago? His value is not high thanks to injuries and their coach
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:36 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:

Easily. Who's better right now?

Giannis
Lebron
Harden
KD
Curry
Kawhi?

After that I have the AD/Jokic/Embiid/Lillard tier and I think Luka is arguably better than all those guys now at age 21.
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:46 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

We already had a Turner type in T. Bryant...blame idiot Magic for cutting him.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:05 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

I don't think Turner is necessary. The great thing about having a power forward like Davis, who could block shots is a high level, is the fact that you don't need a shot-blocking center. We could go out and find the best possible stretch 5 to pair with AD, and not have to worry about whether the guy is a shot blocker or not. Mo Wagner would have been a good candidate for this, but unfortunately, we traded him.
KBandKB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:39 am    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
Judah wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

I don't think Turner is necessary. The great thing about having a power forward like Davis, who could block shots is a high level, is the fact that you don't need a shot-blocking center. We could go out and find the best possible stretch 5 to pair with AD, and not have to worry about whether the guy is a shot blocker or not. Mo Wagner would have been a good candidate for this, but unfortunately, we traded him.

Myles Turner is actually a great stretch 5 to put next to AD. He's a great defender, shoots around 35% in threes, young, and has athletic ability to match that of Javale's
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:08 pm    Post subject:

What do we have to trade for Turner? We are too asset stripped.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:39 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:

Indy won't trade with us anyways.

Turner making around 17m should be easy to get with shrinking cap and no fans
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:00 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

Indy won't trade with us anyways.

Turner making around 17m should be easy to get with shrinking cap and no fans

Yeah not sure why you guys are talking about trading for Myles Turner, the Pacers don’t like trading with us, a more realistic target is Fred VanVleet, the Lakers can sell on by telling the Raptors FO that he is a better fit with there team and also get his championship ring while he is with the Raptors.
ahaider
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:06 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

Giannis
Lebron
Harden
KD
Curry
Kawhi?

After that I have the AD/Jokic/Embiid/Lillard tier and I think Luka is arguably better than all those guys now at age 21.

I don't think Doncic is better than AD - AD does so much defensively for your team. He can switch on to anyone, rebound at a high clip & score against bigs in each way (post, mid 3). Doncic is for sure right behind him in my eyes to conplete the superstar rankings. AD's versatility is what gives him the edge - he's a rarer commodity from a big standpoint. Not really any bigs in his league.

"The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter." - Malcom Gladwell
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:26 pm    Post subject:

ahaider wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

Giannis
Lebron
Harden
KD
Curry
Kawhi?

I don't think Doncic is better than AD - AD does so much defensively for your team. He can switch on to anyone, rebound at a high clip & score against bigs in each way (post, mid 3). Doncic is for sure right behind him in my eyes to conplete the superstar rankings. AD's versatility is what gives him the edge - he's a rarer commodity from a big standpoint. Not really any bigs in his league.

That may be. But in all actuality... I would trade AD for Doncic so fast if we had that opportunity.

Doncic had a 21/8/6 rookie season and has had a 29/10/9 second season shooting 46% from the field despite not having a three point shot, while being a 6'7 point guard and *just* turned 21.

Luka's weaknesses are his three point shooting and his defense, and yet he still helps his team win games despite that and is a huge positive for them. So when he is still able to lead his team to victories despite those weaknesses it makes it all the scarier when or if he developed his three point shot. But again, the most important thing is despite that, he is still leading his team to victories and taken the Mavericks to a 42-30 record.

Let's look at that..

Mavericks before Doncic got there were a 24-58 Team

Then Doncic's rookie season they became a 33-49 Team

Now his second season they have become a 42-30 Team. They added Porzingis to the team to make him a 1-2 punch with Luka, and the team has leapt from 20th in Offense last year.. to 3rd in Offense this year, while Luka nearly averaging a triple double on 30 ppg.

So regardless if AD is better right now, I would trade AD for Luka without thinking twice.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:40 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
ahaider wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

Giannis
Lebron
Harden
KD
Curry
Kawhi?

That may be. But in all actuality... I would trade AD for Doncic so fast if we had that opportunity.

Doncic had a 21/8/6 rookie season and has had a 29/10/9 second season shooting 46% from the field despite not having a three point shot, while being a 6'7 point guard and *just* turned 21.

Luka's weaknesses are his three point shooting and his defense, and yet he still helps his team win games despite that and is a huge positive for them. So when he is still able to lead his team to victories despite those weaknesses it makes it all the scarier when or if he developed his three point shot. But again, the most important thing is despite that, he is still leading his team to victories and taken the Mavericks to a 42-30 record.

Let's look at that..

Mavericks before Doncic got there were a 24-58 Team

Then Doncic's rookie season they became a 33-49 Team

Now his second season they have become a 42-30 Team. They added Porzingis to the team to make him a 1-2 punch with Luka, and the team has leapt from 20th in Offense last year.. to 3rd in Offense this year, while Luka nearly averaging a triple double on 30 ppg.

So regardless if AD is better right now, I would trade AD for Luka without thinking twice.

It’s hard to disagree with you MJST but I prefer to say that I don’t mind having either Davis or Doncic on my team cause both are great.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4617, 4618, 4619 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 4618 of 8560
Jump to: