Official ANTHONY DAVIS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 943, 944, 945 ... 1423, 1424, 1425  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:11 pm    Post subject:

I don't understand why when he has TJ Warren guarding him he doesn't just abuse him on the offensive end. Watching him camp at the three point line makes me want to yell at him the way I used to yell at Gasol.

I get he doesn't want to play center, but he can do more damage on the wing, I'm glad he can hit threes, that's not where we need him though.

They played off him today and left Dwight to get the rebound 2 on 1 in the paint when Davis wasn't there, which doesn't help matters.

We'll see, but I'm seeing more or less what I saw from him when he was checked out of New Orleans. Hopefully it's just a phase and he picks it up when the playoffs arrive, but he'll need to be 100% engaged if we're going to stand a chance.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:18 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/lakersoutsiders/status/1292287066101841920?s=21

AD in the gym tonight with Lebron, Cook and JR. Good sign.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:42 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

Could have used AD in the gym at 3pm today
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:02 pm    Post subject:

Am I the only one who thinks AD is soft? Not normally a word you would use for someone this athletic...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
calistrtballr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:07 pm    Post subject:

Plays like a wuss, no testicular fortitude
KBandKB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:15 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Am I the only one who thinks AD is soft? Not normally a word you would use for someone this athletic...

He is in a sense. Pau was also considered "soft" but they're soft for different reasons. Pau actually posted people up, backed people down, used hook shots, used his left hand, etc. What Pau lacked was strength on defense and the ability to push people around.

AD on the other hand is almost the opposite. AD relies on his athleticism, hops, perimeter skillset, jump shot, and his ability to out rebound opponents.

If only Pau and AD can morph their strengths together, it would create the perfect big man.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:45 pm    Post subject:

Some of the comments in here are gonna make some great QFOS once AD turns around his play heading into the playoffs.

Anthony Davis wrote:
I definitely have to be better, and I will be.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:55 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, AD along with Lebron is the absolute least of my worries heading into the Playoffs.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:07 pm    Post subject:

AD is soft and if Kobe was playing he would have eaten him alive. Worst then Dwight.

He needs to be gone as soon as LeBron retires
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:10 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

Meh freaking pr move.

I would care 2 cents when he actually cared when the game was going on
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:45 pm    Post subject:

https://streamable.com/fj5m18

What Draymond said about Embiid applies to AD as well IMO. They're actually pretty similar in that they're 2 big men who could easily dominate inside but opts to shoot jumpers and 3's instead.

Vogel's lineups are partially at fault. AD shouldn't spend more than 2 mins a game where he's not playing the 5. IMO either Kieff or Kuz should start over Mcgee to give us another threat from outside while giving AD more room to operate nearer the basket. Every time AD shoots jumpers or roams the perimeter, he's missing opportunities to draw fouls and get putbacks/off boards.

AD can play the 4 in next regular season all he wants once we get a stretch 5.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:59 pm    Post subject:

3baller wrote:
https://streamable.com/fj5m18

What Draymond said about Embiid applies to AD as well IMO. They're actually pretty similar in that they're 2 big men who could easily dominate inside but opts to shoot jumpers and 3's instead.

Vogel's lineups are partially at fault. AD shouldn't spend more than 2 mins a game where he's not playing the 5. IMO either Kieff or Kuz should start over Mcgee to give us another threat from outside while giving AD more room to operate nearer the basket. Every time AD shoots jumpers or roams the perimeter, he's missing opportunities to draw fouls and get putbacks/off boards.

AD can play the 4 in next regular season all he wants once we get a stretch 5.

Makes sense except for the fact AD has said multiple times he does not want to play the 5 full time. When the Playoffs come along i'm sure we'll see a lot more of it and Vogel has talked about it most of the season but he also knows AD can just leave the Lakers if they don't listen which if he did what you said he'd probably already be mentally gone at this point and Vogel would have been fired when Lebron jumped in and tried to save things. You can call him soft and make all the assumptions you want but we know it's not happening in the regular season for sure.

I agree he needs to operate around the basket more but he's still far from elite in the post especially when he's not shooting well. He often times starts forcing things and makes it tougher on himself, he's way too skilled and athletic to be settling for some of the shots he takes both inside and out. For better or worse he has made it very clear he doesn't want to spend a lot of time down low and with him a free agent you have to tip toe that line as the coach and even Lebron. We're easily done for probably 5+ years if he leaves.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:19 am    Post subject:

AD isn't soft lol. He's not necessarily the fiery type, but he doesn't get pushed around, shy away from contact, or lets things get in his head. He's been in a funk, but I think it has more to do with the fact that he's seeing double teams more than he has all season, and the offense they run is too simplistic to take advantage of it. It's putting him in a tough spot.

They need to run more creative sets instead of these predictable DHO's that are followed by ISO's. Let alone just throwing him the ball on the block or at the elbows with zero movement off the ball. Run some freaking actions that are actually clever to precede where he's going to get the ball. Don't just throw it to him and watch. This simplistic, predictable offense is a big part of the problem. Their offense should have built in counters to combat his double teams but it doesn't appear that they do. It's a shame.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:13 am    Post subject:

AD has bounced back spectacularly from any patches of bad play all season, and people are still doubting him? Tbh, he's the last guy I'm worried about performing in the playoffs on this team, and that includes Lebron.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:47 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
AD isn't soft lol. He's not necessarily the fiery type, but he doesn't get pushed around, shy away from contact, or lets things get in his head. He's been in a funk, but I think it has more to do with the fact that he's seeing double teams more than he has all season, and the offense they run is too simplistic to take advantage of it. It's putting him in a tough spot.

They need to run more creative sets instead of these predictable DHO's that are followed by ISO's. Let alone just throwing him the ball on the block or at the elbows with zero movement off the ball. Run some freaking actions that are actually clever to precede where he's going to get the ball. Don't just throw it to him and watch. This simplistic, predictable offense is a big part of the problem. Their offense should have built in counters to combat his double teams but it doesn't appear that they do. It's a shame.

Exactly.

He played a poor game but that was magnified by our lack of offense. ISOing him in the 3 point line is not what I'd call a good idea
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:40 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

I don’t think he’s soft. I think he’s a perimeter big that can’t really kill you down low, similar to David Robinson.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:21 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:

AD does shy away from contact when he can, that isn’t his game. He will play from the perimeter to the paint but he isn’t the prototype post player.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:25 am    Post subject:

Extremely overrated on offense. Lakers overpaid for him.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:31 am    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:

lol
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:34 am    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:

The only good asset that the Lakers traded was Ingram. Lonzo is a bust, Hart a normal role player and the picks will most likely not be top tier players.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:40 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

I've written it before, but he's anything but soft on defense or on the boards. However, he is a finesse player on offense.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:52 am    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:

He's never been an offensive hub despite the gaudy ppg. I still think his teams are and will only ever be as good as the lead ball-handler who sets him up; thankfully Lebron is still performing at an MVP level.

Past Lebron I don't see how you build a WCF caliber roster around a maxed-out AD in his 30s. But if the Lakers win a title this season or next, Lebron winds things down gracefully as he becomes a media mogul, and the AD-led Lakers go through a few first round playoff exists while fulfilling their draft commitments to New Orleans, the AD trade will have been a great success.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:09 am    Post subject:

SPO200 wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

The only good asset that the Lakers traded was Ingram. Lonzo is a bust, Hart a normal role player and the picks will most likely not be top tier players.

It’s not about the players. It’s about the fact that it will take the Lakers essential 10 years to recover from this trade.

The trade was essentially a 2 year championship window and then 6-8 years of average (if we are lucky) teams.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:13 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

He's never been an offensive hub despite the gaudy ppg. I still think his teams are and will only ever be as good as the lead ball-handler who sets him up; thankfully Lebron is still performing at an MVP level.

Past Lebron I don't see how you build a WCF caliber roster around a maxed-out AD in his 30s. But if the Lakers win a title this season or next, Lebron winds things down gracefully as he becomes a media mogul, and the AD-led Lakers go through a few first round playoff exists while fulfilling their draft commitments to New Orleans, the AD trade will have been a great success.

spot on.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:30 am    Post subject:

Best of AD:

Last edited by KingKobe20 on Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 943, 944, 945 ... 1423, 1424, 1425  Next
Page 944 of 1425
Jump to: