OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4618, 4619, 4620 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:47 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
That may be. But in all actuality... I would trade AD for Doncic so fast if we had that opportunity.

Oh, in a heartbeat. Davis has his advantages, for sure, but Doncic is the kind of guy you could build a dynasty around in the modern NBA.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:49 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
luka doncic is the player who I would want on my team.
Is it safe to call him a top 10 talent in the league now? I think so.

I'm higher than that.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:50 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Judah wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
I would love to make a run at Myles Turner. He would be a perfect compliment with AD on both sides of the court.

Do we really need 2 bigs in a perimeter league?

It's not about having two bigs. It's about what kind of bigs they are. Theoretically, Turner and AD could be a dynamic pairing.

Agree to a point, Indy won't trade with us tough

How admit Lauri M from Chicago? His value is not high thanks to injuries and their coach

Soft.

Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:50 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

Easily. Who's better right now?

Giannis
Lebron
Harden
KD
Curry
Kawhi?

After that I have the AD/Jokic/Embiid/Lillard tier and I think Luka is arguably better than all those guys now at age 21.

Yep.

Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:51 pm    Post subject:

KBandKB wrote:
scoobs wrote:
Judah wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
I would love to make a run at Myles Turner. He would be a perfect compliment with AD on both sides of the court.

It's not about having two bigs. It's about what kind of bigs they are. Theoretically, Turner and AD could be a dynamic pairing.
I don't think Turner is necessary. The great thing about having a power forward like Davis, who could block shots is a high level, is the fact that you don't need a shot-blocking center. We could go out and find the best possible stretch 5 to pair with AD, and not have to worry about whether the guy is a shot blocker or not. Mo Wagner would have been a good candidate for this, but unfortunately, we traded him.

Myles Turner is actually a great stretch 5 to put next to AD. He's a great defender, shoots around 35% in threes, young, and has athletic ability to match that of Javale's

Also, soft, and never developed in the way that he should have. Motor is in and out and the franchise was ready to hand him the keys.

He didn't take them.

TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:57 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:

Giannis
Lebron
Harden
KD
Curry
Kawhi?

After that I have the AD/Jokic/Embiid/Lillard tier and I think Luka is arguably better than all those guys now at age 21.

And the scary thing is that Luka still has lots of upside on top of this. I feel pretty safe saying that he will be top 2 within the next three years, which would be absurd for a 24-year old.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:00 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

Giannis
Lebron
Harden
KD
Curry
Kawhi?

And the scary thing is that Luka still has lots of upside on top of this. I feel pretty safe saying that he will be top 2 within the next three years, which would be absurd for a 24-year old.

And then next in line is Cade Cunningham, but his PG skills aren't as purely refined as Luka in the halfcourt.

But he's my fav PG coming out in the next year.

lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:28 pm    Post subject:

What Draymond said???
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:34 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

Giannis
Lebron
Harden
KD
Curry
Kawhi?

And then next in line is Cade Cunningham, but his PG skills aren't as purely refined as Luka in the halfcourt.

Mike, who is the guy the lakers can promise and shut him down?

this year draft is going to be weird. no sweet 16 or anything to scout
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:37 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

Giannis
Lebron
Harden
KD
Curry
Kawhi?

Mike, who is the guy the lakers can promise and shut him down?

this year draft is going to be weird. no sweet 16 or anything to scout

that's the point. There is no shutdown for that level of player.

2021 draft is ridiculous and arguably the top 5 of next year would be the top 5 of this year.

Also, basically all scouting should be done prior to the NCAA tourney.

RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:53 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
KBandKB wrote:
scoobs wrote:
Judah wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

I don't think Turner is necessary. The great thing about having a power forward like Davis, who could block shots is a high level, is the fact that you don't need a shot-blocking center. We could go out and find the best possible stretch 5 to pair with AD, and not have to worry about whether the guy is a shot blocker or not. Mo Wagner would have been a good candidate for this, but unfortunately, we traded him.

Myles Turner is actually a great stretch 5 to put next to AD. He's a great defender, shoots around 35% in threes, young, and has athletic ability to match that of Javale's

Also, soft, and never developed in the way that he should have. Motor is in and out and the franchise was ready to hand him the keys.

He didn't take them.

Doesn't change the fact that he would be a good pairing with AD. The kid is 24. The Pacers like Sabonis more because he is a banger and plays with more physicality. Great shot blocker (one of the leagues best), good rim protector, opponents score at less of a clip when going against him (than their averages). He is also surprisingly mobile and can move off picks/screens. Very good at help defense. He boxes out on every position either though the rebounds do not show up in the stat sheet (reminds me of Brolo). Good stretch player who can hit his FT's. All in all a perfect compliment to AD.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:44 pm    Post subject:

KBandKB wrote:
scoobs wrote:
Judah wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

Yeah, but his shot blocking is a luxury. Not a neccesity. His shot blocking prowess jacks up his asking price. IMO, we would be good with a stretch 5 that could drain threes. Anything else that he does would be icing on the cake.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:53 pm    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
KBandKB wrote:
scoobs wrote:
Judah wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

He didn't take them.

Doesn't change the fact that he would be a good pairing with AD. The kid is 24. The Pacers like Sabonis more because he is a banger and plays with more physicality. Great shot blocker (one of the leagues best), good rim protector, opponents score at less of a clip when going against him (than their averages). He is also surprisingly mobile and can move off picks/screens. Very good at help defense. He boxes out on every position either though the rebounds do not show up in the stat sheet (reminds me of Brolo). Good stretch player who can hit his FT's. All in all a perfect compliment to AD.

I'm reluctant with guys with inconsistent motors.

The Pacers like Sabonis more because he actually develops every ounce of his talent.

I also disagree he's such a great pairing with AD. AD needs playmakers more than he needs 5s with range.

Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:55 pm    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
KBandKB wrote:
scoobs wrote:
Judah wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

Yeah, but his shot blocking is a luxury. Not a neccesity. His shot blocking prowess jacks up his asking price. IMO, we would be good with a stretch 5 that could drain threes. Anything else that he does would be icing on the cake.

Here's the other idea. For as much as you'd pay Myles Turner, you're likely to get a good wing/guard that may not have as much flash, but would be a more effective player as a Laker just by archetype alone.

5s are replaceable and cheap. Playmakers and shooters (sometimes both) aren't.

What kind of guy would you take? Myles Turner? Or Bogdan Bogdanovic? Buddy Hield?

Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:50 pm    Post subject:

ahaider wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

Giannis
Lebron
Harden
KD
Curry
Kawhi?

I don't think Doncic is better than AD - AD does so much defensively for your team. He can switch on to anyone, rebound at a high clip & score against bigs in each way (post, mid 3). Doncic is for sure right behind him in my eyes to conplete the superstar rankings. AD's versatility is what gives him the edge - he's a rarer commodity from a big standpoint. Not really any bigs in his league.

Last year Dallas won 32 games with Luka. 42 this year.

Teams led by Davis have only won 35 or more twice.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:03 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
ahaider wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

Giannis
Lebron
Harden
KD
Curry
Kawhi?

I don't think Doncic is better than AD - AD does so much defensively for your team. He can switch on to anyone, rebound at a high clip & score against bigs in each way (post, mid 3). Doncic is for sure right behind him in my eyes to conplete the superstar rankings. AD's versatility is what gives him the edge - he's a rarer commodity from a big standpoint. Not really any bigs in his league.

Prior to the bubble he led the Mavs to the #1 Offensive Rating.

Of. All. Time.

pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:18 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
ahaider wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

Giannis
Lebron
Harden
KD
Curry
Kawhi?

Of. All. Time.

Insane. If i had to pick between him and Giannis it would be a difficult choice. I might just like Luka more. If I could have any player for next year only?

1. Giannis
2. Luka
3. Curry
4. TJ Warren (jk) (sort of)
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:22 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
ahaider wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

Giannis
Lebron
Harden
KD
Curry
Kawhi?

Of. All. Time.

Insane. If i had to pick between him and Giannis it would be a difficult choice. I might just like Luka more. If I could have any player for next year only?

1. Giannis
2. Luka
3. Curry

I'd still take Luka, even if I know the defensive difference between the two.

I like big PGs, that run like offensive engines, and if they can't be stud POA defenders, be switchable.

He's switchable. Cade Cunningham is the closest to my favorite PG archetype.

Giannis has a team loaded with weapons. Imagine if Luka just had Middleton, goodness.

pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:28 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
ahaider wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

Giannis
Lebron
Harden
KD
Curry
Kawhi?

Of. All. Time.

1. Giannis
2. Luka
3. Curry

I'd still take Luka, even if I know the defensive difference between the two.

I like big PGs, that run like offensive engines, and if they can't be stud POA defenders, be switchable.

He's switchable. Cade Cunningham is the closest to my favorite PG archetype.

Giannis has a team loaded with weapons. Imagine if Luka just had Middleton, goodness.

Yeah that's my thinking. Giannis has a maxed out team perfectly built around him and they could still be beaten in the Finals. Luka is doing this with basically a bunch of castoffs and a #2 we're still not sure is fully back or ever will be. When all is said and done he could be a top 3 offensive wing of all time.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:30 pm    Post subject:

I don't even think Porzingis is a #2 option. He can't really create, just shoot over.

Dallas plays with roll-bigs. Luka and Davis on the same team would be fire.

Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:15 pm    Post subject:

So how many people look like a fool for saying Carmelo Anthony is washed up? Dude is balling really wish we had him instead of JR or Waiters.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:29 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
So how many people look like a fool for saying Carmelo Anthony is washed up? Dude is balling really wish we had him instead of JR or Waiters.

He doesn't provide what LAL needs.

Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:38 pm    Post subject:

I know D Murray was not happy with pop in SA. I would like to inquire on him this offseason and send D Green/2020 1st for him
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:00 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

None. Hardly anyone needed him to be a starter (Portland was decimated by injury) and he wasn’t trying to have a JR or Waiters type role.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:01 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
I know D Murray was not happy with pop in SA. I would like to inquire on him this offseason and send D Green/2020 1st for him

Man, I love his defense. But unfortunately, he is not a good enough shooter to put with this group. He has hit a total of 55 threes in his three year NBA career.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4618, 4619, 4620 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 4619 of 8560
Jump to: