Win the CHIP; your level of confidence
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:29 am    Post subject:

About the same as the Presidential election, which would be cautiously optimistic. (As far as the election goes, I won't say who I'm cautiously optimistic for. Don't want to start anything here.)
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:45 pm    Post subject:

ElginBaylor wrote:
About the same as the Presidential election, which would be cautiously optimistic. (As far as the election goes, I won't say who I'm cautiously optimistic for. Don't want to start anything here.)

It’s ok, this board is like 90% Kanye 2020
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:00 pm    Post subject:

Modest. We can still beat anyone, but this squad does not inspire confidence.
RashardA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:00 pm    Post subject:

This team looks horrid.

They look completely lost on the offensive end.

Some are now afraid to even take 3 point shots.

They dont look like a championship contending team at all.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:36 pm    Post subject:

People need to temper their expectations of Lebron if the shooting doesn't improve. Even during the legendary 2018 run, his shooters were solid threats.

44/120 - 37% - JR
36/106 - 34% - Love
47/115 - 41% - Korver
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:33 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
People need to temper their expectations of Lebron if the shooting doesn't improve. Even during the legendary 2018 run, his shooters were solid threats.

44/120 - 37% - JR
36/106 - 34% - Love
47/115 - 41% - Korver

That was a completely different kind of team.

They were 5th on offense and 29th on defense -- probably the worst rated defensive team to ever win a ring.

The current Lakers are 11th on offense and 3rd on defense.

That said, I think we are missing Bradley.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:44 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:

It’s ok, this board is like 90% Kanye 2020

Quote:
Jul 29 ye @kanyewest

In Jesus name No more cap

🙏🏾
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:31 pm    Post subject:

Much more confident than the last 7 seasons.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:00 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
PenG_ wrote:

44/120 - 37% - JR
36/106 - 34% - Love
47/115 - 41% - Korver

They were 5th on offense and 29th on defense -- probably the worst rated defensive team to ever win a ring.

I'm just saying that the Cav's weapons were hitting their regular season averages. Lebron didn't average 34/9/9 by driving through a clogged lane every game.

Obviously agree about AB.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:52 pm    Post subject:

Luckily there's no clear Juggernauts this season at all or else i'd be much more worried. I still think the Lakers have as good of a chance as anyone to win it and that's even with there shooting at historic lows. They get a few guys that start hitting outside shots in the Playoffs and I don't think anyone is beating us this season.

I understand a little frustration and concern over the shooting but it's being a bit overblown at this point with all things considered imo.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:30 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
PenG_ wrote:

44/120 - 37% - JR
36/106 - 34% - Love
47/115 - 41% - Korver

We have the worst offense out of any team in the bubble.
https://go.nba.com/51g22

I know people don't want to hear this. But we miss our other PG too.
ThreePointBomber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:46 pm    Post subject:

LeBron and AD? I'm not getting against the GOAT, and a top 5 player.
chrisca91
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:28 pm    Post subject:

zero
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:46 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
NBA Championship updated

Lakers 11/4
Clippers 3/1
Bucks 7/2
Celtics 10/1
Raptors 10/1
Rockets 14/1
Nuggets 20/1
Trail Blazers 30/1
Heat 40/1
Thunder 40/1
Mavericks 60/1
76ers 60/1
Jazz 80/1
Suns 100/1
Pacers 200/1
Nets 1000/1
Grizzlies 1000/1
Spurs 1000/1
Magic 2000/1
eznoh
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:06 pm    Post subject:

Zero. If they somehow get past the Blazers and Rockets, they will lose to the Clips. The bigger question is will Davis stay?

Mike
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:37 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
activeverb wrote:
PenG_ wrote:

44/120 - 37% - JR
36/106 - 34% - Love
47/115 - 41% - Korver

Not sure what Rondo would do about the majority of the team missing wide open 3's besides maybe fitting right in? Bradley I can see for sure since he actually brought elite level 1on1 defense at the guard spot and on top of that was finally healthy and finding his stroke again.

It's a bit of a worry for sure but I can guarantee you guys like THT, Elmer Fudd and Cook (unless he's absolutely lighting it up) wont be seeing much minutes outside of us being in foul trouble once the Playoffs start. We've also been clearly running a very vanilla offense. In the Playoffs not only will AD and Lebron be playing much more minutes but we'll see there 2 man game much more often imo as well which is pretty potent.

Not sure why any Lakers fan would just assume the Clippers will beat us though? We've beaten them the last 2 games and especially that last one with us looking horrible most of it. They haven't been dominating since the bubble resumed either. I wouldnt judge the Clippers or the Lakers too much until after the 1st round series. Both teams will look much scarier once the Playoffs start as they're both Veteran loaded teams with nothing but Championship aspirations, nothing else remotely matters.

The way we play defense and especially once again when our best guys will be getting much heavier minutes we're going to be in most games even with bad shooting. I'm not quite as confident as I was right before stoppage but I still believe the Lakers are the best team in the NBA.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:46 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
kikanga wrote:
activeverb wrote:
PenG_ wrote:

44/120 - 37% - JR
36/106 - 34% - Love
47/115 - 41% - Korver

Not sure what Rondo would do about the majority of the team missing wide open 3's besides maybe fitting right in? Bradley I can see for sure since he actually brought elite level 1on1 defense at the guard spot and on top of that was finally healthy and finding his stroke again.

It's a bit of a worry for sure but I can guarantee you guys like THT, Elmer Fudd and Cook (unless he's absolutely lighting it up) wont be seeing much minutes outside of us being in foul trouble once the Playoffs start. We've also been clearly running a very vanilla offense. In the Playoffs not only will AD and Lebron be playing much more minutes but we'll see there 2 man game much more often imo as well which is pretty potent.

Not sure why any Lakers fan would just assume the Clippers will beat us though? We've beaten them the last 2 games and especially that last one with us looking horrible most of it. They haven't been dominating since the bubble resumed either. I wouldnt judge the Clippers or the Lakers too much until after the 1st round series. Both teams will look much scarier once the Playoffs start as they're both Veteran loaded teams with nothing but Championship aspirations, nothing else remotely matters.

The way we play defense and especially once again when our best guys will be getting much heavier minutes we're going to be in most games even with bad shooting. I'm not quite as confident as I was right before stoppage but I still believe the Lakers are the best team in the NBA.

While not lighting up the Win/Loss column, they're top 5 in most metrics in the bubble. They've been very good even in their losses, very clearly illustrating their depth in games without Kawhi or PG. The Bucks are a bit hit and miss however.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:59 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
hype wrote:
kikanga wrote:
activeverb wrote:
PenG_ wrote:

44/120 - 37% - JR
36/106 - 34% - Love
47/115 - 41% - Korver

While not lighting up the Win/Loss column, they're top 5 in most metrics in the bubble. They've been very good even in their losses, very clearly illustrating their depth in games without Kawhi or PG. The Bucks are a bit hit and miss however.

I've watched most of there games and they do look solid but not anymore scary then us imo at this point. I dont really put much stock in a hand full of games after missing 4 months for a veteran team that already has the #1 seed locked up. The deep depth is a great weapon for the regular season without question but once the Playoffs start and the rotations tighten up they wont be getting much playing time anymore. Nobody on there roster scares me much outside of those top 2 guys which i'm sure the Clippers say the same thing about us. If the Clippers were clicking together like say the Raptors or even how we were before the layoff then I would be a bit more concerned but that hasn't been the case at all.

I think it would be a great series that could go either way depending on a bunch of things but in no way do we not have a chance against them.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:43 pm    Post subject:

90-95%
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:38 pm    Post subject:

It sucked to see our Finals odds drop over the last week. We were favored by all major books after that weekend in March. Now we're behind both the Clippers and Bucks, albeit not by much.
Clearly they're finally pricing in the loss of AB.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:51 am    Post subject:

chrisca91 wrote:
zero

Agree because the season ended in March with no playoffs.
Chick-N-Stew
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:39 am    Post subject:

Let's see who rises to the occasion. Which team in the bubble takes the next step up. A few thoughts....

Lakers have not been shooting well and it's a crap shoot if that will improve. Let's hope they find the touch. If elBJ disappears, we could be done.

Vogel needs to get these guys ramped up and focused on the opportunity before them.

A tougher 1st round opponent may help galvanize the team moving forward.

Sure elBJ is older but the rest should have done him as much good as Leonard and George. 2 guys who needed rest, got it. Advantage Clips.

1st seed gets you no other advantage than having 1 more game with your video screen lit up. Not really an advantage so kind of a crappy year to have the top seed.
Still it does indicate they were doing something right.

Asterisk seasons count no matter how flawed. Cannot let the Clips get over.

The Lakers have as good or better a chance to win it all. Dig in on D and get the ball to who ever is shooting hot, and we got this !!!!
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:57 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
chrisca91 wrote:
zero

Agree because the season ended in March with no playoffs.

BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:07 pm    Post subject:

My heart thinks there's a good chance... my brain thinks there's not.

On the other hand if I was a fan of the other teams, I wouldn't feel any better.

It's wide open for anyone.

I can see us winning the title and I can also see us going in the first round.

A good playoffs for the neutral.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:27 pm    Post subject:

3baller wrote:
Not very high. For a #1 seeded western conference team, I don't feel like we're dominant at all.

We need another shooter in the starting lineup and keep AD in the post where he's most effective, drawing fouls, getting offensive boards/putbacks and taking high percentage shots.
Pretty much spot on with what you said. He's out there jacking uo threes not because be wants to but because they don't have very many options from there. Same with LB. They are too clogged up on the inside, etc. Heck, AD is their best free throw shooter. Hats off to him, but it shouldn't be that way. They need to add at least one dominant shooter to compliment AD (and LBs) inside game. With that being said, I think we have a chance to win, but it won't be in a dominant way.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: