LAKERS -vs- BLAZERS - 8/18 - Thoughts and :-(( Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LAII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:06 am    Post subject: Re: LAKERS -vs- BLAZERS - 8/18 - Thoughts and :-(( Ratings

jodeke wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:

Vogel -- -- Key Moment: Up 6 with 8 minutes left, Kuzma had just forced a timeout with a score. The Lakers were rolling. He sat Kuzma for Green and sucked the wind from the Lakers sails. Three minutes later we were down 2 when Kuzma returned. We did Portland a favor and they took it and ran with it.

Yep. Game. That substitution killed the momentum. Let's hope that isn't a metaphor for this split-season.

This is why I think Vogel is gone. Lakers FO is going to blame someone for that loss. I think it was Vogels fault. Kuz is a rhythm player. He had his stroke going. When Vogel sat him he sat his stroke.

I've said many times, if the Lakers join the 5 #1 seeds sent home in the 1st round by the #8 seed Vogel is history. In fact if they don't get to the finals he's history. It's finals, ship or bust.

I have a sinking feeling about this playoff. Our window is closing.

Christ! Vogel's already gone after a single loss? I guess Budenholzer, and Doc Rivers better start packing.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:31 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Can anyone one give me a reason why we didn't see Dion or JR? We know both can get hot and light it up.

Defense I think was the concern. But I do think Dwight did a good job with those high hedges/traps that if we play that way, we should be able to get some minutes for second unit guys as long as they aren't giving up any easy looks on iso.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: LAKERS -vs- BLAZERS - 8/18 - Thoughts and :-(( Ratings

I thought Lebron's +/- that game was -3.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:36 pm    Post subject:

The one thing I'll look at tonight is North-South movement as opposed to East-West.

I'm down to use both sides of the floor. But somewhere within the first 10 seconds of the shot clock I want a player with 2 feet in the paint as a threat to score before we start swinging the ball around.

Only exception is if AD is money from Midrange.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:57 pm    Post subject: Re: LAKERS -vs- BLAZERS - 8/18 - Thoughts and :-(( Ratings

LAII wrote:
jodeke wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:

Vogel -- -- Key Moment: Up 6 with 8 minutes left, Kuzma had just forced a timeout with a score. The Lakers were rolling. He sat Kuzma for Green and sucked the wind from the Lakers sails. Three minutes later we were down 2 when Kuzma returned. We did Portland a favor and they took it and ran with it.

Yep. Game. That substitution killed the momentum. Let's hope that isn't a metaphor for this split-season.

This is why I think Vogel is gone. Lakers FO is going to blame someone for that loss. I think it was Vogels fault. Kuz is a rhythm player. He had his stroke going. When Vogel sat him he sat his stroke.

I've said many times, if the Lakers join the 5 #1 seeds sent home in the 1st round by the #8 seed Vogel is history. In fact if they don't get to the finals he's history. It's finals, ship or bust.

I have a sinking feeling about this playoff. Our window is closing.

Christ! Vogel's already gone after a single loss? I guess Budenholzer, and Doc Rivers better start packing.

The bold green is the intent of the post.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:07 pm    Post subject:

Also, they’re leaving AD wide open at the three point line and wide open on long 2’s. They loaded up on LeBron in the Bron/AD pnr. AD has to start making them pay. It will also make Portland more hesitant in loading up.
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:08 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
The one thing I'll look at tonight is North-South movement as opposed to East-West.

I'm down to use both sides of the floor. But somewhere within the first 10 seconds of the shot clock I want a player with 2 feet in the paint as a threat to score before we start swinging the ball around.

Only exception is if AD is money from Midrange.

Agreed. LeBron needs to push the pace. Not let their defense set. Rebound the ball and go.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:10 pm    Post subject:

LET'S GO LAKERS!!!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: