In Memory of Kobe Bryant
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 135, 136, 137 ... 160, 161, 162  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:16 pm    Post subject:

I think I've entered a different phase of this thing. I'm finding it more difficult to look at his face and watch things about him. Even speaking on him in the past tense, I still get a pang of WTF??? I miss Kobe. I miss seeing him around. I enjoyed seeing him happy, seeing him living, seeing him write the next chapter in his life. There was so much more to come from him...I'm not ashamed to say this has wounded me deeply in ways I don't even understand. Maybe one day it will make some semblance of sense.

Continue to Rest in Paradise Kobe, Gigi.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:13 pm    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
I think I've entered a different phase of this thing. I'm finding it more difficult to look at his face and watch things about him. Even speaking on him in the past tense, I still get a pang of WTF??? I miss Kobe. I miss seeing him around. I enjoyed seeing him happy, seeing him living, seeing him write the next chapter in his life. There was so much more to come from him...I'm not ashamed to say this has wounded me deeply in ways I don't even understand. Maybe one day it will make some semblance of sense.

Could not have said it better. I just started randomly thinking about Kobe as I sit here eating lunch. The image of him and Pau embracing with confetti falling around them. It's a famous image, and my mind just keeps going back to it. It was one of my happiest moments and certainly one of theirs. It's still a joyous memory but now it brings an undertone of sadness with it. Hard to explain but I'm sure you understand. Still hurts man.
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:41 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:

Could not have said it better. I just started randomly thinking about Kobe as I sit here eating lunch. The image of him and Pau embracing with confetti falling around them. It's a famous image, and my mind just keeps going back to it. It was one of my happiest moments and certainly one of theirs. It's still a joyous memory but now it brings an undertone of sadness with it. Hard to explain but I'm sure you understand. Still hurts man.

Same. My emotions are everywhere. I loved him so much. I still adore the man. I love his family, they're like our family. I find myself watching clips from that treacherous day over and over again and I don't know why I do that to myself. It hurts more every time. The pain hasn't subsided. I keep imagining his smile, how he was such a good guy and misunderstood his entire life. He finally found peace and the world finally embraced him for the man we have lovingly known, adored, and idolized for 24 years. As MJ stated, a piece of me died that day. And then Covid happened, and it's like Kobe and Gianna's will was just too strong for this planet. They left and everything has stopped since. Man I miss them and want them back, I really want them back.
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:37 pm    Post subject:

I don't know if anyone's posted this, it's from April. Amazing story from Gordon Hayward on his first interaction with Kobe after his retirement.

Link
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:11 am    Post subject:

GTL wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:

Same. My emotions are everywhere. I loved him so much. I still adore the man. I love his family, they're like our family. I find myself watching clips from that treacherous day over and over again and I don't know why I do that to myself. It hurts more every time. The pain hasn't subsided. I keep imagining his smile, how he was such a good guy and misunderstood his entire life. He finally found peace and the world finally embraced him for the man we have lovingly known, adored, and idolized for 24 years. As MJ stated, a piece of me died that day. And then Covid happened, and it's like Kobe and Gianna's will was just too strong for this planet. They left and everything has stopped since. Man I miss them and want them back, I really want them back.

samex3

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:53 am    Post subject:

damn this still doesnt feel right
Nobody
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:11 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
GTL wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:

samex3

Yeah, me4, except the "making sense" part. There is no sense in this. Never was and never will be. Just tragic death.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:18 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:

Never will.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:37 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/ShowtimeForum/status/1290503208448561152

"We want to do it for him"
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:54 am    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

Never will.

Worst day in Sports history, it will never be the same again after the helicopter tragedy.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:10 am    Post subject:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2016/08/23/los-angeles-kobe-bryant-day-august-24/89209846/

I think we should also do something special every year on LG to honor him.
Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:20 pm    Post subject:

Kobe Bryant Day approved by Orange County officials

Quote:
No one can bring Kobe Bryant back to life, but Orange County officials have decided to honor his legacy with a day in his name. The community’s Board of Supervisors voted to officially make August 24th, Kobe Bryant Day.

Quote:
The California resolution, published on Aug. 11, passed on without hesitation reported The Shade Room.

The resolution stated, “During his career, Kobe Bryant’s numbers on his jerseys were 8 and 24, therefore a fitting day to celebrate his legacy would be August 24.”

This “Kobe Day” recognition is particularly special as it falls one day after his actual birthday, the first since untimely demise. Bryant was born on August 23, 1978.

https://thegrio.com/2020/08/13/kobe-bryant-day-approved-oc/?jwsource=cl
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:27 pm    Post subject:

Pau’s continued relationship with Vanessa and the girls is just really beautiful

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEKdp6-g76w/?igshid=1ar7btcrvdg42

https://twitter.com/sportscenter/status/1296554017921867778?s=21
dcastillo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:35 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
Pau’s continued relationship with Vanessa and the girls is just really beautiful

The man himself Pau Gasol. Said it before and I’ll say it again, can’t wait till #16 up in the rafters next to Kobe
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:09 pm    Post subject:

That is so special, honestly. He's really stepped up to help that family grieve. Really impressive, (bleep) breaks my heart and puts it all together again
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:10 pm    Post subject:

dcastillo wrote:
TDRock wrote:

The man himself Pau Gasol. Said it before and I’ll say it again, can’t wait till #16 up in the rafters next to Kobe

i love him
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:52 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
dcastillo wrote:
TDRock wrote:

i love him

Me too

I’ve heard rumor that he would like to finish his career in LA (as a Laker, not those other people). I would love to have him come back and do a ceremonial final year here before he retires.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:24 am    Post subject:

^i consider things like that one of the few “musts” that any proper owner does if they have respect towards fans/franchise beyond bottom line or results. Respect the legends. At a minimum Pau deserves a 1-day K to retire as a Laker
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:35 pm    Post subject:

So I was bored and decided to go through the few pages of this thread and most of our reactions are so shocking, it’s like everyone was in shell shock what a horrible day that was and it was during Sunday morning when the Helicopter crashed.
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:33 pm    Post subject:

Lost by Matt Mauser (Husband of the late Christina Mauser)
L.A.T.W
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:34 pm    Post subject:

Happy Bday Bean. Smh would've been 42 today! RIP gone but never forgotten!!
lakerfan4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:58 am    Post subject:

Happy birthday Kobe. Talking about you in the past tense hurts
Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:30 am    Post subject:

Happy Birthday Kobe.

Miss you.❣️
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:46 am    Post subject:

If anyone wants to start off their morning with a good cry:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CEPJuA-HRi1/?igshid=l2ll96ahwbaa
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:01 am    Post subject:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KOBE!!!!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 135, 136, 137 ... 160, 161, 162  Next
Page 136 of 162
Jump to: