The NBA Playoffs Will Resume
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:03 pm    Post subject:

55 wrote:
Andrew Evenstar wrote:
the nba is a joke

Yep. I've lost most of my interest, as have most of my friends.
Basketball is a getaway from all the stress in life. I don't want to hear politics, I want to see the best basketball competition.

agreed im just about done with watching it. I think we'll see some bad basketball going forward. its clear they dont want to be there. they need to figure out if they want to be a political league or a basketball league.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:04 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

So you agree that it is nothing more than an invitational tournament? Which I have no problem with, I have caught parts of some games and some have been entertaining. But it doesn’t fit what an NBA season is, I can’t remember once where some teams weren’t allowed to play.

This is a unique time in America and the world, so it's not surprising it's a unique NBA season. Ultimately, the NBA bubble will be woven into the fabric of this unique time in history.

Whoever wins will hang a championship banner forever, like everyone else. Some people will demand an asterisk be appended to the banner, but over time those demands will fade, and no one will care.

So don't get so worked up about stuff. Life is serious, but it's not meant to be taken seriously.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:06 pm    Post subject:

Nnamdi21 wrote:
55 wrote:
Andrew Evenstar wrote:
the nba is a joke

Basketball is a getaway from all the stress in life. I don't want to hear politics, I want to see the best basketball competition.

agreed im just about done with watching it. I think we'll see some bad basketball going forward. its clear they dont want to be there. they need to figure out if they want to be a political league or a basketball league.

I am interested. That's why I visit this forum now and then.

What I can't figure out is, why even come here if you lost all interest? Yeah, right you've lost interest. I hate this ocean cuz it's all wet. This drag strip sucks because the cars are loud. I hate this brothel cuz it's full of hookers. This steak house sucks cuz there's too many meat dishes. You're in a Lakersground thread about playoffs resuming. Not a referendum on players having political views different than yours. Some of us are interested in seeing the Lakers beat Portland and move on to Round 2. Politics forum is what you're really looking for, go there.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:34 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
What I can't figure out is, why even come here if you lost all interest?

There are lots of people who come to this forum who don't really care about basketball. They care about getting into arguments -- that's what gets them off. This forum is simply an alternative to sugar, alcohol or drugs to give them the adrenaline rush they need. No different than any other social media site.
strong9
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:43 pm    Post subject:

Nnamdi21 wrote:
55 wrote:
Andrew Evenstar wrote:
the nba is a joke

Luckily this is still America in one important respect - they can do both.
KOBE WAN
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:12 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
oasisdude77 wrote:
TDRock wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
The season ended months ago.

Please Stop

Seriously, we get it. You don't like that the season has resumed. We don't need to keep hearing it in every thread.

It isn’t that I don’t like it, it is that this isn’t a season. During seasons teams have schedules and play each other. This tournament is by invitation only, some teams weren’t invited to the party. That doesn’t happen during NBA seasons.

Those teams weren't invited because they weren't going to make the postseason anyway. It would be a waste of time for them and also for the TV viewers at home.

So you agree that it is nothing more than an invitational tournament? Which I have no problem with, I have caught parts of some games and some have been entertaining. But it doesn’t fit what an NBA season is, I can’t remember once where some teams weren’t allowed to play.

My bro... seriously. Please...

This guy.... you know he’s lost it a while back.
LAII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:05 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:

So don't get so worked up about stuff. Life is serious, but it's not meant to be taken seriously.

I had a coffee mug that reminded me not to take it too seriously. After all you will never get out of alive.
kobe_4_mvp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:21 am    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
Nnamdi21 wrote:
55 wrote:
Andrew Evenstar wrote:
the nba is a joke

I am interested. That's why I visit this forum now and then.

What I can't figure out is, why even come here if you lost all interest? Yeah, right you've lost interest. I hate this ocean cuz it's all wet. This drag strip sucks because the cars are loud. I hate this brothel cuz it's full of hookers. This steak house sucks cuz there's too many meat dishes. You're in a Lakersground thread about playoffs resuming. Not a referendum on players having political views different than yours. Some of us are interested in seeing the Lakers beat Portland and move on to Round 2. Politics forum is what you're really looking for, go there.

I hate these members cuz they don’t think like me.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:38 am    Post subject:

Games resume today 12:30p.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:17 am    Post subject:

Mods, can we get an official piss and moan thread regarding the bubble/politics so those people have a place where they can talk about what they don’t like about the league?
It’s frustrsting seeing the same 2 complaints fill up all of the basketball threads.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:57 pm    Post subject:

The boycott was the only realistic threat to the Lakers winning a championship.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5
Jump to: