Official ANTHONY DAVIS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 963, 964, 965 ... 1423, 1424, 1425  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:53 pm    Post subject:

This series would be soo much easier if Brow posted up deeper. He's so far from the block, it's funny.
He catches the ball on the block. The double comes and it's easy read and react for our offense over and over again.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:59 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
So inconsistent. Good game bad game good game bad game. We're gonna need another Lebron once he retires. We need someone who we could count on in the playoff and down the stretch. AD, so far, has not shown that. He's great for regular season wins but I'm not sure he's reliable in the playoffs.

His worst game in the playoffs was 18 and 5... in 18 minutes when they didn't need him in the second half. His next worst games were 28/11/2/2 and 25/14/3/3.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:50 pm    Post subject:

Bad game? Haha.
Again, whats your definition of bad?
πŸ’œπŸ’› πŸ† πŸ‘€ πŸ– #18!!!
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:58 pm    Post subject:

AD has some flaws, mainly that he can settle for mid-range isolations, and hold onto the ball too long. Outside of that, really, the guy is the most perfect big man you can have in todays league.

There is not a single thing this dude does not do for you on the basketball court. Then, factor, he plays elite D and switches onto so many different positions, it is crazy.

I can not stress enough, that just because AD is not Shaq, it does not mean he is not a great player. There is no dominant scoring low post player in the league right now (that I know of). AD is more mid-range, and a lot of face up game, with some low post game. Most of his paint dominance is through size and elite athleticism, off the ball, than off the ball, bully ball. Bully ball is more Bron. Not AD.

If you appreciate him for what he really is, you will be happy as hell. If you want Shaq, you will always be lacking, because AD is not a power post up low post guy. He is a guard in a freakish athletic 7 foot body.

I will say this, for sure if you had someone like Shaq, you would feast on offense. But good luck on defense. Shaq could not move out of the paint. Look at Joel Embiid. He has issues with movement, and he is not even as big. In todays league, having a bigman that can move like AD, who puts up 30 points a night in the playoffs, is one of the most valuable assets you can have in the league.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:59 pm    Post subject:

Regular Season per 100 possessions:
36 ppg / 12.9 rebs / 4.5 assists / 2 steals / 3.2 blocks/ 61 TS%

Playoffs per 100 possessions
42 ppg / 14.3 rebs / 5.3 assists / 2 steals / 2.4 blocks / 65.8 TS%

Up across the aboard except for blocks.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:04 pm    Post subject:

So thankful we have him.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:06 pm    Post subject:

Please let his side be ok
dcastillo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:07 pm    Post subject:

Love AD man. I know he frustrates people on here sometimes but so did Pau and Pau is a Laker great
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:10 pm    Post subject:

dcastillo wrote:
Love AD man. I know he frustrates people on here sometimes but so did Pau and Pau is a Laker great

Ha, that's actually a very good comparison in terms of taking him for granted or "crying" about softness.
lordtrapula
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:12 pm    Post subject:

Davis floats and sometimes just doesn't impose his will enough, but my goodness I don't think theirs a team that can stop him.
Kobe_Is_King13
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:22 pm    Post subject:

lordtrapula wrote:
Davis floats and sometimes just doesn't impose his will enough, but my goodness I don't think theirs a team that can stop him.

There isn't. Mainly because short of Giannis (and maybe Bam Adebayo), there might not be a single guy in league that can match up with him. Everyone is either too small or too slow. He's a very unique player that can score 30+ and play All-Defensive 1st team defense on virtually all 5 positions.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:31 pm    Post subject:

lordtrapula wrote:

26/15/6 tonight. He’s averaging 28/13 for the series against one of the toughest defenders in the league. Just don’t know what people expect.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:52 pm    Post subject:

The game is too easy for AD, and that's why we don't always see that aggression from him. I believe he will average close to 40 ppg and 20 rpg against the Clippers, and there will no longer be any questions about what AD brings to the court in prime time.
JPaulK0n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:56 pm    Post subject:

Only AD can put up prime Shaq numbers in the playoffs where it matters the most, and still have people say he is soft, needs to do more, or needs to overpower defenders in the post. I guess that shows how truly talented AD is, almost LeBron like with how he fills up the stat sheet with monster numbers, but can feel like he can actually do even more.
lordtrapula
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:01 pm    Post subject:

His mid-range jumper has basically been KD-esque, literally no one in the league to alter it. That thing has been wet since the POR series.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:13 pm    Post subject:

The more I watch him the more I think about Tim Duncan and how you would think he didn't have that great of a game yet he played elite d and put up great numbers and his team kept winning most of the time. I do think he could get some easier baskets at times but if his outside shot remains as good as its been pretty much the entire Playoffs so far i'm fine with it. He also stopped settling on 3's like he was doing very often in the regular season which has helped his fg% go way up.

I don't think there's much to complain about when it comes to him and LBJ thus far in the Playoffs. They've both been ridiculously consistent on both ends for the most part.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:39 pm    Post subject:

Love this guy but he is a magnet for injuries - let’s hope that rib injury doesn’t flare up
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:53 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

UnwrittenRules
@UnwrittenRul3s

AD was 9-13 tonight after going 15-24 in game 2 and 10-16 in game 1. Getting to his spots and just raising over any of the defenders. Also averaging 5 assists in the last two. Been such a killer.

Yes sir!
lordtrapula
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:02 pm    Post subject:

Anthony Davis shooting by game this series:

G1: 25 Points, 62.5% - 70.4 TS%
G2: 34 Points, 62.5% - 63.8 TS%
G3: 26 Points, 69.2% - 72.9 TS%
-
Avg: 28.3 PPG, 64.2% - 68.2 TS%

Rockets have no answer for him.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:03 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Among players still in the playoffs, Anthony Davis ranks:

- 2nd in scoring (29.7)
- 3rd in rebounds (10.1)
- 1st in blocks (1.7)
- 2nd in FG% (58.9)
- 3rd in FTM (6.7)
- 1st in PER (36.0)

j-dawg
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:07 pm    Post subject:

JPaulK0n wrote:
Only AD can put up prime Shaq numbers in the playoffs where it matters the most, and still have people say he is soft, needs to do more, or needs to overpower defenders in the post. I guess that shows how truly talented AD is, almost LeBron like with how he fills up the stat sheet with monster numbers, but can feel like he can actually do even more.

Championship solves everything.

He needs to get the monkey off his back. People used to say this about KG practically from 2000-2007. You could copy and paste the same things people said about KG, literally down to the arguments of him not being able to get out of the 1st round. Then he won the championship and suddenly there’s more respect to his name.
rybee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:07 pm    Post subject:

His midrange was kind of off the whole regular season before the bubble.

Now he's automatic. He's hitting some incredibly hard shots too.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:26 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
lordtrapula wrote:

26/15/6 tonight. He’s averaging 28/13 for the series against one of the toughest defenders in the league. Just don’t know what people expect.

The Pau comparison earlier in the thread was good. But with AD, it's crazy how you watch him play for a couple of quarters and he doesn't stand out particularly, then you blink and he's got 25-10 in the 4th quarter or something like that. He generally always bounces back after bad games or 1st halves and has come through in the clutch on both ends more often than not this year. There's not much more you can ask for from a superstar big man with the way game is played today.

Having said that, it's frustrating how the team utilizes him and tries to force him to post up against a guy who excels in defending him on precisely that type of play, perhaps more than any other player in the league. There are more creative ways to get him the ball, especially on the move. Though Tucker guards him extremely well on post ups when he pushes him further away from the basket, which is almost always, at the end of the day AD is a generational athletic freak and has at least 4-5 inches on the guy. The current gameplan isn't taking advantage of that fact nearly enough.

But again, that's more on the gameplan and players tasked with getting him the ball, not as much on AD.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:27 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Quote:
Among players still in the playoffs, Anthony Davis ranks:

- 2nd in scoring (29.7)
- 3rd in rebounds (10.1)
- 1st in blocks (1.7)
- 2nd in FG% (58.9)
- 3rd in FTM (6.7)
- 1st in PER (36.0)

And people call him soft....
lordtrapula
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:30 pm    Post subject:

An adjustment i noticed for AD from the mid-range is he operating like KD and just rising instead of fading. It's making his efficiency god-like.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 963, 964, 965 ... 1423, 1424, 1425  Next
Page 964 of 1425
Jump to: