Markieff Morris (to Miami)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:55 pm    Post subject:

ksmgf wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
KBandKB wrote:
I hope Keef would be willing to take the Bi-annual exception and then we can sign someone else for the MLE.

This is only my personal opinion. I have no facts, but the only way Keef stays on a discount is if his brother stays a Clipper. Not sure how the Clips can afford him. Maybe if they let Montez walk?

I’m sure Lebron and AD will want him back. He seems like the type of player Lebron can trust. Keef is willing to play center, so AD automatically loves him. I’m just not sure if he’s willing to take a discount and become a bench player just yet.

I think that there is a very good chance that Trez isn’t a Clipper.

Can the Lakers sign him? Do we have the cap space to do so? I would love to have him on the lakers.

At this point in his career he is going to want the biggest deal. Lakers won’t have that to offer.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:57 pm    Post subject:

LakersMD wrote:
ksmgf wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
KBandKB wrote:
I hope Keef would be willing to take the Bi-annual exception and then we can sign someone else for the MLE.

This is only my personal opinion. I have no facts, but the only way Keef stays on a discount is if his brother stays a Clipper. Not sure how the Clips can afford him. Maybe if they let Montez walk?

I’m sure Lebron and AD will want him back. He seems like the type of player Lebron can trust. Keef is willing to play center, so AD automatically loves him. I’m just not sure if he’s willing to take a discount and become a bench player just yet.

Can the Lakers sign him? Do we have the cap space to do so? I would love to have him on the lakers.

At this point in his career he is going to want the biggest deal. Lakers won’t have that to offer.

The most I see him getting is the Bi-Annual Exception, and he might have to settle for the veteran's minimum. Really depends on how the cap will be handled.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:29 pm    Post subject:

ATL at some point were linked with Montrezl Harrell not sure if they still want him especially with Capela in the fold.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:39 pm    Post subject:

Wrong Place
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:36 pm    Post subject:

Such a perfect puckup. He's a must to bring back next season.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:08 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:

I say give full mle.+ Exception to the brothers. Get PG with green +28
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:33 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:

I say give full mle.+ Exception to the brothers. Get PG with green +28

I don't know how any of that is possible, even if I like your roster construction ideas. But I do like your roster construction ideas.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:49 pm    Post subject:

I’m pretty sure AD and Lebron will want him back. He’s their type of player.
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:58 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
LakersMD wrote:
ksmgf wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
KBandKB wrote:

The most I see him getting is the Bi-Annual Exception, and he might have to settle for the veteran's minimum. Really depends on how the cap will be handled.

Not Montrezl Harrell, which is who I was referring to.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:30 pm    Post subject:

Keep reminding everyone we got him for free... didn’t get raped by the Knicks for his brother
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:15 am    Post subject:

Such a great pickup
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:19 am    Post subject:

Mr. Reliable
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:54 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Keep reminding everyone we got him for free... didn’t get raped by the Knicks for his brother

Remember the overreactions when the Clips got Marcus?
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:56 am    Post subject:

I am curious as to see if we continue with him as starter longterm, as it looks like it can be useful to have someone that can help the Lakers transition game, and also their floor spacing.

You could probably bring in McGee or Howard for AD, Kuzma in for Morris, Rondo in for Bron. Caruso in for Green. This is a really good 9 man playoff rotation.

Davis-Howard or McGee
Morris-Kuzma (Lebron could theoretically be here if KCP is on that night)
KCP-Lebron
Green-Caruso
Lebron-Rondo

A lot of flex there, and it seems our defense is not suffering when we move Morris into the starting 5, but there is a big improvement in transition opportunities as well as halfcourt spacing.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:29 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

<snip>
A lot of flex there, and it seems our defense is not suffering when we move Morris into the starting 5, but there is a big improvement in transition opportunities as well as halfcourt spacing.

I think flexibility is the key - the Lakers are able to matchup with a multitude of teams and impose their will. If had met Philly with Embiid, we'd play them a lot differently than we're playing Houston. It will be so interesting to see what lineups we go with against LAC/Boston/Toronto/Miami.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:09 am    Post subject:

ThePageDude wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

<snip>

I think flexibility is the key - the Lakers are able to matchup with a multitude of teams and impose their will. If had met Philly with Embiid, we'd play them a lot differently than we're playing Houston. It will be so interesting to see what lineups we go with against LAC/Boston/Toronto/Miami.

Yep say if we move on and, if we match up with Jokic or likely Zubac, I wonder if we revert to McGee. I just like the floor spacing, and transition game that Morris provides. It is not just Morris, it allows AD to utilize more space in the paint and same with Bron.

Again I do not want to look forward as this series is far from over, but hypothetically, Bron has a big mismatch at PG if they match him up with Beverly. Now, you have Bron in the post up against Bev, instead of trying to drive on him. The floor is spread out with Morris and Davis both capable 3 point shooters, and 2 other shooters in Green-KCP (Even though Green has not been good, he is a good shooter). We have a lot more ability in the halfcourt and in transition with our post up game and size advantages this way. You want AD and Bron to be able to dominate and have space to do so. I do not see how McGee accomplishes this. AD and Bron have less space, we run less and we also have to rely more on Bron driving (or settling for 3 pointers) on smalls. I am even fine with Kuzma starting instead of Morris, to match up with George. We need to send the message right from the get go, we are here to (bleep) you.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:19 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

<snip>
Yep say if we move on and, if we match up with Jokic or likely Zubac, I wonder if we revert to McGee. I just like the floor spacing, and transition game that Morris provides. It is not just Morris, it allows AD to utilize more space in the paint and same with Bron.

Again I do not want to look forward as this series is far from over, but hypothetically, Bron has a big mismatch at PG if they match him up with Beverly. Now, you have Bron in the post up against Bev, instead of trying to drive on him. The floor is spread out with Morris and Davis both capable 3 point shooters, and 2 other shooters in Green-KCP (Even though Green has not been good, he is a good shooter). We have a lot more ability in the halfcourt and in transition with our post up game and size advantages this way. You want AD and Bron to be able to dominate and have space to do so. I do not see how McGee accomplishes this. AD and Bron have less space, we run less and we also have to rely more on Bron driving (or settling for 3 pointers) on smalls. I am even fine with Kuzma starting instead of Morris, to match up with George. We need to send the message right from the get go, we are here to (bleep) you.

Yes, I'm with you on this, high potential.
My further point on flexibility relates to not just matching up with teams, but giving teams different looks and setting up the small ball unit for greater success; even in a situation like you cite, having Howard/McGee can be useful in a long 7-game series, because their physicality can pound the other team's bigs and "soften" them up as the game OR series progresses. Tired legs having to close out on AD/Morris/KCP/Green in the 4th quarter would only make that lineup even more effective.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:46 pm    Post subject:

The most important guy to bring back who isn't under contract next season.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:28 pm    Post subject:

Feels like he could fill an Horry ish role
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:09 pm    Post subject:

The guy has earned the starting job.
StoicChalice392
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:11 pm    Post subject:

Kieff really got us going to start the 3rd. Guy can defend and stretch the floor. I like his toughness.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:14 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Such a great pickup

💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:15 pm    Post subject:

I cant wait to see what a healthy DeMarcus has left and can provide us with these same pieces
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:20 pm    Post subject:

How awesome would it be if Kieff out plays his brother in the WCF? Of course assuming Vogel doesn’t mess with the line up.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:33 pm    Post subject:

Should Vogel keep him with the starters next round? He really looks good out there.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
Page 29 of 40
Jump to: