We are probably better off Going Small Moving Forward
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:05 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
danzag wrote:
It's all about the matchups

this

Vogel has found a “small” lineup that works well against Houston w/ Morris. Matchup wise it souls be more favorable against Clippers as well than a McGee or Dwight lineup, though i wouldn’t mind seeing either on the floor with Rondo, Who is good at finding them for lobs.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:39 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
MJST wrote:
danzag wrote:

this

Vogel has found a “small” lineup that works well against Houston w/ Morris. Matchup wise it souls be more favorable against Clippers as well than a McGee or Dwight lineup, though i wouldn’t mind seeing either on the floor with Rondo, Who is good at finding them for lobs.

Neither Montrezl nor Zubac are consistent spot up three of shooters like PJ, we can go big or ‘small’ On them
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:40 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
MJST wrote:
danzag wrote:

this

Neither Montrezl nor Zubac are consistent spot up three of shooters like PJ, we can go big or ‘small’ On them

Going small helps unclog the paint though
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:43 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
governator wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
MJST wrote:
danzag wrote:

this

Going small helps unclog the paint though

True, that’s Houston mantra except their ‘C’ can’t protect the paint like AD
StoicChalice392
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:08 pm    Post subject:

This needs a hard look. I really enjoyed the smaller ball attack. I think the defense we learned from it allowed it to fuel our offense better. Sort of putting higher octane fuel in your car vs regular fuel. We got a lot of open looks as a result.
StoicChalice392
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:20 pm    Post subject:

Houston probably going to sign the next Mozgov.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:53 pm    Post subject:

StoicChalice392 wrote:
This needs a hard look. I really enjoyed the smaller ball attack. I think the defense we learned from it allowed it to fuel our offense better. Sort of putting higher octane fuel in your car vs regular fuel. We got a lot of open looks as a result.

It will be interesting to see this. It’s like the rotation quickness of a small ball lineup with still size.

Lbj 6 8 ad 6 11 Morris 6 10 kcp 6 5? Dg 6 7 plus long arms.

That could be enough size to contest on the rim and fast enough to rotated shooters if need to double team.

If lbj needs to guard kawhi don’t need to double team. But they will try to get a screen and switch into kcp. Than you need to double team. You can also try to fast break against the clippers and avoid playing against their half court defense.
StoicChalice392
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:38 pm    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
StoicChalice392 wrote:

It will be interesting to see this. It’s like the rotation quickness of a small ball lineup with still size.

That could be enough size to contest on the rim and fast enough to rotated shooters if need to double team.

If lbj needs to guard kawhi don’t need to double team. But they will try to get a screen and switch into kcp. Than you need to double team. You can also try to fast break against the clippers and avoid playing against their half court defense.

Agree. But then again, we were able to cheat off of Westbrook for obvious reasons allowing his man to double.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:05 pm    Post subject:

StoicChalice392 wrote:
lar9149 wrote:
StoicChalice392 wrote:

Agree. But then again, we were able to cheat off of Westbrook for obvious reasons allowing his man to double.

Yes indeed. The clippers got different kind of 3 Point shooters too Like pg can just shoot the 3 over a smaller man closing out on him.

Harrell doesn’t have an outside shoot so in theory you can try to use that against them, but the danger with him is his lob and rebound potential. Sometimes where you are rotating to shooters guys like that will plant themselves next to the rim waiting for lob. Dwight has done it to plenty of teams.
StoicChalice392
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:56 pm    Post subject:

Seeing the other Morris brother struggle against the Joker makes me lean toward going back to the old lineup
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:03 pm    Post subject:

If we play Denver, we have to go big, you don’t want AD guarding joker all the time
Clippers is debatable, but I am leaning toward tradition lineups
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:32 pm    Post subject:

Combined McGee and Howard played 35 out of 48 available minutes per game at center during the regular season. I'd play both in the WCF but reduce their combined court time closer to 25 mpg.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:12 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Combined McGee and Howard played 35 out of 48 available minutes per game at center during the regular season. I'd play both in the WCF but reduce their combined court time closer to 25 mpg.

I think we should go small against the Clips especially on closing out games. I like the way the Denver has been exposing them with the spread out offense especially the last 2 games. Jokic sees the floor better. Slashers can cut in the unclog lane and shooters in both corners have been getting better looks. Doc keep calling timeouts and never failed to adjust. They keep biting Kawhi to come out and attack Murray but Jokic stepped up . But we need to attack Beverley from the beginning . He’s setting the tone for them defensively.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:18 pm    Post subject:

It's not a small lineup, it's a skill lineup.

LBJ and AD are the cheat codes to those lineups.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:28 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
It's not a small lineup, it's a skill lineup.

LBJ and AD are the cheat codes to those lineups.

And we see what happens when you have another mobile 'big' like Morris playing well. It's basically unstoppable. NOH had a similar situation when Mirotic was balling next to Davis.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:35 pm    Post subject:

Whether we go "small" or "traditional" against the Clippers, we have to up-tempo the game and push the ball every time. In at least 3 of our regular season games against them, they made it a half court game and made LeBron look slow and unathletic.

Imo the Clippers are a better half court offensive team than us. If we get the scores above 115 we'll probably win the series.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:15 pm    Post subject:

(Moving this here from a less approp thread):

Just found out the Clips lost again. I didn't want that because I don't expect the Nuggs to win a G7 til I actually see it. I didn't want them getting to G7 before losing it. I wanted us to have fewer days of rest than we're gonna get because now we potentially go into "rust" territory. We haven't dealt with that very well. I think we had some in both G1s of the prior two. We're gonna need every win we can take as soon as possible against the Clipps. They may be weaker than we think, the Clipps. They may even go out in 5 to the Lakers, but you gotta treat em like they're 2000 Port and win every one of those games from the start onward that you can. Don't expect to halfass Gm1 with the intention to feel them out later in the series.

But I do think the Lakers should win it given the way they've been playing vs the way LAC has. However, they matchup well against us, or at least better than the Blazers/Rockets. Matchups can make a series tougher against one opp than it is against another. I'm not a Nervous Nellie vs LAC, I just want the Lakers to come correct from the opening tap onward this time.

And good luck to Denver in Gm7!
StoicChalice392
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:18 pm    Post subject:

This is a good problem to have. We can go both if needed.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:03 pm    Post subject:

Like they did against Houston, the doubling Harden strategy where it kept them guessing from half to half what we'd come out doing. We should use this against the Clippers imo but mixing up the small(er) and big lineup. It doesn't allow the Clippers to get comfortable and they're already having a very tough time after 6 games against the Nuggets with there defensive rotations and assignments.

Against the Nuggets though we need to play at least one of the bigs some minutes so we don't let Jokic get AD in possible foul trouble early on. Late in games though i'd love to see AD on him as I remember quite a few possessions in the regular season giving him some major problems on the defensive end which is something the Clippers are not consistently capable of. I think we're a nightmare matchup for the Nuggets especially if our role players are even remotely hitting shots like they were against the Rockets.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:49 am    Post subject:

I had a dream that Morris started at center in the next round.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:59 am    Post subject:

Still hoping to see a McGee, Howard, AD lineup.
We got to see the McGee + Howard lineup to close out Houston.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:17 am    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
I had a dream that Morris started at center in the next round.

::Nocturnal Emission::
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:17 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Still hoping to see a McGee, Howard, AD lineup.
We got to see the McGee + Howard lineup to close out Houston.

::Nocturnal Emission::
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:47 am    Post subject:

Against the Nuggets Vogel should start Howard, only play McGee against Plumlee, and get AD plenty of minutes against Jokic, especially in 4th Qs.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: