Goodbye TALEN HORTON-TUCKER Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 200, 201, 202  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:50 am    Post subject:

Laker4lifer4real wrote:
Phil Handy got to be proud. THT gonna surprise a lot of people the next few years, and hopefully more these next two rounds.

Hasn’t Tucker basically spent the entire season with Coby Karl and his staff? Not sure how much Handy worked with him, though he certainly could have.
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:54 am    Post subject:

Whoops hope this extended rest for the team doesn't give Vogel any ideas to deactivate THT just because Waiters may be recovered from injury. INSTEAD PLEASE BOUNCE JR FROM THE ACTIVE ROSTER!
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:09 pm    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
CRoost wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Agreed Alex is a great get for a non-drafted guy. THT seems like he may become a rotation player as well, but I will wait until I see him in regular minutes.

We definitely need to keep looking for players like this. Hopefully some wing projects - as we could use a guy that does what Danny Green does, only a little more athletic.

Juan Hernangomez
Dragan Bender
Harry Giles
Josh Jackson
Konchar
Jordan McLauglin

Young guys I would target

If LAL is smart, they'll get Konchar on a longer term contract.

Never seen him but I can go with your assessment.

I like Josh Jackson though. I feel like he’s a good project that will thrive in a better environment especially with veterans around him that he could look up to and listened.

I like Jackson's attitude, but I'm reluctant on a perimeter player that doesn't draw shooting gravity.

Like, for the rest of his career, he'll be treated Rondo-ish behind the arc.

I believe he can work on his 3 ball. It’s not like he’s reluctant, he’s launching them at least 3 a game this year. I remember how Ariza developed that part of the game in one season. Or he could be the next Corey Brewer, a dependable wing defender at least. We need wing defender as Lebron will be coasting again in regular season.

Except Ariza had a better form and basically used Kobe's shooting bible.

Josh already adjusted at least 2x since his rookie year and still hasn't gotten consistent results.

Josh Jackson isn't worth risking FA 2021.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:28 pm    Post subject:

This kid has something - you can tell immediately with some guys. He has a bounce and energy to his step, ability to get where he wants to on the floor and that length defensively is something you can't teach. It says something that he can just step right in playoff games and produce, and not just in garbage time but in actual meaningful parts of games. This extended COVID break also gave him more time to mature than your typical rookie.

If Vogel is smart he will keep finding ways to get him some spot minutes here and there. Seems to uplift the entire team whenever he does anything.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:04 am    Post subject:

He'll be in the rotation next year for sure. A 19 year old getting some non-garbage time minutes in a playoffs? Yeah, he's going to get some regular minutes next season.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:20 am    Post subject:

You guys love THT more than you ever loved DLO, BI, or Clarkson. With that said, I hope we develop this kid the right way.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:42 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
You guys love THT more than you ever loved DLO, BI, or Clarkson. With that said, I hope we develop this kid the right way.

The draft position has something to do with that. The honeymoon with Clarkson was the same. We love diamonds in the rough, but only for so long, then we start to complain about them when they don't improve after a few years. THT got more skills than Clarkson though, and his reach gives him tremendous upside on the defensive end.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:44 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

The draft position has something to do with that. The honeymoon with Clarkson was the same. We love diamonds in the rough, but only for so long, then we start to complain about them when they don't improve after a few years. THT got more skills than Clarkson though, and his reach gives him tremendous upside on the defensive end.

His age, wingspan, and scoring abilities are all huge positives!
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:25 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Yup. It's rooting for the underdog.

It's easier to get excited about a second round pick like a Kuzma who does better than expected than it is about a #2 overall pick who doesn't become a star right away.

But fans also get excited about a player who has shown a little potential but hasn't played much because he hasn't done anything to disappoint you yet.

With THT, he's still at the stage where he has played so little that fans can fantacize that he'll turn into an all-star.

I can think of a lot of guys who have come and gone that were briefly at that stage. We'll see what happens with THT.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:26 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
CRoost wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
CRoost wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Agreed Alex is a great get for a non-drafted guy. THT seems like he may become a rotation player as well, but I will wait until I see him in regular minutes.

We definitely need to keep looking for players like this. Hopefully some wing projects - as we could use a guy that does what Danny Green does, only a little more athletic.

Juan Hernangomez
Dragan Bender
Harry Giles
Josh Jackson
Konchar
Jordan McLauglin

Young guys I would target

If LAL is smart, they'll get Konchar on a longer term contract.

Never seen him but I can go with your assessment.

I like Josh Jackson though. I feel like he’s a good project that will thrive in a better environment especially with veterans around him that he could look up to and listened.

I like Jackson's attitude, but I'm reluctant on a perimeter player that doesn't draw shooting gravity.

Like, for the rest of his career, he'll be treated Rondo-ish behind the arc.

I believe he can work on his 3 ball. It’s not like he’s reluctant, he’s launching them at least 3 a game this year. I remember how Ariza developed that part of the game in one season. Or he could be the next Corey Brewer, a dependable wing defender at least. We need wing defender as Lebron will be coasting again in regular season.

Except Ariza had a better form and basically used Kobe's shooting bible.

Josh already adjusted at least 2x since his rookie year and still hasn't gotten consistent results.

Josh Jackson isn't worth risking FA 2021.

I don’t think Jackson will be costly. We might put a team option after a year too. His elite athleticism is intriguing and even with an awkward form, guys like Marion can be a decent shooter. He’s a good project if we win it all.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:54 am    Post subject:

^I don't consider Jackson an elite athlete. Definitely a project.

scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:04 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

It's easier to get excited about a second round pick like a Kuzma who does better than expected than it is about a #2 overall pick who doesn't become a star right away.

But fans also get excited about a player who has shown a little potential but hasn't played much because he hasn't done anything to disappoint you yet.

With THT, he's still at the stage where he has played so little that fans can fantacize that he'll turn into an all-star.

I can think of a lot of guys who have come and gone that were briefly at that stage. We'll see what happens with THT.
Heck, I never seen the announcers get so excited about a young player. Then again, BI, Dlo, Nall, etc. didn't play in the playoffs with us either.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:23 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:

There's also no other young guys on the roster besides him so there aren't any LG factions pitting rookie contract guys against one another.

Last edited by Baron Von Humongous on Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:24 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

There's also no other young guys on the roster besides him so there aren't any factions pitting rookie contract guys against one another.

Imagine being hyped on the young players and all of the aforementioned players found NBA level success.

DLO All Star.
BI 20ppg guy and still young.
JC 2nd rounder that's a top tier 6th man.

defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:38 am    Post subject:

We trying to win a championship! No time to worry about developing players of the past.
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:26 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

A very well written response.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:08 pm    Post subject:

Annihilator wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

A very well written response.

Thank you!
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:37 pm    Post subject:

In previous years people were split up into "camps". DLos camp, BIs camp, Zos camp, Randle's camp, Kuz's ... little camp. Now there's really only one or two, there are no rivals.

Also THT looks special so there's that too
Intlakeshow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:35 pm    Post subject:

THT is balling out in the summer league.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:42 pm    Post subject:

Does he become a starter? Or bench player by year 3?
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:23 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:

KCP gone, Bradley gone, Waiters gone, Rondo gone, Lebron maybe goes the Tom Brady route and keeps going. If he’s here with improved shooting and his intangibles on D, I believe he starts. THT can drive and score from the top of the key at will. If he gets his 3 ball to Luka level, what you gonna do to stop him?
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:30 pm    Post subject:

Laker4lifer4real wrote:
epic_ wrote:

KCP gone, Bradley gone, Waiters gone, Rondo gone, Lebron maybe goes the Tom Brady route and keeps going. If he’s here with improved shooting and his intangibles on D, I believe he starts. THT can drive and score from the top of the key at will. If he gets his 3 ball to Luka level, what you gonna do to stop him?

What are these assumptions based on?
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:33 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Laker4lifer4real wrote:
epic_ wrote:

Year three, so after next year contracts off the books, speculation, but possible...
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:01 pm    Post subject:

h2omike wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Laker4lifer4real wrote:
epic_ wrote:

Year three, so after next year contracts off the books, speculation, but possible...

Yeah, i would hope that we're not still bringing Rondo back AFTER next season.

But KCP? We are paying that tax as long as at least one major Klutch client is here. With the NBA salary cap likely trending nowhere but down over the next few years, no one will be paying KCP more than what RP can squeeze out of us.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:33 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
We trying to win a championship! No time to worry about developing players of the past.

The best teams do both
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 200, 201, 202  Next
Page 54 of 202
Jump to: