Zo Signs With Klutch Sports
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:48 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
I wouldn’t mind Lonzo coming back, he would work well with our bigs.

My list of young core I’d like to see back.

1) Ingram
2) DLO or Ball
3) Clarkson or Nance Jr
4) T Bryant
5) Bonga

Someone is coming back at some point. Clarkson most likely.

i dont ever see BI coming here...
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:50 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

There's a reason why the NOP front office and fan base don't want him back. I would mind if Lonzo came back.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:01 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

There's a reason why the NOP front office and fan base don't want him back. I would mind if Lonzo came back.

If we can get him without overpaying it doesn’t hurt to take the chance.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:08 am    Post subject:

It's too bad he let his narc daddy ruin his career. He'd be in a much better place if not for that blowhard.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:27 am    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
It's too bad he let his narc daddy ruin his career. He'd be in a much better place if not for that blowhard.

I definitely agree, Lavar Ball kept putting pressure on Lonzo and he couldn’t do what his dad expected out of him, if he kept his mouth shut Ball would be a much better player then he has shown.

Last edited by Inspector Gadget on Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:28 am    Post subject:

People are mad that Zo probably has the right agency/mentorship to be under now?

Ok.

I'll just think about a Lonzo/Caruso defensive backcourt in the meantime.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:30 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
People are mad that Zo probably has the right agency/mentorship to be under now?

Ok.

Oh I agree Mike, Klutch and the Lakers will help him much better then what the Pelicans did this year, plus we have better leadership right now as opposed to when he was here.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:32 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:

Ok.

what are we giivng up to get Lonzo?
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:34 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

Ok.

If LAL and NOP are going to do a trade, they'll probably want veteran leadership in return, and the way they feel about Zo hasn't helped his value.

defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:35 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
I say this every time Zo is brought up.

He shot below 30% between 3 feet from the basket and the 3PT line this year.
He is easy to guard in the 1/2 court because his offensive game is so limited and predictable.
He's afraid of drawing shooting fouls because his career best single season FT% is 56%. Thus he averages 1 FT attempt a game. Despite playing 32 MPG. We still have another season of Caruso under 3 mill next year. Whatever Lonzo costs, I'd rather spend it elsewhere.

I love his high energy unselfish style but I have to agree. Unless he gets that FT percentage up, he is a liability. You cannot shoot under 70 percent as a PG with a suspect shot and limited half court play making. Then there is the issue of his salary which wont be cheap because he still has upside.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:36 am    Post subject:

I want LaMelo!
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:39 am    Post subject:

Let’s not forget guys, LeBron really respected Lonzo when they both played together and I’m pretty sure LeBron still speaks highly of him, I think with Zo signing with Klutch there is a 45% chance he becomes a Laker.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:41 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
kikanga wrote:
I say this every time Zo is brought up.

He shot below 30% between 3 feet from the basket and the 3PT line this year.
He is easy to guard in the 1/2 court because his offensive game is so limited and predictable.
He's afraid of drawing shooting fouls because his career best single season FT% is 56%. Thus he averages 1 FT attempt a game. Despite playing 32 MPG. We still have another season of Caruso under 3 mill next year. Whatever Lonzo costs, I'd rather spend it elsewhere.

I love his high energy unselfish style but I have to agree. Unless he gets that FT percentage up, he is a liability. You cannot shoot under 70 percent as a PG with a suspect shot and limited half court play making. Then there is the issue of his salary which wont be cheap because he still has upside.

I disagree about the FT shooting being so important. It's important if he gets to the line a lot, but he doesn't.

Also,, layups and 3s are the modern game. Floater shooting percentages aren't that great either. You're not relying on him to create shots in those mid-range areas, so I don't see as much relevance in him shooting 24.6% from 3'-10', especially when 8.3% of his total shot attempts are in that area.

So basically, you're lucky if you even see him attempt that shot just once a game.

Also, Rondo is easy to guard in the halfcourt. At least Zo actually draws 3pt gravity, and has a really good knack of making PFs with diverse skill sets look good. That goes from TJ Leaf, to Kuzma.

But, AD? Okay.

All we're really looking for is positive impact. Bonus, if he's unselfish, can provide gravity, and be 2-way, which is basically the prerequisite of current LAL role players.

He can do all that. The difference is, he has youth and upside left to unravel compared to the other vets.

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:55 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
I disagree about the FT shooting being so important. It's important if he gets to the line a lot, but he doesn't.

Also,, layups and 3s are the modern game. Floater shooting percentages aren't that great either. You're not relying on him to create shots in those mid-range areas, so I don't see as much relevance in him shooting 24.6% from 3'-10', especially when 8.3% of his total shot attempts are in that area.

So basically, you're lucky if you even see him attempt that shot just once a game.

Also, Rondo is easy to guard in the halfcourt. At least Zo actually draws 3pt gravity, and has a really good knack of making PFs with diverse skill sets look good. That goes from TJ Leaf, to Kuzma.

But, AD? Okay.

All we're really looking for is positive impact. Bonus, if he's unselfish, can provide gravity, and be 2-way, which is basically the prerequisite of current LAL role players.

He can do all that. The difference is, he has youth and upside left to unravel compared to the other vets.

20% of his shots he took between 3' and the 3PT line this year. Approximately the same % he took from within 3'. So when he shoot's below 30% in that HUGE range of the court (3' to the 3PT line). His FG% is gonna end up being 40% on the year.

It's a problem that all he offers scoring wise is fastbreak layups and 3pt heaves. I admit he improved alot to hit 37% from 3. But that is pretty much the only way he scores in the halfcourt. Because, again, he avoids the FT line like the plague.

Heaven forbid we sign him, and he regresses back to his career average of 34% from 3. He could drop below 40% from the field.

Last edited by kikanga on Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:58 am; edited 2 times in total
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:55 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

Ok.

If LAL and NOP are going to do a trade, they'll probably want veteran leadership in return, and the way they feel about Zo hasn't helped his value.

so avery/mcgee for zo?

Favors is ufa and will get paid
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:03 am    Post subject:

The Lonzo love continues around here. Yuck.
Yes he can pass the ball and defend on occasion but unless he comes for the minimum, no thanks.

Lakers needs shooters....not dudes that can't shoot a lick....Lonzo is a terrible shooter.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:04 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
The Lonzo love continues around here. Yuck.
Yes he can pass the ball and defend on occasion but unless he comes for the minimum, no thanks.

Lakers needs shooters....not dudes that can't shoot a lick....Lonzo is a terrible shooter.

and avery bradley is just that. horrible shooter then lonzo
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:12 am    Post subject:

I'd like to have him back, but I can't see it happening.

One thing I know: in hiring an agent that caused so much trouble for NOP, he clearly wants out.
Ksig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:13 am    Post subject:

Lonzo ball would not be getting 6.3 3pt attempts on this team; thats 1.5 more than DG gets and they shoot roughly the same percentage. Please no to the lonzo experiment. This team is championship ready and we dont need another offensively challenged guard who shoots FTs like shaq. We already have guards who can play better defense.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:18 am    Post subject:

Ksig wrote:
Lonzo ball would not be getting 6.3 3pt attempts on this team; thats 1.5 more than DG gets and they shoot roughly the same percentage. Please no to the lonzo experiment. This team is championship ready and we dont need another offensively challenged guard who shoots FTs like shaq. We already have guards who can play better defense.

the only difference is we saw all season Avery gets those wide open looks but passes out of it
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:21 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

But, AD? Okay.

20% of his shots he took between 3' and the 3PT line this year. Approximately the same % he took from within 3'. So when he shoot's below 30% in that HUGE range of the court (3' to the 3PT line). His FG% is gonna end up being 40% on the year.

It's a problem that all he offers scoring wise is fastbreak layups and 3pt heaves. I admit he improved alot to hit 37% from 3. But that is pretty much the only way he scores in the halfcourt. Because, again, he avoids the FT line like the plague.

Heaven forbid we sign him, and he regresses back to his career average of 34% from 3. He could drop below 40% from the field.

Why are you relying on him to be such a scoring option, when that's not his role? But the shots he would take as a Laker, are exactly the ones that are highest percentage, most frequency, and the same shots the current Lakers take?

When was the last time you saw KCP, Danny Green, Kyle Kuzma at the FT line?

In fact, look at the FTr of the current Lakers. Rondo, Kuzma, Green, KCP, etc.
https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/LAL/2020.html

Now look at the playoff FTr.

Like, I don't think Zo is going to be a Laker. It gets in the way of a 2021 cap space plan.

But, if you're asking me if there's a better prospect with upside LAL could get without giving up a ton of assets? It's not going to get much better.

Criticizing Zo, about scoring and shot types, which isn't what LAL would rely on him for, doesn't seem to be a big deal when there's basically 5 other guys with relatively similar FTr, 3ptR, etc.

For being on such a losing team, if you count advanced stats, he'd be the 3rd most impactful player by VORP, and 4th by overall BPM, despite his shooting.

We pay Danny Green 15mil. for that kind of impact. So, Zo isn't worth 10?

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:29 am    Post subject:

Yeah, lots of issues preventing Zo from coming back.

2021 plan.
Lack of assets to trade for him.

IMO, biggest issue is ZO may want to play with his brother.

I still believe in Zo, but doubt it happens.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:36 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Yeah, lots of issues preventing Zo from coming back.

2021 plan.
Lack of assets to trade for him.

IMO, biggest issue is ZO may want to play with his brother.

I still believe in Zo, but doubt it happens.

we have the assets.
2021 plan depends on if Giannis signs the supermax. nobody else worth it.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:47 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

But, AD? Okay.

Why are you relying on him to be such a scoring option, when that's not his role? But the shots he would take as a Laker, are exactly the ones that are highest percentage, most frequency, and the same shots the current Lakers take?

Like, I don't think Zo is going to be a Laker. It gets in the way of a 2021 cap space plan.

But, if you're asking me if there's a better prospect with upside LAL could get without giving up a ton of assets? It's not going to get much better.

Criticizing Zo, about scoring and shot types, which isn't what LAL would rely on him for, doesn't seem to be a big deal when there's basically 5 other guys with relatively similar FTr, 3ptR, etc.

For being on such a losing team, if you count advanced stats, he'd be the 3rd most impactful player by VORP, and 4th by overall BPM, despite his shooting.

I think there’s a disconnect when it comes to Zo. If a team just let him do what he does best , you have a role player that can have a great impact. For our team, you easily replace Bradley for him and I can see that happening.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:54 am    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

But, AD? Okay.

I think there’s a disconnect when it comes to Zo. If a team just let him do what he does best , you have a role player that can have a great impact. For our team, you easily replace Bradley for him and I can see that happening.

Well put.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 3 of 12
Jump to: