The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1446, 1447, 1448 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:55 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
The Lebron/AD bromance is very cute. I don't think KBJ has gotten along with a star teammate this well since DWade.

Unlike Dwade, being the #2 didn't sit well with Kyrie.
AD seems OK with being #2 for now.
Especially since this is the furthest he's gone in the playoffs.
πŸ’œπŸ’› πŸ† πŸ‘€ πŸ– #18!!!
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:33 pm    Post subject:

ksmgf wrote:
11 of 17 seasons at least reaching the ECF/WCF.

The King

We are spoiled. Magic made it to the finals 9 out of 12 times (no I'm not counting his brief appearance in 95-96).

Then we had Kobe who made 7 Finals and won 5.

Insanity the success of this team.
PinoyLBJFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:52 pm    Post subject:

I just can't imagine what would #SkipBayless would say to LBJ if it was the lakers that blew the 15+ point lead 2times. This guy continuously to annoy and make my day at the same time.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:22 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
The Lebron/AD bromance is very cute. I don't think KBJ has gotten along with a star teammate this well since DWade.

I don’t think that Wade was the #2 initially in Miami.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:34 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
epic_ wrote:

Correct. Compared to his other seasons, Lebron had a very low usage rate that first year with Miami.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:07 am    Post subject:

PinoyLBJFan wrote:
I just can't imagine what would #SkipBayless would say to LBJ if it was the lakers that blew the 15+ point lead 2times. This guy continuously to annoy and make my day at the same time.

He said he expects the Clippers to lose tomorrow, and he will then congratulate LeBron on winning his next championship
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:17 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
PinoyLBJFan wrote:

He said he expects the Clippers to lose tomorrow, and he will then congratulate LeBron on winning his next championship

Classic Skip, overplaying the Lakers odd's to make Lebron more susceptible to criticism. He did this with the MVP race. Even with Giannis heavily favored, he said it's Lebron's to lose.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:20 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:

Yeah what will be interesting is, can LBJ really ever function as a #2.

It didn't really work in MIA until he became the clear alpha, and even if he came into this year thinking AD would be the alpha he quickly took over a few weeks into the season.

I don't think he has been a #2 his entire playing career probably going back to grade school.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:40 am    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
PinoyLBJFan wrote:

Classic Skip, overplaying the Lakers odd's to make Lebron more susceptible to criticism. He did this with the MVP race. Even with Giannis heavily favored, he said it's Lebron's to lose.

Skip is the only reason I was neutral towards Lebron before he became a laker. The stuff he says is ridiculous...and it’s getting worse.

Today on undisputed he said congratulations to Lebron for his 4th title! It’s gonna be a cakewalk beating Denver and whoever is in the East because they are g-league level

He doesn’t realize he’s bashing Kawhi and Giannis in the process. He will throw anyone and everyone under the bus to diminish ANYTHING Lebron does while hyping up Any mistake Lebron makes.

He also said Daniel House not playing was a big reason Rockets lost and Rondo saved our season in the 4th quarter of the 2nd game

I want to win so bad just to see him meltdown on national tv with Shannon rubbing it in....it will be glorious. I know he’s a troll but it’s getting utterly ridiculous at this point
strong9
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:36 pm    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
PinoyLBJFan wrote:

Skip is the only reason I was neutral towards Lebron before he became a laker. The stuff he says is ridiculous...and it’s getting worse.

Today on undisputed he said congratulations to Lebron for his 4th title! It’s gonna be a cakewalk beating Denver and whoever is in the East because they are g-league level

He doesn’t realize he’s bashing Kawhi and Giannis in the process. He will throw anyone and everyone under the bus to diminish ANYTHING Lebron does while hyping up Any mistake Lebron makes.

He also said Daniel House not playing was a big reason Rockets lost and Rondo saved our season in the 4th quarter of the 2nd game

I want to win so bad just to see him meltdown on national tv with Shannon rubbing it in....it will be glorious. I know he’s a troll but it’s getting utterly ridiculous at this point

He isn't worth the time. He is a troll that says things for clicks. He most recent comments on Dak were atrocious.
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:16 pm    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:

I just looked up Danuel House's RPM. It took forever to find because he wasn't on the first page of sf's. He also wasn't on the second page. I finally found him right next to the bottom of the last page. His RPM score was -5.51. Out of 100 sf's, he was ranked #99 (link). Whenever House was on the court, not only was Houston scoring fewer points, the opposition was scoring more.

RPM isn't perfect but reasonably good players who are the obvious difference between winning and losing don't get scores that low.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:37 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
epic_ wrote:

Correct. Compared to his other seasons, Lebron had a very low usage rate that first year with Miami.

That's why they didn't win till year 2. When wade finally knew his role.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:41 pm    Post subject:

BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
epic_ wrote:

It didn't really work in MIA until he became the clear alpha, and even if he came into this year thinking AD would be the alpha he quickly took over a few weeks into the season.

I don't think he has been a #2 his entire playing career probably going back to grade school.

It's gonna be real interesting.
We have to see his skill set deteriorate first. Or his impact noticeably go down before we even want him to be a #2. But the fact that he doesn't mind deferring, I think he can adjust.

He deferred at times to Kyrie. I think if someone can grab the bull by the horns and succeed, LeBron would be Ok with giving up some control.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:30 pm    Post subject:

I think LeBron will always be the leader as long as he plays. He will be fine deferring as long as he is still the best at certain aspects of the game (facilitating, for example).
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:54 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
epic_ wrote:

It's gonna be real interesting.
We have to see his skill set deteriorate first. Or his impact noticeably go down before we even want him to be a #2. But the fact that he doesn't mind deferring, I think he can adjust.

He deferred at times to Kyrie. I think if someone can grab the bull by the horns and succeed, LeBron would be Ok with giving up some control.

I don't think Lebron has to "defer" to AD the way he did Wade and Kyrie, since they'd all the want the ball in Need a Bucket Here situations and AD needs someone like Lebron to create most of his baskets for him.

And yet, I can actually see AD winning the Finals MVP if he keeps defending the way he does.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:42 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
epic_ wrote:

During the regular season, Lebron had his normal usage rate. In their first three years together, Lebron and Wade had roughly the same usage rate.

The issue was the first year Lebron's usage rate dropped in the playoffs, while Wade's stayed more or less equal to his regular season rate+.

I don't know if the issue was Wade not "knowing his role," as much as Lebron being surprisingly passive and unengaged in his first playoffs with the Heat.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:02 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
epic_ wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
epic_ wrote:

During the regular season, Lebron had his normal usage rate. In their first three years together, Lebron and Wade had roughly the same usage rate.

The issue was the first year Lebron's usage rate dropped in the playoffs, while Wade's stayed more or less equal to his regular season rate+.

I don't know if the issue was Wade not "knowing his role," as much as Lebron being surprisingly passive and unengaged in his first playoffs with the Heat.

It's been long reported that in the first year there was no "alpha" so to speak and Wade and Lebron would "take turns" to initiate the offense and that this just didn't work (your turn, my turn, your turn, my turn)
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:12 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
activeverb wrote:
epic_ wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
epic_ wrote:

It's been long reported that in the first year there was no "alpha" so to speak and Wade and Lebron would "take turns" to initiate the offense and that this just didn't work (your turn, my turn, your turn, my turn)

They stumbled badly out of the gate, and then seemed to find their form.. They cruised easily through the first three rounds of the playoffs.

In the finals, Lebron just got flummoxed by the Mavericks zone and he was afraid to shoot.

I out that first year failure on Lebron more so than Wade.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:17 pm    Post subject:

^ great points guys. Thanks.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:23 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
drae wrote:
activeverb wrote:
epic_ wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
epic_ wrote:

They stumbled badly out of the gate, and then seemed to find their form.. They cruised easily through the first three rounds of the playoffs.

In the finals, Lebron just got flummoxed by the Mavericks zone and he was afraid to shoot.

I'll never make sense of that Mavs run or why Lebron didn't impose his will in the Finals. If you go back and watch Lebron's playoff run in 2009, it makes you wonder how any defense could contain him during that stretch, or at least keep him from the line. His usage rate in those playoffs, and specifically in the Finals, was that of a high volume role player. Shame they wasted that year since that was the last time Wade was a top 7 player in the league.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:34 am    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
activeverb wrote:
drae wrote:
activeverb wrote:
epic_ wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
epic_ wrote:

I'll never make sense of that Mavs run or why Lebron didn't impose his will in the Finals. If you go back and watch Lebron's playoff run in 2009, it makes you wonder how any defense could contain him during that stretch, or at least keep him from the line. His usage rate in those playoffs, and specifically in the Finals, was that of a high volume role player. Shame they wasted that year since that was the last time Wade was a top 7 player in the league.

I will never understand what the hell happened to Pau. If Pau was his normal self, that series is 2-2 headed to game 5 in LA. The one team that should not have been able to expose our aging roster instead eviscerated us.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:21 am    Post subject:

But Kobe had no more cartilage in his knee or something no?
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:35 pm    Post subject:

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2020/9/16/21439315/los-angeles-clippers-game-7-kawhi-leonard

Kevin O'Connor sounds mad. He must have had some big money on the Clips. Haha. But one of the best things from the article:

Quote:
I don’t ever want to hear anyone argue that Kawhi is better than LeBron again.

Ya hear that, LG?
JamezAmp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:40 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
https://www.theringer.com/nba/2020/9/16/21439315/los-angeles-clippers-game-7-kawhi-leonard

Kevin O'Connor sounds mad. He must have had some big money on the Clips. Haha. But one of the best things from the article:

Quote:

Ya hear that, LG?

Anyone who ever thought this clown was better than LeBron simply knows nothing about basketball. They should stop watching sports all together.
Shalashaska
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:08 am    Post subject:

JamezAmp wrote:
epic_ wrote:

Quote:

Ya hear that, LG?

Anyone who ever thought this clown was better than LeBron simply knows nothing about basketball. They should stop watching sports all together.

The conversation should end tonight. Kwahi got a lucky ring last year against a devastated GSW team. He is no where near the leader and floor general that LBJ is. Time to put this non-starter to bed for good. Talk about "leadership"? Think LeBron let's his teams collapse like that for three straight games at this stage in his career? Kwahi is a great player (after this series I'd say even top-5 is stretching, but he's close), but he shouldnt be in the same discussion ever again until he proves otherwise.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1446, 1447, 1448 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 1447 of 2079
Jump to: