Do Any of You Think...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:43 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
It’s really as simple as Kawhi wanted to play for an LA team, but as soon as LBJ became a Laker it eliminated the Lakers as a choice.

Kawhi was choosing the Clippers even if it wasn’t PG. They would have kept going down the line for trades. Maybe Beal was the next choice...

Why didn’t he want to play with LeBron? I thought Kawhi was supposedly humble and doesn’t care about being the center of attention or leader.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:52 pm    Post subject:

We have the best player in the world. Quite possibly the GOAT. I’m not worried about a discount store Kobe who just happens to be at the right place at the right time.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:21 pm    Post subject:

I dont think about Kawhi because its history and cannot be changed.

What I am thinking recently is the possibility that we win the chip this year and this can be turning point for Giannis chase. If we win the chip and obviously AD will be integral part of it this can be clear sign for Giannis where to go. To join and play with AD would be unstoppable combination. Defensively and offensively. AD with the ring on his hand can easily attract Giannis to come. Behind his back he will have ring, Lakers organization, LA as biggest NBA market plus great coach who can use their defensive skills on even higher level.
Everyone wins here.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:21 am    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:
I dont think about Kawhi because its history and cannot be changed.

What I am thinking recently is the possibility that we win the chip this year and this can be turning point for Giannis chase. If we win the chip and obviously AD will be integral part of it this can be clear sign for Giannis where to go. To join and play with AD would be unstoppable combination. Defensively and offensively. AD with the ring on his hand can easily attract Giannis to come. Behind his back he will have ring, Lakers organization, LA as biggest NBA market plus great coach who can use their defensive skills on even higher level.
Everyone wins here.

Where did Lebron go? Kawhi didn’t want to be Lebron’s sidekick and I don’t see Giannis wanting to be either.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:56 am    Post subject: Re: Do Any of You Think...

The Nightbringer wrote:
....that Kawhi now regrets not signing with the Lakers?

It would've been a guaranteed chip this year, near-guaranteed repeat.

But now, his entire season is in hot water.

No, cause he has his own way of thinking...
thurloly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:54 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
No, he still wants to beat Lebron again.

This didn't age well.

Every players VF cheered (Harden and Kawhi) to go against Lebron was rocked hard out of playoff this year.
strong9
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:01 pm    Post subject:

thurloly wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
No, he still wants to beat Lebron again.

This didn't age well.

Every players VF cheered (Harden and Kawhi) to go against Lebron was rocked hard out of playoff this year.

Second time someone beat me to the punch! Is anyone in VLF wellness watch?
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:07 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
We have the best player in the world. Quite possibly the GOAT. I’m not worried about a discount store Kobe who just happens to be at the right place at the right time.

Kawhi isn’t even a discount store Kobe. He’s more like the homeless, “can I get a cigarette” Kobe.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:12 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Kawhi isn’t even a discount store Kobe. He’s more like the homeless, “can I get a cigarette” Kobe.

I was never a Kobe is perfect guy and definitely got on him (often unfairly in hindsight) over the years, but comparing anyone who takes games off for load management to Kobe is a disgrace. There is no comparison.

Kawhi is a damn good player, a future HOF guy and a star. He is not even close to the all time great status that Kobe, Lebron, Jordan, Magic etc have carved out for their careers. The entire narrative on making Kawhi > Lebron was comedy for me. Lebron is in his 17th year. The fact that he is even in the best player of the league convo is amazing.

I am happy that Kawhi and his load management went elsewhere. I think he's a great player, but load management is not my cup of team. And certainly Kobe would have never even considered it. Lets see how this Kawhi contract plays out for Clippers, let alone the Paul George one.

We sit in a pretty decent spot with cap space in 2021 and Lebron's contract coming up around then too. All while Lebron is still playing pretty damn well.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:20 pm    Post subject:

Well said AF and Wolf.

I always felt the same way.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:40 pm    Post subject:

He plays the same position as Lebron, both are ballhandlers. AD fits us better. I'm glad he passed us up just like how I'm glad Lue turned down our offer. Everything happened for a reason and it was because the Lakers was destined to win it all this year and build a new dynasty in the coming decade.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:48 pm    Post subject:

Thread Title: Do Any of You Think...(?)

Answer: Yes, all the time...!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: