2020 NBA Season Restart /NON LAKER RESTART GAMES
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 248, 249, 250 ... 274, 275, 276  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lordtrapula
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:18 pm    Post subject:

No accountability in the Clippers organization.

Doc will get heat but those players deserve blame too, all year long they refused to fix any of their bad habits.
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:21 pm    Post subject:

Way happy Clippers lost
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:30 pm    Post subject:

lordtrapula wrote:

Doc will get heat but those players deserve blame too, all year long they refused to fix any of their bad habits.

Doc should be fired. He failed to make adjustments everytime Denver exposed their defensive rotation. Those Clips thought they could just flip the switch anytime they want to like they have been there. LMAO.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:00 pm    Post subject:

Bol wrote:
Kawhi showed winning wasn't his top priority by choosing the Clippers instead of the Lakers or Raptors. Great player for sure but he's a soldier, not a leader. A soldier who sits out half the season by choice, that is. I also think he got way overrated for a championship run in Toronto that a) wasn't that impressive in retrospect when you look at the competition and b) was helped a lot by teammates who have now proven they're pretty damn good without him. And of course Paul George is just a choker, no surprise there. The team was just plain overrated the whole season. The play on the court didn't match the hype.

Not sure I would go that far on Kawhi. I think the clippers collectively just talked too much (bleep) and buckled under pressure. It’s not easy to perform when all eyes are on you. That’s why the Lakers are kings of LA and the NBA. They have been a successful franchise under the most pressure in the league.

Clippers can try to be LA all they want. They got a long way to go to understand succeeding under that type of pressure.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:11 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/unwrittenrul3s/status/1306127983053164544?s=21

After seeing this clippers defense play all season, I agree with this. Their defense was a paper tiger, but lots of holes on the court.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:32 pm    Post subject:

What a joyous night. Still on a major high. I hate the Clippers so much.
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:40 am    Post subject:

As someone who had posterior labral surgery last month... Along with really annoying bicep tendinitis. Like inflamed since mid March, if his body will not chill out with the inflammation, it's a pickle because you risk tearing the tendon with cortisone injections.

Basically if his quad tendon is as jacked as my bicep tendon, the dude is playing in pain and that leg is weak. And I bet it REALLY hurts after the game. He's never had arthroscopic surgery to address the issue? Seems crazy for such a high profile athlete.

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
Hey guys, was KL looking sluggish? I noticed last year too that when a series goes deep, he starts to look old. He looked old today. Bron 7 yrs older and in better shape.

Just my wild speculation but I think his chronic quad issue is more of a problem then he and the Clips reveal.

He is not as spry or laterally quick on defense this season. Seems to have times with no lift to his shot. And at the ends of multiple games he seems to be limping. A couple games ago after a loss they showed him walking along a ramp to the locker room and he was duck waking the whole way.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:47 am    Post subject:

I honestly didn't think Kawhi's quad would be a problem because of the 4 month layoff but yeah, he was limping. I wonder if we'll ever find out how bad it really is ... the Spurs probably know how bad it is though
lordtrapula
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:58 am    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
lordtrapula wrote:

Doc should be fired. He failed to make adjustments everytime Denver exposed their defensive rotation. Those Clips thought they could just flip the switch anytime they want to like they have been there. LMAO.

What a clown show, all that money, all that talk, only to be bounced in the semi's(again).

In their 50-year history Clippers have never made it to the WCF.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:12 am    Post subject:

drae wrote:
I honestly didn't think Kawhi's quad would be a problem because of the 4 month layoff but yeah, he was limping. I wonder if we'll ever find out how bad it really is ... the Spurs probably know how bad it is though

The West could end up being much improved next season and who knows if PG13 can hold up for an entire season as well. Will Kawhi try to play more to get better "chemistry" now and they might even need him more to simply make the Playoffs.

Def. a concern though for sure that will only increase every season he doesn't win. Ol' Patty's 5 year Clippers NBA takeover prediction is not aging well just like there best player

All this while that old asf over the hill #WashedJames looks 10 years younger then him and in the drivers seat for another deep run.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:50 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Problem with Clippers is that they never had a floor general to run that team. They had a bunch of 1on1 players that they were trying turn in to playmakers.

Yuuuuuuuup
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:54 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Bol wrote:
Kawhi showed winning wasn't his top priority by choosing the Clippers instead of the Lakers or Raptors. Great player for sure but he's a soldier, not a leader. A soldier who sits out half the season by choice, that is. I also think he got way overrated for a championship run in Toronto that a) wasn't that impressive in retrospect when you look at the competition and b) was helped a lot by teammates who have now proven they're pretty damn good without him. And of course Paul George is just a choker, no surprise there. The team was just plain overrated the whole season. The play on the court didn't match the hype.

Not sure I would go that far on Kawhi. I think the clippers collectively just talked too much (bleep) and buckled under pressure. It’s not easy to perform when all eyes are on you. That’s why the Lakers are kings of LA and the NBA. They have been a successful franchise under the most pressure in the league.

Clippers can try to be LA all they want. They got a long way to go to understand succeeding under that type of pressure.

Yeah, I'm not about to go in on Kawhi just yet given his career.

Paul George, PatBev, and LouWill are easy marks, though.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:22 am    Post subject:

Kawhi picked the WRONG side-kick. They should have kept CP3 because they need a point guard and a true LEADER.

"The Clippers Curse" is real!

Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:12 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Bol wrote:

I'm not from Southern California, so the Clippers are no different from any other team from my perspective. I don't encounter Clippers' fans or hear about the Clippers in the local media. The Clippers mean nothing to me. So when I see people writing off Kawhi Leonard, I sort of shrug. I'm more interested in the Nuggets than in talking trash about the Clippers.

Halfway through this series, Jokic and Malone were getting clowned in this thread. But playoffs are about matchups and adjustments. After going down 3-1 in the series, the Nuggets trailed at halftime in the next three games. Here are the margins in the second half of those three games:

67-49
64-35
50-33

The Nuggets didn't have a matchup advantage in this series, as shown by the fact that they went down 3-1. But they sure did seem to find some sort of adjustment that exposed the Clippers. Let's just hope that they don't find an adjustment like that against us.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:18 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:

<snip>

I'm not from Southern California, so the Clippers are no different from any other team from my perspective. I don't encounter Clippers' fans or hear about the Clippers in the local media. The Clippers mean nothing to me. So when I see people writing off Kawhi Leonard, I sort of shrug. I'm more interested in the Nuggets than in talking trash about the Clippers.

Halfway through this series, Jokic and Malone were getting clowned in this thread. But playoffs are about matchups and adjustments. After going down 3-1 in the series, the Nuggets trailed at halftime in the next three games. Here are the margins in the second half of those three games:

67-49
64-35
50-33

The Nuggets didn't have a matchup advantage in this series, as shown by the fact that they went down 3-1. But they sure did seem to find some sort of adjustment that exposed the Clippers. Let's just hope that they don't find an adjustment like that against us.

I too would like to hear from the basketball minds here what exactly did the Nuggets do differently in the second halves of 3 straight games? Yes, I've watched all 3 games and my basketball-eye is not good enough to discern if there was a scheme or strategy difference.
(Or is it more of what the Clippers did NOT do?)
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:57 am    Post subject:

Remaining coaches: Spo, Vogel, Stevens and Malone. Not a bad group.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:04 am    Post subject:

4th quarter stats

Kawhi Leonard
- 0 pts
- 0-5 FG
- 0-2 3PT
- 0-0 FT

Paul George
- 0 pts
- 0-6 FG
- 0-5 3PT
- 0-0 FT
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:08 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
4th quarter stats

Kawhi Leonard
- 0 pts
- 0-5 FG
- 0-2 3PT
- 0-0 FT

Paul George
- 0 pts
- 0-6 FG
- 0-5 3PT
- 0-0 FT

More!
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:29 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
danzag wrote:
4th quarter stats

Kawhi Leonard
- 0 pts
- 0-5 FG
- 0-2 3PT
- 0-0 FT

Paul George
- 0 pts
- 0-6 FG
- 0-5 3PT
- 0-0 FT

More!

epic...
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:32 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
4th quarter stats

Kawhi Leonard
- 0 pts
- 0-5 FG
- 0-2 3PT
- 0-0 FT

Paul George
- 0 pts
- 0-6 FG
- 0-5 3PT
- 0-0 FT

Brutal.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:31 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
4th quarter stats

Kawhi Leonard
- 0 pts
- 0-5 FG
- 0-2 3PT
- 0-0 FT

Paul George
- 0 pts
- 0-6 FG
- 0-5 3PT
- 0-0 FT

All zeros for the Snake and Playoff P with heart of a puppy. LMAO.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:34 am    Post subject:

Max Kellerman had the balls to say Kawhi is better than LeBron now, and he's more clutch than Kobe He should stick to boxing because he obviously doesn't know (bleep) about basketball!
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:36 am    Post subject:

This is when working from home is a problem. I can't look away from all the Clippers slander on ESPN and reddit.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:44 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
4th quarter stats

Kawhi Leonard
- 0 pts
- 0-5 FG
- 0-2 3PT
- 0-0 FT

Paul George
- 0 pts
- 0-6 FG
- 0-5 3PT
- 0-0 FT

I’m not saying I could do better...but I couldn’t do worse.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:01 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
danzag wrote:
4th quarter stats

Kawhi Leonard
- 0 pts
- 0-5 FG
- 0-2 3PT
- 0-0 FT

Paul George
- 0 pts
- 0-6 FG
- 0-5 3PT
- 0-0 FT

I’m not saying I could do better...but I couldn’t do worse.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 248, 249, 250 ... 274, 275, 276  Next
Page 249 of 276
Jump to: