The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1447, 1448, 1449 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:16 am    Post subject:

Shalashaska wrote:
JamezAmp wrote:
epic_ wrote:
https://www.theringer.com/nba/2020/9/16/21439315/los-angeles-clippers-game-7-kawhi-leonard

Kevin O'Connor sounds mad. He must have had some big money on the Clips. Haha. But one of the best things from the article:

Quote:
I don’t ever want to hear anyone argue that Kawhi is better than LeBron again.

Ya hear that, LG?

Anyone who ever thought this clown was better than LeBron simply knows nothing about basketball. They should stop watching sports all together.

The conversation should end tonight. Kwahi got a lucky ring last year against a devastated GSW team. He is no where near the leader and floor general that LBJ is. Time to put this non-starter to bed for good. Talk about "leadership"? Think LeBron let's his teams collapse like that for three straight games at this stage in his career? Kwahi is a great player (after this series I'd say even top-5 is stretching, but he's close), but he shouldnt be in the same discussion ever again until he proves otherwise.

He was carried to his first ring by other great players, and took 6 games to defeat the second string Warriors. Good player but probably the most overrated in the past 10 years
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:30 am    Post subject:

drae wrote:
Shalashaska wrote:
JamezAmp wrote:
epic_ wrote:
https://www.theringer.com/nba/2020/9/16/21439315/los-angeles-clippers-game-7-kawhi-leonard

Kevin O'Connor sounds mad. He must have had some big money on the Clips. Haha. But one of the best things from the article:

Quote:

Ya hear that, LG?

Anyone who ever thought this clown was better than LeBron simply knows nothing about basketball. They should stop watching sports all together.

The conversation should end tonight. Kwahi got a lucky ring last year against a devastated GSW team. He is no where near the leader and floor general that LBJ is. Time to put this non-starter to bed for good. Talk about "leadership"? Think LeBron let's his teams collapse like that for three straight games at this stage in his career? Kwahi is a great player (after this series I'd say even top-5 is stretching, but he's close), but he shouldnt be in the same discussion ever again until he proves otherwise.

He was carried to his first ring by other great players, and took 6 games to defeat the second string Warriors. Good player but probably the most overrated in the past 10 years

There's a metric (bleep)-ton of players like that. At any given moment, there's only 1 or 2...maybe 3 guys that you can call "the guy". The modern sports world wants to anoint every every mf'er to be "the guy". It's a joke.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:38 am    Post subject:

Shalashaska wrote:
JamezAmp wrote:
epic_ wrote:

Quote:

Ya hear that, LG?

Not going to lie, i've been shocked by how many people even on this board had Kawhi above Lebron and even up to a few days ago still did. Lebron is simply one of the most rounded NBA players we've ever seen. Also, people harped tf out of Kobe for not being a great leader those few years after Shaq left before he went on to become a great one with experience. Kawhi doesn't have this potential, he's a quiet dude and nothing wrong with that but to be an all time great you have to not only bring it yourself but be able to bring the best out of your teammates. I've seen him look disgusted at times but he rarely actually says anything to anyone (during games at least). You see guys like Lebron and CP3 especially in this years Playoffs constantly in all there teammates ears whether they are on the floor or the bench. On top of that I can promise you a lot of those guys were never excited about him missing so many games and that frustration is going to boil into next season.

I think Kawhi is still way up there though. In Baseball terms even though i'm not much of a fan I think Kawhi is more of an all-time elite closer then he is an actual full game rotation pitcher. If that makes sense? In Lebron's words "He's just built different" and that can be a good or bad thing. When there's no other leadership on the team it can be an awful thing.

You look at both teams he won a Championship with and he rarely took over entire games himself. With San Antonio that Finals MVP could have literally went too 2-3 other guys and nobody at the time would have had a single problem with it. He still deserved it but was not the clear cut choice. With the Raptors he was obviously the clear cut best player but he also had a great roster behind him with some of the best luck any underdog team had in Finals history meaning the horrible injury luck the Warriors had. Kind of reminds me (to a much lesser extent obviously) when Jordan left the Bulls and many expected a massive drop off yet they nearly made it all the way back again without him.

He still deserves credit for those 2 championships and he's an all time great talent but ever since that Toronto run people have massively overrated him when talking about him possibly passing Kobe or Lebron all time. He's simply not at that tier of all time great players imo and never will be.
Leif
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:47 am    Post subject:

LeBron already has more WCF appearances than the Clips, and it only took two years.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:01 am    Post subject:

Leif wrote:
LeBron already has more WCF appearances than the Clips, and it only took two years.

PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:40 am    Post subject:

Kawhi was awesome in game 5, did everything he could to prevent them from losing that lead. 36/9/4 on 12-24, and did most of his damage in the 2nd half.

But when his team started to struggle offensively, he couldn't get to his spots or hit his shots in the last two games. Lebron dropped 34/9/9 over 22 playoff games, averaging 42+ min a game. Led a Cavs team to the finals that was 14th in regular season net rating.

Even though Kawhi is in his prime, he's just not Lebron. I still trust him more than Giannis and Harden, but he's no Lebron.

Last edited by PenG_ on Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:46 am; edited 1 time in total
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:45 am    Post subject:

James has really clamped down late in games, holding opponents to 27% shooting from the field as their primary defender in the fourth quarter of playoff games.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:03 am    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
Kawhi was awesome in game 5, did everything he could to prevent them from losing that lead. 36/9/4 on 12-24, and did most of his damage in the 2nd half.

But when his team started to struggle offensively, he couldn't get to his spots or hit his shots in the last two games. Lebron dropped 34/9/9 over 22 playoff games, averaging 42+ min a game. Led a Cavs team to the finals that was 14th in regular season net rating.

Even though Kawhi is in his prime, he's just not Lebron. I still trust him more than Giannis and Harden, but he's no Lebron.

Kawhi really needs a point guard to get him a few easy shots per game.

PG13 for CP3?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:10 am    Post subject:

James is the complete package on both sides of the ball. He is a one man force multiplier. And he's been doing this for 17 seasons now.

Any confidence that Kawhi's body holds up when he's 31? 35?
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:12 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
James is the complete package on both sides of the ball. He is a one man force multiplier. And he's been doing this for 17 seasons now.

He might play that long but I think his productions will not be the same.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:15 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

He might play that long but I think his productions will not be the same.

I'm not sure about that. I don't think his quad will let him play deep into the playoffs year after year. I could see him hanging it up early into his 30s. (And I have a ton of respect for his game).
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:15 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Leif wrote:

Haha this is the fun fact of the morning
thurloly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:30 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

At this "load management" rate and failure in playoff, dude probably has enough energy to play until he is 65.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:42 am    Post subject:

Lebron is smelling the finals, we are going to see the freight train this series. Denver would be wise to double LeBron, and dare Davis to beat them.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:46 am    Post subject:

LeBron already played 249 playoff games in his career. That's basically 3 more full seasons.

That mileage is crazy.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:54 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
LeBron already played 249 playoff games in his career. That's basically 3 more full seasons.

That mileage is crazy.

Having averaged an absurd +41 minutes a game.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:02 am    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
danzag wrote:

That mileage is crazy.

Having averaged an absurd +41 minutes a game.

Absurd what he is doing this playoff run considering the mpg on his body.
The months off before the re-start were certainly a blessing from a purely basketball POV.

Almost as amazing is the limited mpg he has been able to maintain so far this post season. Lakers keep on winning with him playing 35 mpg was not expected.

Would be amazing if he can still get the rests but over the next series (preferably two!) he might need to play more mpg. Going to be interesting.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:05 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:

That mileage is crazy.

That million dollar investment on his body paying off big time
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:07 am    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:

PG13 for CP3?

Kawhi needs a bucket getter so he can rest on the court.
Hopefully clippers gonna clip and make a rash trade.
PG for Jru Holiday.
πŸ’œπŸ’› πŸ† πŸ‘€ πŸ– #18!!!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:07 am    Post subject:

I think he has several post-prime years where he can be all-NBA. This dude is ridiculous. I feel silly for being such a LBJ critic most of his years, but that was out of envy. I'm glad he chose to end his days with the Lakers. It's a Wilt to Lakers scenario except LBJ is far more of the main guy than Wilt was when he came.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:12 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
PenG_ wrote:

PG13 for CP3?

Kawhi needs a bucket getter so he can rest on the court.
Hopefully clippers gonna clip and make a rash trade.
PG for Jru Holiday.

Clips would have to include a draft pick for that one.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:14 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I think he has several post-prime years where he can be all-NBA. This dude is ridiculous. I feel silly for being such a LBJ critic most of his years, but that was out of envy. I'm glad he chose to end his days with the Lakers. It's a Wilt to Lakers scenario except LBJ is far more of the main guy than Wilt was when he came.

I agree. He can be a facilitator, not having to score much.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:15 am    Post subject:

Lebron can be the all time scoring leader by averaging 21 PPG in 66 games/season for 3 more seasons.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:16 am    Post subject:

Remember the guy on espn who had LeBron as the 6th best player?

Quote:
im Bontemps
@TimBontemps

And, for the record, my take that Kawhi has ascended to the top of the mountain has quite clearly been proven incorrect over the past week. That much goes without saying.

Quote:
Mamba x King x Brow
@ThaLakerNation

So who would you say is currently at the top of this so called mountain? 6th best player in the world?
Quote Tweet

Quote:
Tim Bontemps
@TimBontemps

Ha. The guy who I think is the best player of all-time, and now is the favorite to get a fourth ring.

That's right. Change that tune!
πŸ’œπŸ’› πŸ† πŸ‘€ πŸ– #18!!!

Last edited by epic_ on Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:17 am    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
Lebron is smelling the finals, we are going to see the freight train this series. Denver would be wise to double LeBron, and dare Davis to beat them.

He’s got to be looking at this like, I had to battle a 70-win Golden St team for like half a decade to win a ring, and now I’ve got Murray, Jokic, Butler and Tatum left in the tournament, I don’t have to travel and AD is on my team.

That Genie must have been real
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1447, 1448, 1449 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 1448 of 2079
Jump to: