ESPN: There's a gap between Clippers and Lakers (Clipper/Laker Discussion)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 213, 214, 215 ... 437, 438, 439  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:25 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Wilt wrote:

It's not that he was wrong about the Clippers, it's that he has claimed for years that he's no longer a Knicks fan and is now a Laker fan due to living in LA for years. And as a Laker fan (supposedly), he's now openly hoping the Lakers lose the next series so that it somehow makes Kawhi look better. None of it makes any sense.

Max has to be contrarian to Stephen A for the show. And Stephen A has been pro-Bron for years since he had to be contrarion for Skip Bayless.

BOOM! that's it. It's all scripted and basically become a verbally analyst version of the WWF.

They would only get a fraction of the clicks/views if they did actual in depth analysis or even did something absolutely insane like agreeing with each other on anything.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:31 am    Post subject:

So there's been 13 3-1 come-from-behinds ever...and Doc was the losing coach in 3 of them. That is crazy.

Think it's time for Doc to go back to TV....
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:34 am    Post subject:

Nick Wright in stitches on First Things First now
#18 next...
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:45 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
So there's been 13 3-1 come-from-behinds ever...and Doc was the losing coach in 3 of them. That is crazy.

No other coach has ever even had his team blow a 3-1 series lead twice, and Doc has now done it THREE TIMES lol.

I don't even think this was Doc's biggest collapse, quite frankly. Their collapse losing to Houston a few years ago was just shocking. Houston was so desperate in Game 5 in the 3rd quarter, getting blown out with Harden playing like complete basura, that they benched Harden. Took him out. Inexplicably, the Clippers folded in that game, and Houston went on such a run that they didn't even put Harden back into the game. Oh, and the Clippers were at home in that game. I can't even imagine how painful it must be to be a Clipper fan. I mean, in theory, I can understand being a Clipper fan, especially for those that were fans before they were gifted Chris Paul by the league. What I can't possibly fathom, though, is that they legitimately talk smack and crap to us Laker fans. Like, you've won nothing. You literally haven't made a conference final in your entire existence, and you have the gall to huff and puff? Their team is detestable and so are many of their fans, from my experience.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:47 am    Post subject:

A no-name twitter account tweets in the early hours of the morning:

"Man, I can't win with these cats!"
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:49 am    Post subject:

OMG Nick xD

Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:35 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:

Wow at least he's going down in the history books I guess
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:46 am    Post subject:

There is a gap, and it's 16 to 0
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:12 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
There is a gap, and it's 16 to 0

They can build as many arenas in places the Lakers used to dominate 30 years ago, to try and get that Laker allure. But that stat, 16 to 0 speaks volumes.

If you now add into NBA Finals, NBA Conference Finals stats. It is so ridiculously one sided.

16-0 NBA Rings LA Lakers
I am sure NBA Finals is something like 31-0

Lakers have won the West alone 31 times.

It is easy to talk the talk, but the Lakers went through a lot of (bleep) the last 8 years. Kobe retired, and his last 3 years were post-achilles injury where he was not himself. DAntoni-Mike Brown-Luke Walton as head coaches. A complete rebuild. Ownership issues between siblings after Dr Buss died. Even then, the Lakers have gone back to the West Finals in that 7 year period, and the Clippers still can not get past the SFs. The Clips have in that time had CP3 in his prime, Blake in his prime, DAJ in prime, and now Kawhi, PG13 and others in their primes.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:44 am    Post subject:

I remember as a kid Bob McAdoo on the Buffalo Braves, the year he won the MVP. They moved to San Diego and became the Clippers, Bill Walton played with them for awhile, even when they went to Anaheim, and eventually become renters at our facility. I think for years I treated them like the Chargers, Angels, Bruins, local teams, not my favorites, but I wished them well, anytime they were not playing us.

But when some of their very high draft choices started playing well, and we either played poorly or when in a tailspin, an awful lot of smack started coming from the Clippers. The Clippers started winning, and it really got them to feel entitled, and they treated us much worse than I think we ever treated them. And if we were smug, maybe its because we had been used to winning championships and playing very well in multiple seasons.

I think of how Golden State sucked (mostly) for about 15 years, but whenever the Lakers played up their, they were very respectful, especially to Kobe. When they became great, I never begrudged them their success, and I think aside from maybe Draymond (LOL) they handled being "good winners" very well.

The Clippers have been disjointed all year long, despite having two of the top 20 players in the league in KL and PG. Their glue guy was Beverly and that snide attitude did not serve them well. I think guys like Lou and Montrell seemed most affected by it. I think Montrell really hopes he can get good money elsewhere and move on. They really need a veteran who can give them a different voice than Beverly, and their two big stars are not the kind of vocal leaders that inspire the rest of the team.

But hell-yeah, I'm glad to see us rising and watch the Clip-joint fall back to earth. Raising another banner, maybe in a pregame ceremony before a Clipper game would strike just the right tone.

Not that I am gloating the Clippers losing
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:49 am    Post subject:

Clippers are like David Duval

Lakers are Tiger Woods
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:10 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/goldenknightgfx/status/1306071502563885057?s=21

The ‘96 Bulls graphic is going to haunt the Clippers

They deserve all of this slander. When you troll and talk that much (bleep)...karma is a (bleep).
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:27 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
https://twitter.com/goldenknightgfx/status/1306071502563885057?s=21

The ‘96 Bulls graphic is going to haunt the Clippers

They deserve all of this slander. When you troll and talk that much (bleep)...karma is a (bleep).

governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:35 am    Post subject:

hype wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Wilt wrote:

It's not that he was wrong about the Clippers, it's that he has claimed for years that he's no longer a Knicks fan and is now a Laker fan due to living in LA for years. And as a Laker fan (supposedly), he's now openly hoping the Lakers lose the next series so that it somehow makes Kawhi look better. None of it makes any sense.

Max has to be contrarian to Stephen A for the show. And Stephen A has been pro-Bron for years since he had to be contrarion for Skip Bayless.

BOOM! that's it. It's all scripted and basically become a verbally analyst version of the WWF.

They would only get a fraction of the clicks/views if they did actual in depth analysis or even did something absolutely insane like agreeing with each other on anything.

The blue print is one white guy (liberal) and an opposing black guy... then let the bromance shine thru
Skip-SAS
Skip-Shannon
Max-SAS
Nick-Carter

Then the bromancest of them all... Pablo-Bomani
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:35 am    Post subject:

The gap between the Clippers and the Lakers is one is going to the WCF and the other is going fishing. I'll give you 3 guesses as to who's going fishing, the first 2 don't count.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:55 am    Post subject:

Omg, might be the best quote I've seen in a while

Quote:
Kawhi had a Doc. What he needed was a Nurse.

💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:58 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

No other coach has ever even had his team blow a 3-1 series lead twice, and Doc has now done it THREE TIMES lol.

I don't even think this was Doc's biggest collapse, quite frankly. Their collapse losing to Houston a few years ago was just shocking. Houston was so desperate in Game 5 in the 3rd quarter, getting blown out with Harden playing like complete basura, that they benched Harden. Took him out. Inexplicably, the Clippers folded in that game, and Houston went on such a run that they didn't even put Harden back into the game. Oh, and the Clippers were at home in that game. I can't even imagine how painful it must be to be a Clipper fan. I mean, in theory, I can understand being a Clipper fan, especially for those that were fans before they were gifted Chris Paul by the league. What I can't possibly fathom, though, is that they legitimately talk smack and crap to us Laker fans. Like, you've won nothing. You literally haven't made a conference final in your entire existence, and you have the gall to huff and puff? Their team is detestable and so are many of their fans, from my experience.

What is Doc’s strength as a coach, other than (seemingly) being well-liked by his players? Most other big name coaches are known either as offensive or defensive masterminds.

Doc looked good in the 2008 finals, but it isn’t clear to me how much of that was really Thibbodeau.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:02 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

What is Doc’s strength as a coach, other than (seemingly) being well-liked by his players? Most other big name coaches are known either as offensive or defensive masterminds.

Doc looked good in the 2008 finals, but it isn’t clear to me how much of that was really Thibbodeau.

Doc was good when there're floor general(s) on his teams. his Celtic teams had KG and PP, and his early Clipper teams had CP3. KL and PG are not those leaders. like everyone's been saying their games flourish in a right environment when they don't have to taking upon the leadership roles.
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:13 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Omg, might be the best quote I've seen in a while

Quote:
Kawhi had a Doc. What he needed was a Nurse.

HAHAHA! True!

What PG13 needs is tough love: from a peer!! He's never had it (until he went to the Thunder and we know how quickly he folded and got the heck out of it). As good as Kawhi is, he aint the one to give PG13 any love: tough or otherwise...
Retired Number
Retired Number

WTF.

Quote:
"Several Clippers" had trouble playing stints longer than three minutes in Game 7 and asked to be pulled for a breather during the fourth quarter, per @MarcJSpears

https://mobile.twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1306095167179386880
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Rockets can have their moral victories, Clippers can have the better team label. We’re busy scouting the Nuggets because there is still basketball to be played.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:48 am    Post subject:

I’ve never seen a team who has literally won absolutely nothing, treat the regular season with such nonchalance.

-Broussard
lordtrapula
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:50 am    Post subject:

Idk if the Clippers are ever gonna live this down lol

LA already treats the Clippers worse then NY treats the Mets

Last edited by lordtrapula on Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:55 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

Rivers Choking is next level.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:58 am    Post subject:

These stories give me a real pep in my step today.

Quote:
Early in the second quarter, a struggling George had committed two careless turnovers in less than a minute. The second mishap was a half-court pass to Harrell, who was near the paint but surrounded by Murray and Michael Porter Jr.

Murray picked off the pass. Seconds later, the Clippers called a timeout.

Harrell approached his teammate about the risky pass, with George not taking responsibility and arguing the pass could have been caught had Harrell made the right play, sources said.

This set off the NBA Sixth Man of the Year.

Harrell responded with something along the lines of, “You’re always right. Nobody can tell you nothing,” and expletives were uttered from both players, sources said. George eventually toned down his rhetoric, but a heated Harrell wasn’t having it. Teammates began clapping on the sideline, in part to disguise what was going on and in an attempt to defuse the situation. The incident deescalated shortly after as coach Doc Rivers took his seat to go over the game plan.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 213, 214, 215 ... 437, 438, 439  Next
Page 214 of 439
Jump to: