WESTERN CONFERENCE FINALS 2020 DISCUSSION - Lakers vs Nuggets
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:42 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
nickuku wrote:
Clippers had 0 chemistry and were mentally soft. I fully expect us to dominate the nuggets. I see this series going 5 at most.

The curse of Donald T. Sterling. I hope the Lakers don't think like you, the Clippers did. Don't underestimate the Nuggets.

The Nuggets confidence is high, they got nothing to lose and have won 6 elimination games already.

This will not be easy.

They also have a good roster. Porter in the rotation makes them a more dynamic team even if his defense is suspect.
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:44 am    Post subject:

What I want to know is: How're we guarding Lou Williams?

Wait, WHAT?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:45 am    Post subject:

lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:
What I want to know is: How're we guarding Lou Williams?

Wait, WHAT?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:02 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
jodeke wrote:
nickuku wrote:
Clippers had 0 chemistry and were mentally soft. I fully expect us to dominate the nuggets. I see this series going 5 at most.

The curse of Donald T. Sterling. I hope the Lakers don't think like you, the Clippers did. Don't underestimate the Nuggets.

The Nuggets confidence is high, they got nothing to lose and have won 6 elimination games already.

This will not be easy.

They also have a good roster. Porter in the rotation makes them a more dynamic team even if his defense is suspect.

And Mike Malone is a much better coach than Doc Rivers or MDA. At least on the adjustments department.
KareemRushForThree
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:28 am    Post subject:

Lakers will win every series in 5
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:32 am    Post subject:

The extra day of rest will help Denver quite a bit. Usually, a team might be tired after a 7-game series (Denver just had two of them). Now, they're getting two full days rest, instead of one. Also, more time off for us.

I know the league is most likely doing this bc Friday (instead of Thurs.) will yield better ratings, but I wish they just stuck to having one off day.

Last edited by leor_77 on Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:43 am; edited 1 time in total
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:38 am    Post subject:

Only thing to fear is overconfidence.
Gotta be focused and take care of business.
No messing around.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:38 am    Post subject:

By the way, here's a quick summary of the media's takes on us:

Quote:
Before Portland: "Now they ACTUALLY will face some stiff competition."

Before Houston: "Now they ACTUALLY will face some stiff competition."

Before Denver: "Now they ACTUALLY will face some stiff competition."
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:45 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
Dwight-16/AD-28/Morris-4
AD-12/Morris-20/Kuz-16
LeBron-40/Kuz-8
DG-28/Caruso-20
KCP-28/Rondo-16/Caruso-4

1. LeBron-40
2. AD-40
3. DG-28
4. KCP-28
5. Kuz-24
6. Caruso-24
7. Morris-24
8. Dwight-24
9. Rondo-16
Depth-McGee/THT/Waiters
Would like to see our rotation something like this. No McGee.Start Dwight who played really well vs the Nuggets this year. Dwight/AD will allow us not to have to double on Jokic.

KCP/DG/Caruso has been battle tested facing Dame/CJ/Harden/Westbrook. I'm sure the will be ready for Murray.

I like this rotation - Vogel has seemed to give Javale the token starter mins to keep him in it mentally but I would go straight to Dwight as well
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:46 am    Post subject:

Time to play our bigs again
LAII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:51 am    Post subject:

KBandKB wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Interesting in 2006 we blew a 3-1 lead to the Suns when we could have had a chance to face the Clippers in the 2nd round and now it’s the Clippers who blow a 3-1 series lead and a chance to face us.

Honestly I usually think luck balances out but we were very unlucky in that series because we had outplayed the Suns in Game 6 and left them almost devoid of hope. Just that stupid ass bounce and failure to secure the rebound by Odom and subsequent shot by Thomas immediately jolted them.

Don't forget the Kwame Brown fly-by

Devon George not being able to throw it in the river.

You know I had burned all these terrible memories out of my mind, and it took a lot of drugs and alcohol to do it. Why bring all of these horrible things back up?
LAII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:55 am    Post subject:

drae wrote:

Clippers were a bad matchup for us because their strength lies in their big wings.

They were a bad matchup for us, because their only chemistry was a common desire to beat the Lakers. We still would have got that ass, but that's when they are really at their best.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:56 am    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:

I think chemistry is so underrated.

I don't watch the Clippers much, do they have their own network? Do they have Backstage Clippers?

Clippers were deep and have all the talent in the world, but like Lou said, they didn't have chemistry. No point having the best ingredients on the table, if you don't know how to mix them.
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:00 am    Post subject:

Something I just realized yesterday... Mike Malone was lead assistant under Mike Brown and coached LeBron for five years in Cleveland. Maybe he knows how to stop him.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
JPaulK0n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:02 am    Post subject:

This is the series to go back to playing big, really liked Vogel's strategy of defending Jokic. Howard did a really good job on Jokic this year, as McGee & Howard in the 1st & 3rd quarters made Jokic work on both ends of the floor rebounding and as post up defenders, while AD could roam around. Then in the 2nd quarter and in the crunch time in the 4th quarter AD just dominated Jokic on both ends of the floor by being able to rest up instead of guarding Jokic for the whole game. Murray has been brilliant and will be the Nuggets X-Factor this series, but Vogel has been money on his defensive gameplans against Dame & CJ in the first round and Harden & Westbrook in the second round when everybody kept saying the Lakers have nobody that can guard them or have no chance against them.

Lakers have the 2 best players in the series, even if people will put Jokic ahead of AD due to Nuggets beating the Clippers, however AD is a monster on both ends of the floor which gives AD the edge over Jokic imo. On paper, Lakers should win in 4 or 5, but the Nuggets have been resilient throughout the playoffs and actually play as a real team together with great chemistry as well. Funniest thing is that a few weeks ago everyone would have said the Rockets are a bigger threat and more likely to beat the Lakers than the Nuggets, and the Lakers just straight up smoked and embarrassed the Rockets in 5 games.

Last edited by JPaulK0n on Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:05 am    Post subject:

what about put LeBron on Jokic? Jokic isn't quick so no worry about LeBron getting beat off dribbles. LBJ can definitely bodying up Jokic without double teaming. another factor is LeBron being an excellent passer himself, knows the angles of Jokic's passing lanes before it happens, so i can see a lot of turnovers from Jokic when guarded by LBJ.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:07 am    Post subject:

Quote:
We had the “Rest vs. Rust” debate prior to Round 2 when LAL had gone 5 games, and HOU 7, with 6 days off between games. It’s the same gap w/DEN into the WCF. Notable postseason minute totals: Murray (548); Jokic (527); Grant (469); Porter (343); AD (349); LeBron (342); KCP (272).

https://mobile.twitter.com/LakersReporter/status/1306268346539671554
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:08 am    Post subject:

What Jokic did against the Clippers was a very impressive 26/15/7 on 52% from the field and 41% from three on 6 attempts a game. On top of that he had 1.7 blocks. He really has showed up in much better shape and looks like a different guy than the one from the regular season, he can hurt us in both aspects be it scoring or passing, so having an answer for him is going to be the most important.

If we can limit him or disrupt his rhythm, this will be an easy series. That said, the Nuggets are now the one team that I'll worry about if we get a 3-1 lead.

I feel that Jokic is the X-Factor, but this is also going to come down to Mike Malone vs Frank Vogel. This will be the test of which team can make the most adjustments.

I said earlier I wasn't worried about Murray as I considered what he and Lillard would do to be similar... then I decided to look up Murray's Playoff stats.

Jamal Murray is putting up 27 PPG on 50% from the field and 49% from three that stat shocked me. He is also shooting 91% from the free throw line.

So Murray is averaging 27/6/5 on 50/49/91 shooting, that's worrysome. If Jokic and Murray are playing at this high a level right now this will be a rough series.

For the record, Jokic is putting up 25/11/6 on 51/44/83 shooting.

Currently in the Playoffs, Murray and Jokic are unquestionably the best 3 point shooters on the team, next is Paul Milsap, Gary Harris and Michael Porter whom are all shooting at 37% so there's a gap there.

I still feel like we're a guarantee to go to the Finals, but this is going to be a harder series than I expected, given the level the 1-2 punch of Denver is playing at.
markjay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:24 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Nuggets are playing with a lot of confidence I think the series goes 7 games.

I'll be very surprised if it goes to 6 games.
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:31 am    Post subject:

I believe an aspect of the Nuggets team that gives them success is there 2nd unit...

Similar to the lakers with Rondo, the second unit of the nuggets comes in and pushes the pace...

Monte Morris played excellent vs the Clippers and was able to get in the paint and finish or create...

Plumlee is an underrated big who run, blocks shots and plays hard. Similar to McGee...

Torrey Craig plays great defense and plays hard...And Porter can hit shots...

I noticed that when the 2nd unit came in for Denver it really gave the Clippers problems.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:40 am    Post subject:

Denver’s numbers are very inflated due to who they have played. Against the Lakers, Jokic is an above average center who can score 17-18 with some assists. Jamal Murray shot 16% from 3 against the Lakers. Not a 1-2 punch that remotely compares to what the Lakers have. They had to get insanely hot from 3 to win against the Clippers and they’re not going to have hot shooting to bail them out this time.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:41 am    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
By the way, here's a quick summary of the media's takes on us:

Quote:
Before Portland: "Now they ACTUALLY will face some stiff competition."

Before Houston: "Now they ACTUALLY will face some stiff competition."

Before Denver: "Now they ACTUALLY will face some stiff competition."

Some of our own fans keep pumping this too
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:43 am    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
Denver’s numbers are very inflated due to who they have played. Against the Lakers, Jokic is an above average center who can score 17-18 with some assists. Jamal Murray shot 16% from 3 against the Lakers. Not a 1-2 punch that remotely compares to what the Lakers have. They had to get insanely hot from 3 to win against the Clippers and they’re not going to have hot shooting to bail them out this time.

This seems a little too confident, but the Lakers are a bad, bad matchup for the Nuggets.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:44 am    Post subject:

Even after Portland and Houston you guys still don't respect the D!
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:01 am    Post subject:

Single cover jokic and make him score inside to tire him out. Double Murray like harden and dame, make other players make shots
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 6 of 27
Jump to: