ESPN: There's a gap between Clippers and Lakers (Clipper/Laker Discussion)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 214, 215, 216 ... 437, 438, 439  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:58 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
So there's been 13 3-1 come-from-behinds ever...and Doc was the losing coach in 3 of them. That is crazy.

Think it's time for Doc to go back to TV....

No other coach has ever even had his team blow a 3-1 series lead twice, and Doc has now done it THREE TIMES lol.

Rivers Choking is next level.

Doc has lost six 3-2 and three 3-1 series leads
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:58 am    Post subject:

lordtrapula wrote:
Idk if the Clippers are ever gonna live this down lol

LA gonna treat them worse then NY treats the Mets

Twitter was in shambles last night. Dame and CJ was trolling them for the filth. Magic and Worthy were on them too repping for the OGs. It was a whole GLORIOUS mess!!!
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:08 am    Post subject:

Safe to say that Boston won in 2008 IN SPITE of Doc, and not because of him.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:09 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
So there's been 13 3-1 come-from-behinds ever...and Doc was the losing coach in 3 of them. That is crazy.

No other coach has ever even had his team blow a 3-1 series lead twice, and Doc has now done it THREE TIMES lol.

I don't even think this was Doc's biggest collapse, quite frankly. Their collapse losing to Houston a few years ago was just shocking. Houston was so desperate in Game 5 in the 3rd quarter, getting blown out with Harden playing like complete basura, that they benched Harden. Took him out. Inexplicably, the Clippers folded in that game, and Houston went on such a run that they didn't even put Harden back into the game. Oh, and the Clippers were at home in that game. I can't even imagine how painful it must be to be a Clipper fan. I mean, in theory, I can understand being a Clipper fan, especially for those that were fans before they were gifted Chris Paul by the league. What I can't possibly fathom, though, is that they legitimately talk smack and crap to us Laker fans. Like, you've won nothing. You literally haven't made a conference final in your entire existence, and you have the gall to huff and puff? Their team is detestable and so are many of their fans, from my experience.

What is Doc’s strength as a coach, other than (seemingly) being well-liked by his players? Most other big name coaches are known either as offensive or defensive masterminds.

Doc looked good in the 2008 finals, but it isn’t clear to me how much of that was really Thibbodeau.

Doc was good when there're floor general(s) on his teams. his Celtic teams had KG and PP, and his early Clipper teams had CP3. KL and PG are not those leaders. like everyone's been saying their games flourish in a right environment when they don't have to taking upon the leadership roles.

Doc have coached blue collar teams to playoff. I think he can extract the most out of role players with his cheerleading motivation way of coaching. If a team is rebuilding, he’s the right fit. But if you have a team that is ready to win, you need a playoff type of coach. I know he has won a ring before but he choked more than anyone.
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:10 am    Post subject:

Kobe's D last game on the Clippers Kawhi and PG on the closeout game.

Total Pts KL & PG = 24 pts
Total Ast KL & PG = 8 ast
Total Reb KL & PG = 10 reb (USA number)

Way to shut them down Kobe.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:12 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:

Tom Thibodeau was the wind beneath those wings.
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:24 am    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

I don't even think this was Doc's biggest collapse, quite frankly. Their collapse losing to Houston a few years ago was just shocking. Houston was so desperate in Game 5 in the 3rd quarter, getting blown out with Harden playing like complete basura, that they benched Harden. Took him out. Inexplicably, the Clippers folded in that game, and Houston went on such a run that they didn't even put Harden back into the game. Oh, and the Clippers were at home in that game. I can't even imagine how painful it must be to be a Clipper fan. I mean, in theory, I can understand being a Clipper fan, especially for those that were fans before they were gifted Chris Paul by the league. What I can't possibly fathom, though, is that they legitimately talk smack and crap to us Laker fans. Like, you've won nothing. You literally haven't made a conference final in your entire existence, and you have the gall to huff and puff? Their team is detestable and so are many of their fans, from my experience.

What is Doc’s strength as a coach, other than (seemingly) being well-liked by his players? Most other big name coaches are known either as offensive or defensive masterminds.

Doc looked good in the 2008 finals, but it isn’t clear to me how much of that was really Thibbodeau.

Doc was good when there're floor general(s) on his teams. his Celtic teams had KG and PP, and his early Clipper teams had CP3. KL and PG are not those leaders. like everyone's been saying their games flourish in a right environment when they don't have to taking upon the leadership roles.

Doc have coached blue collar teams to playoff. I think he can extract the most out of role players with his cheerleading motivation way of coaching. If a team is rebuilding, he’s the right fit. But if you have a team that is ready to win, you need a playoff type of coach. I know he has won a ring before but he choked more than anyone.

Please keep Doc! If they choke again next year then Kawhi and PG will def opt out and bam LOTTO CITY!
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:30 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
These stories give me a real pep in my step today.

Quote:
Early in the second quarter, a struggling George had committed two careless turnovers in less than a minute. The second mishap was a half-court pass to Harrell, who was near the paint but surrounded by Murray and Michael Porter Jr.

Murray picked off the pass. Seconds later, the Clippers called a timeout.

Harrell approached his teammate about the risky pass, with George not taking responsibility and arguing the pass could have been caught had Harrell made the right play, sources said.

This set off the NBA Sixth Man of the Year.

Harrell responded with something along the lines of, “You’re always right. Nobody can tell you nothing,” and expletives were uttered from both players, sources said. George eventually toned down his rhetoric, but a heated Harrell wasn’t having it. Teammates began clapping on the sideline, in part to disguise what was going on and in an attempt to defuse the situation. The incident deescalated shortly after as coach Doc Rivers took his seat to go over the game plan.

Yep - we'd heard rumblings all year . . .
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:49 am    Post subject:

^^ I've heard Harrell doesn't want to be there, I think he is gone if he gets a good solid offer someplace else.
thurloly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:04 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:

That 1 freaking championship has made him become overrated until today. And Doc becomes arrogant because of it.
strong9
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:18 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
ocho wrote:

Quote:
Early in the second quarter, a struggling George had committed two careless turnovers in less than a minute. The second mishap was a half-court pass to Harrell, who was near the paint but surrounded by Murray and Michael Porter Jr.

Harrell approached his teammate about the risky pass, with George not taking responsibility and arguing the pass could have been caught had Harrell made the right play, sources said.

Harrell responded with something along the lines of, “You’re always right. Nobody can tell you nothing,” and expletives were uttered from both players, sources said. George eventually toned down his rhetoric, but a heated Harrell wasn’t having it. Teammates began clapping on the sideline, in part to disguise what was going on and in an attempt to defuse the situation. The incident deescalated shortly after as coach Doc Rivers took his seat to go over the game plan.

Yep - we'd heard rumblings all year . . .

This guy didn't want to come to the Lakers because we didn't trade for him. He says they didn't expect to win this year even though he and everyone else in this organization says they did only months ago. He is an entitled, arrogant guy who has done nothing deserving of that attitude. The Clippers have a headache on their hands. I'm glad he didn't come here.

Meanwhile NBA radio just called Kawhi the miracle drug that is anything but. His titles are products of his surroundings.

My how the narrative has changed
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:20 pm    Post subject:

Everyone Picking Clippers over Lakers in 2 Mins

CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:21 pm    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
^^ I've heard Harrell doesn't want to be there, I think he is gone if he gets a good solid offer someplace else.

Clips ideally will want to do sign and trade so they can get an asset. Like Atlanta can give them Capela or Sixers giving them Horford. But most likely Trez a goner.
mxgardens
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:31 pm    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
waterman40 wrote:

Clips ideally will want to do sign and trade so they can get an asset. Like Atlanta can give them Capela or Sixers giving them Horford. But most likely Trez a goner.

Any GM that would make that deal would be fired on the spot.
strong9
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:34 pm    Post subject:

mxgardens wrote:
CRoost wrote:
waterman40 wrote:

Plus, Harrell has to be accommodating as well. How do we know he will go to a team that has a Capela or Horford to trade back to them.
scottpot29
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:02 pm    Post subject:

Oh yeah there is a gap.....a HUGE freaking Brian Windhorst gap. Pasty freaking crap hole that he is.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:23 pm    Post subject:

mxgardens wrote:
CRoost wrote:
waterman40 wrote:

TRez is a good asset. Undersized but good length with 7’4 wingspan. He’s 26 and has improved every year so you can definitely extract another 4 good years plus he’s been healthy. I think he can play pick and roll with Trae Young all night long like he did with Lou.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:29 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:

Quote:

Sounds like Trez can't wait to be gone
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:34 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:

Quote:

This is not hard to believe at all. PG13 spins his way in the media, like how he grew up a Clippers fan, and I'm sure he always tries to spin his mistakes.
RestEasyBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:41 pm    Post subject:

I will never forget his game 7 of 2010 finals speech. He said when they have their reunion, make sure their rings touch.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:55 pm    Post subject:

George Paul says the Clippers have the best duo in the NBA, gets waxed by a young team while shooting bricks at the corner of the backboard (whenever he is forced to shoot since he prefers to hide on offense in 4th quarters), then turns around and says expectations were not "championship or bust" for their team? What a joke and a (bleep) he is! You want to complain about chemistry after load-managing your way through the year and half-assing the season? Karma is a (bleep)
strong9
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:56 pm    Post subject:

I'm not a big fan of 538 but they often have good statistical analysis. This is crazy. KL and PG13 were anti-clutch over 3 straight closeout games when it mattered the most. The Clippers actually regressed with them ON the team.

Quote:
But Denver outscored Los Angeles 181-117 in the second halves of those potential close-out games, a span in which Leonard and George combined to shoot just 18-of-65 from the floor, for a dismal 27 percent. Amazingly, in Game 7 they combined for just 5 second-half points, 4 while neither player managed to score at all during the fourth quarter — a brutal outcome for a team that, before landing these stars, was statistically the league’s best in clutch situations.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/when-it-comes-to-playoff-disappointment-the-clippers-are-in-a-league-of-their-own/
strong9
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:02 pm    Post subject:

I just can't stop. Even mainstream business is getting in on this.

https://t.co/Nj4s0DaWaV https://twitter.com/SouthwestAir/status/1306077855978315778?s=20
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:11 pm    Post subject:

"Wayoff Pee"
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:49 pm    Post subject:

“Y’all ain’t met playoff P yet”.

-Paul George.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 214, 215, 216 ... 437, 438, 439  Next
Page 215 of 439
Jump to: