OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4702, 4703, 4704 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:12 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Wouldn’t mind getting Sweet Lou back especially if the Clippers are willing to dump him.

u didnt see how teams hunted him in playoffs?

Lou admitted after G7 that he was mentally out of it in the bubble because he wasn’t seeing his family.

lol give me a break. this guy went to a strip clube when he came out the bubble.

he is dumb enough to put his whole team in a pickle when they have championship aspiration

dont want any of the flippers on this squad...

Last edited by Jesusdelonla on Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:12 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Wouldn’t mind getting Sweet Lou back especially if the Clippers are willing to dump him.

u didnt see how teams hunted him in playoffs?

Lou admitted after G7 that he was mentally out of it in the bubble because he wasn’t seeing his family.

What was his excuse the rest of his career? He’s always been very shaky in the post season because his foul drawing antics don’t work nearly as well and teams focus their defenses in the playoffs. There’s a reason the Raptor’s didn’t even make an effort to keep him when he won sixth man of the year with them and let him sign with us for cheap. They saw first hand how horrible he was in the playoffs when teams could game plan against him and exploit his horrific defense, and he didn’t show much desire to improve that aspect of his game.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:17 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
Kendrick Perkins right now on the Jump said he got inside sources that the Clippers will be blowing up the team...

His “inside sources” are the 10 cheeseburgers he had for lunch. Seriously, I think that changes will be made but not blown up. I think that Frank and Winger are pretty sharp, they know what needs fixed. If Kawhi agrees the first move I would make would be to either move Cassell to the head coaching position or fill it from outside.

My condolences to you on your loss last night.

Actually I won 2 games of Monopoly last night.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:18 pm    Post subject:

If we can get him for a pick and a filler like Cook or McGee then why not?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:18 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
Kendrick Perkins right now on the Jump said he got inside sources that the Clippers will be blowing up the team...

His “inside sources” are the 10 cheeseburgers he had for lunch. Seriously, I think that changes will be made but not blown up. I think that Frank and Winger are pretty sharp, they know what needs fixed. If Kawhi agrees the first move I would make would be to either move Cassell to the head coaching position or fill it from outside.

Well, we all are winners in life. Hopefully.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:20 pm    Post subject:

Despite the horrendous playoff performance and ridiculous post game comments I could see George having some value to other teams. Someone taking a chance and buying low in hopes of getting a steal.

Might as well link Clipper trades to all the Paul, Wiggins and Holiday proposals.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:21 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:

I haven’t watched any bball in weeks. As you know, family is important right now.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:24 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Despite the horrendous playoff performance and ridiculous post game comments I could see George having some value to other teams. Someone taking a chance and buying low in hopes of getting a steal.

Might as well link Clipper trades to all the Paul, Wiggins and Holiday proposals.

Maybe. But he's shown that he can't be a #1 option or reliable in the playoffs. Ideally, he's a team's 3rd option making 1st option money (which I would have been fine with behind AD/LBJ).

He also can bounce in 2021 so that complicates things too.
strong9
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:28 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:

I haven’t watched any bball in weeks. As you know, family is important right now.

But in the thread about where AD and Lebron rank you noted Harden IS playing defense. How do you reconcile that with what you just said? Are you just making things up on the fly?
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:28 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:

sure bro, whatever makes u sleep better...

ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:29 pm    Post subject:

I can't see CP3 to the Clips, because Doc is returning, and not only that, but I don't think OKC is taking back PG lol. And they don't have enough to get CP3 other than that, unless you think Shamet and Zubac are enough (they aren't).

The Clippers are not dumb enough to take back Wiggins.

The Holiday one is interesting. Both he and PG have player options after next season, and Holiday would give them a capable offensive player who can handle and create while also playing solid defense. PG is the better player, but PG is likely to opt out, and Holiday might not, meaning you might get an extra year of control on Holiday. I'm just not sure he's good enough of a return for the Clippers here. He's not a star, and they'd be going to the 1-star model to try to win a championship, and that almost never happens.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:32 pm    Post subject:

If you're the Pels, do you want PG to influence that team's culture?

Jrue is a great positive locker room leader and would leave a massive gaping hole. Plus, the theory would be to continue letting BI run the offense with Zion. Adding PG13 doesn't do much for that. Takes shots away.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:33 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:

Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:35 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Kawhi is ridiculous

receipts....got no time to find others

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:36 pm    Post subject:

strong9 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:

But in the thread about where AD and Lebron rank you noted Harden IS playing defense. How do you reconcile that with what you just said? Are you just making things up on the fly?

I hate to break it to you but Harden has played games previous to the past 3-4 weeks.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:36 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Lou Will was a Laker once and basically became the entire offense when he was on the floor.

When he wasn't, and had to play next to PG and Kawhi, it was like he disappeared.

It'll only be worse next to LeBron and AD.

I think Lou did a great job in the regular season. His OPRM is 3.39 which is one of the best in the league for lead guards and off he’s playing off the bench to boot. Outside of Lebron and AD, there’s really no one in our team that can make and create shots like Lou. Rondo is more for the playoff but in the regular season, we can rely on Lou to make things happen and Lebron can stay on half gear.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:37 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Jrue is a great positive locker room leader and would leave a massive gaping hole. Plus, the theory would be to continue letting BI run the offense with Zion. Adding PG13 doesn't do much for that. Takes shots away.

Yeah that's a good point, since they are almost certain to extend BI, that becomes a little redundant, and, as you noted, the whole attitude/space cadet thing.

I do think they'd be willing to move PG if Kawhi signed off on it, but the problem is that I don't see how they get a better player back for him when he's basically an expiring.
strong9
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:37 pm    Post subject:

^ Kawhi is indeed ridiculous. What was his overall and 4th quarter stat line again?
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:38 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Maybe. But he's shown that he can't be a #1 option or reliable in the playoffs. Ideally, he's a team's 3rd option making 1st option money (which I would have been fine with behind AD/LBJ).

He also can bounce in 2021 so that complicates things too.

It is going to be interesting to see where many of these guys go next off season. Likely some surprises.

But as I said, someone will make that trade for George if he becomes available. The new team will convince itself they will get the “best version”.

If available, would warriors trade Wiggins / Looney for George? Or the Pels Holiday and Redick for George ? Would the Clippers make those trades?

And that is the limited names I’ve seen mentioned in just the last couple days not an all inclusive list of all teams picking at the carcass of the Clippers.

Possibilities are going to be there with the cap changing, teams reloading and normal player movement. Somebody will trade for George. Still a good player even after this debacle.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:

Sleep tight pupper
strong9
Star Player
Star Player

[quote="venturalakersfan"]
strong9 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:

I hate to break it to you but Harden has played games previous to the past 3-4 weeks.[/quote

Hate to break it to you but reading is fundamental. You said he IS playing good defense, not he WAS before the season ended. Maybe proof read your words before posting.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

CRoost wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Lou Will was a Laker once and basically became the entire offense when he was on the floor.

When he wasn't, and had to play next to PG and Kawhi, it was like he disappeared.

It'll only be worse next to LeBron and AD.

I think Lou did a great job in the regular season. His OPRM is 3.39 which is one of the best in the league for lead guards and off he’s playing off the bench to boot. Outside of Lebron and AD, there’s really no one in our team that can make and create shots like Lou. Rondo is more for the playoff but in the regular season, we can rely on Lou to make things happen and Lebron can stay on half gear.

He's not a fit for this roster. Even Rondo isn't unplayable during the playoffs. Lou is. He is a complete sieve defensively. And Lou's playoff history is not good even on offense. Never mind that I can't see the Clippers trading him to us.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:44 pm    Post subject:

Lou Williams went from 18.2ppg during the regular season to 12.8ppg during the playoffs.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:46 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

They could make a 3 team trade like

Clips gettting

Jrue

Bucks

PG13

New Orleans get Bledsoe/fillers and 2 first picks from the Bucks.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:47 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
Lou Williams went from 18.2ppg during the regular season to 12.8ppg during the playoffs.

Can't feast on weak benches in the playoffs.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4702, 4703, 4704 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 4703 of 8560
Jump to: