OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4703, 4704, 4705 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:49 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
CRoost wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Lou Will was a Laker once and basically became the entire offense when he was on the floor.

When he wasn't, and had to play next to PG and Kawhi, it was like he disappeared.

It'll only be worse next to LeBron and AD.

I think Lou did a great job in the regular season. His OPRM is 3.39 which is one of the best in the league for lead guards and off he’s playing off the bench to boot. Outside of Lebron and AD, there’s really no one in our team that can make and create shots like Lou. Rondo is more for the playoff but in the regular season, we can rely on Lou to make things happen and Lebron can stay on half gear.

He's not a fit for this roster. Even Rondo isn't unplayable during the playoffs. Lou is. He is a complete sieve defensively. And Lou's playoff history is not good even on offense. Never mind that I can't see the Clippers trading him to us.

I never advocate for him to be that playoff type. I just said it’s clear throughout the regular season that we need more offensive option and Lou fit the bill .
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:49 pm    Post subject:

A trade that is probably a win-win for both teams.

PG13 for Westbrook.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:51 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Despite the horrendous playoff performance and ridiculous post game comments I could see George having some value to other teams. Someone taking a chance and buying low in hopes of getting a steal.

Might as well link Clipper trades to all the Paul, Wiggins and Holiday proposals.

Maybe. But he's shown that he can't be a #1 option or reliable in the playoffs. Ideally, he's a team's 3rd option making 1st option money (which I would have been fine with behind AD/LBJ).

He also can bounce in 2021 so that complicates things too.

It is going to be interesting to see where many of these guys go next off season. Likely some surprises.

But as I said, someone will make that trade for George if he becomes available. The new team will convince itself they will get the “best version”.

If available, would warriors trade Wiggins / Looney for George? Or the Pels Holiday and Redick for George ? Would the Clippers make those trades?

And that is the limited names I’ve seen mentioned in just the last couple days not an all inclusive list of all teams picking at the carcass of the Clippers.

Possibilities are going to be there with the cap changing, teams reloading and normal player movement. Somebody will trade for George. Still a good player even after this debacle.

Why would the Clips trade out PG for a worse Wiggins/Looney deal? And if they get that #2 pick, are they now going to tell Kawhi they are rebuilding?

George has gone from being an underrated star on the Pacers (I loved him when he was there), to saying he wanted to be traded to the Lakers, then having a chance to sign with the Lakers as a FA, inexplicably re-signing with OKC, only to demand a trade 1 year after.

I just think teams know what they're getting with PG. And for most teams, he's not equipped to be a #1/2 guy.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:52 pm    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
If you're the Pels, do you want PG to influence that team's culture?

Jrue is a great positive locker room leader and would leave a massive gaping hole. Plus, the theory would be to continue letting BI run the offense with Zion. Adding PG13 doesn't do much for that. Takes shots away.

They could make a 3 team trade like

Clips gettting

Jrue

Bucks

PG13

New Orleans get Bledsoe/fillers and 2 first picks from the Bucks.

I just think on a team that lacks veterans and leaders, Pels can't just trade out Jrue unless they're getting another one back. Not sure Bledsoe is that at all.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:56 pm    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
CRoost wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Lou Will was a Laker once and basically became the entire offense when he was on the floor.

When he wasn't, and had to play next to PG and Kawhi, it was like he disappeared.

I think Lou did a great job in the regular season. His OPRM is 3.39 which is one of the best in the league for lead guards and off he’s playing off the bench to boot. Outside of Lebron and AD, there’s really no one in our team that can make and create shots like Lou. Rondo is more for the playoff but in the regular season, we can rely on Lou to make things happen and Lebron can stay on half gear.

He's not a fit for this roster. Even Rondo isn't unplayable during the playoffs. Lou is. He is a complete sieve defensively. And Lou's playoff history is not good even on offense. Never mind that I can't see the Clippers trading him to us.

I never advocate for him to be that playoff type. I just said it’s clear throughout the regular season that we need more offensive option and Lou fit the bill .

So you want him for a specific regular season role. OK, but the issue there is that the Clippers aren't going to just give him away, and the Lakers aren't going to give the Clippers anything of value now that Magic Johnson is thankfully not pulling the trigger on moves. He's just not a good fit for what Vogel likes to do.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:58 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:

PG13 for Westbrook.

That’s a nice thought out trade LakerMindLA, props... Westbrook coming back home is just what he needs at this moment of his career, not sure how PG will fit with Harden but they have nothing to lose with no championship in sight.
iimarshon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:00 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
CRoost wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Jrue is a great positive locker room leader and would leave a massive gaping hole. Plus, the theory would be to continue letting BI run the offense with Zion. Adding PG13 doesn't do much for that. Takes shots away.

Clips gettting

Jrue

Bucks

PG13

I just think on a team that lacks veterans and leaders, Pels can't just trade out Jrue unless they're getting another one back. Not sure Bledsoe is that at all.

Pels wont trade Jrue for Bledsoe.

They'll likely trade him for LeVert.
iimarshon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:02 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:

PG13 for Westbrook.

Clippers wouldn't do that IMO.

Clips wont trade Paul George (in fact there's a decent chance they even extend him this offseason), but if we're throwing out proposals I think a more interesting one is

Porzingis for Paul George

PG is a better fit for Luka and if it doesnt work out the Mavs would have 2 max spaces avail for Summer 2021.

The proposal I've been throwing out for Clippers is:

S&T Harrell + Lou or Beverly + Shamet

for

Gobert
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:05 pm    Post subject:

Gobert would be a nice fit with the Clippers, likely means Zu gets his minutes decreased unless he develops a jumper and they play him at the 4.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:09 pm    Post subject:

iimarshon wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
CRoost wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Clips gettting

Jrue

Bucks

PG13

imagine Ingram and LeVert Dribbling the heck out of the ball while Zion needs the ball
iimarshon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:10 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Gobert would be a nice fit with the Clippers, likely means Zu gets his minutes decreased unless he develops a jumper and they play him at the 4.

Maybe Zu is included too.

I think Jazz are open to trading Gobert (who's expiring) and getting depth might be a better call.

For Clippers - you improve your defense and get more verticality while also keeping Summer 2021 flexibility since Gobert only has one more year left.
iimarshon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:10 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
iimarshon wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
CRoost wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Clips gettting

Jrue

Bucks

PG13

imagine Ingram and LeVert Dribbling the heck out of the ball while Zion needs the ball

I dont think Lonzo is on the Pelicans next year.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:12 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
CRoost wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
CRoost wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

So you want him for a specific regular season role. OK, but the issue there is that the Clippers aren't going to just give him away, and the Lakers aren't going to give the Clippers anything of value now that Magic Johnson is thankfully not pulling the trigger on moves. He's just not a good fit for what Vogel likes to do.

Lol, you should consider all the possibilities that even Lebron may miss a lot of games in the regular season like last year. Clips will not make a trade but will you want Clarkson if our MLE can afford him? Lou can easily fit the role as our microwave scorer and a playmaker off the bench. Maybe in the playoff where everything runs through Lebron and defense will take effect that Lou will become a non factor.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:13 pm    Post subject:

iimarshon wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Maybe Zu is included too.

I think Jazz are open to trading Gobert (who's expiring) and getting depth might be a better call.

For Clippers - you improve your defense and get more verticality while also keeping Summer 2021 flexibility since Gobert only has one more year left.

Gobert getting traded from the Jazz has been a given since his relationship with Mitchell went sour and the whole COVID situation.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:14 pm    Post subject:

^
I don't want Clarkson.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:23 pm    Post subject:

Paul George for Nikola Vucevic works in the trade checker... thoughts?
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:23 pm    Post subject:

iimarshon wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

I dont think Lonzo is on the Pelicans next year.

i said Zion. not Lonzo
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:27 pm    Post subject:

Do we have a pick this year?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:29 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:

Yes. We have the 28th pick.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:30 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:

Yes, the 28th
iimarshon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:31 pm    Post subject:

IF IF IF (no jinx) Lakers win it this year and they decide not to make any major trades (i.e. they keep Kuzma -- and they find out that Green + 2020 1st can't get them a Dinwiddie type), then what are you doing in FA?

Cos Dragic and Crowder will be out of our price range.

We'd have the 9.5m MLE + 3.5m bi annual exception.

My Targets:
• Trevor Ariza (non guaranteed deal w POR)
• Jordan Clarkson
• Alec Burks
• Darren Coillison
• Trey Burke
• Wesley Matthews
• Jeff Green (minimum)
• DJ Augustin

Clarkson might be the best if we want a creator who can help score - especially with the bench.

I think Ariza, who shot 40% with Portland, would be a great veteran target for us especially to give us a bigger wing defender.

I think we might use the bi annual exception on Kief.

Ideal for me is Ariza + Clarkson/Collison/Burks (with Clarkson prob not being tooo likely as i think he will get a decent deal this offseason).
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:40 pm    Post subject:

whats so special about Darren Collision? after getting screwed around last trade deadline, we still looking to sign that fool?
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:43 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
whats so special about Darren Collision? after getting screwed around last trade deadline, we still looking to sign that fool?

Because he's still probably the best PG the Lakers can get in free agency.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:56 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

just draft 1 with 28, keep playoff Rondo around and spend MLE on a defensive wing
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:01 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

Lots of unknown to even say this is true or not
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4703, 4704, 4705 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 4704 of 8560
Jump to: