2020 NBA Season Restart /NON LAKER RESTART GAMES
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 249, 250, 251 ... 274, 275, 276  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:16 am    Post subject:

I can’t wait to hear what Championship Chuck says about these losers
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:21 am    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:

Poor Barkley....the guy has become a meme. When he was a player nobody could take him as a joke and the guy was clutch who came up big in big moments (guy was mentally strong and had great confidence in himself - noticeably mentally tougher than his greatest peer Karl Malone). In the biggest moments when it was up to him, I always had belief in Charles Barkley but always felt Karl Malone was shaky. Thankfully for the Jazz, they their own version of Mr. Clutch who was mentally unshakeable: John Stockton
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:30 am    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
This is when working from home is a problem. I can't look away from all the Clippers slander on ESPN and reddit.

This, can’t get anything done.

danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:39 am    Post subject:

BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
This is when working from home is a problem. I can't look away from all the Clippers slander on ESPN and reddit.

This. My productivity today is at an all-time low
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:52 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
PenG_ wrote:

Same Between fantasy football and laughing at the Clippers, this "work" day will go by quickly!
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:53 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Bol wrote:
Kawhi showed winning wasn't his top priority by choosing the Clippers instead of the Lakers or Raptors. Great player for sure but he's a soldier, not a leader. A soldier who sits out half the season by choice, that is. I also think he got way overrated for a championship run in Toronto that a) wasn't that impressive in retrospect when you look at the competition and b) was helped a lot by teammates who have now proven they're pretty damn good without him. And of course Paul George is just a choker, no surprise there. The team was just plain overrated the whole season. The play on the court didn't match the hype.

Not sure I would go that far on Kawhi. I think the clippers collectively just talked too much (bleep) and buckled under pressure. It’s not easy to perform when all eyes are on you. That’s why the Lakers are kings of LA and the NBA. They have been a successful franchise under the most pressure in the league.

Clippers can try to be LA all they want. They got a long way to go to understand succeeding under that type of pressure.

That's the rub. When you win your decisions are great, when you lose you're an idiot for doing it.

Carmelo was seen as the "anti-LeBron"(in a positive way) for staying with the Knicks instead of going to the Bulls or the Lakers. The media sang his praises for not going to a 'super team'.

Then a few years of the Knicks not winning because they had nothing and never tried to build anything once they re-signed Carmelo.. then the story became he 'didn't care about winning' and 'was an idiot for not forming a Super Team' and how not going to the Lakers or the Bulls to form that Super Team was evidence he didn't care about winning.

Kawhi Leonard leaves a Championship team and goes to the Clippers, he's 'not settling for winning in a weak East' and 'has an old school mentality and wants to go AT LeBron instead of teaming with him' and 'he brought the NBA back by not forming a Super Duper Team(like Durant) as well as saying no to the Weak East."

Now when he loses he's an 'idiot for not joining LeBron and AD' or 'an idiot for not staying in Toronto' and now 'winning was NEVER his priority!' because of those decisions.

You see all this, and realize that had Kevin Durant stayed with the Thunder and kept losing with Westbrook, whom isn't a viable 2nd option on a Championship Team(which people have finally come around to) he'd be being called an idiot for not joining a super team, it'd be said he didn't care about winning, it'd be said that he couldn't be the main guy on a Championship roster, etc etc etc.

Loyalty means diddly squat and only buys you a season of good will before you're judged by the results instead.

The rub is, you get a LOT OF CREDIT, for taking the more difficult path, you get called 'old school', you get called 'real', but you also get twice the blame and scrutiny when you don't win, because of that. And all the media that sang your praises, is now calling you an idiot for not taking the path that would have lead to more winning. You're a 'punk' if you do, you're an 'idiot' if you don't, that's the game.

Thats why when players go into Free Agency they need to not give a darn what the media thinks of them or their decisions. They'll have much more successful careers from it.
lordtrapula
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:48 am    Post subject:

I still can't believe Kawhi went out that way.

Clippers really are losers, I don't know how anyone takes them serious after that choke job lol
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:54 am    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
loslakersss wrote:

Poor Barkley....the guy has become a meme. When he was a player nobody could take him as a joke and the guy was clutch who came up big in big moments (guy was mentally strong and had great confidence in himself - noticeably mentally tougher than his greatest peer Karl Malone). In the biggest moments when it was up to him, I always had belief in Charles Barkley but always felt Karl Malone was shaky. Thankfully for the Jazz, they their own version of Mr. Clutch who was mentally unshakeable: John Stockton

He gave himself that nickname as a joke when talking about Playoff P. He said you can’t call yourself playoff P when you disappear in the playoffs, you don’t see me calling myself championship chuck. Lol
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:32 am    Post subject:

I don't begrudge Kawhi believing that the best place for he and his family to be in was LA, and if he thought that joining the Lakers would essentially not be a challenge because we'd be such prohibitive favorites that way and he wanted the challenge, OK, I can accept that logic. (Though I do begrudge him for stringing us along, but that's another story.) However, he wasn't willing to actually see beyond the trees. He demanded the move for PG, or he wasn't coming. They gave up a strong young piece in SGA and all of those draft picks. Now, if he was smart, he would have seen that PG is a space cadet who had come off two straight playoff clunkers (now make it three) and wasn't worth such a massive treasure trove of assets. If Kawhi had any commitment to the Clippers, he could have signed the longest deal possible and allowed them to use their treasure trove of assets to actually make a trade for the right star. Who knows who would have become available.

Yes, in theory Kawhi and PG are both great two-way wings, but did their games complement each other well? Ehh, not really, and then the vaunted Clipper front office constructed a team where they didn't have a single talented ballhandler/creator on the floor who wasn't a complete liability on defense. Kawhi's mistake was only agreeing to sign there if they gave up their future for a player who simply wasn't good enough. And now there's a very real chance that their window will close after next season, with the draft picks gone. You'd think the Clippers would have intense motivation for next season. But Kawhi's body isn't capable of going all-out and he needs to be load-managed, and what makes people think PG will stop being a space cadet who buckles under the pressure?
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:35 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
I don't begrudge Kawhi believing that the best place for he and his family to be in was LA, and if he thought that joining the Lakers would essentially not be a challenge because we'd be such prohibitive favorites that way and he wanted the challenge, OK, I can accept that logic. (Though I do begrudge him for stringing us along, but that's another story.) However, he wasn't willing to actually see beyond the trees. He demanded the move for PG, or he wasn't coming. They gave up a strong young piece in SGA and all of those draft picks. Now, if he was smart, he would have seen that PG is a space cadet who had come off two straight playoff clunkers (now make it three) and wasn't worth such a massive treasure trove of assets. If Kawhi had any commitment to the Clippers, he could have signed the longest deal possible and allowed them to use their treasure trove of assets to actually make a trade for the right star. Who knows who would have become available.

Yes, in theory Kawhi and PG are both great two-way wings, but did their games complement each other well? Ehh, not really, and then the vaunted Clipper front office constructed a team where they didn't have a single talented ballhandler/creator on the floor who wasn't a complete liability on defense. Kawhi's mistake was only agreeing to sign there if they gave up their future for a player who simply wasn't good enough. And now there's a very real chance that their window will close after next season, with the draft picks gone. You'd think the Clippers would have intense motivation for next season. But Kawhi's body isn't capable of going all-out and he needs to be load-managed, and what makes people think PG will stop being a space cadet who buckles under the pressure?

I agree 100%.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:38 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
danzag wrote:
PenG_ wrote:

Same Between fantasy football and laughing at the Clippers, this "work" day will go by quickly!

Yeah, did a bunch of work this morning. Then decided to check in on the Clippers implosion talk.... an hour later.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:42 am    Post subject:

Here's some little artwork I did cuz I am not productive at all today.

https://i.gyazo.com/520f871f4c5765bbbb98aa958e807701.png
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:48 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/TMZ/status/1306302466825232384?s=19
818fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:13 pm    Post subject:

This Clippers loss showed how many fans of other teams hated the Clippers too. They actually feel like the more hated team in LA for now
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:29 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
MJST wrote:
eureca wrote:
Dame's tweet to Beverly.

Quote:
Damian Lillard
@Dame_Lillard
@patbev21
I guess I should extend this Cancun invite since I haven’t made my arrangements yet

Dame's message about Paul George
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EiAgGX1X0AAoVHO?format=jpg&name=small

BRUTAL!!!

I'm out of the loop. What's the beef between Dame and Kawhi/PG?
strong9
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:30 pm    Post subject:

818fan wrote:
This Clippers loss showed how many fans of other teams hated the Clippers too. They actually feel like the more hated team in LA for now

That arrogance. It's cultural and its starts with the owner.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:31 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
MJST wrote:
eureca wrote:
Dame's tweet to Beverly.

Quote:
Damian Lillard
@Dame_Lillard
@patbev21
I guess I should extend this Cancun invite since I haven’t made my arrangements yet

BRUTAL!!!

LINK
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:42 pm    Post subject:

strong9 wrote:
818fan wrote:

No facts to backup the talk

Bunch of clowns
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:44 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
danzag wrote:
4th quarter stats

Kawhi Leonard
- 0 pts
- 0-5 FG
- 0-2 3PT
- 0-0 FT

Paul George
- 0 pts
- 0-6 FG
- 0-5 3PT
- 0-0 FT

I’m not saying I could do better...but I couldn’t do worse.

Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:49 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
MJST wrote:
eureca wrote:
Dame's tweet to Beverly.

Quote:
Damian Lillard
@Dame_Lillard
@patbev21

BRUTAL!!!

LINK

Thanks. Figures that Beverly was the instigator. That bum just can't shut up. Gotta love Dame.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:41 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
MJST wrote:
eureca wrote:
Dame's tweet to Beverly.

Quote:
Damian Lillard
@Dame_Lillard
@patbev21

BRUTAL!!!

LINK

Thanks. Figures that Beverly was the instigator. That bum just can't shut up. Gotta love Dame.

Dame is all class. So much respect for him
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:05 pm    Post subject:

strong9 wrote:
818fan wrote:

You know what really bugged me?
They would have this narrative that Lakers were hollywood and the clippers were the for the blue collar L.A. folk. Anyone from L.A. would know that was BS cuz Lakers are for blue collar, white collar, no collar! But foolish folk not from l.a. would eat that narrative up.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:17 pm    Post subject:

Hi. I’m still happy and gloating
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:31 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
Hi. I’m still happy and gloating

What a beautiful day it is today
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:34 pm    Post subject:

it's actually sad that i can't imagine i'll be more ecstatic when Lakers wins the title this year compare to what i'm feeling now. that's how deep my hatred toward the Clippers is.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 249, 250, 251 ... 274, 275, 276  Next
Page 250 of 276
Jump to: