Hollywood Hoops: Clippers Collapse - It's Nuggets in WCF!

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:20 pm    Post subject: Hollywood Hoops: Clippers Collapse - It's Nuggets in WCF!

Hey All,

Latest @hollywood_hoops Ep 203 w/@JoshMartinNBA The Clippers Collapse Against the Nuggets, Lakers Face Denver in WCF. What to expect in the next round! @lineups https://www.spreaker.com/user/11494655/hollywood-hoops-clippers-collapse-nuggets-lakers

EP
akgolf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:38 am    Post subject:

Thanks Eric.

Wow!
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:14 am    Post subject:

Clippers had a great team, they put fear into the hearts of Lakers fans (at least early in the year), they blew out great teams, they convinced tons and tons of sports writers that they were by far the best in the west...

But alas, when it came time to step up, they faded miserably in crunch time and have to rethink and retool as they will probably be losing their best bench guy..
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:45 am    Post subject:

If I've said it once I've said it a thousand times, the Clippers have the best team on paper but you don't win ships on paper, you win them on the 94 by 50 hardwood. Up 3 1 and let it get away. Big time LINK

The Curse of Donald T. Sterling

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
StoicChalice392
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:03 pm    Post subject:

Still waiting on Windbag, Nichols, and Mcmillan to issue public apologies for their dog and pony show crowning the Clips NBA champs before the season even started.
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:44 pm    Post subject:

Latest at @BleacherReport NBA Execs Weigh in on Potential Harden, Westbrook Trades for Houston Rockets - No, don't expect Harden to be moving on but what's next for Houston is unclear...
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2909328-nba-execs-weigh-in-on-potential-harden-westbrook-trades-for-houston-rockets
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:47 pm    Post subject:

Before the season I had the West top as:

1) Rockets
2) Lakers
3) Clippers

noting that the Rockets were built for the regular season and that they'd be no issue getting through.

I also had the Lakers and Clippers in the 2nd round with the Lakers getting by them - though it would be very difficult.

The issues the Clippers had became clear and I said this many many times on the podcast - Lou can't do what he does regular season in the playoffs and he's a defensive liability.

Taking away Lou takes away Montrezl who is also a defensive liability (against Jokic, in other series he can do certain things well).

w/o Lou the Clippers are reliant on role players like Beverley and Jackson who are not (good) point guards - or Shamet - or PG/Kawhi at the point. That can work regular season but in the playoffs when teams are scheming against you?

Nope.

That and PG has shown he isn't clutch - was inevitable - I just thought it'd be vs the Lakers
fubby1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:49 pm    Post subject:

Thanks EP !

Great win for Nuggets, haven’t seen a beating like that since Ralphie handed it to Scut Farcus. I believe Lakers would have done the same, if not worse.

Lakers will be rested and ready.
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:44 am    Post subject:

Latest @BleacherReport Is Anthony Davis the Best Teammate LeBron James Has Ever Had? Insiders Weigh In https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2909650-is-anthony-davis-the-best-teammate-lebron-james-has-ever-had-insiders-weigh-in
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:06 pm    Post subject:

If the Lakers bring home the Larry O'Brien I'll put AD as the best teammate. Bron and AD don't have much consistency surrounding them. I have him as the best big man.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: