2020 NBA Season Restart /NON LAKER RESTART GAMES
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 250, 251, 252 ... 274, 275, 276  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:41 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
I don't begrudge Kawhi believing that the best place for he and his family to be in was LA, and if he thought that joining the Lakers would essentially not be a challenge because we'd be such prohibitive favorites that way and he wanted the challenge, OK, I can accept that logic. (Though I do begrudge him for stringing us along, but that's another story.) However, he wasn't willing to actually see beyond the trees. He demanded the move for PG, or he wasn't coming. They gave up a strong young piece in SGA and all of those draft picks. Now, if he was smart, he would have seen that PG is a space cadet who had come off two straight playoff clunkers (now make it three) and wasn't worth such a massive treasure trove of assets. If Kawhi had any commitment to the Clippers, he could have signed the longest deal possible and allowed them to use their treasure trove of assets to actually make a trade for the right star. Who knows who would have become available.

Yes, in theory Kawhi and PG are both great two-way wings, but did their games complement each other well? Ehh, not really, and then the vaunted Clipper front office constructed a team where they didn't have a single talented ballhandler/creator on the floor who wasn't a complete liability on defense. Kawhi's mistake was only agreeing to sign there if they gave up their future for a player who simply wasn't good enough. And now there's a very real chance that their window will close after next season, with the draft picks gone. You'd think the Clippers would have intense motivation for next season. But Kawhi's body isn't capable of going all-out and he needs to be load-managed, and what makes people think PG will stop being a space cadet who buckles under the pressure?

This is precisely what i was saying in the off-season again and again. I NEVER understood how any so called expert basketball analysts can come to the conclusion that 2 dudes that play the EXACT SAME POSITION and similar games would mesh better than a transcendent passer and transcendent PnR guy. Coming to that conclusion is gd inexcusable. It was pretty jarring to see how it was almost unanimous among the talking heads that the Clippers would be a well oiled machine and the Lakers were going to have massive teething issues. So, so stupid.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:42 pm    Post subject:

Analysts are just regular people that get paid to share their (bleep) opinions on national TV.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:50 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
I don't begrudge Kawhi believing that the best place for he and his family to be in was LA, and if he thought that joining the Lakers would essentially not be a challenge because we'd be such prohibitive favorites that way and he wanted the challenge, OK, I can accept that logic. (Though I do begrudge him for stringing us along, but that's another story.) However, he wasn't willing to actually see beyond the trees. He demanded the move for PG, or he wasn't coming. They gave up a strong young piece in SGA and all of those draft picks. Now, if he was smart, he would have seen that PG is a space cadet who had come off two straight playoff clunkers (now make it three) and wasn't worth such a massive treasure trove of assets. If Kawhi had any commitment to the Clippers, he could have signed the longest deal possible and allowed them to use their treasure trove of assets to actually make a trade for the right star. Who knows who would have become available.

Yes, in theory Kawhi and PG are both great two-way wings, but did their games complement each other well? Ehh, not really, and then the vaunted Clipper front office constructed a team where they didn't have a single talented ballhandler/creator on the floor who wasn't a complete liability on defense. Kawhi's mistake was only agreeing to sign there if they gave up their future for a player who simply wasn't good enough. And now there's a very real chance that their window will close after next season, with the draft picks gone. You'd think the Clippers would have intense motivation for next season. But Kawhi's body isn't capable of going all-out and he needs to be load-managed, and what makes people think PG will stop being a space cadet who buckles under the pressure?

This is precisely what i was saying in the off-season again and again. I NEVER understood how any so called expert basketball analysts can come to the conclusion that 2 dudes that play the EXACT SAME POSITION and similar games would mesh better than a transcendent passer and transcendent PnR guy. Coming to that conclusion is gd inexcusable. It was pretty jarring to see how it was almost unanimous among the talking heads that the Clippers would be a well oiled machine and the Lakers were going to have massive teething issues. So, so stupid.

Jordan and Pippen is viewed as the greatest duo of all time. Although comparing George to Pippen is laughable and Leonard to Jordan is like .....just stop. Although we all know the best duo is really Kobe-Shaq as their primes meshed.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:50 pm    Post subject:

And speaking of analysts (thank you for the segue BadGuy) BBallbreakdown has this very, VERY interesting take

I saw more problematic defense from Kawhi in this series than I ever had before... (his quad issue could very well be limiting mobility)

https://twitter.com/bballbreakdown/status/1306276090445352960

WELL WELL WELL ...
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:52 pm    Post subject:

Oh wow, I didn't see this. WHAT WAS THIS FROM KAWHI? The defensive master didn't even try, my my my

https://twitter.com/bballbreakdown/status/1306269142626885634
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:55 pm    Post subject:

I'm definitely re-watching that 4th quarter tonight.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:23 pm    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Jordan and Pippen is viewed as the greatest duo of all time. Although comparing George to Pippen is laughable and Leonard to Jordan is like .....just stop. Although we all know the best duo is really Kobe-Shaq as their primes meshed.

True MJ and Pip were similar in build and both savages on defense but on offense they were nothing alike. Pip wasn't a voracious scorer but he was an elite facilitator for MJ. He filled in all the gaps to allow MJ to do MJ things. Can't say the same for Kawhi/George.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:25 pm    Post subject:

So Kawhi shot 31.3% from the field in the second half of the 7 Denver games. That's fabulous
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:30 pm    Post subject:

Pat Bev is a disgusting player. 30 seconds left in the game and he did this:

https://streamable.com/agsqdr
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:34 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:

I still like Pat Bev, although his value is much less in my head now compared to last yr playoff. We all need that dawg, a Draymond, a Rick Fox or Artest. That’s why Bradley who does it quietly is missed... at least we still has Rondo
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:34 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
Oh wow, I didn't see this. WHAT WAS THIS FROM KAWHI? The defensive master didn't even try, my my my

https://twitter.com/bballbreakdown/status/1306269142626885634

I think he's injured. Damaged goods going forward imo.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:39 pm    Post subject:

Brian Windhorst reveals the extent to which the Clippers are hated:

https://twitter.com/pickuphoop/status/1306340228639199239
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:44 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:

That's my worst nightmare when guys are out there in the final minutes of a game that's been blown open.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:47 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:

Is it slander if it's true?
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:48 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
drae wrote:

I still like Pat Bev, although his value is much less in my head now compared to last yr playoff. We all need that dawg, a Draymond, a Rick Fox or Artest. That’s why Bradley who does it quietly is missed... at least we still has Rondo

I think Kyle Kuzma can at least follow the Rick Fox route as he grows older. That jack of all trades expert at none guy whose calling card can be smart positional physical defense for a title team. I wont compare Kuzma's defense to Artest's or Draymond's. Artest and Draymond are just special game changers on defense
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:54 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
TDRock wrote:
Hi. I’m still happy and gloating

What a beautiful day it is today

Indeed

epic_ wrote:
drae wrote:

Is it slander if it's true?

Nope
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:10 pm    Post subject:

Nick Wright: Doc blew a 3-1 lead in the Bush administration, the Obama administration, and the Trump administration. Doesn't matter who's in office, doesn't matter what year it is. If you need a 3-1 lead blown, you know who to call.

LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:19 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/tmz/status/1306397499683471362?s=21

Enjoy way off P
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:59 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

Enjoy way off P

Hey #CountOnArye says his source says that the Dippers are looking into trading PG. What's your source say?
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:42 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Enjoy way off P

Hey #CountOnArye says his source says that the Dippers are looking into trading PG. What's your source say?

I’ll ask in a few weeks...his boy Kawhi just got eliminated might be a sore subject right now

I would not be surprised if PG is moved. Dude just can’t stick in one place and he can be the fall guy for Uncle Dennis and Ballz.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:48 pm    Post subject:

I hope PG gets traded just to see Dame and CJ’s reactions. “Keep switching teams, running from the grind”
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:12 pm    Post subject:

Paul George + Zubac for Embiid? Who says no?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Palin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:54 pm    Post subject:

Man media asked all year that who is 2nd ball handler for Lakers and who is 3rd scorer for Lakers?

Maybe Lakers lack those roles but Clippers lack 1st ball handler and 2nd scorer.

PG can only have the role of Bosh and Love, he isn't a Pippen.

Btw i am now sure that if we had Bynum and Ariza back in 2008 finals Doc would blew that 3-1 too.
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:58 am    Post subject:

Palin wrote:
Man media asked all year that who is 2nd ball handler for Lakers and who is 3rd scorer for Lakers?

Maybe Lakers lack those roles but Clippers lack 1st ball handler and 2nd scorer.

Btw i am now sure that if we had Bynum and Ariza back in 2008 finals Doc would blew that 3-1 too.

The most successful 2 superstar combinations were almost always a superstar big and a superstar wing player. Jordan + Pippen was an anomaly because Pip was like point forward type. That's why they survived even with mediocre PG's like Kerr, Paxton and BJ Armstrong.
Neither KL nor PG has above average playmaking skills. So there was nobody to steady the ship when the Nuggets went on a run.And Doc as usual was horrible with his in game adjustments or lack thereof.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:06 am    Post subject:

Palin wrote:

It was clear as day for the ones that couldn't comprehend the hype. It's unreal how the world turned into Walking Dead zombies about the Clippers. Guh...otherwordly deep....guh. Lou who? Foh. There should be press passes revoked left and right. Clown analysts and fans pumping up a clown ass team.

To see the Paper Clips and the Harden Rockets go down in smoke is some sort of karmic retribution. There's not a place in the basketball universe for that garbage.

Last edited by jonnybravo on Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 250, 251, 252 ... 274, 275, 276  Next
Page 251 of 276
Jump to: