WESTERN CONFERENCE FINALS 2020 DISCUSSION - Lakers vs Nuggets
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:09 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Single cover jokic and make him score inside to tire him out. Double Murray like harden and dame, make other players make shots

This is why you have a guy like AD.

Denver is a really good team with a lot of fight in them. They are so easy to respect coming back from two 3-1 deficits this year.

Champions welcome this type of competition.

Going to be a great series. Once we lock in on D, we've proven the championship ability to dismantle a team.

I expect the same in this series provided we respect our opponent, which I'm sure LeBron, AD, Vogel, and Handy will make sure we do.

#BannersOverBillboards

Last edited by CervantesRises on Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:24 am; edited 4 times in total
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:14 am    Post subject:

We can help off of Grant and Milsap...they can’t win the series with their 3 point shooting.

Put Jokic in the PnR as much as possible. AD is gonna make him work on both sides of the ball. Murray is amazing but we’ve had good practice with Dame/CJ then Harden/Westbrook.

We got this
Startrout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:36 am    Post subject:

Lakers in 4.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:47 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
Denver’s numbers are very inflated due to who they have played. Against the Lakers, Jokic is an above average center who can score 17-18 with some assists. Jamal Murray shot 16% from 3 against the Lakers. Not a 1-2 punch that remotely compares to what the Lakers have. They had to get insanely hot from 3 to win against the Clippers and they’re not going to have hot shooting to bail them out this time.

This seems a little too confident, but the Lakers are a bad, bad matchup for the Nuggets.

I’m just going by what I’ve seen all season. With the past Lakers teams, there would be those games where it would seem like teams seemed extra motivated just to play the Lakers and they could catch them on a day when the Lakers were just going through the motions. That doesn’t happen anymore. Teams seem scared to play them.

Maybe there was 1-2 games this year where the other team really brought it from start to finish but in general, the Lakers could take the game off and still be in striking distance at the end and in clutch moments, the Lakers are better than any team I’ve ever seen. They pulled out so many games that looked like losses early on and then I just learned to expect the heroics. When the situation calls for it, they can be the best inside scoring team, best free throw shooting team, best defensive team, best rebounding team, and best three point shooting team all at the same time.

When this team was put together, I thought defense and 3 point shooting would be their only weaknesses but as it turns out, they are elite at both.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:58 pm    Post subject:

When they win the wcf, do they touch the trophy?
They gotta right? Cuz a bunch of the kids haven't gotten that far before.

Big minute getters AD, KCP, Kuz, Kief and Alex haven't been this far.
And look at how much playoff experience we have with LeBron, Green, McGee, Dwight and Rondo. Even JR, Cook, Waiters and Dudley have been here before.

That's some crazy. Probably the most experienced group in the nba?
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:40 pm    Post subject:

I worry more about Murray than Jokic
Gellollo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:50 pm    Post subject:

Troy Daniels plays for Denver. Hope he doesnt have any Laker secrets to give away.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:54 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
I worry more about Murray than Jokic

Really? I wouldn't even worry about Murray if Jokic wasn't on the team.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:33 pm    Post subject:

LAII wrote:
KBandKB wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Interesting in 2006 we blew a 3-1 lead to the Suns when we could have had a chance to face the Clippers in the 2nd round and now it’s the Clippers who blow a 3-1 series lead and a chance to face us.

Honestly I usually think luck balances out but we were very unlucky in that series because we had outplayed the Suns in Game 6 and left them almost devoid of hope. Just that stupid ass bounce and failure to secure the rebound by Odom and subsequent shot by Thomas immediately jolted them.

Don't forget the Kwame Brown fly-by

Devon George not being able to throw it in the river.

You know I had burned all these terrible memories out of my mind, and it took a lot of drugs and alcohol to do it. Why bring all of these horrible things back up?

+1
KBandKB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:55 pm    Post subject:

Gellollo wrote:
Troy Daniels plays for Denver. Hope he doesnt have any Laker secrets to give away.

Good point. I remember Phil talking about how it was an advantage for the Spurs back in 04 against the Lakers because Rob Horry already knew some of the ATO sets and such, but it was that exact knowledge that led Rob to guard Kobe so well during the 0.4 shot that a wide open Fisher!
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:56 pm    Post subject:

Really a much better matchup for the Lakers and I don't mean that disrespectfully towards the Nuggets, they have a ton of heart and are a great team.

But Kawhi and company were killing the Lakers offensively consistently this season and the reality is Denver wasn't. Murray is great, but I think Uncle Frank will employ his "Harden Strategy" on him and Jokic (also tremendous) is going to find it tough going vs. the Lakers rotation of bigs than going against Zubac.
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:10 pm    Post subject:

Laker4lifer4real wrote:
LAII wrote:
KBandKB wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Interesting in 2006 we blew a 3-1 lead to the Suns when we could have had a chance to face the Clippers in the 2nd round and now it’s the Clippers who blow a 3-1 series lead and a chance to face us.

Honestly I usually think luck balances out but we were very unlucky in that series because we had outplayed the Suns in Game 6 and left them almost devoid of hope. Just that stupid ass bounce and failure to secure the rebound by Odom and subsequent shot by Thomas immediately jolted them.

You know I had burned all these terrible memories out of my mind, and it took a lot of drugs and alcohol to do it. Why bring all of these horrible things back up?

+1

It was great having Smush Parker, Luke Walton and Kwame Brown as starters.

I was also comforted in knowing Aaron McKie, Jim Jackson, Devean George and Brian Cook were coming off the bench.

Just a phenomenal team and I can understand how pundits and critics were confused as to how such a once in a lifetime team can lose to the overrated 2nd seed Suns.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:38 pm    Post subject:

Murray was obviously absurd in the first series:
32/6/6 on 55/53/92

But he was a little more contained against the Clippers:
22/4/6 on 45/44/90

Either way, his traditional and advanced stats are laughably higher than his regular season numbers. Not sure how long that continues.

He's attempting twice as many threes/game (8-4), yet making 50% compared to his regular season average of 35%.
Roger O. Thornhill
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:32 pm    Post subject:

Lakers in 6, after a 2-2 tie.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:01 pm    Post subject:

Apparently the Lakers seem to be getting the hottest scorer in the league every round.

Lillard Harden now Murray

So Lakers should be used to this.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:11 pm    Post subject:

GTL wrote:
Laker4lifer4real wrote:
LAII wrote:
KBandKB wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

+1

It was great having Smush Parker, Luke Walton and Kwame Brown as starters.

I was also comforted in knowing Aaron McKie, Jim Jackson, Devean George and Brian Cook were coming off the bench.

Just a phenomenal team and I can understand how pundits and critics were confused as to how such a once in a lifetime team can lose to the overrated 2nd seed Suns.

Usually I understand the narratives that are used to select the MVP for a particular year and so I understand why Shaquille O'Neal only won 1 MVP - it actually makes sense. But in Kobe's case it doesn't. This was the only MVP race - 2006 - where I was like WTF man. Do you not see the trash that Kobe dragged to the playoffs?????? I understand Amare being out but you gotta be kidding me to select Nash over Kobe this year. Nash the year before I understand as he completely turned the Suns around from trash to a 62 win team. Lakers dont even win 15 games this year without Kobe - I am not exaggerating, I dont think that team wins 15 games that year without Kobe.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:04 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
George Karl
@CoachKarl22

The Nuggets will win some games against the Lakers. I’m not sure yet if it will be four.

Who will LeBron make better? Who will Jokic make better? Benches will really matter.

I do know I really hate the Lakers still!!!

Haha. I love it
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:39 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Quote:
George Karl
@CoachKarl22

The Nuggets will win some games against the Lakers. I’m not sure yet if it will be four.

Who will LeBron make better? Who will Jokic make better? Benches will really matter.

Haha. I love it

Is he trying to get his son fired?
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:52 pm    Post subject:

Boy the Nuggets fans across the internet are awfully chesty today. When a fan base is this cocky before a series you can be damn sure they’re gonna blame the refs and/or go full conspiracy mode after they lose.

It’s gonna be great.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:33 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Quote:
George Karl
@CoachKarl22

Haha. I love it

But we love him because we were always beating his ass in PO. He was scared of Kobe like hell.
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:06 am    Post subject:

I was just looking at team statistics to compare the Lakers and Nuggets. One site (link) compared the total % rebounds for the last three games versus the season. For example, it shows that it the last three games the Lakers got 60.6% of the rebounds while Houston only got 39.4%. Similary, in the last three games of the Clippers and Nuggets, the Nuggets got 54.8% of the rebounds while the Clippers only got 45.2%. That is a big enough discrepancy to be the difference between winning and losing the series. Pat Riley used to tell the Showtime Lakers, "No rebounds, no rings." We talk about Murray and Jokic offensively leading the Nuggets to victory, but the story needs to include that the Clippers were just out rebounded. This is fundamental basketball. I expect the Lakers to be much more competitive rebounding in this series against the Nuggets.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:23 am    Post subject:

Annihilator wrote:
I was just looking at team statistics to compare the Lakers and Nuggets. One site (link) compared the total % rebounds for the last three games versus the season. For example, it shows that it the last three games the Lakers got 60.6% of the rebounds while Houston only got 39.4%. Similary, in the last three games of the Clippers and Nuggets, the Nuggets got 54.8% of the rebounds while the Clippers only got 45.2%. That is a big enough discrepancy to be the difference between winning and losing the series. Pat Riley used to tell the Showtime Lakers, "No rebounds, no rings." We talk about Murray and Jokic offensively leading the Nuggets to victory, but the story needs to include that the Clippers were just out rebounded. This is fundamental basketball. I expect the Lakers to be much more competitive rebounding in this series against the Nuggets.

We need to rebound like the 90's Trailblazers. You should check out their rebounding stats throughout that decade. Its astounding how much they consistently and by how much they outrebounded other teams. Pat Riley should have kicked Kareem's ass more in practice because the criticism on him was his lazy rebounding in his later years. There was an excuses that he was sharing rebounding with other great rebounders but that excuse can only be made if you are like the 90's Blazers where you are completely outrebounding the other team by a very wide margin.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:37 am    Post subject:

Anyone know if Reggie Miller and Kevin Harlan are gonna call the games on TNT?
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:23 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

I like Kevin.
But please no Reggie or CWebb.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:28 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I like Kevin.
But please no Reggie or CWebb.

Much better then listening to SVG and the other random dude
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 7 of 27
Jump to: