The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1448, 1449, 1450 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:37 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I think he has several post-prime years where he can be all-NBA. This dude is ridiculous. I feel silly for being such a LBJ critic most of his years, but that was out of envy. I'm glad he chose to end his days with the Lakers. It's a Wilt to Lakers scenario except LBJ is far more of the main guy than Wilt was when he came.

I agree. He can be a facilitator, not having to score much.

I have learned this season not to doubt James too much. He has proven he has quite a bit left in the tank. More then I gave him credit for.

But I guess I haven’t learned my lesson well enough. Lol. Still don’t see James continuing to play at this level for multiple seasons. From both a physical and mental standpoint.

Man has a lot going on outside of the game. How motivated will he be to continue the grind of season after season? Especially with a lesser role? Ego has a part in his motivation. Potentially competing for Rings and the career scoring title enough?

As documented, the mileage on his body. Can he continue to remain healthy and compete for 35 mpg for multiple seasons? The above comparison to Kareem is a bit off. Kareem still played over 40mpg into his late 30s.

I’m thrilled with this James, this season. I’ll continue to hope he can maintain if not ramp it up for 8 more wins. I’ll worry about the additional pieces and James’ future after this season.

As for now, Lakers have a series to win. Going to be fun.
Let’s go James and Lakers!
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:45 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
danzag wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I think he has several post-prime years where he can be all-NBA. This dude is ridiculous. I feel silly for being such a LBJ critic most of his years, but that was out of envy. I'm glad he chose to end his days with the Lakers. It's a Wilt to Lakers scenario except LBJ is far more of the main guy than Wilt was when he came.

I have learned this season not to doubt James too much. He has proven he has quite a bit left in the tank. More then I gave him credit for.

But I guess I haven’t learned my lesson well enough. Lol. Still don’t see James continuing to play at this level for multiple seasons. From both a physical and mental standpoint.

Man has a lot going on outside of the game. How motivated will he be to continue the grind of season after season? Especially with a lesser role? Ego has a part in his motivation. Potentially competing for Rings and the career scoring title enough?

As documented, the mileage on his body. Can he continue to remain healthy and compete for 35 mpg for multiple seasons? The above comparison to Kareem is a bit off. Kareem still played over 40mpg into his late 30s.

I’m thrilled with this James, this season. I’ll continue to hope he can maintain if not ramp it up for 8 more wins. I’ll worry about the additional pieces and James’ future after this season.

Kareem MPG after age 33
34 : 35.2
35 : 32.3
36 : 32.8
37 : 33.3
38 : 33.3
39 : 31.3
40 : 28.9
41 : 22.9

Edit: Ah, I think you meant to say Wilt
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:52 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

He is gunning for Michael Jordan. I guarantee you that he will be giving it his all in the remaining basketball years. He will have a lifetime left after he leaves the court. Don't get that mixed up. I think he sees the finish line even more clearly with KAJ's scoring title, and possibly 1-2 more rings ahead for him. Guys like him will not lose sight of the prize. He's not going for lemon pepper chicken wings or a Danuel House booty call. He's locked in.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:53 am    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
danzag wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Kareem MPG after age 33

Actually now that I think about it, both.

Wilt in the sense LBJ joined the team when people thought he would be way past his prime/post-prime.

And KAJ in the sense that I can see him having that longevity up to his 40s.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:54 am    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
danzag wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Kareem MPG after age 33

You are correct. Appreciate the catch. I read Wilt, meant Wilt, was seeing Wilt in my head and wrote Kareem.

Apparently too many great Laker centers to keep organized in my old man brain. Lol
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:51 pm    Post subject:

I give LeBron great credit for his professional approach to maintaining his body and conditioning also.

It is so hard to do that over a super long career where you are the Main Guy on the team every single season. He may enjoy a glass of wine here or there as I recall in some of his social media posts, but this guy is like Kobe (and I don't say that lightly) in that he is laser focused on his objectives and goals.

He deserves all the money he makes, simply a true professional and still quite obviously in my mind the best player in the game even after a ridiculous number of seasons.

Just a flat out Man, period.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:17 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
danzag wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Kareem MPG after age 33

Actually now that I think about it, both.

Wilt in the sense LBJ joined the team when people thought he would be way past his prime/post-prime.

And KAJ in the sense that I can see him having that longevity up to his 40s.

How was Wilt past his prime? The year before he joined us he won the league MVP, while leading the league in rebounding, assists per game, field goal percentage, win shares, defensive win shares, and minutes played.

That's pretty prime to me!
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:58 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
waterman40 wrote:
Lebron is smelling the finals, we are going to see the freight train this series. Denver would be wise to double LeBron, and dare Davis to beat them.

He’s got to be looking at this like, I had to battle a 70-win Golden St team for like half a decade to win a ring, and now I’ve got Murray, Jokic, Butler and Tatum left in the tournament, I don’t have to travel and AD is on my team.

That Genie must have been real

I wish I could have seen his reaction when the clips lost. He would never admit it but I bet his confidence meter went through the roof. guy will be going ham on Denver, let’s just pray for good health
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:54 pm    Post subject:

LeBron went from an extended offseason, to a shortened season to several months off, to a playoff tournament without travel that doesn’t require him to play a healthy Golden St, Milwaukee or whatever the Clippers were supposed to be.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:53 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
LeBron went from an extended offseason, to a shortened season to several months off, to a playoff tournament without travel that doesn’t require him to play a healthy Golden St, Milwaukee or whatever the Clippers were supposed to be.

Not sure what you’re getting at, but the rest of the league and the Lakers face the same advantages and disadvantages that you’ve brought up. If you’re bringing up Asterisks, the Raptors and Kawhi won a championship against a team without Durant or Klay. How’s that for dumb luck?
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:20 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

Not sure what you’re getting at, but the rest of the league and the Lakers face the same advantages and disadvantages that you’ve brought up. If you’re bringing up Asterisks, the Raptors and Kawhi won a championship against a team without Durant or Klay. How’s that for dumb luck?

Lakers being #1 team lost all their home court advantage throughout the whole playoffs. Funny how people are now starting to bring the * stories again now that the Clippers got eliminated. Did not hear a peep about * before the playoffs started, and during POR/HOU series.
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:57 am    Post subject:

Lakers were the best team when the league stopped in March and were in the path of ensuring the first seed so we could load manage. Why a Lakers championship would deserve a *? Like AFireInside619 then we should consider the Raptors championship a * for winning against a team without 2 of their best players.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:48 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

Exactly. Does GS get an asterisk in 2015 when Lebron's best teammate was Dellavedova?
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:57 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:

Every team is playing in the exact same conditions as the Lakers and LeBron.

This talk is pure BS.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:58 am    Post subject:

Lebron will do what it takes to win as long as his body holds out. I think many nights he is happy to be the #2 scorer and get his triple double, or close to it. When AD is not feeling it, he can still take over and get his 30 points.

I think we will try to continue to pursue that third scorer, and if we are adding someone else who can score 15-20 every night, LeBron will be happy to be more and more the facilitator.

His intense Defense this year is what most surprised me, that he could play so hard at both ends, and still be very productive. I think he really wants his first championship with the Lakers. Will he coast afterwards? I don't think so but the pressure will be off in a sense.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:11 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

Every team is playing in the exact same conditions as the Lakers and LeBron.

This talk is pure BS.

Exactly. You only play the team in front of you, not the what ifs. The Buck and Clips were in the same scenario and both choked. The Warriors would have still been dealing with injuries and the loss of Durant had this been a normal season and would not have been in the playoffs.

Is Lebron supposed to suit up for the Bucks and Clips and Warriors to make sure they take care of business so that he can face them later in the playoffs?
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:22 am    Post subject:

The asterisks will be brought up by the salty fans of other teams that are fighting back their tears. MJ fans, in particular, will bring up the asterisk argument.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:47 am    Post subject:

SPO200 wrote:
Lakers were the best team when the league stopped in March and were in the path of ensuring the first seed so we could load manage. Why a Lakers championship would deserve a *? Like AFireInside619 then we should consider the Raptors championship a * for winning against a team without 2 of their best players.

Because there wasn’t a season this year. Hand picked teams got the opportunity to advance while others were ignored. This is nothing more than an invitational tournament and has little to do with the NBA season. An * for whoever wins the Invitational.
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:16 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
SPO200 wrote:

Because there wasn’t a season this year. Hand picked teams got the opportunity to advance while others were ignored. This is nothing more than an invitational tournament and has little to do with the NBA season. An * for whoever wins the Invitational.

What would have changed if the rest of the teams had played? Different lottery picks? More tanking? Maybe another team for the West's 8th seed? None of that matters for the Championship unless you really think that Lakers would have lost against the Spurs or the Pelicans.

The Lakers championship would also be the first one of a 1st seed without home court advantage. Instead of a * I would say that the championship would have even a higher value as they didn't have the biggest advantage that you have for being the best seed
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:38 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
SPO200 wrote:

Oh yeah, sending the 15 wins Warriors to the bubble would make a hell of a difference

But I guess if you can't understand why some teams were left out, there's no point in this discussing this at all
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:43 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
The asterisks will be brought up by the salty fans of other teams that are fighting back their tears. MJ fans, in particular, will bring up the asterisk argument.

I like what Pelinka said.. there is an asterisk, but it's more of a gold star. This one is extra special.

Not our fault the Clippers and Giannis shh the bed because otherwise this has been the best playoffs in a long long time and we've been dominant throughout.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:44 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
SPO200 wrote:

Oh yeah, sending the 15 wins Warriors to the bubble would make a hell of a difference

But I guess if you can't understand why some teams were left out, there's no point in this discussing this at all

dont feed the troll...
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:44 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

Lakers being #1 team lost all their home court advantage throughout the whole playoffs. Funny how people are now starting to bring the * stories again now that the Clippers got eliminated. Did not hear a peep about * before the playoffs started, and during POR/HOU series.

Ballmer's money doing work via media and social media
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:45 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

I like what Pelinka said.. there is an asterisk, but it's more of a gold star. This one is extra special.

Not our fault the Clippers and Giannis shh the bed because otherwise this has been the best playoffs in a long long time and we've been dominant throughout.

with no Giannis or their favorite clippers the noises will only grow...
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:07 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
SPO200 wrote:

Lol. If any other player but Lebron was leading us you’d change your tune. Too bad for you that this will be the most legitimate ring in the last few years. Golden State with KD, no one takes seriously nor the Raptors ring.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1448, 1449, 1450 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 1449 of 2079
Jump to: