Zo Signs With Klutch Sports
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aiel
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Zo Signs With Klutch Sports

MJST wrote:
Tanlentueux wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Texas_Pete wrote:
https://twitter.com/RealGM/status/1305488468001386497?s=19

Could a reunion be in the cards? I'd be down with that.

Yuck. That boat has sailed. No thanks.
When I see Tatum blossom, I just wanna cry.

He'd have been traded for Davis too. So you'd probably feel the way you do when you see BI win the Most Improved Player award.

None of our draft picks(bar Kuzma) would have survived getting AD, so it's best not to dwell on who we didn't draft, as none of them but Kuzma would still be here currently.

Yes tatum would have been traded to N.O. but at least he wouldn't be on the Celtics. Big difference.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:17 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
governator wrote:
Zo at $10mil per, what’s the comp in that price range (Makes KCP a real steal)?

I have no idea how much someone will offer Zo.

That said, $10 million puts you with Matthew Dellavedova, Dante Exum, and Delon Wright

I'd take Lonzo over those guys... what about Clippers UFA, any $10mil-er, Montrezl? Marcus Morris?
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:06 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
activeverb wrote:
governator wrote:

That said, $10 million puts you with Matthew Dellavedova, Dante Exum, and Delon Wright

I'd take Lonzo over those guys... what about Clippers UFA, any $10mil-er, Montrezl? Marcus Morris?

Would rather have Kieff. Montrezl became unplayable in the playoffs.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:50 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
governator wrote:
activeverb wrote:
governator wrote:

Why was he so good in the regular season but so bad in the playoffs? Who is a similar player to Harrell historically?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:14 am    Post subject:

^ remember when Trez called himself the modern day Rodman?
Hahaha. What an insult to Rodman. And what an insult to the term modern day.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:19 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
AD23 wrote:
56% FT

That’s all you need to know

He is not a guy I would look at hard if I was the Lakers.

He just cannot shoot and I doubt he will be a starter again in the league, certainly not for a contending team.

Right now, Ball is probably a fringe starter. Don't think many people would rank him higher than the 25th best point guard or so. His value is more in what you think he could become than what he is right now.

That sounds about right. Overall, he's not a bad player, but he's not a good player, either. It's all about what you think he might become.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:23 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
activeverb wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
AD23 wrote:
56% FT

He just cannot shoot and I doubt he will be a starter again in the league, certainly not for a contending team.

Right now, Ball is probably a fringe starter. Don't think many people would rank him higher than the 25th best point guard or so. His value is more in what you think he could become than what he is right now.

That sounds about right. Overall, he's not a bad player, but he's not a good player, either. It's all about what you think he might become.

He tracks as pre-injury Shaun Livingston. Maybe he becomes a rich man's Brian Shaw.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:35 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:

He averaged 3 REBOUNDS PER GAME during the playoffs.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:46 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
epic_ wrote:

Modern day Robert Sacre
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
iimarshon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:51 am    Post subject:

I want Lonzo to go to Knicks or Bulls. I like him with LaMelo but i think they'll be on separate teams prob.

Lonzo +_ DAntoni would be fun but also (bleep) the Pels lol
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:07 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
danzag wrote:
epic_ wrote:

Modern day Robert Sacre

Montrez would be perfect on the Knicks, with their plethora of useless power forwards. The Clips should have just traded Trez straight up for Morris. 😝
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:28 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
AD23 wrote:
56% FT

And that percentage is from this last year--the best of his free throw percentages. A point guard who cannot shoot free throws is a real problem. Salesmen would love it since we would be constantly throwing things at the screens and breaking the televisions.

And ur current PG Avery took .5 free throws per game. 😂

No, the starting offensive pg (in terms of initiating the offense and distributing the ball) for the Lakers is Lebron James. Lebron, not Avery, is the one driving towards the basket and and drawing fouls. I don't expect Avery to get very many free throws at all.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:50 am    Post subject:

Annihilator wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
AD23 wrote:
56% FT

And that percentage is from this last year--the best of his free throw percentages. A point guard who cannot shoot free throws is a real problem. Salesmen would love it since we would be constantly throwing things at the screens and breaking the televisions.

No, the starting offensive pg (in terms of initiating the offense and distributing the ball) for the Lakers is Lebron James. Lebron, not Avery, is the one driving towards the basket and and drawing fouls. I don't expect Avery to get very many free throws at all.

lonzo will replace Avery and thats going to be his role. Avery took 0.5FTs this year.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:05 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
activeverb wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
AD23 wrote:
56% FT

He tracks as pre-injury Shaun Livingston. Maybe he becomes a rich man's Brian Shaw.

I can remember that Bill Simmons used to express a lot of frustration with Livingston, so that may be dead on the money.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:17 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
governator wrote:
activeverb wrote:
governator wrote:

Why was he so good in the regular season but so bad in the playoffs? Who is a similar player to Harrell historically?

Faried Manimal?
LakersPimp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:41 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
AD23 wrote:
56% FT

lonzo will replace Avery and thats going to be his role. Avery took 0.5FTs this year.

What y'all are not accounting for is the aging of LeBron. We can't continue with 1 dimensional offensive players around him. That's what makes tht so intriguing. Rondo is a threat to create off the dribble....lonzo.....needs a lot of work to be a contributor on a playoff team
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:04 am    Post subject:

I'd take Zo back, but what could we trade for him?

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:27 am    Post subject:

His free throw % increased to a whopping 56% this year. Imagine if he ever became good enough to induce a hack-a-lonzo, how would his team handle the situation?
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:32 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
His free throw % increased to a whopping 56% this year. Imagine if he ever became good enough to induce a hack-a-lonzo, how would his team handle the situation?

It's not a question of Hack-A-Ball. That has always been a debatable strategy, whether it involved Shaq or Howard or whoever. The serious problem is more nuanced. Suppose we have a small lead in the last minute or so. Lonzo is bringing the ball up the court. If he is a 50% free throw shooter, the opposing coach will often tell his players to foul him. If someone else brings the ball up the court, they can't pass it to Lonzo, because he would immediately be fouled. He would be such a liability in that sort of situation that he would have to be hidden on the bench.

That's the real point here. It's not that Ball shoots so many free throws that his percentage is a big deal in isolation. It's that he would be a prime target for tactical fouling at the end of games.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:58 am    Post subject:

GOODRICH25 wrote:
I'd take Zo back, but what could we trade for him?

Zo makes $11M next year. So trades wouldn't be that difficult when matching money. But I just dont see the Pels trading him unless there's an offer that blows them away. And I don't think the Lakers should sweeten the pot with picks to get him. Especially with Rich Paul being his agent and RFA coming up.

I guess it also depends on what the Pels do with Jrue Holiday.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:13 am    Post subject:

do we have a need for lonzo? in the future, perhaps.. but his strongest aspect is his passing... and lebron is gonna be the primary playmaker... at least during the regular season.

Rondo is 34, he's streaky, but he's a hell of a facilitator. and you now he has your back going into battle. always. lonzo? eh, not so much.

i say the pels just resign all the kids and roll with them an zion. let it all pan out to see what they actually have.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:15 am    Post subject:

oaktown_dimond wrote:
do we have a need for lonzo? in the future, perhaps.. but his strongest aspect is his passing... and lebron is gonna be the primary playmaker... at least during the regular season.

Rondo is 34, he's streaky, but he's a hell of a facilitator. and you now he has your back going into battle. always. lonzo? eh, not so much.

i say the pels just resign all the kids and roll with them an zion. let it all pan out to see what they actually have.

Next season Rondo is 35. At some point the wheels will fall off. Seems like playoff Rondo is real, but his regular season play was pretty poor. So we would need someone to be dependable during the regular season.
Rek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:35 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:

Next season Rondo is 35. At some point the wheels will fall off. Seems like playoff Rondo is real, but his regular season play was pretty poor. So we would need someone to be dependable during the regular season.

Yup, I like Rondo maybe more than most. But, he hasn't been particularly dependable during the regular season. Bron can't play all the minutes. We could definitely use another primary ball handler and facilitator.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:24 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:

The wheels already fell off. He's barely a threat to drive and finish.

He's rely on all of the veteran savvy in the world (pushing pace, using simplified mid-transition playmaking) to make himself effective.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:41 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:

The wheels already fell off. He's barely a threat to drive and finish.

He's rely on all of the veteran savvy in the world (pushing pace, using simplified mid-transition playmaking) to make himself effective.

Agreed. Would be ideal as a 3rd PG off the bench given his age.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12
Jump to: