Official ANTHONY DAVIS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 964, 965, 966 ... 1423, 1424, 1425  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KBandKB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:04 pm    Post subject:

AD is already one of the most dominant players in the league. Now if he only added a post-up game, he would be THE most dominant player in the league.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:19 am    Post subject:

KBandKB wrote:
AD is already one of the most dominant players in the league. Now if he only added a post-up game, he would be THE most dominant player in the league.

He has a post game, but his post game is not the old school, back to the basket kind.

I do not think some people understand how difficult it is to change the style you grew up playing. He grew up playing like a PG-wing, and then grew way more than expected, and ended up being a Center (length wise). His mind, and his natural movements are all like a guard or SF. So he can back down guys but he is not a bully ball player. He prefers to fade, and shoot jumpers.

With Pau it was a bit different. Pau grew up being a low post player and had SF skills but he was always trained to be a bigman. He was soft on the defensive end, and Kobe and Phil helped him become a tough defensive player. That is where Pau changed the most was on the defensive end to hold post position, ground, not be pushed around on the block in terms of getting boards etc not so much on offense (IMO)

I would not call AD soft at all, because on the defensive he is tough as they come. He does not give up position or play soft. He is a physical presence and will come at you on D. Contest Westbrook to anyone 7 foot tall. He is a tower out there and jumps over guys. Look at the 2nd half, AD was the most dominant presence out there on D and the glass.

What we need from AD is become smarter with his shot selection. He can fall in love with shots and playing a way that is not the most optimal. To his credit he is doing it very efficient in the playoffs so far. However I think AD can become an even better iso player, if he takes less time to start his moves. He sometimes dribbles too much when he is in the mid-range and post area.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:59 am    Post subject:

We need AD to be focused and physical today from the get go, if him and Lebron have good games the rest of the team will also feel less tensed and start to have fun.
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:04 am    Post subject:

In the 2nd half, AD looked like 2008 KG defensively. He was disrupting everything out there.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:38 am    Post subject:

As of right now AD has the 3rd highest PER all time in a season playoff. Only two above him are 2008-09 LBJ and 1987-88 Hakeem.
D-Shiznit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:03 pm    Post subject:

all time in playoff points per game

Michael Jordan - 33.45

Anthony Davis - 30.05

Allen Iverson - 29.73

Jerry West - 29.13

Kevin Durant - 29.09

LeBron James - 28.87
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:15 pm    Post subject:

D-Shiznit wrote:

Michael Jordan - 33.45

Anthony Davis - 30.05

Allen Iverson - 29.73

Jerry West - 29.13

Kevin Durant - 29.09

LeBron James - 28.87

Sexy!!
πŸ’œπŸ’› πŸ† πŸ‘€ πŸ– #18!!!
lordtrapula
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:34 pm    Post subject:

AD averaging 5 assists for this series...he's not Jokic but that playmaking is getting better.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:21 am    Post subject:

lordtrapula wrote:
AD averaging 5 assists for this series...he's not Jokic but that playmaking is getting better.

Seems to be doing a better job passing out of the double team. Not getting as surprised by it seems to be the key.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:45 am    Post subject:

Its crazy that he is 27 and with only 22 playoff games played. Such a talent vested for many many years. Its a shame.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:11 am    Post subject:

D-Shiznit wrote:

Michael Jordan - 33.45

Anthony Davis - 30.05

Allen Iverson - 29.73

Jerry West - 29.13

Kevin Durant - 29.09

LeBron James - 28.87

When you factor that AI is just a scorer, and Durant while better than AD as a scorer is also mostly valuable in that regard, ADs value with what he does on D and boards, and all the screen setting on offense, the only 3 guys that did more than him on that list are Lebron, MJ and West, in terms of what they brought to their team. He is on a pretty sick list here, and yet some ppl compare him to a weaker version of Pau, and yearn for Ingram-Ball back
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:56 am    Post subject:

It's crazy how even some Lakers fans are taking AD for granted. He's not Shaq. But neither are most big men. He's a unique talent that's easily on a HOF trajectory. He needed that alpha leader to start pushing him and found one in LBJ. On the Pels he would sit out games where he got a minor little bump or bruise. He's playing through that now and I credit LBJ/Vogel and the team's ethos for that.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:58 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
It's crazy how even some Lakers fans are taking AD for granted. He's not Shaq. But neither are most big men. He's a unique talent that's easily on a HOF trajectory. He needed that alpha leader to start pushing him and found one in LBJ. On the Pels he would sit out games where he got a minor little bump or bruise. He's playing through that now and I credit LBJ/Vogel and the team's ethos for that.

Seriously.

Dude is basically averaging 29/11/4/2 while playing stellar defense.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:52 pm    Post subject:

He's quietly averaging 4.1 APG so far in the playoffs, and really seems to be progressing as a passer. He's had some sloppy moments, too, and will never be confused with Jokic, but his continued development in this area will really help us when teams double team him (which is often) and when LBJ sits.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:10 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Yep. Shaq isn't out there as a thread from the 3 point line and in. He's also not nearly the defender AD is. Obviously, I'd take Shaq but the point is, there are give and takes with every player. I'm just happy we have an All-NBA, MVP-caliber, DPOY caliber modern big man just entering his absolute prime.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:30 pm    Post subject:

I think PER is stupid. But for those that like that sort of thing

Quote:

RaΓΊl BarrigΓ³n
@BarriHoopsHype

BasketballChart with upwards trend @AntDavis23 has the best PER in NBA playoffs history. @Lakers

It's talking about career playoff PER.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:10 am    Post subject:

Are you guys excited about Paul Millsap guarding AD?
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:13 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:

That guy as a youngin along with Carlos Boozer was BBQ chicken for Pau. They want to try an old version of him to guard prime AD????? Whats worse than BBQ chicken????
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:24 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:

Your quote somehow reminded me of when we played the 2 explosive scorers Melo and Iverson in 2008 first round and how they were probably the best 8 seed of all time as they were a 50 win team in a western conference race that was never tighter in history. And we proceeded to destroy them in a sweep and Pau in his first playoff series with the Lakers absolutely destroyed Camby or anyone else the Nuggets tried to put on him while Kobe was having his fun against Kenyon Martin. This series should be more of the same with Lebron and AD feasting on these Nuggets in a clean easy sweep
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:28 am    Post subject:

Anthony Davis is by all accounts a #1. Our job is to pair him with a great point guard and a great coat, because will always need someone to set him up.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:31 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Anthony Davis is by all accounts a #1. Our job is to pair him with a great point guard and a great coat, because will always need someone to set him up.

Do you think Burlington is a good fit?
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:32 am    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
epic_ wrote:

Your quote somehow reminded me of when we played the 2 explosive scorers Melo and Iverson in 2008 first round and how they were probably the best 8 seed of all time as they were a 50 win team in a western conference race that was never tighter in history. And we proceeded to destroy them in a sweep and Pau in his first playoff series with the Lakers absolutely destroyed Camby or anyone else the Nuggets tried to put on him while Kobe was having his fun against Kenyon Martin. This series should be more of the same with Lebron and AD feasting on these Nuggets in a clean easy sweep

I'm leaning the same way. BBQ Chicken! Church's Spicy Chicken!
But can't be too overconfident and overlook the Nuggets. Cuz they're good enough to win. But like that '08 team, this team just needs to focus, pay attention to detail and don't take the foot off the gas.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:40 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:

What

Is

The

Exact

(bleep)

Bet

?

Nice and simple: If the Lakers are "eliminated in the second round" I pay you $200. If they are not, you pay me $200. Cool?

Done. DM me for Venmo info.

Hey, don't you owe me $200?
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:42 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:

What

Is

The

Exact

(bleep)

Bet

?

Nice and simple: If the Lakers are "eliminated in the second round" I pay you $200. If they are not, you pay me $200. Cool?

Terrible bet Baron *SMH*

Just throwing money away
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:48 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:

What

Is

The

Exact

(bleep)

Bet

?

Haha, my friend owes me $100 from that series, and he would have owed me $200 if the Clippers somehow made it through on a double or nothing bet. He said he was happy the Clippers didn't get to face the Lakers, so he only owed me $100
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 964, 965, 966 ... 1423, 1424, 1425  Next
Page 965 of 1425
Jump to: