Nuggets Pick&Roll/Pop
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:17 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
AllorNothing wrote:
It would have been nice to have Avery Bradley against Murray.

we didn't needed him against Dame/Harden/Westbrook/CJ. we don't need him going forward either...

That's the danger of not being there - they may realize that they don't need you! Google Wally Pipp.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:31 am    Post subject:

The Nuggets 2 man game with Jokic is the key to this series for us. Once we figure out a team defensively, we dismantle and dominate them. Frank already knows that Jokic is the key, because he builds their offense. So when you can contain Jokic, it becomes that much harder for everyone else.

I think we will utilize a lot of different looks at Joker, starting with McGee, then some AD and Howard.

What you probably want to do, is make him a scorer, and not let him find the open players as much. In the RS, I felt our bigs defended Jokic really well. Then defensively, you really make Jokic work and can get in his head, maybe. Jokic does not move his feet well on D. You involve him in a lot of screen-rolls defensively.

We will see, but I like that we have that supersized athletic team for a match up like this, and then can roll into a quicker more spaced out team with AD at the 5.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:47 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

<snip>
I think we will utilize a lot of different looks at Joker, starting with McGee, then some AD and Howard.

Plumlee is a great backup 5 as well. It'll be interesting to see which of McGee/Howard Vogel goes with against their bench.

Quote:

Jokic does not move his feet well on D. You involve him in a lot of screen-rolls defensively.

Agreed. Plus focus on beating him down the floor from the get go, so perhaps it will be Howard more than McGee in the early going.
PinoyLBJFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:44 am    Post subject:

Attack Jokic and put him in foul trouble as early as it can be.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:37 am    Post subject:

If that moron Bradley is here I would say Lakers in 5. I think our problem will be Murray more than Jokic. We have three guys to contain Jokic. More than enough. But to contain Murray I dont see anyone. KCP is not good enough and Green cannot do it also. Maybe Caruso but unlikely.
Lakers in 7.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:17 am    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:
If that moron Bradley is here I would say Lakers in 5. I think our problem will be Murray more than Jokic. We have three guys to contain Jokic. More than enough. But to contain Murray I dont see anyone. KCP is not good enough and Green cannot do it also. Maybe Caruso but unlikely.
Lakers in 7.

Bradley chose to stay at home and not take any chances due to his kid having respiratory problems. That's kind of weak to call him out like that imo.

Those same Lakers sure did a great job on the vastly superior Dame and Harden so why would it all of a sudden not work against an inferior player in Murray?

Honestly, if this goes 7 i'll probably have some major concerns about our team in the Finals.

Even without Bradley I say Lakers in 4-5 at most.
PinoyLBJFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:22 am    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:
Lakers in 7.

LBJ on Murray
AD on Jokic

Lakers in 4
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:23 am    Post subject:

hype wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:
Lakers in 7.

Bradley chose to stay at home and not take any chances due to his kid having respiratory problems. That's kind of weak to call him out like that imo.

Those same Lakers sure did a great job on the vastly superior Dame and Harden so why would it all of a sudden not work against an inferior player in Murray?

Honestly, if this goes 7 i'll probably have some major concerns about our team in the Finals.

Even without Bradley I say Lakers in 4-5 at most.

Thats complete bs for me. He didn't come because he didn't want to play and stay in bubble. His son is just excuse. No reason for that. His son is safe and sound at home. He is not coming with him in bubble nor he will visit him during bubble stay. If his son is sick or whatever he could always leave bubble the same day. Weak excuse. Shouldn't wear a Lakers jersey ever again.
For the thing about Harden and Dime I hope you are right.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:38 am    Post subject:

You're obviously a quality human being where you prioritize basketball over your family. You also seem to be able to read minds the way you know what's going on in others lives without knowing them at all.

I'm impressed by your superiority
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:02 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
You're obviously a quality human being where you prioritize basketball over your family. You also seem to be able to read minds the way you know what's going on in others lives without knowing them at all.

Explain me how his son is threatened by him being in bubble? And is he prisoner in bubble and cannot leave when he wants?
But anyway no point to spend words on Bradley. Not the topic really.
Hope we beat Denver ass and play for that ring after a decade.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:21 am    Post subject:

Let's destroy them in game 1! Lebron 25-2 in playoffs when up 1-0
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:53 am    Post subject:

Kobetan wrote:
Let's destroy them in game 1! Lebron 25-2 in playoffs when up 1-0

Both loses are finals with Miami right?

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:07 am    Post subject:

Both duos of stars will have their moments. The key will be the role players.

Which team can get impactful performances? Can the Lakers defense slow down the shotmaking of Denver’s role players? Can the Laker role players consistently hit shots?

We are about to find out. Going to be a great series.

Just hope the Lakers can start strong and set the tone tonight. IMO giving Denver any hope at all could be a big problem. Denver can be a dangerous team when in rhythm. Lakers can’t allow it.

Last edited by Four Decade Bandwagon on Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:18 am; edited 1 time in total
PinoyLBJFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:16 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Both duos of stars will have their moments. The key will be the role players.

Which team can get impactful performance romances? Can the Lakers defense slow down the shotmaking of Denver’s role players? Can the Laker role players consistently hit shots?

We are about to find out. Going to be a great series.

Just hope the Lakers can start strong and set the tone tonight. IMO giving Denver any hope at all could be a big problem. Denver can be a dangerous team when in rhythm. Lakers can’t allow it.

we need to take out that resilient mindset in them like the way we take Rocket's.
tkLAKERS
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:23 am    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:
defense wrote:

Explain me how his son is threatened by him being in bubble? And is he prisoner in bubble and cannot leave when he wants?
But anyway no point to spend words on Bradley. Not the topic really.
Hope we beat Denver ass and play for that ring after a decade.

It is obvious you don’t have any kids by your posts. When you do have kids, I believe your view on this subject will change. As a father, I tend to err on the side of caution when it comes to my kids, and no one really knew what to expect from Covid-19.
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:23 am    Post subject:

The Lakers will be able to defend the Pic&Roll action from Denver. We would have to Go Bick on Murray so when the pic comes we have someone who can get a hand up on Joker.

The great thing about AD is that his length can partly resolve that, however if it's Green or KCP on Murray then Joker will have a small switched on him and that could cause problems.

However the benefit we have is that if we go with our traditional lineup we'll have a Big on the back-end to help out and defend the rim/rebound.
This is what Clippers didn't have.

When Zubac went out of the lineup they got smaller and you can't go small on Denver they will eat you up.
Ultimately theyll have some success against the P&R, but not enough to contend with the Lakers Defense...
IF AD has the series we've all been waiting for him to have.
FORGET ABOUT IT!
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:03 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
If we play mcGee or Dwight on Jokic he'll likely try to drag them to the perimeter but we'll still have AD inside.

Milsap also plays on the perimeter, someone has to check him.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:09 am    Post subject:

Yea great question.
How do the Nuggets handle the Lakers Bron/AD pnr?
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:10 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I have the Lakers in 6 too.

Clips really didn't have the ideal bigs to match up with Jokic.

We'll start with JAV most likely who will rim run. Then likely Dwight to body blow Jokic. Mook may not see as much time in this round but maybe they want to keep the floor spread, but Jokic may overpower him. Then when Jokic is hitting fatigue at the 35mpg mark, NOW you have to guard AD.

Dwight will body blow Jokic on the perimeter? He would be in foul trouble before half time. Malone is too smart to put Jokic in a position to be pushed around. It will all be up to AD, he is the hope against Jokic. I’m not sure who can check Murray. As long as Grant and Harris don’t wake up offensively the P&R will be the only concern.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:32 am    Post subject:

PinoyLBJFan wrote:

THIS...!

Plus the Pillsbury Dough can't keep up with the Lakers running back on defense...
PinoyLBJFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:20 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
PinoyLBJFan wrote:

THIS...!

Plus the Pillsbury Dough can't keep up with the Lakers running back on defense...

And it happens
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: