THANK YOU DANNY GREEN (Traded to Philadelphia, from OKC)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 42, 43, 44  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:17 pm    Post subject:

DG keep it up buddy.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:49 am    Post subject:

DG with another opportunity to earn his money, guarding Murray in this series.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:10 am    Post subject:

Just wanted to point out that DG is on his way to his own title repeat!

Glad to see him finding his groove
13thOverallPick
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:17 am    Post subject:

Yup, his length has been disrupting in the defensive end.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:46 am    Post subject:

Yeah, he was easy to miss when you had such monster defensive performances like AD and Howard especially but he was quietly playing his role near flawlessly . On top of that he had a couple nice buckets as well.

The entire team had moments which was beautiful to see and they still played nowhere remotely close to there ceiling.
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:10 am    Post subject:

Luckily DG didn't suck out loud as Javale did but no more doubling in the post and stick to Jamal please!!
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:30 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Danny Green's teams have outscored their opponents by 217 points when he's on the floor in the last 2 playoffs.

That +217 +/- is the highest by any player on any team in that span.

https://twitter.com/statmuse/status/1307335372829941760?s=21
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:21 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
Danny Green's teams have outscored their opponents by 217 points when he's on the floor in the last 2 playoffs.

That +217 +/- is the highest by any player on any team in that span.

https://twitter.com/statmuse/status/1307335372829941760?s=21

Pretty obvious with any 1 with a eye test that Danny Green is a Impact player, he’s similar to Igoudala as far as making Impact without the amazing stats, glad Green is showing his value.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:53 pm    Post subject:

Danny Green may not have shot well, but he makes buckets when they needed it, and his hustle plays especially that offensive rebound to give Lakers the final possession was huge!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:38 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, absolutely nothing to complain about with him now. He has only gotten more and more solid as the Playoffs go. He has been great at occasionally sneaking offensive rebounds and his defensive effort and iq has went up drastically. A lot like Rondo, I think all he really cares about at this point in his career is getting more rings so he kind of puts it in cruise control in the regular season. I'm fine with that between both guys if they bring it like they both have in the Playoffs for this season and next!
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:30 am    Post subject:

hype wrote:
Yeah, absolutely nothing to complain about with him now. He has only gotten more and more solid as the Playoffs go. He has been great at occasionally sneaking offensive rebounds and his defensive effort and iq has went up drastically. A lot like Rondo, I think all he really cares about at this point in his career is getting more rings so he kind of puts it in cruise control in the regular season. I'm fine with that between both guys if they bring it like they both have in the Playoffs for this season and next!

Regular season is like warm up for these vets. Their real value comes when it matters. That’s why there’s no sense of analyzing them in regular season. Only greats can go in half gear and still looks elite. Role players like them with little to prove just coast along.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:04 am    Post subject:

hype wrote:

I literally CRINGE when this guy shoots. With the looks he gets, he should be at 55% from beyond the arc, not 35%. He's generally wide open.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:30 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
hype wrote:

I literally CRINGE when this guy shoots. With the looks he gets, he should be at 55% from beyond the arc, not 35%. He's generally wide open.

Yea. Only 37.0% from wide open 3s.
However, he's 44.8% on open 3s. LOL. His goal should be to wait till his defender gets within 4-6 feet.
πŸ’œπŸ’› πŸ† πŸ‘€ πŸ– #18!!!
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:35 am    Post subject:

How bout some major props for that sick block he had on Millsap? slowly but surely, Green is playing at a pretty nice level right now.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:47 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
hype wrote:

However, he's 44.8% on open 3s. LOL. His goal should be to wait till his defender gets within 4-6 feet.

He seems better when he has a fly by and is leaning forward.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:49 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
How bout some major props for that sick block he had on Millsap? slowly but surely, Green is playing at a pretty nice level right now.

Definitely. When we signed him, I was picturing him coming up big on a block or two on rotation in the playoffs.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:58 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Definitely. When we signed him, I was picturing him coming up big on a block or two on rotation in the playoffs.

Green was very solid defensively w/ 5 rebounds, 2 steals & 1 block in addition to scoring 11 points. He has been played well in this series.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:06 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
hype wrote:

Yea, like the game winner against Dallas.
I wonder if it helps him focus more.
πŸ’œπŸ’› πŸ† πŸ‘€ πŸ– #18!!!
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:15 am    Post subject:

That fluke banked in 3 was the difference last night, still wondering if DG hits the baseline game winner if Murray doesn't fly out of nowhere to swat it away. Complete redemption but oh well AD put himself in a more favorable light among the national media today.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:28 am    Post subject:

Haven't posted much on this thread, just gotta say that offensive board off AC's miss with the clock winding down was as clutch as it gets. Every bit as clutch as AD nailing the 3.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:59 am    Post subject:

So glad he got blocked right there. The stars aligned. ✨
composite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:09 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
So glad he got blocked right there. The stars aligned. ✨

Up there with the Vlade tap to Robert Horry
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:07 pm    Post subject:

Jamal Murray played heavy minutes in this one, and I thought DG played him well. He's going to be exhausted before this series is done. DG's defense gets better as the series progresses, and you know he is going to bring that effort.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:17 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I recall Green blocking someone during last years NBA finals against the Warriors but not sure who it was maybe someone can confirm if he did, all I gotta say is Green is definitely earning his paycheck in the playoffs.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:49 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
hype wrote:

Yeah, I have noticed that as well. Anytime he's wide open i'm always worried it's going to be a miss and i'm surprised it's only an 8% difference as that pump fake and then shoot shot i'm usually expecting it to go in and once he makes one then it gets real interesting because he can make no more all night or five more and I wouldn't be shocked with either direction haha

I also noticed when he does the shot fake and then drives the ball, it seems like the percentage is much higher when he shoots a floater or 5-7 footer versus going all the way for the layup which he can often be fisher esque.

He's been pretty consistently good/great in many other aspects though so as long as he keeps that up and gives us 1-2 good three point shooting games a series i'll be more then happy during the rest of this run.

That's pretty much all we need from both him and Kuz. Anything more and we are just that much more tough to beat.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 29 of 44
Jump to: