Official ANTHONY DAVIS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 977, 978, 979 ... 1423, 1424, 1425  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:02 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
danzag wrote:
Megaton wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
D-Shiznit wrote:
So anybody still believe we overpaid?

I think at best he's a 3rd option on a championship team. AMIRITE!?

“Paul George is just as good and less injury prone” - VLF

Speaking of which where is that lovely sexist? Hiding behind Clippersground again?

VLF never shows up after Lakers wins

I’ve noticed. I also noticed his lack of posts of anything remorseful or respect to Kobe’s death. If Tim Duncan had a heart attack, we would see a whole thread and a bunch of crying emojis from him in the post. What a piece of garbage.

Anyway, AD gonna be here for all of his career.

He was playing monopoly with his kids, Kawhi and PG13.😂
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:42 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Dude just smelled his fingers after making a 3 like he's leaving Monica Bellucci's house.

Well, well, well. If it isn't Mr. "Lakers Won't Get Out of the 2nd Round." You getting my $200 ready? Lol and since you're supposedly so concerned about staying anonymous, how bout you go to a grocery store, buy a $200 Amazon card, and PM me the code on the back. Any more excuses? Time to man up. Unless maybe AD was leaving your house instead.

Receipts from the beginning of the season :

LandsbergerRules wrote:

Nice and simple: If the Lakers are "eliminated in the second round" I pay you $200. If they are not, you pay me $200. Cool?

Done. DM me for Venmo info.

kobewan_kenobi24
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:24 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
Dude just smelled his fingers after making a 3 like he's leaving Monica Bellucci's house.

Well, well, well. If it isn't Mr. "Lakers Won't Get Out of the 2nd Round." You getting my $200 ready? Lol and since you're supposedly so concerned about staying anonymous, how bout you go to a grocery store, buy a $200 Amazon card, and PM me the code on the back. Any more excuses? Time to man up. Unless maybe AD was leaving your house instead.

Receipts from the beginning of the season :

LandsbergerRules wrote:

Nice and simple: If the Lakers are "eliminated in the second round" I pay you $200. If they are not, you pay me $200. Cool?

Done. DM me for Venmo info.

Dude... That is some BS. If you can't own up to a bet, then don't make it or agree to it... B!tch@ssness right there.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:53 pm    Post subject:

#MOOD

https://twitter.com/nbaoncampus/status/1310293763982532610/photo/1

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFprUcDsp4u/?hl=en
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:29 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Megaton wrote:
danzag wrote:
Megaton wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
D-Shiznit wrote:

Speaking of which where is that lovely sexist? Hiding behind Clippersground again?

I’ve noticed. I also noticed his lack of posts of anything remorseful or respect to Kobe’s death. If Tim Duncan had a heart attack, we would see a whole thread and a bunch of crying emojis from him in the post. What a piece of garbage.

When Jeanie executed the coup, dude was apoplectic, and when Jerry West went to the Clippers, that was it for VLF. He only comes here to dump on the Lakers. Treat him like an opposing team's fan.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:35 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Megaton wrote:
danzag wrote:
Megaton wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
D-Shiznit wrote:

When Jeanie executed the coup, dude was apoplectic, and when Jerry West went to the Clippers, that was it for VLF. He only comes here to dump on the Lakers. Treat him like an opposing team's fan.

Exactly. He hates Jeanie and wants to see her fail just to say I told you so. He's a Laker hater and Clipper troll now.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:37 pm    Post subject:

Ok AD. Who on Miami can guard you? We just gotta handle the zone and let you eat!
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Lakerlover89
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:53 pm    Post subject:

My favorite player. AD is flat out special. A real unicorn.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:55 pm    Post subject:

Davis should have his way against the Heat. They don’t much size against him.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:05 pm    Post subject:

Bam Adebayo is who will guard AD
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:13 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:

When Davis plays center. And he is undersized against him no?
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:18 pm    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

He didn't look undersized against Giannis, so i don't think Bam will look undersized against AD. i am not saying Bam is gonna shut down AD, but he is the one player in the NBA (other than Giannis) that i would choose as best suited to guard AD.
dfchang813
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:18 pm    Post subject:

Isn’t AD a lot better than Giannis offensively?
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:51 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
lar9149 wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

He didn't look undersized against Giannis, so i don't think Bam will look undersized against AD. i am not saying Bam is gonna shut down AD, but he is the one player in the NBA (other than Giannis) that i would choose as best suited to guard AD.

Well....

It’s like how Kawhi is best suited to guard Lebron. Sure, but that doesn’t mean much when AD will drop 30+ on him anyway.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:42 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
lar9149 wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

Well....

It’s like how Kawhi is best suited to guard Lebron. Sure, but that doesn’t mean much when AD will drop 30+ on him anyway.

i mean, if you want to think being guarded by Jokic or 35 year old PJ Tucker is the same as being guarded by Bam, by all means. Will AD score 30 on the Heat multiple times? Probably, because that is what great offensive players do. That does not mean that the Heat have no one to guard AD or that all defenders are the same if the offensive player still gets numbers.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:05 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
Megaton wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
lar9149 wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

Well....

i mean, if you want to think being guarded by Jokic or 35 year old PJ Tucker is the same as being guarded by Bam, by all means. Will AD score 30 on the Heat multiple times? Probably, because that is what great offensive players do. That does not mean that the Heat have no one to guard AD or that all defenders are the same if the offensive player still gets numbers.

Bam will be guarded by Dwight and AD also. Don’t think he won’t be worn down carry offense then having to guard a legit big on the other side. He has played against turner/Lopez/theis/Kanter now he’s gonna be down low against physical defensive forces who also play on the paint. He won’t have the luxury of soft 3 point shooting big men
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:15 am    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
Megaton wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
lar9149 wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

Well....

Bam will be guarded by Dwight and AD also. Don’t think he won’t be worn down carry offense then having to guard a legit big on the other side. He has played against turner/Lopez/theis/Kanter now he’s gonna be down low against physical defensive forces who also play on the paint. He won’t have the luxury of soft 3 point shooting big men

That is why i hope Vogel will continue to start Dwight. He can wear Bam down over the course of the series along with AD.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:17 am    Post subject:

The issue isn't the one on one matchups, its the Heat's ability to rotate and converge on a player. They are actually pretty damn good at it.

Davis and or James will need to contend with multiple players and their quick hands. The Heat are also great at closing out on shooters. They work hard. Spoelstra has them buying and playing together. They will continue to work all game and grind down opponants with team basketball on both ends. They are explosive in an entirely different way then previous series.

Lakers will need to bring their A game every min of every game. I like the Lakers in 5 or 6 games if they can get contuinued defensive intensity, big games from James and Davis and role players hitting some shots at an average percentage.

Going to be a fun series. Go Lakers!
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:38 am    Post subject:

Bam is a great 2 way all-star but AD is the bigger, just as athletic, better shooter, superstar version.
Same with Butler to LeBron.

Tell me y’all don’t like this matchups

KCP vs Dragic
DG vs Butler
Bron vs Duncan
AD vs Crowder
Dwight vs Bam

Rondo/Kuz vs Herro
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:44 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
The issue isn't the one on one matchups, its the Heat's ability to rotate and converge on a player. They are actually pretty damn good at it.

Davis and or James will need to contend with multiple players and their quick hands. The Heat are also great at closing out on shooters. They work hard. Spoelstra has them buying and playing together. They will continue to work all game and grind down opponants with team basketball on both ends. They are explosive in an entirely different way then previous series.

Lakers will need to bring their A game every min of every game. I like the Lakers in 5 or 6 games if they can get contuinued defensive intensity, big games from James and Davis and role players hitting some shots at an average percentage.

This is where ball movement is key. Spread the ball and keep them on the run, tiring them out so that in the 4th, we can go in for the kill.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:55 am    Post subject:

I think it's the HEAT who will have to exceed their capacity because we have the two best players in the series at the get go. They rely much more on role players to score, etc.

The way the HEAT like to zone coverage, AD will have that mid-range jumper at the free throw line all day, which is his kill zone.
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:14 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I think it's the HEAT who will have to exceed their capacity because we have the two best players in the series at the get go. They rely much more on role players to score, etc.

The way the HEAT like to zone coverage, AD will have that mid-range jumper at the free throw line all day, which is his kill zone.

That high post 12-15 footer all day
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:36 pm    Post subject:

BlueNGold wrote:
Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:

This is where ball movement is key. Spread the ball and keep them on the run, tiring them out so that in the 4th, we can go in for the kill.

That's the thing, they don't seem to tire. They'll be at us all game
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:57 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Megaton wrote:
danzag wrote:
Megaton wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
D-Shiznit wrote:

Exactly. He hates Jeanie and wants to see her fail just to say I told you so. He's a Laker hater and Clipper troll now.

Never forget that he is a geologist paid by oil companies to deny anthropomorphic climate change. His entire existence is being a troll.
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:14 pm    Post subject:

LOL man you guys are bored, going after poor VLF.

He's quit deserving.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 977, 978, 979 ... 1423, 1424, 1425  Next
Page 978 of 1425
Jump to: