Frank Vogel Official Lakers Head Coach for 3-Years
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 110, 111, 112 ... 222, 223, 224  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are you happy about Vogel becoming our coach?
No
12%
 12%  [ 62 ]
Yes
54%
 54%  [ 271 ]
Neutral
32%
 32%  [ 163 ]
Total Votes : 496

Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:17 am    Post subject:

He and Lebron have a very good working relationship and it shows.
818fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:49 pm    Post subject:

Great by Vogel tonight on both ends.

Schemed to shut down their shooters and make them make plays and had a good gameplan for their zone
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:56 pm    Post subject:

Now will be tough to prepare for the game with all the possible injuries up in the air. Nunn looked good today, but the Lakers weren't playing hard when he came in and they may not have been expecting him to get so many touches. Next game they should be more ready for him
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:57 pm    Post subject:

Was getting so annoyed at everyone spouting the same thing over and over again "SPO IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN VOGEL". Frig outta here.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:01 pm    Post subject:

AirTupac wrote:
Was getting so annoyed at everyone spouting the same thing over and over again "SPO IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN VOGEL". Frig outta here.

Isn't it wild how the guy that has Lebron on his team seems to look much better?

Spo is a great coach no doubt but I agree people were going way overboard before game 1 but I think a lot of that was that it was pretty much the only advantage they could talk up for the Heat.

Vogel will now suddenly be among the "elite" coaches in the NBA after bringing home #17 though.
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:14 pm    Post subject:

Well, yes and no. Maybe I'm talking out my ass, but the everyone was praising Luke when he filled in for Kerr with the dubs. Then Luke sucked straight ass with a "meh" Lakers team.

I may be so bold, but I think Vogel would have gotten last years team to the playoffs.

hype wrote:
AirTupac wrote:

Isn't it wild how the guy that has Lebron on his team seems to look much better?

Spo is a great coach no doubt but I agree people were going way overboard before game 1 but I think a lot of that was that it was pretty much the only advantage they could talk up for the Heat.

Vogel will now suddenly be among the "elite" coaches in the NBA after bringing home #17 though.
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:15 pm    Post subject:

oaktown_dimond wrote:
Well, yes and no. Maybe I'm talking out my ass, but the everyone was praising Luke when he filled in for Kerr with the dubs. Then Luke sucked straight ass with a "meh" Lakers team.

I may be so bold, but I think Vogel would have gotten last years team to the playoffs.

hype wrote:
AirTupac wrote:

Vogel and staff have the ability to put players in the right positions to succeed. Luke was the opposite of that. I am inclined to agree with you.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:23 pm    Post subject:

oaktown_dimond wrote:

hype wrote:
AirTupac wrote:

I get what you're saying and I think both Spo and Vogel are very legit coaches with or without Lebron it's just even the best coaches still need the players to get them the hardware.

We've seen Vogel make elite level adjustments both in game and between games. Something Luke couldn't do or even talk about until after he "watched the tape". There is no comparison.

I think last years team even with Luke was a Playoff level team (not contender), they just got killed with injuries especially the Lebron one obviously. With Vogel though, I absolutely agree they could have possibly done more last season.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:25 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:

hype wrote:
AirTupac wrote:

I get what you're saying and I think both Spo and Vogel are very legit coaches with or without Lebron it's just even the best coaches still need the players to get them the hardware.

We've seen Vogel make elite level adjustments both in game and between games. Something Luke couldn't do or even talk about until after he "watched the tape". There is no comparison.

I think last years team even with Luke was a Playoff level team (not contender), they just got killed with injuries especially the Lebron one obviously. With Vogel though, I absolutely agree they could have possibly done more last season.

FWIW there was a thread on realgm and most people were calling Frank anywhere from a great to elite coach.
Ksig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:33 pm    Post subject:

Super surprised he actually benched mcgee. I honestly didnt think he would this series.
Lakeshow323
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:33 pm    Post subject:

Ksig wrote:
Super surprised he actually benched mcgee. I honestly didnt think he would this series.

Im more surprised he started Dwight in the 3rd after that awful 1st quarter but it worked.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:46 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
hype wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:

hype wrote:
AirTupac wrote:

FWIW there was a thread on realgm and most people were calling Frank anywhere from a great to elite coach.

I think most actual Basketball heads that watch the games outside of just there favorite team could see that he was clearly squeezing everything he could out of some of those Pacers and Magic teams but I mostly just meant the casual fans and what you hear through the Media since he hadn't actually won a Championship and wasn't a newer young coach the respect just wasn't there when we first hired him but is obviously changing really fast now. There was a good amount of talk everywhere joking about how long it would be until he was fired.

I'll admit even myself was a bit skeptical about how well he'd make game to game adjustments and especially in-game adjustments once in the Playoffs with the Lakers though. I think a lot of that was due to just being so used to mediocre to awful coaching for quite some time now but Frank is clearly the real deal and will hopefully be with the Lakers for a very long time like Spo has been with the Heat.
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:27 am    Post subject:

Lakers would not have dominated game one like they did without great coaching. You really see it on the defensive side. Lakers are the best defensive team in the league when they lock down.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:31 am    Post subject:

Frank Vogel says his old college coach at Kentucky, Rick Pitino, reached out with tips on attacking the Miami Heat zone leading up to Game 1 of the Finals

https://twitter.com/mcten/status/1311447504035160064

Vogel with contacts
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:44 am    Post subject:

ducasse wrote:
Lakers would not have dominated game one like they did without great coaching. You really see it on the defensive side. Lakers are the best defensive team in the league when they lock down.

B-but the Clippers...w-who can stop Kawhi and George Paul?
ZenMaster4President
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:08 am    Post subject:

drae wrote:
Frank Vogel says his old college coach at Kentucky, Rick Pitino, reached out with tips on attacking the Miami Heat zone leading up to Game 1 of the Finals

https://twitter.com/mcten/status/1311447504035160064

Vogel with contacts

But does he have the DVDs?
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:15 am    Post subject:

Vogel > Lue (ok, I don't really remember the adjustments Lue made in 2016 when he won) but Vogel been doing nice things against small run n gun/bigs/zones/3pt happy/great passing big/whatever is out there
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:17 am    Post subject:

I hope Pelinka extends his contract for far more years. Vogel needs to be our coach for several years.
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:23 am    Post subject:

Best coach since Pjax and it aint close.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:39 am    Post subject:

most of LG

"Spole Straw is the better coach"

You should be ashamed of yourselves
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:47 am    Post subject:

Doing a heck of a job.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:13 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Doing a heck of a job.

Yessir
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:16 am    Post subject:

When everyone was praising Spo I was asking what has he won without LBJ?

Top 5 Player All-time makes a difference. Greatest scheme against them tend not to work.

#BannersOverBillboards
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:24 am    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
When everyone was praising Spo I was asking what has he won without LBJ?

Top 5 Player All-time makes a difference. Greatest scheme against them tend not to work.

Spo probably still think he is facing 2011 Lebron and trying to use the same scheme as Dallas.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:24 am    Post subject:

His price tag is gonna go up after winning the championships. But coaches salaries don't count against the cap so it's only money and the Lakers have money to burn. Extend him for 10 years. Lock him up like a prisoner.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 110, 111, 112 ... 222, 223, 224  Next
Page 111 of 224
Jump to: