THANK YOU DANNY GREEN (Traded to Philadelphia, from OKC)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 42, 43, 44  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:41 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
“Think how DG feels”

Ha, that’s funny. Because DG is lucky that Lebron ain’t the type of person that MJ or Kobe was. Kobe would have chewed his ear off, and MJ...oh boy what MJ would have done to DG here...his ass would be on a hospital bed.

For real, some people in here are hilariously soft. Every fanbase in every sport would be on DG right now. It's not just "Lakers Fans" and it's not even just that one shot. It's him acting like a 12 year old emo girl on his podcast calling out people for not being "fans" because they criticize him. He just feeds the fire by saying things like that and then continues to play horribly. Fair or not, he's an entertainer getting paid $15 million and playing like a struggling end of the bench minimum signing. I don't put this loss on him completely at all obviously as the majority of the team outside of our two superstars were abysmal but Green deserves plenty of the criticism and blame on this one for sure.

He's more then welcome to retire and give up the 15 million next year if he wants to avoid "criticism" though.
strong9
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:33 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
Megaton wrote:
“Think how DG feels”

Ha, that’s funny. Because DG is lucky that Lebron ain’t the type of person that MJ or Kobe was. Kobe would have chewed his ear off, and MJ...oh boy what MJ would have done to DG here...his ass would be on a hospital bed.

For real, some people in here are hilariously soft. Every fanbase in every sport would be on DG right now. It's not just "Lakers Fans" and it's not even just that one shot. It's him acting like a 12 year old emo girl on his podcast calling out people for not being "fans" because they criticize him. He just feeds the fire by saying things like that and then continues to play horribly. Fair or not, he's an entertainer getting paid $15 million and playing like a struggling end of the bench minimum signing. I don't put this loss on him completely at all obviously as the majority of the team outside of our two superstars were abysmal but Green deserves plenty of the criticism and blame on this one for sure.

He's more then welcome to retire and give up the 15 million next year if he wants to avoid "criticism" though.

Did he do that? He could become the Lakers' Yu Darvish (without the talent).

Seriously though, his reaction worries me. That means his psyche is rattled by fans. I would consider a short leash on him if he shows any mental weakness next game.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:44 pm    Post subject:

People are sending death treats to Green's wife. SMH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:46 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:

These people are animals. They aren't Laker fans.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:03 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
danzag wrote:

These people are animals. They aren't Laker fans.

They are. But just because they're Laker fans doesn't mean they are good people.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:09 pm    Post subject:

Daiei wrote:
The camera was on Danny during the huddle and he looked f*cking terrified. I shoulda known what was coming...

He's been rattled in the playoffs for years now. Seems like a nice guy, but he's washed up psychologically. Hasn't been good since those Spurs playoff runs in 2012-2016.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:51 pm    Post subject:

strong9 wrote:
hype wrote:
Megaton wrote:
“Think how DG feels”

Did he do that? He could become the Lakers' Yu Darvish (without the talent).

Seriously though, his reaction worries me. That means his psyche is rattled by fans. I would consider a short leash on him if he shows any mental weakness next game.

Not after this specific shot but last month he said it on his podcast and he went on a whole rant about how people who were criticizing him were not "real" Lakers fans they were bandwagon fans that wont be invited to the parade and he'll be giving them a "couple fingers" if they win. Then he went on saying that he doesnt make memes about fans so why should they do it to him? haha

Saying all that I still think he has the potential to make a few shots obviously and still hopefully deliver a solid game. I dont hate him or anything remotely extreme but to act like it's some insane thing to criticize him considering he has been consistently bad is a bit much by him and fans. I'd think at this point in his career he'd mentally be over that aspect at least to the degree he has shown it clearly affects him.

At the end of the day I just want the Lakers to win and would love to see him end this Playoff run with his best game so far I just think he's shot mentally especially when things get more tight at the end of games.

BTW the "death threat" is extremely overblown if its the same article I seen where some random dude said he deserved to die. It was a guy being stupid and taking his comments to far for sure but calling it a "death threat" is a huge stretch to say the least but I do agree that's unacceptable. you look at any comments on social media though and you'll find some vile things geared toward just about everyone sadly not just Danny.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:29 pm    Post subject:

Danny Green's Fiancee getting Death Threats

People from behind their keyboards say its soft to defend a guy for missing a shot, meanwhile missing the shot gets your wife death threats. Imagine that.

Fans have way more access to players nowadays than they did during the golden age's of the nba. There is way more pressure on them now. Especially during a pandemic/election year where people are extra wound up/bored/frustrated.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:49 pm    Post subject:

Theseus wrote:
Danny Green's Fiancee getting Death Threats

People from behind their keyboards say its soft to defend a guy for missing a shot, meanwhile missing the shot gets your wife death threats. Imagine that.

Fans have way more access to players nowadays than they did during the golden age's of the nba. There is way more pressure on them now. Especially during a pandemic/election year where people are extra wound up/bored/frustrated.

Chill.....

I said it's soft to get mad at fans for being upset at a guy thats playing awful all season and into the Playoffs with a couple decent moments here and there. Literally every fanbase in every single sport have been doing it for over 100 years now. Nothing remotely unique or special about it outside the fact that Danny himself helped fuel it even more last month.

Never once was that meant for the bat sh*t crazy fans who take it that far obviously but they're out there especially as anonymous on social media. I'm sure you could find a couple thousand "death threats" about Lebron if you look across social media since the pandemic if you use this same definition from that article. That was the article I was talking about as well. The tweet they talk about is not a "death threat". That's called massively over exaggerated click bait. Still disgusting behavior and not remotely what I was talking about earlier in my posts which was just regarding trash talking criticism on athletes. Dont try and make that intertwined with these new "death threats" though since that's clearly another entire level I don't agree with in the slightest. Kind of sad I have to explain that but it is what it is I guess.
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:50 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
RCS926 wrote:
ribeye wrote:
Everybody hatin' on DG for how they feel, should stop and consider just how bad he feels. I bet he didn't sleep well last night.

This thought is probably the only thing that keeps me from completely torching him. He looked defeated as he walked off the court, and I definitely feel for him. I wouldn't be too upset about him missing that J if it weren't for the fact that he's made a habit of not just missing wide open Js all season but missing them badly. That shot had no chance of going in, which only adds to the frustration.

I think he's capable of surprising us next game with a good shooting performance, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him to continue to choke on wide open looks. With that being said, the other Laker role players need to step up and be ready to nail the plethora of open looks they continue to get. Kuz, Kief, Rondo, AC, etc. all missed wide open Js last night. They need to help Bron and AD.

This on Vogel too...why was Green in the game...shooting 23% from 3's...last year was benched for Van Fleet. He is trash and has been all year. He's not bouncing back...he's unable too because his confidence in big moments are gone. he's slow, can't guard anyone...and the topper? making $15 million and again for next year. Sorry current facts matter...the truth matters. 2013 finals don't matter...that was ages ago...If we lose this finals its on one guy and one guy alone..Danny Green...Say his name. Unreal

Vogel has some blame.

He needs to know his players. A championship coach needs to make the proper adjustments. Vogel was great by putting in Howard.

He is not going against a championship coach and organization. He needs to make sure he makes the proper adjustment in the next two games.
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:39 pm    Post subject:

Green play good defense indeed. FG% and aging are not something he can control. He did almost all the right thing he could. We want a win but shouldn’t blame a player unreasonably like. DH and Rando are both quiet this series but they play extremely well against Nuggets. Some adjustments have to be made, but they’ve Spo and Riley, both are multiple championships coaches, behind them. Not easy to deal with. I think both our coach and players have done a good job. Don’t take the lead for granted
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:30 am    Post subject:

I think Lebron should have tried to get it to KCP in the corner. I know the angle he attacked on didn't really present this, but I think he should have understood DG wasn't having a good game.

ANYWAY the people sending abuse to his wife are scum. People should leave him alone please

This is a good series and that was a great game. DG didn't have it, he's human
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:42 am    Post subject:

Sina wrote:
Green play good defense indeed. FG% and aging are not something he can control.

He's only 32 and yes, FG% is something he can control. Literally no one else but Green can control missing a wide open shot. He straight up choked, that is the reality. And that he's whining about fans giving him grief for missing wide open shots (which has happened throughout the playoffs) just speaks to a mentally weak guy. You have to drown out that noise during the playoffs (I'd prefer seeing guys just disengage totally from social media during a playoff series and focus).

That said, death threats? That is crossing the line. Dude is paid millions, public scrutiny comes with the territory. But threats against any players, much less our own? That's crazy, people need to calm the hell down (especially if they want him to actually make shots today).
windycitycane
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:51 am    Post subject:

That’s disgusting. How can he possibly play with a clear mind? Guy is gonna be potentially a basket case over this and I can’t blame him. Every big miss he or anyone has on our team warrants death threats? Awful.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:58 am    Post subject:

Stupid fans are gonna be stupid, I hope those fans don’t celebrate the championship with us.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:10 am    Post subject:

The people threatening his wife's life should face legal repercussions, including jail time.

It's disgusting and embarrassing as a Lakers fan. And it takes away the discussion from the reasonable people criticizing his performance up to this point.

If I knew anybody on this board did that. I'd heavily petition the mods to ban them.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:15 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
The people threatening his wife's life should face legal repercussions, including jail time.

It's disgusting and embarrassing as a Lakers fan. And it takes away the discussion from the reasonable people criticizing his performance up to this point.

If I knew anybody on this board did that. I'd heavily petition the mods to ban them.

Fans on other boards are comparing us to Philly fans even though we know the % of death threat by fans is minor, we are being looked at differently because of a few stupid fans.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:29 am    Post subject:

disgusted....whats wrong with people
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:40 am    Post subject:

That's horrible. I am sorry to Danny and his wife.

Front page of ESPN the day we may win a championship. Way to make us look terrible who ever did it. And if by chance Heat pulled it off than the world rejoices that this fanbase didn't win. We will all be lumped into it.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:22 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:

Those people are scumbags. I think I remember the same thing happened when Steve Blake missed a potential game winner vs OKC in the playoffs.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:26 pm    Post subject:

I know that some Lakers "fans" probably did make death threats to DG and his wife (we have a ton of fans, and have our fair share of idiots)...But who's to say that some of those aren't Heat fans, or just people who hate the Lakers, who are masquerading as Lakers fans, trying to create friction/turmoil?
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:34 pm    Post subject:

DG3, we know you still have it in you. Less than one year ago you played your heart out for us. Proof is below:

Deadshot Danny comes out to play tonight!
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:39 pm    Post subject:

Just win today’s game and then deal with upgrading the SG in the offseason
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:33 pm    Post subject:

Death threats? honestly doesnt sound like Laker fans I know. With that said, whoever did that - that is completely inappropriate and disgusting.

DG - with you man, looking forward to you showing everyone whats up in game 6.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:42 pm    Post subject:

Death threats over a basketball game? These people aren't true Laker fans. They belong in an asylum. Twitter has normalized insanity.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 39 of 44
Jump to: