In Memory of Kobe Bryant
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 138, 139, 140 ... 160, 161, 162  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KobeGOATMambaRIP
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:28 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
8 months

haven't gone a day without looking at this thread

Same here (long time lurker of LG)

I have never been this crushed over some ones death that I didn't know personally. I still have moments almost every few days where I realize....Kobe is seriously gone? How could this happen? It's like if Gotham City lost Batman for good. It just doesn't feel right. I obviously know how fragile life is and being a legend doesn't prevent death but nothing in the world has felt right since January 26th 2020.

COVID outbreak happened shortly after here in the US on a mainstream level and we all know the rest. It's almost like the universe glitched that day and it hasn't stopped since. Obviously, I know that's absolutely illogical but that's how I'll always remember 2020.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:56 pm    Post subject:

8/24

binga30
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:24 am    Post subject:

Not a day goes by without me thinking of Kobe. What the hell happened when the clock ticked over to January 1st 2020. I wish we could just start over in so many ways. Look after each other. C'mon Lakers bring this one home for Kobe.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:16 am    Post subject:

Pau doing ESPN detail.

On AD.

Pretty much what we know about Pau. He will do anything and everything to keep his friends legacy on going and keep in touch with his family. Special bond, special person.

But it did hit me, that we would have seen a lot of Kobe detail videos this playoffs especially with the Lakeshow. And with the way Kobe loved to beat up on MDA and the new school ball I know Kobe would have taken extra joy in breaking down how the Lakers were beating these teams.

Oh, life.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:42 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Pau doing ESPN detail.

On AD.

Pretty much what we know about Pau. He will do anything and everything to keep his friends legacy on going and keep in touch with his family. Special bond, special person.

But it did hit me, that we would have seen a lot of Kobe detail videos this playoffs especially with the Lakeshow. And with the way Kobe loved to beat up on MDA and the new school ball I know Kobe would have taken extra joy in breaking down how the Lakers were beating these teams.

Oh, life.

Kobe would have a field day breaking down how we've been able to attack Miami's zone. I haven't really been as hype during this title run and I think part of it this sinking feeling that still lingers from Kobe's loss. I don't really talk about it with anyone because I feel like it shouldn't still have this effect on me. But I really only feel it when I watch or think about the Lakers. And there are some iconic photos that I can't look at without tearing up, especially the ones with he and Gigi together. Man, what a year.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:57 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Pau doing ESPN detail.

On AD.

Oh, life.

Kobe would have a field day breaking down how we've been able to attack Miami's zone. I haven't really been as hype during this title run and I think part of it this sinking feeling that still lingers from Kobe's loss. I don't really talk about it with anyone because I feel like it shouldn't still have this effect on me. But I really only feel it when I watch or think about the Lakers. And there are some iconic photos that I can't look at without tearing up, especially the ones with he and Gigi together. Man, what a year.

Ziggy. Known you as a poster for years, here.
My brother, nothing to say, other than
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
The God Particle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:08 pm    Post subject:

WE MISS YOU KOBE!
Nobody
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:45 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Pau doing ESPN detail.

On AD.

Oh, life.

I haven't been, either. Basketball feels pretty joyless to watch the majority of the time.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:57 am    Post subject:

Nobody wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Pau doing ESPN detail.

On AD.

Oh, life.

I haven't been, either. Basketball feels pretty joyless to watch the majority of the time.

With you guys. Haven’t enjoyed any nba basketball since. The bubble actually feels better ...those games at Staples since he died were tough. Ring or not i won’t feel much. If we win, great. If we don’t, life goes on. Funny how different it would effect me if he was still alive. I’m not sorry about it either..and I don’t know how long it will take me to get into basketball again. I’m here and I’m watching every moment but I feel it’s mostly because I have to for being a laker fan for almost 3 decades. I kind of want to let go and move on. Rip Kobe.
msb212
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:41 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
Nobody wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Pau doing ESPN detail.

On AD.

Oh, life.

With you guys. Haven’t enjoyed any nba basketball since. The bubble actually feels better ...those games at Staples since he died were tough. Ring or not i won’t feel much. If we win, great. If we don’t, life goes on. Funny how different it would effect me if he was still alive. I’m not sorry about it either..and I don’t know how long it will take me to get into basketball again. I’m here and I’m watching every moment but I feel it’s mostly because I have to for being a laker fan for almost 3 decades. I kind of want to let go and move on. Rip Kobe.

I feel you.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:41 am    Post subject:

Lebron came to game 4 wearing a Kobe shirt.

And here's what the mamba jerseys and Kobe mean to this team.

I know he has passed away. And we all have our opinions about the after life.

Kobe is with this team in spirit. No matter whether you believe in the after life or not, the black mamba and all that he was, is one of the vital reasons this team is where they are today. The spirit of playing for Kobe, in his memory, it is installed deep within these guys. You can feel it.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:10 am    Post subject:

How someone you never met...you love SO much that you can be damn near 50 and still tearing up 8 months later?

After all we've been through this year...I'm so damn proud of this team for being one game away from winning it all in his honor.

These men have preserved through the most challenging season in NBA history and the most challenging season in Franchise history for something greater than any one of us...

Honor.

I've never had tears of joy before...now I know what they are.

May God Bless this team and all of her fans.

#BannersOverBillboards
dcastillo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:22 am    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
How someone you never met...you love SO much that you can be damn near 50 and still tearing up 8 months later?

After all we've been through this year...I'm so damn proud of this team for being one game away from winning it all in his honor.

These men have preserved through the most challenging season in NBA history and the most challenging season in Franchise history for something greater than any one of us...

Honor.

This. All of this.
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:01 pm    Post subject:

I feel the pressure to win today in the Mamba jerseys like a Game 7. It just would mean so much to me and so many fans to go undefeated in the jerseys and catch Boston as a fitting tribute to Kobe. I wish it was at Staples and we could chant Kobe!! Kobe!! , but I’ll probably cry either way when Lebron and the team tie Kobe to this historic title.
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:20 am    Post subject:

dcastillo wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:

Honor.

This. All of this.

binga30
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:36 pm    Post subject:

Is it weird for me to want to buy lots of Kobe stuff?

I'm talking jerseys, video games, cards, anything with Kobe on it I have a strong will to purchase.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:32 pm    Post subject:

The First Annual Mamba Championship.
Dumhead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:00 pm    Post subject:

Miss you Mamba. This one is for you.
maomao
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:02 pm    Post subject:

for kobe
rokobe81
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:19 pm    Post subject:

Only Jeanie and AD mentioned his name. That's a shame
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:20 pm    Post subject:

Wish you were here. Hope you, Dr. Buss and Chick are lifting a glass upstairs. And a soda for GiGi.
KobeGOATMambaRIP
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:22 pm    Post subject:

Kobe this is for you!!
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:23 pm    Post subject:

Anthony Davis

We did it for him
We did not want to let him down
He is looking down on us, proud.
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:30 pm    Post subject:

#ForKobe ❤️
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:35 pm    Post subject:

This was the toughest emotional season to endure for me, and a large part of it was Bryant's death.

To have Bryant's death, motivate the team, to perhaps even play harder than they already were, to dedicate it to him and win it for him, it makes the pain of the tragedy a little less.

Thank you Kobe, thank you Lakers 2019-20 team/coaches/FO for all the efforts. You all made it worthwhile to be a Laker fan for 30 years.

Mamba Mentality forever.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 138, 139, 140 ... 160, 161, 162  Next
Page 139 of 162
Jump to: