Pretty confident that the Lakers will take over the League in the next few years
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:38 am    Post subject: Pretty confident that the Lakers will take over the League in the next few years

We have a Poker GM who is willing to make the necessary moves to Improve the team, we have the best player in the world who isn’t slowing down and we have Davis who is only gonna get better during his prime years, I’m ready for multiple championships
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:41 am    Post subject:

The best part about not signing a max free agent this past summer is that we will have cap space after this coming season to go after Giannis, rather than having to deal with the post-prime years of whatever max FA we would have signed this past offseason.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:46 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
The best part about not signing a max free agent this past summer is that we will have cap space after this coming season to go after Giannis, rather than having to deal with the post-prime years of whatever max FA we would have signed this past offseason.

Yep so much revenues to keep this ish going
Aphex Twin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:59 am    Post subject:

How are the Suns' first-rounders stacking up in the years to come? Lakers should buy some of them now while the Suns are more stacked with young players.
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:05 am    Post subject:

My only concern is GMs don't like Rob all that much. But, at the same time, he's pretty damn shrewd and convincing. Like "so, you're not gonna make a trade with me that will be mutually beneficial... Just out of spite?"
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:10 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

We won't have enough cap space unless LeBron opts out and signs for a cheaper contract. And I don't see Giannis going to a championship team, Miami or Dallas seem to be better options.
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:24 am    Post subject:

SPO200 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

We won't have enough cap space unless LeBron opts out and signs for a cheaper contract. And I don't see Giannis going to a championship team, Miami or Dallas seem to be better options.

Giannis will not want to live in Texas during the season.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:26 am    Post subject:

SPO200 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

I think we can get it if we renounce Kuzma.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:28 am    Post subject:

I mean we're not getting Giannis, I think he's definitely getting to either Miami or the Warriors if he doesn't win a chip this year. Although I think the Bucks are getting CP3, and he'll lead them damn close to a championship
#18 next...
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:28 am    Post subject:

This free agency will be big for us. Fill some holes, and health willing, we should be the favorite again next year. Get complacent and I doubt we can repeat with all the teams that will be back and better next season. I have faith in Rob, though, and can't wait to see which veteran FAs are gonna be willing to take a discount to come here...
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:36 am    Post subject: Re: Pretty confident that the Lakers will take over the League in the next few years

Inspector Gadget wrote:
We have a Poker GM who is willing to make the necessary moves to Improve the team, we have the best player in the world who isn’t slowing down and we have Davis who is only gonna get better during his prime years, I’m ready for multiple championships

They’re overwhelming favorites for at least the next 2 seasons even if they don’t add anyone. The gap between the #1 team and everyone else is as large as it has ever been.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:44 am    Post subject:

oaktown_dimond wrote:
My only concern is GMs don't like Rob all that much. But, at the same time, he's pretty damn shrewd and convincing. Like "so, you're not gonna make a trade with me that will be mutually beneficial... Just out of spite?"

Teams will trade with the Lakers. They always have.
Lakerpark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:55 am    Post subject:

They need to get a guard who can shoot 3's. Why is it that when ever the Lakers get a "shooter" he loses his touch?

Caruso better work hard on his 3 point shooting this offseason. He seems afraid to shoot.

Kuzma isn't afraid to shoot, but he better work on his shot too...
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:57 am    Post subject:

Interesting. I don’t feel this way at all. I think the West will continue to be wild. And I think there’s even some eastern teams that might wake up a little bit. Although I’m never really that concerned with the Eastern conference. But I’m looking forward to another wild ride in the Western Conference.
ahyiah
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:00 am    Post subject:

i think we need another star to reduce the load on lebron. plus, as good and amazing as lebron is, he's still old and is going to retire in a couple years (probably, who knows at this point, guy might get to his 9th prime) and so we need another person to take up the mantle, so to speak.

AD is a legit super star obviously but every big man needs someone to set them up.
Lamar's Bud
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:01 am    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:

Teams will trade with the Lakers. They always have.

It's not that other teams won't make a trade with the Lakers, it's that they won't normally trade with the Lakers unless they them over a barrel.

Some teams seem to prefer taking a "lesser" deal from another team just to keep said player(s) away from, and spite the Lakers.
Al13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:16 am    Post subject:

what are the interesting names that might pop up via trade for us ?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:21 am    Post subject:

Al13 wrote:
what are the interesting names that might pop up via trade for us ?

Probably Spencer Dinwiddie, local guy and someone who can help take the load off of LeBron during the regular season when there might be load management or reduced minutes.
Travis Bickle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:26 am    Post subject:

Talen Horton-Tucker is the key. If he makes a big jump next year things will be fine. I think he is a great prospect.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:31 am    Post subject:

The IG guarantee
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:36 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
The IG guarantee

Good times to be a Laker fan man, think about the long droughts teams have in sports, Raiders haven’t won the Super Bowl for years ( apart of Laker Nation ) then you have the Clippers and other teams who aren’t used to winning, this is gonna be fun
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:39 am    Post subject:

Do the warriors make a run at Giannis? As they are currently structured, they will have a hard time beating the lakers. In fact, this lakers team was literally built to beat the warriors. AD vs Green will be a big mismatch
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:39 am    Post subject:

LeBron says he is gonna play in the NBA for a while.. be afraid NBA be very afraid.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Ralph_MasonJr/status/1315582899547070465
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:49 am    Post subject:

Development of Kuz is essential. I believe he cane be that 3rd option but he need to start at 2 and get his volume to get into rhythm. He has a lot of work cut out for him though. He need to work hard on his handle and his shooting.

Also Caruso can be intriguing once he get his 3 ball going. He is already making impact doing little things but he need a 3 ball to be legit threat offensively. Him and Lebron have develop that chemistry already like AD and Rondo.

THT is another player with tremendous upside and has that triple threat. He need to play some minutes next season for his development .

We need a a situational pure shooter - I think Crabbe will be cheap. Maybe we can get Bullock cheap . Korver for min.

Long wing defender - Craig, Gabriel, Nwaba, Josh Jackson.

Playmaker - Mudiay, Teague, MCW, Jackson may all come cheap.
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:43 am    Post subject:

Travis Bickle wrote:
Talen Horton-Tucker is the key. If he makes a big jump next year things will be fine. I think he is a great prospect.

This.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: