BREAKING NEWS - LAKERS ARE 2020 NBA CHAMPIONS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shalashaska
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:26 pm    Post subject:

ducasse wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
32 wrote:
Here's to all the ESPN hacks that picked the Miami Heat to beat the Lakers. Bunch of chumps.

Quote:
Jerry Bembry
Heat in 6 | Finals MVP: Tyler Herro

Tim Bontemps
Heat in 7 | Finals MVP: Bam Adebayo

Nick DePaula
Heat in 6 | Finals MVP: Bam Adebayo

Nick Friedell
Heat in 6 | Finals MVP: Jimmy Butler

Israel Gutierrez

Chris Herring

Tim Legler
Heat in 7 | Finals MVP: Jimmy Butler

Bobby Marks

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30004224/nba-finals-experts-picks-lakers-heat

Bunch of chumps indeed.

There’s a reason they don’t got their own tv show. Not even trying to play the elitist card but to pick Jimmy, Bam, Goran and a bunch of kids over Lebron and AD shows a huge lack of basketball knowledge.
Or just an obvious agenda 🤷🏻‍♂️😂🤣😆

Either way Dan Lebatard, Papi and Bomani Jones can enjoy their big plate of crow as well 😂

Add Bill Simmons to that list who picked Heat in 6. How are you gonna say the Lakers aren't even good enough to take the Heat to 7 games?

Simmons is in a class of his own. Putrid piece of garbage. Hope he and his Boston cohorts savor this to their graves.

We coming up on Number 18 next year baby.
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:36 pm    Post subject:

Shalashaska wrote:
ducasse wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
32 wrote:
Here's to all the ESPN hacks that picked the Miami Heat to beat the Lakers. Bunch of chumps.

Quote:
Jerry Bembry

Tim Bontemps

Nick DePaula

Nick Friedell

Israel Gutierrez

Chris Herring

Tim Legler

Bobby Marks

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30004224/nba-finals-experts-picks-lakers-heat

Bunch of chumps indeed.

There’s a reason they don’t got their own tv show. Not even trying to play the elitist card but to pick Jimmy, Bam, Goran and a bunch of kids over Lebron and AD shows a huge lack of basketball knowledge.

Either way Dan Lebatard, Papi and Bomani Jones can enjoy their big plate of crow as well 😂

Add Bill Simmons to that list who picked Heat in 6. How are you gonna say the Lakers aren't even good enough to take the Heat to 7 games?

Simmons is in a class of his own. Putrid piece of garbage. Hope he and his Boston cohorts savor this to their graves.

Well to play devil's advocate, those "experts" logic wasn't assuming the HEAT's top 3 guys would get injured early on in the series. However, AD nearly had to have a leg amputed so he clearly want 100% either but toughed it out.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:18 pm    Post subject:

Just saying, this team, with the exception of the rox, got every opponent peaking coming into the series. Rox itself got a game 7 to prep them mentally and we handled all of them like a Champ
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:19 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:

Quote:
Jerry Bembry

Tim Bontemps

Nick DePaula

Nick Friedell

Israel Gutierrez

Chris Herring

Tim Legler

Bobby Marks

LOL love it. The worst of them all must be the guy who picked Herro as Finals MVP. What is that guy smoking?
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:33 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
The Champs are home!

https://mobile.twitter.com/SpectrumSN/status/1315796639949287424
ricardoJPC
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:36 pm    Post subject:

long time lurker from Portugal.
28yo, started watching the nba in the 2009 playoffs and fell in love with the lakers and with kobe. been to LA 3 times (2012,2019,2020) just to see the games. love playing the game, it shaped my life and who I am right now

I have the option to see games on replay the day after, but I always choose not to do it (and go to work with 3 hour sleep time the next day)

Do you know why?
because I (bleep) love you guys, and the game doesn't feel the same if I'm not seeing the game thread in real-time with you.

And now, 10 years later, I'm so happy as I was the first time. i was all smiling at work and at home all (bleep) day.

I miss kobe.
Love you guys. just wanted to get this out of my chest

(Thanks Lebron and Davis for this moment!)
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:40 pm    Post subject:

ricardoJPC wrote:
28yo, started watching the nba in the 2009 playoffs and fell in love with the lakers and with kobe. been to LA 3 times (2012,2019,2020) just to see the games. love playing the game, it shaped my life and who I am right now

I have the option to see games on replay the day after, but I always choose not to do it (and go to work with 3 hour sleep time the next day)

Do you know why?
because I (bleep) love you guys, and the game doesn't feel the same if I'm not seeing the game thread in real-time with you.

And now, 10 years later, I'm so happy as I was the first time. i was all smiling at work and at home all (bleep) day.

I miss kobe.

KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:46 pm    Post subject:

MookieBetts50 wrote:
Shalashaska wrote:
ducasse wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
32 wrote:

Quote:
Jerry Bembry

Tim Bontemps

Nick DePaula

Nick Friedell

Israel Gutierrez

Chris Herring

Tim Legler

Bobby Marks

Bunch of chumps indeed.

Well to play devil's advocate, those "experts" logic wasn't assuming the HEAT's top 3 guys would get injured early on in the series. However, AD nearly had to have a leg amputed so he clearly want 100% either but toughed it out.

Ducasse and Shalashaska:
Simmons has been nothing but a comedian to me for the past decade lol.
He b!tched and moaned the entire year before Lebron came here and signed. Where I’ll give him some credit he was one of the first to predict Lebron coming to LA.
He knew this championship was coming and there was nothing he and the rest of the Boston bums could do anything about it 😈😈😈

Me and my son laugh every time he pops up on some random commentary whenever we play 2K.

Mook:
Come on bruh! Injured or not you ain’t betting smart money Jimbo, Goran and Bam beating Lebron and AD.
Maybe bring back the ghost of DWade, Alonzo Mourning and Rony Seikaly and they'll have a shot 🤣
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:52 pm    Post subject:

I don't think the Lakers will sit on their laurels. We have weaknesses.

I hope they go after Seth YES Seth Curry.

He's not much on D but he's a lights out 3pt shooter. Career 44.6. Steph career 43.5.

Doesn't need to have the ball in his hands, he's a spot up shooter who can also create his own shot.

He and Rondo in the 2nd unit would be a force to be reckoned with.

Salary $7,461,380.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:58 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

He's not much on D but he's a lights out 3pt shooter. Career 44.6. Steph career 43.5.

Doesn't need to have the ball in his hands, he's a spot up shooter who can also create his own shot.

Salary $7,461,380.

He's under contract for 3 more years Jo. No chance Dallas moves him unless it's a really good offer since his production is well above his pay. We can't get him with our junk going out.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:15 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Salary $7,461,380.

He's under contract for 3 more years Jo. No chance Dallas moves him unless it's a really good offer since his production is well above his pay. We can't get him with our junk going out.

Yup thinking about doing any deals with Cuban is mission impossible.

FWIW I would love Seth Curry, Gary Trent or Lou Williams on this squad next season
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:21 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
MookieBetts50 wrote:
Shalashaska wrote:
ducasse wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
32 wrote:

Quote:
Jerry Bembry

Tim Bontemps

Nick DePaula

Nick Friedell

Israel Gutierrez

Chris Herring

Tim Legler

Bobby Marks

Bunch of chumps indeed.

Ducasse and Shalashaska:
Simmons has been nothing but a comedian to me for the past decade lol.
He b!tched and moaned the entire year before Lebron came here and signed. Where I’ll give him some credit he was one of the first to predict Lebron coming to LA.
He knew this championship was coming and there was nothing he and the rest of the Boston bums could do anything about it 😈😈😈

Me and my son laugh every time he pops up on some random commentary whenever we play 2K.

Mook:
Come on bruh! Injured or not you ain’t betting smart money Jimbo, Goran and Bam beating Lebron and AD.
Maybe bring back the ghost of DWade, Alonzo Mourning and Rony Seikaly and they'll have a shot 🤣

To hop in here and play devils advocate to his devils advocate

If Bam doesn't go down early we don't see Olynyk probably at all in the series or at least very limited minutes and the Lakers probably win this in 4-5 instead imo. Olynyk is just a much better matchup for them against the Lakers and is a reason I loved seeing Bam come back the final 2 games. Not to mention losing Dragic forced them to throw Nunn back into the rotation who was immediately on fire and caused Butler to shift into another gear playmaking wise and put up historic level performances which wouldn't have happened nearly as much with Dragic still out there as he would have been another playmaker but taking the ball out of Butler's hands.

Butler's injuries don't really count for much imo as you can say both Lebron and especially AD dealt with things as well but all 3 of these guys still played and at a high level the majority of the time.

As crazy as it sounds all those injuries outside of Butler actually helped them imo at least.

Bottom line though is the Lakers won and it's borderline bat (bleep) crazy for any "expert" to truthfully pick Bam to get Finals MVP Great young big for sure but that's insane. I can at least somewhat respect picking Butler if you're going to try and be "different" and pick the upset in the Heat.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:22 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Salary $7,461,380.

FWIW I would love Seth Curry, Gary Trent or Lou Williams on this squad next season

Hard no to Lou but the other 2 would be nice.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:24 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Salary $7,461,380.

Lou Williams is unplayable during the playoffs.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:43 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Salary $7,461,380.

I know Cuban doesn't do Laker deals. I was thinking Kuz and some picks.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:48 pm    Post subject:

Shalashaska wrote:
ducasse wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
32 wrote:

Quote:
Jerry Bembry

Tim Bontemps

Nick DePaula

Nick Friedell

Israel Gutierrez

Chris Herring

Tim Legler

Bobby Marks

Bunch of chumps indeed.

LOLZ

Haters gonna hate but you got to call them out for their stupidity.

Without the refs, it is a sweep for sure. Miami is a cute story but they won't be in the Finals again with this group so not worried at all about them.

Some very stupid predictions above by the "experts". 538 has the Lakers at 76% to win the series after Game 6 also.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:52 pm    Post subject:

^^^^ I don't know about a sweep. Jimmy Buckets was the reason for the Heat win, not the refs.

nevitt_smrek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:30 pm    Post subject:

In case people missed these and are interested, the legends also celebrated and sent their congrats to this year's champs. Demanding #18, tough to please!

The Cap:
https://twitter.com/i/status/1315490019604271110

The Coop:
https://twitter.com/i/status/1315472808231624705

Big Game:
https://twitter.com/i/status/1315472627184496640
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:38 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
ricardoJPC wrote:

Do you know why?

I miss kobe.

LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:38 pm    Post subject:

nevitt_smrek wrote:
In case people missed these and are interested, the legends also celebrated and sent their congrats to this year's champs. Demanding #18, tough to please!

The Cap:
https://twitter.com/i/status/1315490019604271110

The Coop:
https://twitter.com/i/status/1315472808231624705

Big Game:
https://twitter.com/i/status/1315472627184496640

They're used to their coach guaranteeing a repeat so it's normal to them.
Lake_Show99th
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:39 pm    Post subject:

This one had some many emotions!!!
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:52 pm    Post subject:

Nice little clip:

https://twitter.com/LAKERFANATICS/status/1315671635895054339
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:03 pm    Post subject:

Epic image pinched from the Laker subreddit:

https://i.redd.it/qgz5pe1ysqs51.jpg

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/lakers/comments/ja1dc9/lakers_2020_nba_champions/
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:09 pm    Post subject:

Wendy's twitter is next level

https://twitter.com/Wendys/status/1315790897695666176
secund2nun
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:17 pm    Post subject:

When was the last time LA won just one ring? Usually it is back to back or a 3 peat.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 12 of 15
Jump to: