Who stays? Who goes? Who comes?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
E_Wulf420
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:47 am    Post subject: Who stays? Who goes? Who comes?

The FO has some tough choices this off season. I believe there's 18 players on the roster and I'm not sure if the league will allow 18 next year(depends on the covid situation) If it was up to you, who do you let go and who do you retain?
Also who is a good FA that we can sign this year that will help keep the ball rolling for the next two years?

Guards
Cook
Caruso
KCP
Green
Rondo
Bradley
Waiters
THT
Smith

Bigs
James
Davis
Morris
Dudley
Kuzma
Howard
McGee
Antetokounmpo
Cakoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:50 am    Post subject:

Rondo is (bleep) trash in the regular season but in the playoff he's a different monster so I am keeping him.

Let Kuzma go, no chance he stays. Absolute low IQ scrub
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:55 am    Post subject:

No way J.R. Smith stays. Dude was out of the league for over a year and beating people up for breaking into his car before LeBron brought him in for old time’s sake.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
kobe_somebody_odom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:06 am    Post subject: Re: Who stays? Who goes? Who comes?

E_Wulf420 wrote:
The FO has some tough choices this off season. I believe there's 18 players on the roster and I'm not sure if the league will allow 18 next year(depends on the covid situation) If it was up to you, who do you let go and who do you retain?
Also who is a good FA that we can sign this year that will help keep the ball rolling for the next two years?

Guards
Cook
Caruso
KCP
Green
Rondo
Bradley
Waiters
THT
Smith

Bigs
James
Davis
Morris
Dudley
Kuzma
Howard
McGee
Antetokounmpo
Cakoc

Out: Green/Kuzma/Dudley/Smith/Morris/#28/ maybe Waiters
In: Gallo - MLE / Milsap - Vet Min /Wes Mathews or Korver- Vet Min / S&T Oladipo or Hield / Augustin - Vet Min

Bradley is the wildcard. If he opts in you don't need Augustin. If he opts out you go for Augustin. Waiters only stays if you move THT in a trade

KCP / DJ Augustin or Bradley / Rondo
Buddy Hield / Caruso / THT
Lebron / Gallo / Korver
AD / Milsap / Antetokounmpo
Howard / McGee / Cakoc
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:14 am    Post subject:

I don’t know, but Green is not going anywhere bc quite frankly, no one wants him with that contract. We would need to add an asset (like Kuzma) to just dump green, which isn’t worth it with just 1 year left on greens contract. Might be possible to move him in mid season.

Kuzma is likely gone tho, in a separate transaction.

AD is 90% staying, probably a 2+1

Hopefully Bradley opts in. With uncertainty regarding cap, and his desire to probably win a legit ring, I think he stays. Not sure if anyone would offer materially more than $5 he is getting here
monster_montego
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:17 am    Post subject: Re: Who stays? Who goes? Who comes?

kobe_somebody_odom wrote:
E_Wulf420 wrote:

Guards
Cook
Caruso
KCP
Green
Rondo
Bradley
Waiters
THT
Smith

Bigs
James
Davis
Morris
Dudley
Kuzma
Howard
McGee
Antetokounmpo
Cakoc

In: Gallo - MLE / Milsap - Vet Min /Wes Mathews or Korver- Vet Min / S&T Oladipo or Hield / Augustin - Vet Min

Bradley is the wildcard. If he opts in you don't need Augustin. If he opts out you go for Augustin. Waiters only stays if you move THT in a trade

Lebron / Gallo / Korver
Howard / McGee / Cakoc

Nice plan. BUt I suggest a few amendments:

1. Include McGee in any trade with Kuzma and have Boogie take his place. 2. Try asking the Morris twins to split the MLE and get rejected. Due diligence and discharge all possibilities before settling.
3. If #2 does not work, swap out Korver for a defensive minded player like Josh Jackson, Roberson, Harkless.

KCP, Bradley, Rondo
Oladipo or Hield/Caruso/THT
LBJ/Morris 1/Roberson or Jackson
AD/Morris 2/Dudley
D39/Boogie/Slava Medvedenko

or

KCP/Bradley/Rondo
Oladipo or Hield/Caruso/THT
LBJ/Gallo/Jackson
AD/Milsap/Dudley
D39/Boogie/Slava Medvedenko
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:20 am    Post subject:

Smith, Waiters can leave. Kostas and Cacok are two way contracts i believe, so i dont think they take away one of the 15 roster spots (?). Thats 14. Id like to use the MLE on a wing defender, but i also want us to keep Howard and Morris, and im not sure how much theyd ask for. Hopefully they take the min. Then let go of McGee and re-sign Cousins. Id like to get rid of Green and would like a 2ndary ball handler. And since we keep cap space for 21, the most obvious chouce would be Oladipo. If we could create a package around Green, Kuzma for him we should try. Pretty good scenario if we could pull it off.

Bradley, Oladipo, James, Davis, Howard
Rondo, KCP, wing, Morris, Cousins

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:22 am    Post subject:

DH
AD, Morris
LBJ, (KCP)
(Green), Caruso
Bradley, Rando

Tier 1:
AD
LBJ
Rando

Tier 2:
DH
Morris
Caruso
Bradley

Tier 3:
KCP
Green
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:52 am    Post subject:

Smith, Dudley, Waiters easily let go.

We try to keep Howard, Morris, Rondo and we may use that MLE to keep them.

I’d love to trade a Green but it doesn’t make sense for another team, unless his $15 million expiring next year is attractive to someone.

Bradley I think stays, McGee isn’t likely to opt out unless he feels he gets more than the $4 million in the market.

If you traded for Oladipo, would you be willing to include AC and Kuzma to do it?
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:02 am    Post subject:

h2omike wrote:

I’d love to trade a Green but it doesn’t make sense for another team, unless his $15 million expiring next year is attractive to someone.

Bradley I think stays, McGee isn’t likely to opt out unless he feels he gets more than the $4 million in the market.

If you traded for Oladipo, would you be willing to include AC and Kuzma to do it?

I wouldn't include AC as he's too important for a championship defensively. I'd include Kuzma and THT. Maybe Pacers would prefer THT's upside offensively and they are not a contender who needs AC anyway.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:03 am    Post subject:

h2omike wrote:

AC is a tough call because he has that chemistry with Lebron. I would think Indiana can get better assets if they gonna shop Oladipo though.

I’ll trade Green and the first if Jeremy Grant want to do sign and and trade with us.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:24 am    Post subject:

I think some of you may want to re-evaluate some of those suggested moves and your expectations.

I see multiple $20m+ players apparently signing for less then half that and even a vet min?
Or proposed trades for All-Star or high impact players being traded for the usual “Green, Kuzma, #28” package. Ironically usually proceeded by the same poster commenting on how much those guys suck and need to be sent out with the trash.

I hope I’m wrong and the impact vets all sign for pennies on the dollar. I certainly wouldn’t hate it!
buduan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:38 am    Post subject:

Please find a way to get rid of Danny Green. I don't care if the team pays him to stay home. Completely useless player.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:44 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
I think some of you may want to re-evaluate some of those suggested moves and your expectations.

I see multiple $20m+ players apparently signing for less then half that and even a vet min?
Or proposed trades for All-Star or high impact players being traded for the usual “Green, Kuzma, #28” package. Ironically usually proceeded by the same poster commenting on how much those guys suck and need to be sent out with the trash.

I hope I’m wrong and the impact vets all sign for pennies on the dollar. I certainly wouldn’t hate it!

Reality is most players will choose better contract as the highest priority and team prefer better assets for any trade. We don’t have both so I don’t expect much changes except KCP bolting for a payday and so will Kief. We probably gonna sign a vets like Gallo on MLE and fill in the roster with bargains like other proven vets like Boogie etc. Also that our first round pick will be shop around for someone like Shamet etc.

I expect AD to add wrinkles to his game though like some kinda spin moves around the basket . Any improvement on the low post will be a game changer for us. Also expect some other internal growth like Kuz with his shooting and ball handling skills, Caruso with his shooting and playmaking and THT getting into our rotation for more experience.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:49 am    Post subject:

buduan wrote:
Please find a way to get rid of Danny Green. I don't care if the team pays him to stay home. Completely useless player.

LMAO Danny Green is not a one trick pony that when his shots is not dropping, he’s useless. He does a lot of those little things that makes him a winning type of player.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:56 am    Post subject:

The toughest choices are about keeping Morris/Howard and trading Green/Kuzma.
That's what will shape our roster.

If we keep Howard, for example, I can see McGee getting traded.
Kuzma is on a cost controlled contract, but can we improve?

Waiters, Smith and Dudley are definitely gone.
AB, KCP and Rondo are opting in, IMHO
buduan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:37 pm    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
buduan wrote:

LMAO Danny Green is not a one trick pony that when his shots is not dropping, he’s useless. He does a lot of those little things that makes him a winning type of player.

No he doesn't. Can't defend (or won't) anymore. Turns the ball over. Can't hit a decent percentage from 3. He's useless. Large chunks of games he didn't stop anybody and couldn't hit the broadside of a barn.

USELESS.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:50 pm    Post subject:

buduan wrote:
CRoost wrote:
buduan wrote:

No he doesn't. Can't defend (or won't) anymore. Turns the ball over. Can't hit a decent percentage from 3. He's useless. Large chunks of games he didn't stop anybody and couldn't hit the broadside of a barn.

USELESS.

Lol so all those times when we were outscoring opponents by 100 plus when he is in the court compare to getting out scored by 14 when he’s not in the court in all playoff was useless to you. The screens, the hustles, deflections, blocks while maintaining the spacing in our offense has no value. Danny Green is a winning type player . He’s never been a shutdown on ball defender but he played excellent team defense. I bet if he made that Game 5 shot, everyone will be singing different tune.
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:12 pm    Post subject:

Green has seriously lost a step over the years. His defense is nowhere as good as it once was.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:13 pm    Post subject:

GOODRICH25 wrote:
Smith, Waiters can leave. Kostas and Cacok are two way contracts i believe, so i dont think they take away one of the 15 roster spots (?).

Kostas and Cacok's contracts ended when the season did. They are unrestricted free agents at this point.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Who stays? Who goes? Who comes?

kobe_somebody_odom wrote:
E_Wulf420 wrote:

Guards
Cook
Caruso
KCP
Green
Rondo
Bradley
Waiters
THT
Smith

Bigs
James
Davis
Morris
Dudley
Kuzma
Howard
McGee
Antetokounmpo
Cakoc

Lebron / Gallo / Korver
Howard / McGee / Cakoc

I suspect a number of these guys won't be available for as low a price point as you think.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Who stays? Who goes? Who comes?

monster_montego wrote:
2. Try asking the Morris twins to split the MLE and get rejected. Due diligence and discharge all possibilities before settling.

Creative.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:51 pm    Post subject:

buduan wrote:

Green is way overpaid, but that's a sunk cost so it shouldn't be part of the discussion. He is a solid rotation player. Nothing special, but a decent guy to have around. No reason to get rid of him just for the sake of getting rid of him.
Lakeshow323
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:54 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
GOODRICH25 wrote:
Smith, Waiters can leave. Kostas and Cacok are two way contracts i believe, so i dont think they take away one of the 15 roster spots (?).

Kostas and Cacok's contracts ended when the season did. They are unrestricted free agents at this point.

Resign Kostas for the 2021 Giannis bait.
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:04 pm    Post subject:

I pretty much hate Greens game, but we only have him one more year. All I can hope for is he picks it up in the offseason.

No one is gift wrapping an all star for him, and what we can attach may not be enough. That’s why I think AC, Kuzma, THT and maybe the 28th pick have to go with the Laker wasteland of DG. to make a big deal happen.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: