Goodbye TALEN HORTON-TUCKER Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 200, 201, 202  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:51 am    Post subject:

That Lonzo + THT backcourt is gonna be very interesting.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:25 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
Good pick by Magic...!

He actually wasn't drafted by Magic. Magic was already gone by last year's draft.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:21 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
unleasHell wrote:
Good pick by Magic...!

He actually wasn't drafted by Magic. Magic was already gone by last year's draft.

💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:34 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Does he become a starter? Or bench player by year 3?

Too early to make those projections.

He's 19.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:16 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/SouthBayLakers/status/1305658210825592833
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:46 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
https://twitter.com/SouthBayLakers/status/1305658210825592833

DRAE, you’ve been a believer in the kid from the beginning, long before the hype. I hope your enjoying THT’s success as much as me. Feels good to see him do in the Playoffs what we saw in South Bay. Heard he grew an inch this year too.
poppies
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:44 pm    Post subject:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Thortontucker/status/1307882439092719616

Haha, good to know the AD celebration wasn't too much for THT.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:27 pm    Post subject:

He had verticality. lol.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:33 pm    Post subject:

Why wasn't he in uniform today?
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:40 pm    Post subject:

Way to take that charge from AD youngin’!
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:24 pm    Post subject:

Watching Tyler Herro get his chance with Miami really pisses me off. THT has looked great all season, but we can never find minutes for him.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:28 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Watching Tyler Herro get his chance with Miami really pisses me off. THT has looked great all season, but we can never find minutes for him.

One thing is not like the other.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:30 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

One thing is not like the other.

Yes, Miami gives their young guys an opportunity and puts them in the right setting to succeed. You are correct.
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:15 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:

Was thinking the same thing. Give THT 40 minutes and see the numbers. Hope it’s on the Lakers someday, but there is a backlog at guard.
matigol
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:56 pm    Post subject:

Kudos to this kid
windycitycane
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:02 am    Post subject:

wasn't he the youngest player to be in the finals??

I like this kid.. lots of upside.. please don't trade him, we might have another superstar within the organization!
kobe_somebody_odom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:09 am    Post subject:

windycitycane wrote:
wasn't he the youngest player to be in the finals??

I like this kid.. lots of upside.. please don't trade him, we might have another superstar within the organization!

I agree. I hold on to THT if possible. I would cut or move Giannis brother before THT
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:30 am    Post subject:

Calling it - he'll get some valued minutes next year, and will be a rotation piece in 2021-22
#18 next...
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:42 am    Post subject:

Biggest thing for me with these youngsters is can they shoot? If we get to see him, say get a sample size of 50-100 game time shots and free throws, then I’ll make a judgement.

I agree with the earlier posts about us loving late round overachievers instead of lottery picks who are not ready for the bright lights yet. For me it’s an economic thing, generally players making much less than NBA average, I’m willing to give them time to develop. Once they are making 8,10 or more million a year, I want good shooting, excellent free throw percent, and an attitude that winning basketball is foremost in their mind and on the court effort. Cough, DLO, cough.

So yeah I have been easy on Kuzma, AC, and other guys making under five million a year. And I’ve been much harder on Green, Randle, Ingram, Bynum, Grant and other leeches.

So we will see what THT has got, lots of time still, but I’d package him in a heartbeat for a better offensive player than Green if I could get it.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:28 pm    Post subject:

Dude is gonna be a rotational player next season. I'm excited to see his improvements next season!
Dumhead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:17 pm    Post subject:

Can you guys help me out? I like what little I've seen of THT. But I haven't really seen a whole lot... at least not enough to have an informed opinion. But I see a lot of LGers very high on him. Educate me.
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:21 pm    Post subject:

Dumhead wrote:
Can you guys help me out? I like what little I've seen of THT. But I haven't really seen a whole lot... at least not enough to have an informed opinion. But I see a lot of LGers very high on him. Educate me.

Combo guard with incredible wingspan and big hands. Average athlete but has Decent defensive instincts coupled with his physical traits may make him a disruptive defender (steals/deflections). Offensively has a lot of shake to his game (one of the only guards on the roster who can create space off the dribble) but at this stage he relies a lot on high degree of difficulty step backs and unorthodox finishes around the rim. Jumper needs work.

Needs a lot of polish but has some tools to become a rotation player.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:32 pm    Post subject:

LakersMD wrote:
Dumhead wrote:

Combo guard with incredible wingspan and big hands. Average athlete but has Decent defensive instincts coupled with his physical traits may make him a disruptive defender (steals/deflections). Offensively has a lot of shake to his game (one of the only guards on the roster who can create space off the dribble) but at this stage he relies a lot on high degree of difficulty step backs and unorthodox finishes around the rim. Jumper needs work.

Upside argument: a rare, odd intersection of natural strength/frame and freakish wingspan; even though not vertically explosive, anthrometric traits along with quick hips and feet (and the aforementioned defensive instincts) could allow him to guard 1-3 effectively with continued development.

Not yet 20 years old, with his handle, footwork, shot making feel, and passing chops combined with natural confidence he has scoring upside to one day become a good third option (if everything works out).
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:36 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
LakersMD wrote:
Dumhead wrote:

Upside argument: a rare, odd intersection of natural strength/frame and freakish wingspan; even though not vertically explosive, anthrometric traits along with quick hips and feet (and the aforementioned defensive instincts) could allow him to guard 1-3 effectively with continued development.

Not yet 20 years old, with his handle, footwork, shot making feel, and passing chops combined with natural confidence he has scoring upside to one day become a good third option (if everything works out).

No argument from me that that’s his ceiling. Optimistic but not out of the realm of possibility. At the very least he projects as a two way player who you’re not going to have to hide on either end of the floor.
The God Particle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:00 pm    Post subject:

Dumhead wrote:

His physical measurables are elite of the elite. Has hands that rival Kahwi's. And a wingspan that has no rivals at his height.

He had a very good freshman season at the age where most elite basketball players are still seniors in high school. That's why he's the youngest player in the NBA.

His of on ball skills like handle, footwork, shake and shot creating skills combined with his hand size, wingspan and body size/strength will make him a bonafide scorer in this league.

Because of his physical measurables he was already considered a very good young defender. His offensive game will get him on the court next year. His defensive game will keep him on it.

I was extremely high on him this past draft (check the receipts!), and I think he will go down as the steal of the draft. Although both rookies this year, Tyler Heroo is close to a full year older than THT.My fear is that teams with championship aspirations aren't exactly "development friendly".
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 200, 201, 202  Next
Page 55 of 202
Jump to: