Official ANTHONY DAVIS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1000, 1001, 1002 ... 1423, 1424, 1425  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PASTOR RILEY
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:50 pm    Post subject:

RJ 21 wrote:
ksmgf wrote:
logical24 wrote:
''LeBron told Anthony Davis they have “more work to do” during their championship celebration, per Chris Haynes''

Never satisfied

Something brewing fellas i feel we might get a third star. Bron knows something

Kuzma, Green, and #28 for PG13

No thanks.
I would do that in a heartbeat
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:54 pm    Post subject:

ReaListik wrote:
Question about LeBron’s contract - Is this upcoming 3rd season his last season with us and has the option to come back for the 4th or can decline it?

This should answer your question. Spotrac is a great site: https://www.spotrac.com/nba/los-angeles-lakers/lebron-james-2257/
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:56 pm    Post subject:

PASTOR RILEY wrote:
RJ 21 wrote:
ksmgf wrote:
logical24 wrote:
''LeBron told Anthony Davis they have “more work to do” during their championship celebration, per Chris Haynes''

Never satisfied

No thanks.

I dunno. It was bad enough having a 15mil/yr player in Green completely choke in the playoffs. Having a 35mil/yr guy do the same kinda (bleep)? Yikes.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:02 pm    Post subject:

PASTOR RILEY wrote:
RJ 21 wrote:
ksmgf wrote:
logical24 wrote:

Never satisfied

No thanks.

I know why you would do that in a heartbeat. I would too. PG13, despite his flaws, he's not a leader, he does not have the constitution to be a dominant force, would be real good as a #3 option behind our two forces of nature.
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:09 pm    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
PASTOR RILEY wrote:
RJ 21 wrote:
ksmgf wrote:
logical24 wrote:

Never satisfied

No thanks.

I know why you would do that in a heartbeat. I would too. PG13, despite his flaws, he's not a leader, he does not have the constitution to be a dominant force, would be real good as a #3 option behind our two forces of nature.

That’s the problem. He doesn’t see himself as a #3. Anyways he had his chance but stayed with OKC and his bff Westbrick!

That worked out well. Dude has a loser mentality.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:57 pm    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
PASTOR RILEY wrote:
RJ 21 wrote:
ksmgf wrote:
logical24 wrote:

Never satisfied

No thanks.

PG13 "lost all his LA privileges" in my eyes. He can go and fade into mediocrity.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:11 am    Post subject:

PASTOR RILEY wrote:
RJ 21 wrote:
ksmgf wrote:
logical24 wrote:

Never satisfied

No thanks.

I wouldn't. PG13 and Kawhi can suck it. I love seeing them in LA watching the Lakers win championships. They're so close yet so far to a championship.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:21 am    Post subject:

I'm sure PG is up late every day brainstorming how he's gonna lie and backpedal and change his narrative for the billionth time to weasel his way onto the Lakers in a year or two. "I've always said I was a Kobe fan growing up, and it was my dream to play for the Lakers in his honor, but it just wasn't possible...until now."
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:02 am    Post subject:

AD on Jimmy Kimmel

Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:07 am    Post subject:

Kobetan wrote:
AD on Jimmy Kimmel

Really enjoyed this. Davis looks like such a good down to earth guy, so happy for him on his first championship -- you could see the pure joy on his face.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:29 am    Post subject:

Champion AD, my dude just leveled up from Dame $, Blake, CP3, Westbrook and leapfrogged Harden into Kobe-Shaq-Bron-KD-Curry territory... and AD knows it too, he’s not going nowhere, he’s in good team who’s about to give him whatever contract he wants, a FO backed up by Klutch that delivers a championship squad, can and will re-load... and AD gets to be the prince of LA ala 2001 Kobe, difference is Bron is more than ready to hand over the baton after his 3rd team FMVP, Shaq wasn’t ready. FO can’t f this up, be ready to get that up and coming third star. Run that shiet back!
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:38 am    Post subject:

Anthony Davis even after winning a championship and sharing the ball with Lebron, mantains all time playoff PPG numbers with 28.8 per game, which puts him top 5 ALL TIME right along with Lebron.

Think about that, top 5 all time. He is scoring with the likes of Jerry West, Kevin Durant and Bron. That is how great this guy has been thus far in his career.

The only concern with AD will be injuries. He falls down a lot. KD tore his Achilles by 30. I think it will only be a matter of time when AD has that devastating injury. He has to find a way as gets closer to 30 in a few years to find ways to not fall down all the time.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:09 am    Post subject:

I think there's another level in AD's game that hasn't been unlocked.

Playmaker, ball handler. He grew up as a guard so he has those skills, but through later high school/college/NBA, he's been sort of pigeonholed as a big man. I think he can unlock a bit of that next year.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:23 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Playmaker, ball handler. He grew up as a guard so he has those skills, but through later high school/college/NBA, he's been sort of pigeonholed as a big man. I think he can unlock a bit of that next year.

U kno, then we talking about a taller, better shooting, younger, defensive juggernaut version of LeBron
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:23 am    Post subject:

I'm hopeful that AD realizes what he has here, he seem REAL happy with his NBA life right now. Keep winning titles with us big man.

And yes - he's got great skills and upside that hasn't been fully utilized yet, guard skills and versatility that serve him well, particularly in the playoffs when matchup battles, adjustment and strategy are what will win a series.
KOBE WAN
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:32 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Anthony Davis even after winning a championship and sharing the ball with Lebron, mantains all time playoff PPG numbers with 28.8 per game, which puts him top 5 ALL TIME right along with Lebron.

Think about that, top 5 all time. He is scoring with the likes of Jerry West, Kevin Durant and Bron. That is how great this guy has been thus far in his career.

The only concern with AD will be injuries. He falls down a lot. KD tore his Achilles by 30. I think it will only be a matter of time when AD has that devastating injury. He has to find a way as gets closer to 30 in a few years to find ways to not fall down all the time.

His trainers trained him to fall to avoid a worse injury. Seemed to have worked this year
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:32 am    Post subject:

AD’s not leaving, but even if he did, I wouldn’t be mad. We got #17. That’s all that matters. Like Unwritten Rules said... “Give then another pick!”
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:33 am    Post subject:

KOBE WAN wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

His trainers trained him to fall to avoid a worse injury. Seemed to have worked this year

Yeah, Kobe started falling easily and frequently after his bad injuries and it seemed to protect him from any more. Very rarely do you see a guy get hurt by a fall, although sometimes a falling player causes an injury to another player.
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:49 am    Post subject:

Bol wrote:
KOBE WAN wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Yeah, Kobe started falling easily and frequently after his bad injuries and it seemed to protect him from any more. Very rarely do you see a guy get hurt by a fall, although sometimes a falling player causes an injury to another player.

Correct, AD falling (especially for bigs) is by design. This is to avoid landing on another player's foot, leg etc and spraining an ankle or knee or worse tearing something.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:48 am    Post subject:

World Champion AD on Kimmel last night:

https://twitter.com/jimmykimmellive/status/1316373555131498497?s=21
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:06 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Those are definitely things that can make him even more deadly. I think his next level is primarily psychological, though. If/when he develops an alpha dog mentality like Bron eventually did, AD will be able to lead a team to a ring as the true #1 guy.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:04 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania

Sources: Anthony Davis plans to opt out of contract and re-sign with the Lakers.

Yes!!!
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:06 am    Post subject:

just need to know how many years. LA Times reported a couple days ago it will be a max deal.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:09 am    Post subject:

Woj got smoked by Shams. lol
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:10 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Woj got smoked by Shams. lol

Shams is the only one right now with access to the Lakers
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1000, 1001, 1002 ... 1423, 1424, 1425  Next
Page 1001 of 1425
Jump to: